PDA

View Full Version : More community fan/design contests

Rauitri
08-31-2018, 10:38 AM
I would like, and hopefully the community would agree with more fan/design contests.

Fan art banners were fun, step it up a notch and how about design contests for:

-Upcoming event pets

-Lb vanities

-Timed and top player banners and so much more

Example: Halloween is coming, a ghost pet that resembles Casper would be cool and cute. A theme will always be given, and when picked, Devs can either modify or exactly copy it, and players rewarded afterwards.

Recently we were given a recolored lb banner, that was a whole new level of recoloring, happened on a Major event too?. During the Goblin event, hundreds of entries were proposed by the community that gave a fairer banner at the end, better than recolors.

To make things better, we would like to see a fairer judgement amongst entries. Like, not picking a 2D lollipop banner/Green eye of Syrillax just because its easy for them to integrate in-game, and not that its following the theme or such. We would appreciate if they could properly take more time, and effort analyzing the entries, and taking the time making the communities banners.

Why community contests?

-Not only that we can prove ourselves that we could design something that players would really do things to obtain (if Devs can choose right entries), but overall it adds the effort from both "skilled" Devs in designing the hard designs from players, and the players skill in designing an entry. A win-win situation.

-Options, hundreds of options are being made as the whole community can simultaneously think of designs, concepts etc, instead of a design team giving us 1 final design with a low chance of changing if hated. Its more convenient while giving players with something they could choose from.

-Makes events so much better in terms of quality.

"Devs will be lazy in making banners etc.. if players makes it for them" lets be real, they had the chance to design, but they thought of recoloring/exact banner as plat tier but with more detail (Goblin event banner), or the same banner as plat tier but recolored gold (Easter & Marvelous event banner) etc... you get the point? Contests wouldn't make them lazy, as they already are, (sorry for some truth/salt in my opinion).

Ty!! please leave your thoughts about it below.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk