PDA

View Full Version : 1.1 Content Update (73918)

asommers
11-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Improved luck elixirs again. All loot that a mob will possibly drop is now considered when rerolling for loot.

MYNISTA
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Woot! Thx!

Iaceden
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
Thanks guys!

ArtStar
11-18-2011, 04:44 PM
System: "Meh"

xD

Skeletonlord
11-18-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm so glad you make threads for updates. I can read them before I download them because it is hard to scroll in the update box

BodMaster
11-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Wooooops!!!!

Can a Dev confirm, if I had already bought a miner with my main, but hadn't used it fully, 29 mins left. Will I still be using the new version or old?

Deadbeathc
11-18-2011, 04:59 PM
System: "Meh"

xD

Lol, you and I saw the same thing.

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac26/deadbeathc/Star%20Legends/SystemMeh.png

I took a screen cap of it soon after.

Yurimaru
11-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Improved luck elixirs again. All loot that a mob will possibly drop is now considered when rerolling for loot.

I noticed that you said "mob" ... I take it that this means that luck elixirs have no impact on bosses, such as Mysterious Figure, so that there's no reroll for pink guns?

Slant
11-18-2011, 05:10 PM
oh mob... well spotted then Yuri
hmmm not sure but this is what I think it means, in the old elix, if you dropped a yellow from a mob it would lock the next drop to the next rarity level, ie green, which removed the possibility of a vanity (blue dropping), the new elix, you will get something better than a yellow

Deadbeathc
11-18-2011, 05:10 PM
I noticed that you said "mob" ... I take it that this means that luck elixirs have no impact on bosses, such as Mysterious Figure, so that there's no reroll for pink guns?

I've seen the term mob used to reference any sort of 'enemy', so it may include the specific of a boss, not just trash mobs.

ninjaduck
11-18-2011, 05:15 PM
still dont understand what that update means/does. anyone care to explain?

SuperNas
11-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Umm I thought its been fixed?

Hullukko
11-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Seems to work.

First run at sy5 after the update and I decided to give the elixir a try and low and behold the Guttersnipe dropped.

Guild mates are starting to be a bit pissed though... Second pink for me and the first dropped without an elixir. Maybe you could come up with a patch that would give them some pinks, too?

For the record, I would've preferred you guys nerfing down the potion than fixing it to match the description, because my opinion is that it messes up a central area of the game (gear farming) into something that at least I'm not comfortable with. Those with plat are now better off farming with the elixir (and feel bad about it), especially when running with those that don't have plat and feel bad because of that. When new content comes, is it gonna be those with plat that are gonna make the first high sales and make creds, too. A divide where it shouldn't be. The xp grinding is not that bad a split, but now pinks and creds, too. (and maybe even vanities if I read that description correctly, eh?)

I'm just worried, because as I see it, the farming is the keystone.

Xaphan Fox
11-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Micro transactions ruin the economy of every mmo ive played in the last 15 years.

Look at what China farmers did/do to the wow economy.

Only difference is that sts gets the cut.

Meanwhile I get to deal with 800,000 x rays and 1.2 million pink pistols when both those items should be around 150,000.

But why sell it for 1500,000, an amount someone can steadfast farm playing the game, when I know someone with a credit card and no concept of the value of a dollar will spend over 100 dollars to buy the item for the credits I'm asking for.

'merica!!

Testament
Sparkling Pwnies

Kahlua
11-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Oh that note^^^....just got the Nova Blaster. Can a dev confirm if this was in fact the first one to drop?

Ardon
11-18-2011, 08:38 PM
Micro transactions ruin the economy of every mmo ive played in the last 15 years.

Look at what China farmers did/do to the wow economy.

Only difference is that sts gets the cut.

Meanwhile I get to deal with 800,000 x rays and 1.2 million pink pistols when both those items should be around 150,000.

But why sell it for 1500,000, an amount someone can steadfast farm playing the game, when I know someone with a credit card and no concept of the value of a dollar will spend over 100 dollars to buy the item for the credits I'm asking for.

'merica!!

I honestlt see this going the other way.
I see miners luck as an advantage towards plat users. After this update I've seen so many pinks now in the cs. Prices will go down tremendously.

I see this applying to everything from now on. It's gonna be harder to get money and farming will now benefit those with plat.

I see no good coming from this. Either way it goes. The SL market is gonna go down the gutter. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Slant
11-18-2011, 08:46 PM
still dont see the elixers are a big advantage, the drops are random, some of us got it some of us didnt, with and without the elix, still trying out the new elix in different places tho, got 3 rolls at boss so far
hmm I can see a lot of trouble coming from this lol, yeah the first elix was still the best imo, now quick farm before they nerf the drops again
&& microtransactions wont be a problem if plat drops in the game

Deadbeathc
11-18-2011, 08:55 PM
I honestlt see this going the other way.
I see miners luck as an advantage towards plat users. After this update I've seen so many pinks now in the cs. Prices will go down tremendously.

