PDA

View Full Version : Tournament shields

Mastervoodoo
08-16-2018, 04:24 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180816/4c019ac175c0555c752fbacd9abc8e3c.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180816/3e31841d5c3af0b379cf6ebd2f7bf2e8.pnghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180816/ea92229f80c44820689dbaddf822f796.png. Just got too looking at tournament winners and noticed a fiercem red one, and amazing blue one, and then a peach ring metal fence one? Lol. What happened [emoji23] even the white ones were epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolize
08-16-2018, 04:25 PM
We’re working on getting it redesigned.

Iamxmayhem
08-16-2018, 04:30 PM
LOl. Leave us alone �� but I guess I can’t lie, those two shields do make me kinda jealous

Dolloway
08-16-2018, 04:43 PM
I believe it's supposed to look like an old plank based on the design and I think brown would better suit a theme like that. However, there's nothing really brown to match the shield in game so that wouldn't look that great with other vanities either.

The peach/tan border is just totally left field and looks weird in my opinion. The shield itself is a tad better but is still a bit dull and lacks brightness like the first two red and blue shields.

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 04:47 PM
lol...People can never appreciate what they earn.

Do players require permission to post other chars image on forum? :P
Thanks for asking...

Iamxmayhem
08-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Exactly, I just heard rumors that cinco changed “jensmage” tournament shield because of the same reason. Still waiting to see if he’ll do the same for us . It doesn’t even look like a tournament shield . I have to agree with voodo

Absolize
08-16-2018, 04:55 PM
I believe it's supposed to look like an old plank based on the design and I think brown would better suit a theme like that. However, there's nothing really brown to match the shield in game so that wouldn't look that great with other vanities either.

The peach/tan border is just totally left field and looks weird in my opinion. The shield itself is a tad better but is still a bit dull and lacks brightness like the first two red and blue shields.

Agreed. I would like some tweaking on it.

Iamxmayhem
08-16-2018, 04:56 PM
Is that really coming from someone who hasn’t stop posting pictures of me on forums complaining that we won/ that we received the tournament and “participation” shield? Key word there . Participation.

Mastervoodoo
08-16-2018, 04:58 PM
So it was called summer bash. Shouldn’t that third shield of been blue , or green ? Or even white and blue? To match the ocean or beach themed lol. I feel bad for cold

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 05:30 PM
So it was called summer bash. Shouldn’t that third shield of been blue , or green ? Or even white and blue? To match the ocean or beach themed lol. I feel bad for cold

The shield should be left as is because it has already been released. A player titled it Summer Bash and not STS. Should have titled it Rhino Bash. :P

Draebatad
08-16-2018, 05:40 PM
The 105 CTF 5v5 Tourney shield is very creative. The brick wall texture, cleverly implies that the team was as tough as bricks, hence their win in the finals. The skull and crossbones symbol was used. Everything about the shield says tourney champion shield. I think it looks great. Nice work, Cinco!

Muzzling
08-16-2018, 05:40 PM
The shield should be left as is because it has already been released. A player titled it Summer Bash and not STS. Should have titled it Rhino Bash. :P
you seem a bit salty, try just enjoying the game :)

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 05:55 PM
you seem a bit salty, try just enjoying the game :)

Expressing my opinion and reason why.

Absolize
08-16-2018, 06:07 PM
Expressing my opinion and reason why.

I don’t see anyone else complaining but you, considering you tried to use people to persue your vendetta against apex :)

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 06:17 PM
I don’t see anyone else complaining but you, considering you tried to use people to persue your vendetta against apex :)

Check Mine comment and others. I loan lots of items to players. Nice people still do that.

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 06:20 PM
Surprised the player has the guts to post a thread with the comments like that on forum. Cinco spent time updating the tourney shield design. Spend sometime on other people’s shoes and u will understand the other persons feeling.

SuperGotenks
08-16-2018, 07:19 PM
Surprised the player has the guts to post a thread with the comments like that on forum. Cinco spent time updating the tourney shield design. Spend sometime on other people’s shoes and u will understand the other persons feeling.

Hi, aren’t you the person who asked to change your L71 tournament shield design as well? If i recall correctly, your tournament shield originally had a different color border to it. Hypocrisy at its finest people.

