PDA

View Full Version : Aculeas End Game hosting Tutorial: SY2 and SY5

Aculeas
11-18-2011, 02:33 PM
A. Starting a new game:

1. log onto your account and select "sector map" select "shipyard".
- You might want to "farm" (the repeated running of a map for a certain goal or objective) experience.

> For this purpose you'll select shipyards biosphere level 2 map.
- If you want to farm for items that are worth some credits or you need new gear (armor) for your toon, you are going to select Reactor core also known as SY5 (shipyard level 5)

**Each run has a clean cut purpose. Biosphere for experience. Reactor Core for Gear**

B. How to host on biosphere:

1. After you open your game use the command "/g xp run up"
- Do not be alarmed or become discouraged if every guild member online or even no guild members online show up.

> If that happens invite some players from your friends list. The entire run does not have to be guild specific.

> Your runs will go optimally if you allow everyone to join.

2. The join game system runs on alphabetical order A at the top Z at the bottom it can also be switched to filter games by the level with the higher levels at the top and the lower levels at the bottom.

3. If your IGN starts with a letter that's close at the bottom of the alphabet is likely that people will join other games before they even see yours on the list of games.
- If this is the case i strongly suggest you join someone else's run unless you have friends or guild members you know will join you.

C. If you fail to create a successful biosphere run:

1. Use the join game feature and search "biosphere" now only biosphere runs will appear on your list of games.
- Biosphere runs are not hard to find and you should usually be able to join random games at any point in the day.

2. You'll make tons of friends on biosphere. Particularily by joining runs in progress.
- Use the command "/h" this is used to let you know who is hosting the run you have joined.
- Kindly ask them if they are doing "rmks" (the recreation of a map) and ask if it would be alright if you can join.

> Usually it's fine but if its not not find another run; they are plentiful.
- When you get in on a good run add everyone you're running with they will be good friends in the future for when you want to run boss.

> It's always good to have friends outside the guild.

NOTE: Farming experience on shipyard is straight forward you need no specific class or group structure to be successful on biosphere.
- The only goal is to kill all the enemies and harvest the experience.
- Typically you skip the end boss "Von Uber" most people will leave the run you are hosting if you want to kill Von Uber.

People want experience and they want it fast V.U. slows them down.

**I personally advise skipping V.U. for this reason and he has garbage drops. Anything he drops can be found for cheap in the auction hall on the UCS Blackstar.**

D. Repeat Runs with a team:

1. Consistency is gold (try to stick with the same team members for similar style runs)
- If the host of the current run drops (logs off or leaves the run for whatever reason), take the initiative and let your new friends know that you are taking over the remakes.

> They will typically follow you or send you a friend request be sure to accept so that they can join you on your next run.

2. Do not boot your friends. Give preference to guildies over strangers.

3. Kill them all; skip Von Uber; repeat and enjoy.

E. How to Host on Shipyard Reactor core:

1. This is a little more difficult as the composition of your teams structure will highly effect the probability of a successful and death free run.

2. To start your game go to your sector map select "shipyard" then select "create game" and select "shipyard reactor core deck".

F. Preferred Reactor Core Team:

**This is the formula I use and I haven't had a failed run yet, unless I couldn't assemble the necessary group build; In which case i scrapped the run altogether.**

3 operatives

1 engineer

1 commando

1. Once you have your team assembled you may begin your run.
- I typically lock my game with a password (i don't like to boot random people i don't need.) and invite friends from my friends list i know like to do boss runs.
- If you ran biosphere properly you should have more then enough friends to help you out at this point on top of your guild members.

2. Once the run starts continue through the map until you reach the end boss.

3. You have one commando there for a reason and that's to keep the mysterious figure from destroying your group while you take out the mob spawns.

4.Every member of your team other than the commando should focus on killing the enemy spawn until they no longer spawn then turn your focus to the mysterious figure.

5.The engineer is there to heal and revive a necessity on any given run.

IMPORTANT: if you see any of the enemy run towards the console and attempt to hack it you have to push them away from it or the barrels will explode. If all the barrels explode everyone will die and you have failed the map. **If you have 3 operatives this should never be a problem.**

I hope this information is useful. If you have any questions or additional suggestions let me know and I will edit my post accordingly. TY kahlua for the format

BodMaster
11-18-2011, 02:43 PM
+1 Great guide, only thing that all successful guides need is to add some format buddy, Bold/Underline Headings etc :D (Remove words like crap and such to be moved to Players Guides :p)

The content itself is great though, alot of helpful info, covering nearly every aspect needed to run SY2, SY5 games :)

Here's why you couldn't add it to players guide :) (When you PM, you may want to ask them to remove the Dev msg part)

This section is flagged as reply only. Users may not post new threads here.