I see this applying to everything from now on. It's gonna be harder to get money and farming will now benefit those with plat.

I see no good coming from this. Either way it goes. The SL market is gonna go down the gutter. Just my opinion though.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

It's the way I see it as well. Of course plat is there to give players a slightly better advantage, with the constant tweaks to the current Miners Luck Elixer, it shall give them an even larger advantage of controlling the market for the players that do not have access to platinum.
__________________________________________________ _________

It's even like this with a majority of guilds on the leaderboards. Why play hard when you have access to the platinum store and just boost your way to the cap.

Yes, I understand this is a free game, yes I understand that all the hardworking people at STS need to something to feed themselves, I strongly support any game store any gaming company has to offer. Why should players waste money on buying from China farmers just to get banned, why not just support the game the play already? Companies do this so they can support themselves and their employees and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

It's just with this new lixer it just may cripple all the current hard farming players out there.

Slant
11-18-2011, 09:13 PM
wow lol the elix is very effective, certainly in the region of creating an imbalance, farmed agressively with it on certain levels and got waaay tooo many drops... so basically some of us pay plat so the prices will drop in the ah?? lol haha no clue whats going on this can get chaotic - best to not mess with drops at all after a level cap, it destroys everyone's auction house strategies and creates a lot of uncertainty

Xaphan Fox
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
hey STS:

10 level 5 boss runs and 4 pinks have dropped. i am soo pleased in knowing that the odds are so against me now. And if I chose to not spend money on virtual items, I am pretty much wasting my time.

The luck elixir is too good. It is ridiculously overpowered. What that elixir and some of the other stuff you can do with plat is doing and will continue to do to your players and economy has been seen in many other MMO economies/communities. It has always ended in mad players and and unstable auction house with items not realistically attainable by non-micros transaction means.

And I know you know this. If you have played any popular mmo in the last 15 years you know this. I dare any dev to right now, or during the next expansion, attempt to raise 1,000,000 credits via farming. I want you to *see* what things go for. I want you to *see* how much time is spent getting X. Then tell me how forbidden fruit tempting that plat is.

It isnt just about bug testing. Play the live game. See what we go through. I am sure you do to a degree, but clearly not enough as some of your game design decisions and company philosophy stuffs in the last few months have been very questionable and almost to a shameful degree been geared at influencing plat purchases.

I fail to be excited about Dark Legends if its just going to be what you learned form PL and SL to make an even bigger cash sink.

SuperNas
11-18-2011, 10:18 PM
The only way I can make a decent amount of creds, is selling jetpacks that IV gather during the event...everything in the AC house is either super cheap OR EXPENSIVE AF. Is there anyway to fix this? I'm not complaining

Feke
11-19-2011, 12:53 AM
Hmm.. I think I'll give another try to the Elixir.. XD

BodMaster
11-19-2011, 06:58 AM
Why am I finding all this so ironic....

SuRfY
11-19-2011, 10:02 AM
i am waiting to buy my 1st pink pistol at 50 credits. Whoots!

Nightarcher
11-19-2011, 05:41 PM
This update hurts the economy tremendously! Now people can purchase a better droprate of non-Plat gear with Plat. Very unwise decision.

(For more info, click on the link in my signature.)

Diodge
11-19-2011, 07:16 PM
lol
Im happy there feeding plat players with drops.

I hope they let this ride till next lvl jump. Then everyone can see what more drops to plat players will do to a game with a smaller player base.

I will sit back and watch this.

Cheap pink guns= plat sales for shield

Elf-Orc-Naga
11-20-2011, 01:06 AM
Nice update!! This is for people who are busy and dont have time to farm but wants good item!!! If they have money and time well give them the advantage. I praise player who is good at farming without these elixirs.

For economy, idc but whats wrong with cheap items??? If i used plat and i get lots of items and sell them cheap then it is also for others who dont have plat and want better items. I know we cant please everybody .. Especially somebody's greediness!!! Hehehe enjoy everyone!! I envy those who have really time to play pl and sl!! :)

Slant
11-20-2011, 02:57 AM
some of us hunt for the fun of having to roll the dice so many times, some of us dont choose to use luck elixers on bosses because we want to experience dropping it the hard way, right now it is pointless to farm the lower level greens without the miner's elix, you simply cannot play knowing that all those items are available many times over by simply purchasing the luck elix... essentially this particular elix and this particular update is no different from listing all the in game items in the plat store and at massive discounts at that

Nands
11-20-2011, 07:06 AM
What is wrong with cheap items? The price of the recipes don't drop, so, last week I can buy a recipe just selling a L35 Titan Plate, today I need to try sell 3 of thoose to buy a recipe. I think that o unique way to make some money now is trying to stock up stimpacks for sold.

Hullukko
11-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Why am I finding all this so ironic....