Mastervoodoo
08-16-2018, 08:17 PM
Hi, aren’t you the person who asked to change your L71 tournament shield design as well? If i recall correctly, your tournament shield originally had a different color border to it. Hypocrisy at its finest people.

Lol well said

Muzzling
08-16-2018, 08:44 PM
Stop arguing before cinco closes the thread please, he has to do that way to much we all just need to try an get along :D we all play the same game so we have that in common!!

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 08:51 PM

I didn’t..a few players suggested the shield to be updated before the final battle. Drea and others suggested the shield the way it is today.

Mastervoodoo
08-16-2018, 09:10 PM
I didn’t..a few players suggested the shield to be updated before the final battle. Drea and others suggested the shield the way it is today.

That implies y’all knew what the shield looked like prior to receiving it . Multiple people saw you wear it before it was completely black and red. Why is everyone making a big deal about the winning team wanting the shield tweaked ? You didn’t receive it so it doesn’t affect you.

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 09:17 PM
That implies y’all knew what the shield looked like prior to receiving it . Multiple people saw you wear it before it was completely black and red. Why is everyone making a big deal about the winning team wanting the shield tweaked ? You didn’t receive it so it doesn’t affect you.

The shield was received as is and was never updated after shield was received. You should update the title of the thread to not mock the designer of the shield.

Waug
08-16-2018, 09:27 PM

That's applicable to ya as well, fits perfectly same way, no? The whole apex member and even others who helped just to pursue u or ur gm in revenge of stating a common truth in forums. Quite funny xD

Mastervoodoo
08-16-2018, 09:42 PM
The shield was received as is and was never updated after shield was received. You should update the title of the thread to not mock the designer of the shield.

The title in no way mocks the designer of the shield tyvm :) maybe you should mind your own business and stay out of stuff that doesn’t involve you , only reason your ss is up there is because of the shield and because you involved your self with something that doesn’t / want affect you once so ever .

Jensmage
08-16-2018, 10:16 PM
The title in no way mocks the designer of the shield tyvm :) maybe you should mind your own business and stay out of stuff that doesn’t involve you , only reason your ss is up there is because of the shield and because you involved your self with something that doesn’t / want affect you once so ever .

Forum thread is public...

Buchmeister
08-16-2018, 10:36 PM
To be honest, the tournament winners are in the complete right if they want to get their tournament shield re-designed. I wouldn't want to work so hard for something that's gonna sit in my stash because it doesn't match anything except the ever-popular "brick wall" armor.

Oh wait.

Idevour
08-16-2018, 11:12 PM
I dont think any tournament shield matches with a set, probably because they are not a set item.

Mastervoodoo
08-17-2018, 01:14 AM
To be honest, the tournament winners are in the complete right if they want to get their tournament shield re-designed. I wouldn't want to work so hard for something that's gonna sit in my stash because it doesn't match anything except the ever-popular "brick wall" armor.

Oh wait.

Hahahaha wish I would have thought to say this .

Mastervoodoo
08-17-2018, 01:16 AM
I dont think any tournament shield matches with a set, probably because they are not a set item.

Care to file a hurt feelings report?

Fwend
08-17-2018, 04:51 AM
The participant's shield is a vibrant blue and white, very beautiful.

As a tournement winner Cold, what colour do you suggest Cinco change your winning shield to?

Maybe vibrant blue back ground? And white trim? To go with white lighting set.

Absolize
08-17-2018, 06:36 AM

As a tournement winner Cold, what colour do you suggest Cinco change your winning shield to?

I’m not Cold, but, as a winner, I would like to see the main color be a very nice blue (like Rose and Dolloway’s shield) and the skull and trim be a beautiful bright white color. And, as for the bolts on the trim, I would like to see them either be black or blue. I think this would fit the “Summer Bash” theme of the tournament considering it’s like a beach-type shield. All of my teammates agree with this statement. :)

Islamiyah24
08-17-2018, 08:35 AM
Ialready suggest some shield in other threads but im bored editing so idont continue this just look if theres any good for recoloring even tho idont have the oarticipation or winner shield lol just tryin to help.

Absolize
08-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Ialready suggest some shield in other threads but im bored editing so idont continue this just look if theres any good for recoloring even tho idont have the oarticipation or winner shield lol just tryin to help.

