PDA

View Full Version : How much does PL consume on 3G data plans?

Gunk
11-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Im getting a new phone finally and its gonna be android and i was just wondering how much does PL consume per hour on 3G data plans? My plan's gonna be roughly 1-2GB per month so will i able able to play freely on PL?

RedRyder
11-18-2011, 07:53 AM
I want to know too. I'm not home a lot, so since mt fangs release I've been playing outside A LOT. I'm afraid to look at the monthly bill :( I don't think it consumes much though. For me, that only thing that's significantly eaten my data was YouTube vids. I've never had an issue with PL, so I think you can play pretty freely

KTpantyhose
11-18-2011, 07:55 AM
My phone won't let me play through my phones internet data plan it will only let me play with wifi. haha. I'm sure if you had unlimited you'd be fine. .. but i assume it will eat it up.. so connect your phone to wifi.

Gunk
11-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Theres no unlimited where i live but i hear from some other posts that a 2GB plan (which costs $60 a month i know super overpriced) of playing thru gprs/edge networks which work with pretty stable ping only eats up 7-10 mb an hour which is roughly 7-8 hours of playing for a 30 day period which is more than enuf since if i did use it out it wudnt be for more than 3-5 hours a day since im usually on wifi with places at home or close to home. So i think my best bet wud be getting a new phone and just having a 1GB data plan with it for a decent 3 hours of 3G playing a day. ($39/monthly)

vaffunculo
11-18-2011, 08:34 AM
I have a 5gb plan that is unlimited but throttled after 5gb.. I use up 5gb about twenty two days into the month...I play at least four or five hours a day..that's including updates to android system and apps.

AbsolutePally
11-18-2011, 08:35 AM
I play a lot!!! I mean everyday for hours throughout the month weekdays thru weekends.
I have a 5 gb plan w mifi (verizon 4g lte)
The most ive ever used was 4 gbs. And that was during nuris farming, crafting, and hosting the ctf tournie.
Dependinig on how dedicated you are 2 should be plenty.

Gunk
11-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Im not going to be that dedicated to my 3G PL'ing since i mostly play on wifi anyway at home. But i heard in a post that on 3G/edge/gprs speeds its roughly 4-5mb an hour which means on a 1GB plan i can play technically 6-7 hours a day for 30 days. And this was from devs and senior members so i think vaffunculo the 5GB ur using gets eaten up by lots of other things and not really from PL. I think 2GB is PLENTY, 1gb of pl and 1gb of random webbrowsing and email pushing. Thanks for input guys. and @absolutepally im pretty sure 4G speeds take up more than 3G correct me if im wrong.

Gunk
11-18-2011, 10:47 PM
ok so i took a test on my wifi connecion to see how much traffic there was when i played PL and on my wifi connection i had an average of 160KB/min while just walking thru a dungeon with 3 other people. which is an average of 2.5kb/s which im told to belive should be less and more on the line of 1-2kb/s. But this was over a wifi connection and possibly some other stuff could of been running etc. plus am told grps/edge/3g uses less data.

Gunk
11-19-2011, 06:26 AM
ok every hour its roughly 9.4MB on a wifi connection. PL ONLY RUNNING