Taking the high horse, eh. How come I'm not surprised...

Feke
11-22-2011, 12:06 PM
I don't understand what's the problem with the elixir.. I bought a few one (don't know how many.. i don't care) and I never got any pinks. So, what's the problem? Buying an elixir doesn't mean that You'll get a pink every time You beat the Mysterious guy.. The elixir gives Better loot, not best drop. So, everyone got the chance to get a pink, not only the elixir users. Every time I saw pink drop (except 1 time) an elixirless player got it.. not me with elixir.. So anyone can get pink drop, not only us. (as I wrote, I never got any..) Hope this calmed You down.

Slant
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Try using the elix on two alts, one alt for the elix, one alt for running, then do reactor core with one alt, switch to the other and farm the boss... combine with the speed boost, and you can enter the map after the mobs are cleared, so thats a lot of assured good drops if you use the entire elix in this manner... and I can go on about how bad the elix is and how it can be abused, but im gonna first sell all my stuff before doing that :P

Feke
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Try using the elix on two alts, one alt for the elix, one alt for running, then do reactor core with one alt, switch to the other and farm the boss... combine with the speed boost, and you can enter the map after the mobs are cleared, so thats a lot of assured good drops if you use the entire elix in this manner... and I can go on about how bad the elix is and how it can be abused, but im gonna first sell all my stuff before doing that :P
Guilds are doing this organised.. XD
What do You think where do those lots of pink guns came from?

krazii
11-22-2011, 03:40 PM
Cheap pink guns= plat sales for shield

Bingo!!!!

Reggin
11-24-2011, 07:41 AM
Actually, this is an amazingly smart move for sts... Supply goes up for people who spend plat and generate revenue for sts... Prices go down significantly and non plat users can buy items at fair prices. Anyone whining about this negatively impacting the game economy is just mad because they make their credits though manipulative merching. This is quite possibly the best fix for the manipulative price gouging. You should be THANKING the people who spend plat to prevent player induced inflation!

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Try using the elix on two alts, one alt for the elix, one alt for running,

Ima been doing this since new update :D

Supply goes up for people who spend plat and generate revenue for sts... Prices go down significantly and non plat users can buy items at fair prices.

It is still nice to have a legendary item which is *legendary* and hard to get as its just a great experience/feeling to have!

I've been playing since day one, and I had never dropped a Pink/Vanity in all this time (beginning of July) until yesterday.. I got my first Pink Gutter, and I didn't feel anything just.. Oh my first pink.. woo the joy :( one of the reasons is beacuase they are not that rare.

Though this change haven't affected me or alot of the community in that much of 'bad' way. I was shocked on how the newer Purples have dropped due to the update and lower greens, whcih is another matter.. (too many people fixated on how just the pinks are being effected)

You should be THANKING the people who spend plat to prevent player induced inflation!

Agreed, Plat players do get alot of 'stick' and its not needed they help STS fund their game and everything else it entails, so that non-plat players can enjoy the game for free. (New Content/New Franchise, advertising to increase awareness, larger foundations all in which help build the game to its full potential, ).

Slant
11-24-2011, 12:33 PM
huh? Im not mad cause of mad merching, its amazing that the plat guys get stuff dropped in the market, pink gunz for everyon yay whatver.. its not the credits or the items that are the issue here, its the logic of the game, why play for drops at all... im mad because the drops are too easy, and im gonna say it one more time, as good as listing all in game gear in the plat store

Opticscopez
11-26-2011, 03:39 PM
This is great!

Reggin
11-27-2011, 01:26 AM
Slant...on that last note, I agree... Sts should sell all items for plat... People with real lives (jobs, families, etc.) Can't get top gear because they don't have ten hours a day to farm stuff...

And don't try to say farming takes skill... All it takes is time... Which is a luxury that, not everyone can have.

Now if sts decided to make a real challenging boss that doesn't go on farm mode within days of coming out, then plat shouldn't be able to buy that.

Those types of bosses that can only be attempted once each day and take massive teamwork to down... perhaps a boss that isn't beaten for the first time until after about s month...

And the mob should only drop pinks, since it is so difficult... But lets be honest, is farming any boss in SL challenging? I certainly don't think so.

Just sell end game gear for plat until there is a challenge that requires skill, not a life of living in your parents house for free and playing all day.

By the way, if sts ever does make a real boss, make him a quest kill that gives your class specific top end gear that can't be traded or sold.

Slant
11-27-2011, 04:29 AM
hmm... its not the stuff that you get and use, there is the plat gear also for that, its the in game gear that gets sold in the AH at reduced prices because of the people who buy the elix. This means those who dont have the elix have to work many times as hard. This basically means the people with platinum dominate the in game economy.

if elix drops only blue versions of the same items that cant be traded, then it wudnt be a prolem. If elix lasts for 30 minutes in real time, it wud not be a prolem. If plat drops in game from mobs, then it wud not be a prolem.