Those are some nice suggestions, would be dope to see one of them, but i would really like to see my suggestion for the blue!

Xyzther
08-17-2018, 11:03 AM
I’d pay 5k plat for a shield with cincos face on it

XghostzX
08-17-2018, 11:17 AM
I’d pay 5k plat for a shield with cincos face on it

I'd pay 10k plat to have shield with your face on it

Dolloway
08-17-2018, 11:36 AM
I'd pay 10k plat to have shield with your face on it

After the wedding, can we get shields with Ghost in a suit and Xyz in a wedding dress holding hands? Or maybe flying in the Oktal spaceship (the one that transports you from Oktal Swamps to Asylum Earth) with a sign that says "Just Married"?

IiRose
08-17-2018, 11:37 AM
Each tournament shield is supposed to be a unique shield that has colors unlike any other. I think changing it to blue would be repetitive of my own and it does injustice to Dolloway's, mine, and your shields. Even though you may not see it now, I think in the long term, you'd appreciate another shield that's totally different. I think your shields are already awesome and unique but if you don't like it, then perhaps yellow, green, pink, or silver steel like the Zap Armor. The most important thing about a tournament shield is that you stand out because its something different, unique, and meaningful to you. Having a tournament shield that already has been made for someone else takes away from that "glitter", "gleam", and that sense of belonging just for you.

-IiRose

Bats
08-17-2018, 11:45 AM
It seems like all tournament shields are unique and from the looks of it, the tournament sponsor has decided to make it different than all previous tournament shields with a metallic look.

Probably, there shouldn't be a focus on making tournament shields look similar since it won't likely happen. Small updates are probably good such as making it more "shiny" or removing the borders since it's the first of it's kind.

Dolloway
08-17-2018, 11:50 AM
Each tournament shield is supposed to be a unique shield that has colors unlike any other. I think changing it to blue would be repetitive of my own and it does injustice to Dolloway's, mine, and your shields. Even though you may not see it now, I think in the long term, you'd appreciate another shield that's totally different. I think your shields are already awesome and unique but if you don't like it, then perhaps yellow, green, pink, or silver steel like the Zap Armor. The most important thing about a tournament shield is that you stand out because its something different, unique, and meaningful to you. Having a tournament shield that already has been made for someone else takes away from that "glitter", "gleam", and that sense of belonging just for you.

-IiRose

Good point, Rose. I totally agree with you - every pvp skull tourney shield has been unique thus far, from White to Black to Blue to Red. I believe that there are plenty of colors that the shield could have besides one of these as the main color. Originally, people requested that the shields be gold to match the newly released White Dragon set and I think this would have been a great idea. I understand that the White Dragon set is now two months old and there are far more vanities in the game now, but this is just one suggestion.

I honestly believe that the current shield is very unique already, it could just use a different trim and a bit more brightness on the shield itself as I've already stated. If Cinco does decide to change the entire shield, then he will be creating a precedent for any future tournament winners to get any designs they want and I'm not sure if this would be in his best interest unfortunately. No past tournament winner has been able to change their tournament shield design or color so this would be stepping into entirely new territory.

Regardless if there are any changes or not made to the shield, you should be thankful that you have a unique vanity shield that others will never have, just as other tournament winners have cherished.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 12:41 PM
Tourney shields should all be unique. Since it’s a Summer Bash Tourney, it should reflects the theme and the title of the shield. Titled should be something like,”Summer Bash Tourney 2018”. Plenty of colors to select. Angel tourney shield will match the angel set.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 12:48 PM
I guess the next few tourney winners will select Blue Tourney Shield also. Rip if 20 players selected 20 blue shields. That is the issue with having players be able to design their own shields. It is always better to have the community or STS designer select the design instead of the winners. Once the offer for updating the tourney shield is available to a single group, then others will want it too.

SuperGotenks
08-17-2018, 01:08 PM
I guess the next few tourney winners will select Blue Tourney Shield also. Rip if 20 players selected 20 blue shields. That is the issue with having players be able to design their own shields. It is always better to have the community or STS designer select the design instead of the winners. Once the offer for updating the tourney shield is available to a single group, then others will want it too.

