PDA

View Full Version : Preview - "The Skeleton Shrine" Group PVE Event! New DEATHKNIGHT Set!

Cinco
08-22-2018, 04:13 PM
The Skeletons are in retreat!
The Skeleton Shrine
Myxx the Mad Mage has sent her army home to the underworld... to rest and recover in preparation for a renewed assault on Alterra.
Little does she know that our realm's Legendary heroes are hot on their heels, ready to stomp their bony faces into the ash!

Event Timing
The fun begins at 12am on Friday the 24th and runs 'til 11:59pm on Sunday the 26th.
Winners have 48hrs immediately following the event to get the vanities, Enchantment discounts and gold loot.

Host / Join Support
You'll be able to host a single-player or multi-player instance of the "Skeleton Shrine" directly!
Content is balanced for 4 players in 'multi' (like 'Shimmering Shores') and for 1 player in 'single' (like original 'Mad Mage's Castle').

Group PVE / Personal Score Event
This PVE event is a personal score event with full support for groups (like 'Shores')!
All players in the event zone will get score credit for monsters killed within standard loot / experience range.

Victory Tiers
Collect 25k points to unlock Bronze Tier. Get 75k points for Silver. 100k for Gold Tier.
All Winners get access to all pieces of the new "Deathknight" vanity set!
Each tier gets different discounts on Enchantments and different gold-farming zones.

Myxx Loot
This time around, Myxx has a chance to drop Amulets and three new vanity weapons:
- The Black Gold Bow
- The Golden Cobra Staff
- The White Lightning Sword
(all other Myxx loot has been removed)

Good luck to everyone!

Trajectory
08-22-2018, 04:14 PM
Wow it looks Good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jilsponie
08-22-2018, 04:20 PM
Sounds like fun, although the 100k for gold tier sounds really high compared to the 35k of past events, unless we will be having a different scoring system with more bosses or higher points awarded for kills.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Islamiyah24
08-22-2018, 04:30 PM
Looks like cool! Exciting :)

samuel_bonas
08-22-2018, 04:36 PM
Yeah boss I think you skipped alot of levels . I think you should take it slow. You know instead of 100k, how about 50k?

Draebatad
08-22-2018, 04:37 PM
Looks like a very fun event, can't wait! Thanks for this one.

3pc
08-22-2018, 04:40 PM
Dang thats one crazy event idk about 100k tho.. thats pretty fat but man these vanitys keep getting better and better thanks cinco we like new stufff not recycled items.

Bats
08-22-2018, 04:58 PM
Dang thats one crazy event idk about 100k tho.. thats pretty fat but man these vanitys keep getting better and better thanks cinco we like new stufff not recycled items.

The graphics of the "Deathknight" vanity look pretty strange compared to the other bright and well-made vanities.

There's also one thing missing: How much each enemy kill is worth!

Fwend
08-22-2018, 05:15 PM
How exciting, the new map looks like it could be in Blacksmoke mountain?

The Deathknight set is so evil and cool looking. Love the purple glow added to the black.

Thank you for adjusting solo mode to make killing easier, and we all loved the team mode last event.

Thank you for including gold farming maps as a reward again.

The points system has increased 100k is a huge task for those busy casual players as well as difficult for those under level 85.

Can you please give us more details to the points system, how many points each skeleton and boss like last event?

Some are asking for amulets and weapons to be purchased from the event vendor.

Again a huge hug to Cinco and his team for working so hard giving us these events. We appreciate you.

XghostzX
08-22-2018, 05:16 PM
Looks cool, can't wait!

I like that Gold Tier is hard to hit, it should be -- otherwise there will be too much gold in circulation.

Mine AGK
08-22-2018, 05:29 PM
Yeah, 100k even on 2x the original points is ALOT. I have a football game ill be attending over the weekend in a different state. Wont have enough time to even do maybe even 50k. 35k points seems effecient enough and doesnt take up a whole weekend for people.

Yes, people need amulets and 2h weapons from the vendor. Would be nice ti be able to get another ammy for gold farming and even for pvp play style.

EpicFlash
08-22-2018, 05:42 PM
Looking great, thanks Cinco!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

faridhakim
08-22-2018, 05:44 PM
100k points sounds fair to me because those gold zone so sick

sabin.paulescu
08-22-2018, 05:46 PM
That Is really cool!!