If you have a Guide you would like to post, please post it in the General Discussion forum and send a Private Message to Samhayne and request that your Guide post be moved to this section.

This is done to prevent "spam" or other non-Guide worthy posts from showing in this forum.

Have fun!

Lady_Pebbles
11-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Nice guide and I completely agree with Bod on the formating advice. :)

Slant
11-18-2011, 03:59 PM
Cool guide, thx for the boss runs lol :P
but von uber drops recipes sometimes... best way to get him is to farm done biosphere runs where people have run through killing all creeps, all you have to do is join nearly done biosphere runs, rush to von uber and kill him lol

javier995
11-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Nice! As Bod said, titles bold etc. would be great! I'll bold and put them and sense it to you in a pm, sound good? :)

Aculeas
11-20-2011, 02:12 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the help buddy.

javier995
11-20-2011, 02:16 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the help buddy.

No problem! I'll get right on it!

Teddyache
11-22-2011, 07:27 AM
Nice job. I just hit 36 yesterday after about 1,000 SY2 and 100 SY5 runs, so was going to post something similar but you beat me to it! Instead, I'll post a new thread about how to maximize XP/minute in SY2 runs. I'm sure there will be disagreement so curious to see the replies.

BodMaster
11-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Cough**Format**Cough ;)

Kahlua
11-26-2011, 12:24 PM
lalala.

This set-up should work pretty well for you, sir :)

A. Starting a new game:

- You might want to "farm" (the repeated running of a map for a certain goal or objective) experience.

- If you want to farm for items that are worth some credits or you need new gear (armor) for your toon, you are going to select Reactor core also known as SY5 (shipyard level 5)

**Each run has a clean cut purpose. Biosphere for experience. Reactor Core for Gear**

- Do not be alarmed or become discouraged if every guild member online or even no guild members online show up.

> If that happens invite some players from your friends list. The entire run does not have to be guild specific.

2. The join game system runs on alphabetical order A at the top Z at the bottom it can also be switched to filter games by the level with the higher levels at the top and the lower levels at the bottom.

3. If your IGN starts with a letter that's close at the bottom of the alphabet is likely that people will join other games before they even see yours on the list of games.
- If this is the case i strongly suggest you join someone else's run unless you have friends or guild members you know will join you.

1. Use the join game feature and search "biosphere" now only biosphere runs will appear on your list of games.
- Biosphere runs are not hard to find and you should usually be able to join random games at any point in the day.

2. You'll make tons of friends on biosphere. Particularily by joining runs in progress.
- Use the command "/h" this is used to let you know who is hosting the run you have joined.
- Kindly ask them if they are doing "rmks" (the recreation of a map) and ask if it would be alright if you can join.

- When you get in on a good run add everyone you're running with they will be good friends in the future for when you want to run boss.

NOTE: Farming experience on shipyard is straight forward you need no specific class or group structure to be successful on biosphere.
- Typically you skip the end boss "Von Uber" most people will leave the run you are hosting if you want to kill Von Uber.

**I personally advise skipping V.U. for this reason and he has garbage drops. Anything he drops can be found for cheap in the auction hall on the UCS Blackstar.**

1. Consistency is gold (try to stick with the same team members for similar style runs)
- If the host of the current run drops (logs off or leaves the run for whatever reason), take the initiative and let your new friends know that you are taking over the remakes.

> They will typically follow you or send you a friend request be sure to accept so that they can join you on your next run.

1. This is a little more difficult as the composition of your teams structure will highly effect the probability of a successful and death free run.

2. To start your game go to your sector map select "shipyard" then select "create game" and select "shipyard reactor core deck".

**This is the formula I use and I haven't had a failed run yet, unless I couldn't assemble the necessary group build; In which case i scrapped the run altogether.**

3 operatives

1 engineer

1 commando

- I typically lock my game with a password (i don't like to boot random people i don't need.) and invite friends from my friends list i know like to do boss runs.
- If you ran biosphere properly you should have more then enough friends to help you out at this point on top of your guild members.

3. You have one commando there for a reason and that's to keep the mysterious figure from destroying your group while you take out the mob spawns.

4.Every member of your team other than the commando should focus on killing the enemy spawn until they no longer spawn then turn your focus to the mysterious figure.

IMPORTANT: if you see any of the enemy run towards the console and attempt to hack it you have to push them away from it or the barrels will explode. If all the barrels explode everyone will die and you have failed the map. **If you have 3 operatives this should never be a problem.**

I hope this information is useful. If you have any questions or additional suggestions let me know and I will edit my post accordingly.

