PDA

View Full Version : I saw this in youtube and i think it is something to think about

Azerothraven
08-21-2018, 01:22 AM
I dont particular agree with everything said but I feel there is some truth I would like STS to consider.
Please no hate and contains strong language so dont read if you are underage.

This was in response to this week's weekly event.

Susanne
08-21-2018, 02:26 AM
I was chatting to someone last night and we were bemoaning the fact that 'fings ain't what they used to be'. In other words, we were looking back at our journey through the years of playing AL. Afterwards, I reflected and came to the conclusion that we have been spoiled. I have said this time and time again..Arcane Legends is the best mobile online game. When I first downloaded this game it was fairly new and there wasn't as many players back then, so everyone was practically new. Nobody was called noob or worse, nab. The term for recent players was newbie. Of course we all helped each other because we were all in the same boat and the developers were most likely excited too. The game progressed beautifully, the storyline, the graphics and not forgetting the social aspect. No other online game matched it and in my opinion that is still the case today. My point is this, we have had it too good. People moaned the maps were too short, we were given longer maps. People moan the maps are too long and boring (I am guilty of this) but what do we want? Everything we get we moan about. The events are too long..too short, the vanities aren't as nice as they used to be, the pets aren't flying through the air with me riding on it's back..blah blah blah. PvP isn't as good so the developers made a game especially for PvP and that's not good enough. Admit it..we are spoiled. If the game is so bad, why are a lot of us still playing it after all these years and asking for plat sales..hmmm? Yes some aspects need addressing, which brings me to my needs. Ahem.."clears throat". Can we please have a girly face for mages?

Azerothraven
08-21-2018, 02:40 AM
I was chatting to someone last night and we were bemoaning the fact that 'fings ain't what they used to be'. In other words, we were looking back at our journey through the years of playing AL. Afterwards, I reflected and came to the conclusion that we have been spoiled. I have said this time and time again..Arcane Legends is the best mobile online game. When I first downloaded this game it was fairly new and there wasn't as many players back then, so everyone was practically new. Nobody was called noob or worse, nab. The term for recent players was newbie. Of course we all helped each other because we were all in the same boat and the developers were most likely excited too. The game progressed beautifully, the storyline, the graphics and not forgetting the social aspect. No other online game matched it and in my opinion that is still the case today. My point is this, we have had it too good. People moaned the maps were too short, we were given longer maps. People moan the maps are too long and boring (I am guilty of this) but what do we want? Everything we get we moan about. The events are too long..too short, the vanities aren't as nice as they used to be, the pets aren't flying through the air with me riding on it's back..blah blah blah. PvP isn't as good so the developers made a game especially for PvP and that's not good enough. Admit it..we are spoiled. If the game is so bad, why are a lot of us still playing it after all these years and asking for plat sales..hmmm? Yes some aspects need addressing, which brings me to my needs. Ahem.."clears throat". Can we please have a girly face for mages?

I agree with you. AL is undoubtedly the best game I ever played but it is because of the things it used to be.. (not the best in current state it is now). That is where the complaint, moaning and salt lies.
I agree we have been spoilt but that is how life works. People always want better stuff and when it is not given, we get frustrated and blame devs for not coming up with more innovative ideas... but this is how life is for everything.

Last season I made over 200m farming and this season not even 5m. Mausoleum was great but festerfang is meh atm. 71 Raids provide good gold but boring to farm.

I see very little communication now and I am still furious for recolour Lb banner for Ursoth 2018. I love running this event for banner every year but I had from last year so I did not want to run. I am aware sts made timekeeper but side by side comparison to medusa, frank, yeti or ice golem/ spirit... it is a joke. I remember at the start of the year being sooo excited and hyped and sts was sooo good and it was soo fun but now it is not the same. Ahem.."clears throat". Can sts please make a time machine so I can go back when I saw this thread https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?415500-2018-Letter-to-the-Community

EDIT: Please note I say these not out of hate or salt but my passion for AL and it's continued success.

Susanne
08-21-2018, 03:14 AM
I agree with you. AL is undoubtedly the best game I ever played but it is because of the things it used to be.. (not the best in current state it is now). That is where the complaint, moaning and salt lies.
I agree we have been spoilt but that is how life works. People always want better stuff and when it is not given, we get frustrated and blame devs for not coming up with more innovative ideas... but this is how life is for everything.

Last season I made over 200m farming and this season not even 5m. Mausoleum was great but festerfang is meh atm. 71 Raids provide good gold but boring to farm.

I see very little communication now and I am still furious for recolour Lb banner for Ursoth 2018. I love running this event for banner every year but I had from last year so I did not want to run. I am aware sts made timekeeper but side by side comparison to medusa, frank, yeti or ice golem/ spirit... it is a joke. I remember at the start of the year being sooo excited and hyped and sts was sooo good and it was soo fun but now it is not the same. Ahem.."clears throat". Can sts please make a time machine so I can go back when I saw this thread https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?415500-2018-Letter-to-the-Community

