PDA

View Full Version : Can we possibly resolve this?

Buchmeister
08-21-2018, 01:58 PM
So I'm really kind of tired of L1s chucking barrels at me and getting an instant kill, is there any way a dodge mechanic could be implemented (not a level-up skill but a default button with a cooldown) to counter-act the barrels because it takes absolutely no skill to pull off?

DanielRH
08-21-2018, 02:09 PM
While I love the concept of the barrel in that it's a field leveler between the tiers, I agree that it's a tad too overpowered at this point. I don't think reducing barrel damage is the answer either, and I certainly wouldn't want barrel avoidance to be automatic.

I like the idea of a dodge button with a cool down... perhaps a new skill reducing the cool-down period might be interesting as well...

A skillful player paying attention should be able to avoid a barrel or two with some effort.

ImRandy
08-21-2018, 06:52 PM
Seriously ... it takes like 5 minutes to get back to level 16 (and some plat to get your build back).
If you remove or nerf barrels in any way (to remove the instant kill) the game is boring.
Have you noticed how boring a game is when a max level player or team has locked a map.

Barrels are the game .. MORE BARRELS PLZ!!

Buchmeister
08-21-2018, 10:32 PM
Seriously ... it takes like 5 minutes to get back to level 16 (and some plat to get your build back).
If you remove or nerf barrels in any way (to remove the instant kill) the game is boring.
Have you noticed how boring a game is when a max level player or team has locked a map.

Barrels are the game .. MORE BARRELS PLZ!!

I'm not saying we remove barrels, I just want there to be a way to counteract barrel-throwers because that's what half of the players do now. The barrel shouldn't be the end-all solution to take down a high leveled player. It's like being able to pick up barrels in PL and throw them during FFA, an instant kill as easy as that shouldn't be a thing without a way to fight it.

ImRandy
08-22-2018, 09:37 AM
The hardest thing to do in the game is throw and light barrel at a moving target.
IMO if you even nerf the barrels to much you run a huge risk of the “infinity” game ... there are no timers/kill limits/gold caps that I know of ... and that would be game design failure.

Buchmeister
08-22-2018, 09:46 AM
The hardest thing to do in the game is throw and light barrel at a moving target.
IMO if you even nerf the barrels to much you run a huge risk of the “infinity” game ... there are no timers/kill limits/gold caps that I know of ... and that would be game design failure.

Well A) Not really since I've been killed at first place plenty of times by things other than barrels and B) I'm not suggestion we nerf them either, my idea is that we add a dodge mechanic with a cooldown so as to not completely make the barrels irrelevant.