Trimis de pe al meu SM-J530F folosind Tapatalk

Mine AGK
08-22-2018, 06:03 PM
In all honesty, i could see some people reaching 100k if pets were usable. I can also see a bunch of people giving up to get gold tier because of the amount of time that needs to be put in. Maybe 50k for gold tier? Might be a bit more attainable and bring a bigger turnout for people.

Xyzther
08-22-2018, 06:14 PM
Maybe make it 15, 25 and 35 again, but just take away the gold farming maps?

Jilsponie
08-22-2018, 06:14 PM
It really all depends on the scoring system, and mobs we have to kill. If we can get 500+ points per run, and runs are fast (2-3 minutes) it won't be that bad. But if it's like last event where we get 300 in 5+ minutes, I could see myself sitting this out completely.

I keep finding myself needing to decide if I should get the 1 time vanities on my main, or do the event with an alt that has better luck enchanting. Meaning no matter what, I'm not getting the full potential/experience the event has to offer.

Buchmeister
08-22-2018, 06:43 PM
The set looks REALLY cool but is there any way it could get a different effect? I think the glow doesn't really match the whole "death" theme besides the purple and it's really just an overused effect at this point. (Although it does look nice on some sets)

Fwend
08-22-2018, 07:07 PM

I like this suggestion very much.

Jensmage
08-22-2018, 07:22 PM

They should set it 1k,2.5k and 3.5k. Making it 15,25, and 35 will require work. We need gold farming for enchanting amulets.

Jensmage
08-22-2018, 07:26 PM
Maybe have vanity discount -50 plat/vanity with players reaching 100k pts.

Draebatad
08-22-2018, 07:31 PM
They should set it 1k,2.5k and 3.5k. Making it 15,25, and 35 will require work. We need gold farming for enchanting amulets.

1k, 2.5k, 3.5k? smh.

3pc
08-22-2018, 07:38 PM
I think the WL weapon should be revised to a REAL lightning bolt or something instead of that 5 headed lance thingy and add a lightning bow or something since there is now 2 black gold weapons and only one(being added) white lightning weapon. The community loves a varity of loot last event only 2 real things to farm which was fine and fun but gets a tad boring.

Jensmage
08-22-2018, 07:44 PM
1k, 2.5k, 3.5k? smh.

Was being sarcastic...smh
Because the amount of gold farming, the tiers should be left as is.

xxkilsxx
08-22-2018, 09:18 PM
Collage and school started for most of us 100k is a bit high unless points are changed differently. 100k is like 20-24hrs of play time?

Muzzling
08-22-2018, 11:41 PM
Looks cool, can't wait!

I like that Gold Tier is hard to hit, it should be -- otherwise there will be too much gold in circulation.

This is true but some people are busy and dont have time to grind the event religiously, thats including me. Birthday weekend so ill be doing family things

XghostzX
08-22-2018, 11:48 PM
This is true but some people are busy and dont have time to grind the event religiously, thats including me. Birthday weekend so ill be doing family things

That's the point, though. Gold tier should not be tailored to free-to-play customers who have busy weekends – it would require the purchasing of platinum to speed things up. This tactic is really quite simple and brilliant, in my opinion, and should be unchanged. I, for one, will definitely not be hitting 100k points. But all this ensures that: A) The hardcore grinders will achieve gold tier once again and 2) the players willing to spend plat will feel more enticed to purchase platinum. For games like PL to sustain, there can't be a level playing ground for both P2P and F2P players in terms of looting unique vanities or having access to different gold maps.

Jilsponie
08-23-2018, 12:11 AM
That's the point, though. Gold tier should not be tailored to free-to-play customers who have busy weekends – it would require the purchasing of platinum to speed things up. This tactic is really quite simple and brilliant, in my opinion, and should be unchanged. I, for one, will definitely not be hitting 100k points. But all this ensures that: A) The hardcore grinders will achieve gold tier once again and 2) the players willing to spend plat will feel more enticed to purchase platinum. For games like PL to sustain, there can't be a level playing ground for both P2P and F2P players in terms of looting unique vanities or having access to different gold maps.I spent a good bit of platinum the last mad mages castle. Because I knew for sure I was going to be able to sell the rare vanities I was farming for lots of gold, farmed primarily by, free to play players. There is also discounted enchantments that could also entice people to purchase platinum for those op armors, shields, and weapons. And tradable versions of the vanities for this event to further the incentive.

But we also haven't even seen the format of the event yet. If we can get roughly 10k points an hour without the use of platinum, that's still a 10 hour grind. Then grinding the gold, even for those that purchased platinum to achieve gold tier, takes time as well.