EDIT: Please note I say these not out of hate or salt but my passion for AL and it's continued success.
I looked at the thread, touche. I can understand why you're disappointed. I don't go for leaderboards you see. Wow, you made a stack of gold there. I don't have an iota of that amount but I'm not fussed, as long as I have enough to keep going. The game changing isn't all down to the developers by the way. Some players are causing the demise, for instance, scammers, bots and predators aka as stalkers. I was in a random party yesterday we were doing ok but because we weren't pulling fast enough or one or two didn't have "op gear"..one left. Their parting shot? Nab party. We carried on and successfully finished. If I'm in a party with someone who is a lower level than me I stay. People need motivation to carry on..I really dislike name callers and bigheads. Also, some players are too impatient with people who ask for advice. Some are downright mean and that is something that wasn't around a few years back. I'm not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, it seems to be rife nowadays. In conclusion, we can't put all the blame on the developers if we are dissatisfied. I'm still in shock that you managed to make all that gold and still want more to be honest. Do you play AL just to make gold? If the answer is yes then good for you. We all play for different reasons. Mine is likened to reading a book and I wait patiently for the next chapter. 🙂

Azerothraven
08-21-2018, 04:11 AM
I don’t really play random parties because it is frustrating and I like to use my time productively.

There are few players I used to play with who spent like 100m- 300m on op gears and we farmed hardcore which was a lot of fun; It’s just fun playing with op people who I like and know well and trust. The gold was just a bonus. When I say I didn’t even make 5m, my emphasis was on that it’s not as fun as it used to be. Not the amount of gold :)

But I agree devs should not be held responsible for everything. Others do have a role in current state of al

PostNoob
08-21-2018, 04:13 AM
To me, i cannot say there isnt things to do in AL. I can also say that things have/had been predictable for a while.

Gouiwaa9000
08-21-2018, 04:44 AM
To me, i cannot say there isnt things to do in AL. I can also say that things have/had been predictable for a while.

The problem is not that theres " nothing to do " but rather what its for ..
Farm for ages > Hit cap > Farm gold > Buy gold loot > farm more gold > get gear to Farm even more gold faster > ??????

Events are fun and all but all the gear and items we get ( even from lb ) just make it easier to farm more gold or look cool . In short the goal of farming is to farm even more -_-
Timed runs are unreliable since you can put hundreds of hours into it only for new gear to be released ... or someone with a fat wallet and 800% speed decides to run the map .

Before the pay-off from all that time wasted farming and upgrading your gear came in the form of pvp , atleast for me . Its been about 2 years since i last joined a legit random clash .

Yeh
08-21-2018, 05:54 AM
The problem is not that theres " nothing to do " but rather what its for ..
Farm for ages > Hit cap > Farm gold > Buy gold loot > farm more gold > get gear to Farm even more gold faster > ??????

Events are fun and all but all the gear and items we get ( even from lb ) just make it easier to farm more gold or look cool . In short the goal of farming is to farm even more -_-
Timed runs are unreliable since you can put hundreds of hours into it only for new gear to be released ... or someone with a fat wallet and 800% speed decides to run the map .

Before the pay-off from all that time wasted farming and upgrading your gear came in the form of pvp , atleast for me . Its been about 2 years since i last joined a legit random clash .
Yeah pvp was really fun.. too bad a few small groups ruined that for all. blocking, ganging, etc...

Spheresome
08-21-2018, 08:24 AM
Its obviously not that the sts devs aren't trying, I think we can all agree on that, however after having a talk with Cinco A little I tend to agree with George in a few of his statements. I think teh Devs are a afraid to change there events, especially after some of the disastrous events such as Marvelous Arlorians. In dev's words "why change something that is already good". I think they truly are afraid of changing the style of events in fear of making a terrible event like the marvelous. And that also brings me to the problem with out community. Once the Marvelous event had failed, sts was completely and utterly slandered by everone on the forums, which to any game developer would likely be completely discouraging and prevent potentially the ideas of new events. We should all be a little nicer as to how we criticize the devs on the forums (create a list of the good things an event as to offer as opposed to eagle eyeing only the bad).

Dear Sts, if you have new events, bring em on! Im all for anything new i dont care how bad or how good they are~ And All criticisms i give from this point foward I swear will be in a calm respectful demeanor~

Suentous PO
08-21-2018, 08:50 AM
Zero constructive feedback = waste of breath.
Honestly what are you accomplishing by reposting "plate of $#!t" gimme a break.

Azerothraven
08-21-2018, 09:02 AM
Zero constructive feedback = waste of breath.
Honestly what are you accomplishing by reposting "plate of $#!t" gimme a break.

We don’t always have to give constructive feedback to help Sts. It’s hate speech and swearing ( with intention to bully ) that I don’t like. I think it’s a good idea to show Sts different perspectives and concerns as it allows them to understand their customers better.

My perspective on...
“Why change something that’s already good? “ ask call of duty, 10 years ago they made leveling and unlocking better weapons and revolutioned first person shooter and kept doing it and now they are dying because there is nothing innovative or experimental. The things they experimented with were not liked and they kept doing it anyway so now their fans moved on e.g me.

Sts needs to learn from their unpopular events e.g. marvelous so they can strive for better. I say yes to trying new things even if I hate it at least I will have experienced something new.

I remember first time they brought occupy windmore event it was a blast.
I remember first time egg Xavier event came. I abused the hell out of it and played 20 hours a day for 4 days until Sts stop the event.
I remember how creative lepre banner event was. Anyone else remember how creative this event was?

Where are these days?

Justg
08-21-2018, 09:45 AM
6 years is a looong time for a mobile game to operate. 8 years for PL is even longer. SL and DL are getting frequent updates now as well.

We're glad that some of you are still enjoying the games.