PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam?

Encryptions
08-25-2018, 02:22 PM
You have an item worth mills in the auction, some random subject private messages you and tells you that he/she will buy your item for 500k less so you agree, but after you cancle the item and you enter a trade window with the subject who says he/she will buy your item, the subject says he/she changes their mind laughs and logs off leaving you losing hundreds of thousands of gold from canceling the item in the auc. This has happened multiple times to me, whats the point of being a liar and making people lose gold they worked hard for?

So, finishing that off my question to every one is "Is this a scam?"

intizamfamily888
08-25-2018, 03:23 PM
Yes, it is. Some ppl just don't have lifes who matter.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Warriorknown
08-25-2018, 03:26 PM
Next time, tell the “interested” person that if the item does not sell in CS that you will sell it for the price they offered(if you like that price).

Oakmaiden
08-25-2018, 04:30 PM
That was probs someones alt who had same item listed higher...

Encryptions
08-25-2018, 04:32 PM
I've lost a few mil from subjects doing this to me, so instead of listing expensive stuff on auc I'll sell it here or to subjects in different locations. Hope this doesn't happen to you guys.

Armani Boi
08-25-2018, 08:24 PM
I've lost a few mil from subjects doing this to me, so instead of listing expensive stuff on auc I'll sell it here or to subjects in different locations. Hope this doesn't happen to you guys.

Will test your analytical judgement. Dont just believe easily. Check the toons if wearing nice gears, ask to show the gold first via trade before your cancel your item at least you take extra precaution. Some players is like that, they have nothing to do in games but to fool other players, they do not care about it if u lost thousands/millions.

PostNoob
08-25-2018, 09:17 PM
You have an item worth mills in the auction, some random subject private messages you and tells you that he/she will buy your item for 500k less so you agree, but after you cancle the item and you enter a trade window with the subject who says he/she will buy your item, the subject says he/she changes their mind laughs and logs off leaving you losing hundreds of thousands of gold from canceling the item in the auc. This has happened multiple times to me, whats the point of being a liar and making people lose gold they worked hard for?

So, finishing that off my question to every one is "Is this a scam?"

Ive had this happen to me a handful of times. Only once did i actually take it out of the auction but it all worked out for me. It was only like 1.5m/ 2 items but i was still waiting for them to not buy it lol.

Rauitri
08-26-2018, 12:12 AM
Similar thing happened to me, wherein player said "oops forgot gold on alt". And he leaves without coming back.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Fake_Stats
08-26-2018, 01:01 AM
Hmm i was lucky then i guess becouse i sold alot of itema like that canceling auction and never got scamed lucky me ;)

Послато са GT-I9060I уз помоћ Тапатока

JamezbondAL
08-26-2018, 06:03 AM
Happens a lot..cant trust people

Kakashis
08-27-2018, 01:20 PM
Next time, tell the “interested” person that if the item does not sell in CS that you will sell it for the price they offered(if you like that price).

I usually go this route. For the more expensive items, I usually prefer forum deals. Less risk to me.

Gouiwaa9000
08-27-2018, 02:21 PM
I had quite a few people pm me asking to buy items i listed and luckily never got scammed . If you have a rare item that does not sell well and you can afford to repost it , then its worth a shot .