We should definitely wait to see how fast the points accumulate before making any suggestions about if they should stay this, or be lowered to that.

Faq
08-23-2018, 12:12 AM
That's the point, though. Gold tier should not be tailored to free-to-play customers who have busy weekends – it would require the purchasing of platinum to speed things up. This tactic is really quite simple and brilliant, in my opinion, and should be unchanged. I, for one, will definitely not be hitting 100k points. But all this ensures that: A) The hardcore grinders will achieve gold tier once again and 2) the players willing to spend plat will feel more enticed to purchase platinum. For games like PL to sustain, there can't be a level playing ground for both P2P and F2P players in terms of looting unique vanities or having access to different gold maps.

But there is a balance between catering to P2p and F2P players. In order to have a healthy player base and economy you need both. However the F2P player base will decline if these events are catered solely to those who pay to win, as this one most appears to be. I, and a good deal of my friends I have talked to in game, will not be participating in this event because of the insane point threshold.

I understand the need for exclusivity for gold tier. But that exclusivity comes at the cost of possibly alienating the largest portion of the pl community, the F2P players. I think that the 35k point threshold along with the myxx elixir was the perfect combination. Everyone had a chance to hit gold tier, and plat spenders had a exponentially higher chance of dropping the rare vanities. I do admit that if the points per hour is much higher, than I will be more inclined to participate. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Just my 2 cents though.

Draebatad
08-23-2018, 12:13 AM
In any case, Cinco always checks the velocity on the first day and makes adjustments if he deems it necessary.

Mine AGK
08-23-2018, 12:20 AM
In any case, Cinco always checks the velocity on the first day and makes adjustments if he deems it necessary.

I think it would be more enticing if we werent just getting weapons. Tbh id much rather see full lootable sets + 1 or 2 weapons to go with our current sets.

Also have a suggestion for the next Whight lightning weapon to be a reskin of the bonzo axe to match white lightning with a white axe head and bkue handle. Instead of purple smoke, surround the whole axe head in a ball of lightning.

Idevour
08-23-2018, 12:45 AM
I think it would be more enticing if we werent just getting weapons. Tbh id much rather see full lootable sets + 1 or 2 weapons to go with our current sets.

Also have a suggestion for the next Whight lightning weapon to be a reskin of the bonzo axe to match white lightning with a white axe head and bkue handle. Instead of purple smoke, surround the whole axe head in a ball of lightning.

That weapon sounds like it could be very cool, i would like to see it happen

bglir
08-23-2018, 01:05 AM
The Death Night Vanity look so Evil, very well design.

Hope this time around the Myxx Loot vanity weapon's drop has rate has been increased since it won't return next event, it's frustrating spending abit amount of plat and never get lucky with any drop.

burntoutdex
08-23-2018, 01:40 AM
I think 100k for gold-tier is fine. There needs to be a genuine reward for people who are willing to sit down and grind.

Vlogs
08-23-2018, 01:57 AM
The Skeleton Shrine
Myxx the Mad Mage has sent her army home to the underworld... to rest and recover in preparation for a renewed assault on Alterra.
Little does she know that our realm's Legendary heroes are hot on their heels, ready to stomp their bony faces into the ash!

Event Timing
The fun begins at 12am on Friday the 24th and runs 'til 11:59pm on Sunday the 26th.
Winners have 48hrs immediately following the event to get the vanities, Enchantment discounts and gold loot.

Host / Join Support
You'll be able to host a single-player or multi-player instance of the "Skeleton Shrine" directly!
Content is balanced for 4 players in 'multi' (like 'Shimmering Shores') and for 1 player in 'single' (like original 'Mad Mage's Castle').

This PVE event is a personal score event with full support for groups (like 'Shores')!
All players in the event zone will get score credit for monsters killed within standard loot / experience range.

Victory Tiers
Collect 25k points to unlock Bronze Tier. Get 75k points for Silver. 100k for Gold Tier.
Winners get access to the new "Deathknight" vanity set, discounted Enchantments and gold-farming zones!

Myxx Loot
This time around, Myxx has a chance to drop Amulets and three new vanity weapons:
- The Black Gold Bow
- The Golden Cobra Staff

Good luck to everyone!

Just a suggestion, I think it would be better if the “Death Knight Vanity Set” has a skull effect for example like the (mimi ring). I think the color effect (dark purple) is fine but maybe just add skulls on the color effect because it would resemble a real like death knight.