I still don’t understand why you’re being hypocritical.. You recieved your tournament shield with a creme colored trim which was then changed to black/dark grey within two days. So yes, you’re right, others do want to update their tourney shield since you were the first to do it.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 01:26 PM
I still don’t understand why you’re being hypocritical.. You recieved your tournament shield with a creme colored trim which was then changed to black/dark grey within two days. So yes, you’re right, others do want to update their tourney shield since you were the first to do it.

This is the email sent to Cinco. I didn't request the color. The community did by a few players. Search for the L71 tourney and read the thread. To be honest, owning a tourney shield and knowing that you won is what matters. Ill be glad to own any tourney shield as long as I won it.

I didn't ask my friends on forum to create a thread about updating the tourney shield.

From Draebatad"
"Two weeks sounds perfect. And that shield, dope. (black edges match bd even better though) "

From me sent to Cinco.
"Lots of players have commented about the 2018 Tourney Shield color and they believe that black edge instead of white will make the tourney shield look even better."

Absolize
08-17-2018, 02:35 PM
This is the email sent to Cinco. I didn't request the color. The community did by a few players. Search for the L71 tourney and read the thread. To be honest, owning a tourney shield and knowing that you won is what matters. Ill be glad to own any tourney shield as long as I won it.

I didn't ask my friends on forum to create a thread about updating the tourney shield.

From Draebatad"
"Two weeks sounds perfect. And that shield, dope. (black edges match bd even better though) "

From me sent to Cinco.
"Lots of players have commented about the 2018 Tourney Shield color and they believe that black edge instead of white will make the tourney shield look even better."

And the truth shall set us free.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 02:37 PM
And the truth shall set us free.

The truth is that the community selected the design and not the winner.

SuperGotenks
08-17-2018, 02:47 PM

Hi Jen,

a majority of the community has been saying that the winner's shield is not up to par compared to the participation shield that everyone recieved. In addition, I have multiple SS of people messaging me about how much of a let down the champion shield was. If the community thinks so, shouldn't Cinco listen to the suggestions we provide in order to improve its appearance? :)

Absolize
08-17-2018, 02:56 PM

The winners, who wear the shield proudly stating that we won a pvp tournament, should be able to have it how we like it so we would be pleased. You got to choose how your shield looks, everyone knows considering your previous post. :P So I feel we (considering we want to wear it forever) should get input on how it looks. We’re also part of the community, not saying we hate it.. ofc we are greatful for it. But we would like it to match vanities better considering i wanna rock it always anyway.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Hi Jen,

a majority of the community has been saying that the winner's shield is not up to par compared to the participation shield that everyone recieved. In addition, I have multiple SS of people messaging me about how much of a let down the champion shield was. If the community thinks so, shouldn't Cinco listen to the suggestions we provide in order to improve its appearance? :)

Seems like players change their taste quick. LOL reminds me of Black Set Vanity. People use to think it was ugly and now players are requesting it for 250m/set.

From the 5v5 CTF thread.

"Very much appreciated cinco . The shields are beautiful" - Iamxmayhem

"Such beautiful shields" - FWEND

Draebatad
08-17-2018, 03:07 PM
The lack of gratitude for the cleverly designed and unique first prize shield is shameful. Cinco designed that shield two months ago. It's done. You'll have to be happy with the way it is. If you want another design then go out and win more tournaments to get a shot at a design you might like. The 105 tourney shield is pretty sweet. Try to appreciate what you have and respect it for what it represents. Instead of crying to the person who was kind enough to even sponsor that messy tourney.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 03:14 PM
Maybe the 5v5 CTF Tourney Shield is to match the up coming cap/set/vanities...

Absolize
08-17-2018, 03:30 PM
Simple fact is the people who are fighting the redesign of the shield hate us, so they want to have us unhappy any way they can. We was just suggesting for it to stand out more and match better, and we are the shield owners. People who just want to irritate others shouldn’t be the judges.

SuperGotenks
08-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Seems like players change their taste quick. LOL reminds me of Black Set Vanity. People use to think it was ugly and now players are requesting it for 250m/set.

From the 5v5 CTF thread.

"Very much appreciated cinco . The shields are beautiful" - Iamxmayhem

"Such beautiful shields" - FWEND

Oh wait.

