PDA

View Full Version : Option to translate language in AL

Encryptions
08-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Is there a way to talk to others who speak a different language? I only know english and spanish atm. There are too many different types of languages used in the game, I do have a friend who knows 7 languages and he even says there are too many.

We have an option in settings that takes the language and translates it to a language you speak. You choose the language you speak and when someone uses a different language it will automatically translate it to the language you speak.

Downside- AL chat doesn't support í é ó ñ á etc.

Rauitri
08-27-2018, 04:41 PM
Its harder than you think, the way translators translate different languages is just wrong in terms of grammatic arrangement, context and usage of proper words.

Take Googles translate, it can do basic translation, about few words and short sentences correctly, but when a lenghty or unknown (unexisting word) is displayed, its all a mess with wrong word construction, grammar, context etc..

With all the words we purposely shorten or mispell to make it faster or convenient, I doubt STS could develop a translator that Google wasn't even close.

Example in a realistic scenario: "Bro I gtg to the CR bcuz i need to do smth, and arigato for playing with me".

Translators aren't capable of deriving abbreviations, shortened words (unexisting), mispelled words, polysemy & monosemy words, context, and Multilingual sentences.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Uiss
08-27-2018, 06:19 PM
yeah! would help a lot.

Alghost
08-27-2018, 09:44 PM
I don’t think the company is that big in order to translate what the player is sayin imo but you never know