Kahlua
11-26-2011, 12:29 PM
If you decide to use it, here it is without the quote tags so you can copy/paste the code if you go to quote me:

A. Starting a new game:

3 operatives

1 engineer

1 commando

I hope this information is useful. If you have any questions or additional suggestions let me know and I will edit my post accordingly.

BodMaster
12-05-2011, 08:46 AM
Boo I prefer mine :p (tomato, tomato. mine was pretty basic though ;))

But great job Kahlua looking alot better :)

End Game Hosting Tutorial

Hosting:

First were going to go over the proper way to start a "Run" (A new game) and I'm going to clearly define some of the in game terminology.

First log onto your account and select "Sector Map" select "Shipyard".

You might want to "Farm" (the repeated running of a map for a certain goal or objective) experience. For this purpose you'll select shipyards biosphere level 2 map.

If you want to farm for items that are worth some credits or you need new gear (Armour) for your toon. You are going to select Reactor core also known as SY5 (Shipyard Level 5)

Each run has a clean cut purpose. Biosphere for experience. Reactor Core Deck for Gear.

SY2: Biosphere

How to Host on Biosphere:

After you open your game use the command "/g XP Run up" Do not be alarmed or become discouraged if every guild member online or even no guild members online show up.

If that happens invite some players from your friends list. The entire run does not have to be Guild specific. Your runs will go optimally if you allow everyone to join. The join game system runs on Alphabetical Order, A at the top, Z at the bottom. It can also be switched to filter games by the Level with the Higher Levels at the top and the Lower Levels at the bottom.

If your IGN starts with a letter that's close at the bottom of the alphabet is likely that people will join other games before they even see yours on the list of games. If this is the case I strongly suggest you join someone else's run unless you have friends or guild members you know will join you.

If you fail to create a successful Biosphere run. Use the join game feature and search "Biosphere" now only Biosphere runs will appear on your list of games. Biosphere runs are not hard to find and you should usually be able to join random games at any point in the day.

You'll make tons of friends on Biosphere. Particularily by joining runs in progress. Use the command "/h" this is used to let you know who is hosting the run you have joined. Kindly ask them if they are doing "rmks" (The Recreation of a map) and ask if it would be alright if you can join. Usually it's fine but if its not not find another run; they are plentiful.

When you get in on a good run add everyone you're running with they will be good friends in the future for when you want to run boss. It's always good to have friends outside the Guild.

Farming:

Farming experience on shipyard is straight forward you need no specific class or group structure to be successful on Biosphere. The only goal is to kill all the enemies and harvest the experience. Typically you skip the end boss "Von Uber" most people will leave the run you are hosting if you want to kill Von Uber. People want experience and they want it fast V.U. slows them down.

I personally advise skipping V.U. for this reason and he has garbage drops. Anything he drops can be found for cheap in the auction hall on the UCS Blackstar.

After you have made or joined a good group run stick with it and 'rmk' or rejoin fast. Consistancy is gold If the host of the current run drops (logs off or leaves the run for whatever reason) Take the initiative and let your new friends know that you are taking over the remakes. They will typically follow you or send you a freind request be sure to accept so that they can join you on your next run.

Do not boot your friends. Give preference to Guildies over strangers.

Kill them all skip Von Uber, repeat and Enjoy.

SY5:Reactor Core Deck

How to Host on Shipyard Reactor Core Deck:

This is a little more difficult as the composition of your teams structure will highly effect the probability of a successful and death free run.

To start your game go to your Sector Map select "Shipyard" then select "Create game" and select "Shipyard Reactor Core Deck" (RCD).

So this is what you want on a Boss run here. It's the formula I use and I haven't had a failed run yet, unless I couldn't assemble the necessary group build. In which case I scrapped the run altogether.

You want - 3 Operatives, 1 Engineer, and 1 Commando.

Once you have your team assembled you may begin your run. I typically lock my game with a password (I don't like to boot random people I don't need.) and invite friends from my friends list I know like to do boss runs. If you ran Biosphere properly you should have more then enough friends to help you out at this point on top of your guild members.

Once the run starts continue through the map until you reach the end boss.

End Boss:

You have one commando there for a reason and that's to keep the mysterious figure from destroying your group while you take out the mob spawns. Every member of your team other than the commando should focus on killing the enemy spawn until they no longer spawn then turn your focus to the mysterious figure. The engineer is there to heal and revive a necessity on any given run.

IMPORTANT: If you see any of the enemy run towards the console and attempt to hack it you have to push them away from it or the barrels will explode if all the barrels explode everyone will die and you have failed the map.

If you have 3 Operatives this should never be a problem.

I hope this information is useful!

If you have any questions or additional suggestions let me know and I will edit my post accordingly!

(This will all be in format when you receive just copy the reply or the formatting wont show :p)