Due to the winners being dissatisfied and if suggestions are permitted, I think the border and the skull should be the same color (either bright white or black), and the steel look should be emphasized and shinier since it looks a little dull. I think the zap armor gives a nice bright shiny metallic look. Perhaps the shield can adopt something similar.

-IiRose

*Pretends not to see all posts saying how weird the shield looks like*

Also, Cinco released the design of your tournament shield before it was won. This gave time for the "community" (you and drae) to suggest the border to be black. The opinion of two people shouldn't reflect the whole community, yet your shield was still given the change you and Drae suggested.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 04:46 PM
*Pretends not to see all posts saying how weird the shield looks like*

Also, Cinco released the design of your tournament shield before it was won. This gave time for the "community" (you and drae) to suggest the border to be black. The opinion of two people shouldn't reflect the whole community, yet your shield was still given the change you and Drae suggested.

LOL even Absolize and others suggested the edge to be black before the final L71 tourney match.

SuperGotenks
08-17-2018, 04:48 PM

From Draebatad"

From me sent to Cinco.

True, black edges might match the black dragon set even better. I think the shield should be tradable because that will permit players to use it on their other acc with different character levels. If I win, its not for sale. :P I'm a collector.

Quotes speak for themselves.

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 04:49 PM
The lack of gratitude for the cleverly designed and unique first prize shield is shameful. Cinco designed that shield two months ago. It's done. You'll have to be happy with the way it is. If you want another design then go out and win more tournaments to get a shot at a design you might like. The 105 tourney shield is pretty sweet. Try to appreciate what you have and respect it for what it represents. Instead of crying to the person who was kind enough to even sponsor that messy tourney.

Plus one for me. Once decided and commented on forum shouldn't be altered. Especially when the players have received the shields. Its like buying and returning because you don't like it after trying. This isn't like Costco where they have great return policy. Costco best....

I wonder if Cinco can update the WHITE TOURNEY Shields to be the Black Tourney Shield... That looks way better. :P

Xyzther
08-17-2018, 04:56 PM
Will if you see this ily and I miss you

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 04:57 PM
Will if you see this ily and I miss you

I bet you shop at Costco...

SuperGotenks
08-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Plus one for me. Once decided and commented on forum shouldn't be altered. Especially when the players have received the shields. Its like buying and returning because you don't like it after trying. This isn't like Costco where they have great return policy. Costco best....

I wonder if Cinco can update the WHITE TOURNEY Shields to be the Black Tourney Shield... That looks way better. :P
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180817/ae72040a01acae4007e6da51ad487bd2.jpg

Once commented on forum it shouldnt be changed, right? Oh wait...

Xyzther
08-17-2018, 05:10 PM
I bet you shop at Costco...

No I bet YOU shop at costco

SuperGotenks
08-17-2018, 05:11 PM
No I bet YOU shop at costco

Please stop derailing this thread. Thank you

Xyzther
08-17-2018, 05:25 PM
Please stop derailing this thread. Thank you

I will do so only because you are a proud member of the beloved guild Unity which I once heavily supported oh so much

Absolize
08-17-2018, 05:30 PM

Lol there it is

Absolize
08-17-2018, 05:33 PM
Shouldn’t be altered once done, even though yours was to your liking? Interesting..

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 05:46 PM

Have u read Cinco statement at all? Any wording? Apparently not.

“I think these are great ideas...but the participation and winner shields for the ctf have already been made. I’ll keep these opinions in mind for future tourneys” - Cinco

Jensmage
08-17-2018, 05:56 PM
Shouldn’t be altered once done, even though yours was to your liking? Interesting..

I was happy with both ways. If Cinco want, he can change my shield to the previous color. I’m proud to own any tourney shield that I actually won. You and others suggested to change the color so i went the request before thr shiekd was sent to the players.

Absolize
08-17-2018, 06:05 PM
I was happy with both ways. If Cinco want, he can change my shield to the previous color. I’m proud to own any tourney shield that I actually won. You and others suggested to change the color so i went the request before thr shiekd was sent to the players.

Okay well he can change yours back then :) or we can have ours the way we like it I’m good both ways!

plpr
08-18-2018, 04:31 PM
I'm actually ok with mine

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk