PDA

View Full Version : How much does PL consume on data plans on an android phone?

Gunk
11-18-2011, 06:50 AM
Hey ive been playing pl for months now but totally over wifi on my tablet. Im getting an android phone really soon (christmas) and im going to put a 1GB allowance per month for my data plan since i dont really browse that much and im only gonna use it for emails and some random stuff. Say if i ever got bored in a car ride and decided to whip out PL for 1-2 hours on a 3G network how many megabytes or gigabytes would it use in 1 or 2 hours? (i mean how many MB wud it take out of my data plan of 1GB for 1 hour of playing). IM not very good with technical stuff so help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance guys!

BodMaster
11-18-2011, 10:12 AM
Hey Gunk, here's a little info on 'Data Usage'. (There's other links by JustG and such but in work atm :p)

With the exception of downloading the app, and patching, actual gameplay usage should be less than 1k/second generally (lower if you do solo instances, etc).

3600 kb an hour. ( about 3.5 mb/hr)

There is an application called watchdog that apparently track application data usuage, though I have not tested in as I am on iPhone.

So by the looks of this your in the clear :D

1 GB = 1048576Kb

Gunk
11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Hey Gunk, here's a little info on 'Data Usage'. (There's other links by JustG and such but in work atm :p)

So by the looks of this your in the clear :D

1 GB = 1048576Kb

Wow thank you so much that was very helpful im thinking about getting an s2 or the new g-note but i hear lots of 2 core phones have freeze problems with PL will they fix that in say a months time? since dual cores have been out for quite a while now. So i guess 1GB of data should technically hold me roughly 6-8 hours of playing a day for an entire 30 days thats really good considering i use wifi most of the time? Its good Devs kept the push that low and thanks again for the answer.

Deathpunch
11-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Wow thank you so much that was very helpful im thinking about getting an s2 or the new g-note but i hear lots of 2 core phones have freeze problems with PL will they fix that in say a months time? since dual cores have been out for quite a while now. So i guess 1GB of data should technically hold me roughly 6-8 hours of playing a day for an entire 30 days thats really good considering i use wifi most of the time? Its good Devs kept the push that low and thanks again for the answer.

The only dual core phones I heard having issues is the galaxy s2. It has nothing to do with the processors, though, its a sound driver issue on samsungs side. They have issues with more than a couple apps because of their janky sound drivers. I suggest a HTC device, but then again, I r biased. :) I <3 HTC.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

BodMaster
11-18-2011, 01:19 PM
Your very welcome buddy :)

Seems some people in xda site had created a few work arounds for this atm, just disables/turns off one of the cores.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42150-Workaround-for-guys-with-Samsung-Galaxy-SII-and-game-freezes

I suggest a HTC device, but then again, I r biased. :) I <3 HTC.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

<3 HTC <3

Though I hear S2 is Beast! Out powered Amaze :O

Lorddeathz
11-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Thts why u get a phone plan with unlimited web I suggest spring or verizon maybe even low non contract companys

Lorddeathz
11-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Yea I have the galaxy s2 its beast u nvr lag man everything looks so.real I love this phn.. 1.9gig internal mem. 16G usb storage and can hold up to 32G on the SD card. I suggest this phone to all and get sprint with it.

Deathpunch
11-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Thts why u get a phone plan with unlimited web I suggest spring or verizon maybe even low non contract companys

You won't be getting unlimited data on Verizon, and I would bet that its in its final days on sprint, too. Sprint has killed unlimited data plans on everything except smartphones.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Gunk
11-18-2011, 10:51 PM
The only dual core phones I heard having issues is the galaxy s2. It has nothing to do with the processors, though, its a sound driver issue on samsungs side. They have issues with more than a couple apps because of their janky sound drivers. I suggest a HTC device, but then again, I r biased. :) I <3 HTC.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

IM not very biased when it comes to phones and i would get the best out there as long as it gives me what i need and can play PL lol except moto's i dont like them for some reason.Had my eye on the galaxy note for a few weeks now and im seriously thinking of getting it with a 1-2GB a month plan do u think this phone will work and its only s2 that doesnt work? or is it more samsung phones that dont work?

Gunk
11-19-2011, 06:25 AM
mk its roughly 9.4mb per hour thru a wifi connection. for PL ONLY

nmyxspaceship
12-01-2011, 09:23 PM
Yeah no need to worry if you play on wifi, it will not take up any of your usage. Watch dog is a great app as mentioned about and reliable.

darkmattakidd
02-23-2012, 04:09 PM
non as long as long as ur on wi-fi but i get 2g OF DATA A MONTH AND THIS MONTHS ALMOST OVER IVE USED 1.3 G OF DATA BUT THEN AGAIN I WAS USING MY 4G ALL THE TIME

mrcharly
03-01-2012, 09:12 AM
1Gb of data is a ton. You really won't need that for a bit of email and facebook updates.

I'm using 100Mb at the moment. I use the mobile data during 6hours of commuting by bus per week, reading the news, facebook and email. I'm using about 25Mb per week.

My phone is a dual-core - HTC Sensation XE. It has no problems with playing PL.