Vlogs
08-23-2018, 02:00 AM
Btw, I forgot I have a question! Can we use lower level toons for this event or is there a specific level requirement to enter this event?

miach
08-23-2018, 02:17 AM
Can't wait for this event. 100k is going to be a challegenge but I'm up for it!

Fwend
08-23-2018, 02:54 AM
Btw, I forgot I have a question! Can we use lower level toons for this event or is there a specific level requirement to enter this event?

Yes you can, the pve events are inclusive to all levels.

If you chose a lower level it might be easier to use the solo option. Cinco kindly scaled this option to be like farming the mad mage's castle.

Choosing the group option it is scaled to 4 party members , difficulty level similar to the shimmering shores event.

Unless you are lucky to join a group of kind higher levels that welcome you to join them, or host a locked map of your own with you having the highest level character in the party.

x-fun
08-23-2018, 05:28 AM
Thought after each event we fix the issues to make the next one better. Points got double to reduce time, solo mode got balanced for players who want it, points were awarded to all players in the area to make multi better, myxx elixir was added a while ago with demand, loot has been refreshed with demand and all has been going well so why did we feel the need to change the tresholds this time?when they have been working fine all this time and the amounts are just way too high in my opinion. I believe what Cinco always said is 'i want as many winners as possible' so with people having things to do and schools starting for some it just feels like an inconvenient and very unneeded change. To give you an idea about the time it would take i will use the data from the last group event. We organized guild runs with myxx elixir and stocked dmg+combo elixirs, remaking as soon as bosses are down to save most amount of time possible and even like that it took around 2mins for 350-400 points and if we use the 2mins for 350points as the base it would take solid 10 hours of efficient plat farming for 105k points. When you start reducing the plat spending, removing guild members and replacing them with randoms, and reducing combo amounts the time required keeps climbing.

In short i believe most issues of previous events if not all have been solved and the point change is unnecessary and limits are too high for what we aim with these cool little events.

burntoutdex
08-23-2018, 07:05 AM
Not everyone should reach gold-tier easily. It's how it should have been from the start IMO.

Fwend
08-23-2018, 08:17 AM
Cinco can we please have clarification on the vendor rewards for the new Deathknight set?

Which tier will give us access to each piece of this new vanity?

For example , Bronze tier for the helm, armor and shield. Silver tier for the weapon?

Its for the players that are time limited this weekend and can plan and try to reach the tier that is required for the purchase of the entire set.

Cinco
08-23-2018, 08:48 AM
All winners get access to all pieces of the new "Deathknight" set. Updated OP with info. Thanks!

Fwend
08-23-2018, 09:07 AM
All winners get access to all pieces of the new "Deathknight" set. Updated OP with info. Thanks!

Much appreciated thank you, its reassuring to know that bronze tier of 25k points gives us access to the entire Deathknight set.

Duckypowerz
08-23-2018, 09:53 PM
It’s a pain to reach these high amounts of points considering some people like me have work and now school starting up again there’s hardly any time to reach these goals but meh

Absolize
08-24-2018, 10:23 AM
I think the points should be lowered to the previous event bracket of points.

MATTHIEU
08-25-2018, 07:11 AM
The Skeleton Shrine

Event Timing

Host / Join Support

Victory Tiers
All Winners get access to all pieces of the new "Deathknight" vanity set!
Each tier gets different discounts on Enchantments and different gold-farming zones.

Myxx Loot
- The Black Gold Bow
- The Golden Cobra Staff

Good luck to everyone!Is the vanity set tradable???

Sent from my SM-G5700 using Tapatalk

Fwend
08-26-2018, 12:20 PM
Is the vanity set tradable???

It has been the same for the previous six events on game now.

The vanity items are a reward from the vendor. Reaching the required tier for points now, gives you access to purchase the vanity.

There is always two options to purchase the vanity:

1. Gold purchased vanity - character bound.
This means the vanity is stuck on the character that reached the required tier for points. You can not stash nor trade the vanity.

2. Platnium purchased - trade friendly.
This mean you have the ability to stash and trade the vanity.

MATTHIEU
08-26-2018, 06:20 PM
Sounds like fun, although the 100k for gold tier sounds really high compared to the 35k of past events, unless we will be having a different scoring system with more bosses or higher points awarded for kills.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalknope its litterally the same... this is just an waist of our time...

Darkterror
08-30-2018, 11:16 AM
Dear Cinco

Please fix the Deathkight vanity set to be a 3 piece set. Please Please :02.47-tranquillity:

Kuidaore
10-27-2018, 07:47 AM
BOSS come back to pl i miss u! :c