PDA

View Full Version : Where's the pinks!!??

nomad187
11-18-2011, 11:13 PM
I've been doing Mount Fang runs for about 7 hours, on and off all day. I have not seen 1 pink, or component drop. After talking to other people, no one has seen, or received on. Is this a bug, or really bad drop rate??

Has anyone seen anything drop today??

Phoenixking
11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Today? No but in the past i have gotten, orlok sword 61 orlok plate 61 lilith staff 61 and cowl of the dead 61 all pinks :P

Xscoopx
11-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Well pinks aren't classified as legendary for nothing

mattkamp
11-18-2011, 11:24 PM
I feel the same way. On the road to 65 I saw pinks and crafts drop all the time. Now after 3 hours of potted runs today I haven't seen anything drop.

CrimsonTider
11-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Unless it happened after I logged off two hours ago, my guild has not seen a pink all day. :(

nomad187
11-18-2011, 11:32 PM
Today? No but in the past i have gotten, orlok sword 61 orlok plate 61 lilith staff 61 and cowl of the dead 61 all pinks :P

Yes, just today.

Rarely dropping is legendary. Never dropping is imaginary.

mejslll
11-18-2011, 11:37 PM
no pinks... yesterday was just a few in 6 hours of play

Xscoopx
11-19-2011, 12:15 AM

Yes, just today.

Rarely dropping is legendary. Never dropping is imaginary.
Pinks can take days to show, but there worth it. I once had a pink bow I got at lvl 17, didn't find anything to replace it till lvl 29

JaytB
11-19-2011, 12:36 AM
I don't understand why they decided to make it THAT rare. I mean, look at cs. There are almost no items (except caps) for set pieces. Maybe we (in our guild) have just been unlucky, but they definitely seem more rare as when glyph sets were introduced.

My point is, if they want to increase to cap every 2-3 months, wouldn't it make sense to make them a bit less rare? It might be to soon to judge if they're really that rare though. Maybe less people are farming, or keeping the pieces themselves. But if it's the case, then it will be extremely hard for people to even get an end level set, because by the time you can farm or maybe even find all pieces on cs, there would be already a new cap looming. But, as said, it might be too soon to judge the situation right :)

Fncrazy
11-19-2011, 12:56 AM
The new scale system has messed up the 65 drop rate. My advice if your lvlin up don't bother with end game gear. Buy a 61 set. It last longer and doesn't cost as much.

Maynard
11-19-2011, 02:11 AM
Nobody in our guild has seen pink since update that I am aware of.

Walkhardd
11-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Was gonna post about this..haha I finished my grind earlier today...no pinks..farmed a little over an hour after..no pinks..nobody in my guild has seen one today either, and I talked to some other players, who haven't seen any as well...something is up..

LwMark
11-19-2011, 04:51 AM
Umm im lvl 63 an got a lvl 63 pilgram hat tday an have seen 3 pink drops tday..so ya

Zune
11-19-2011, 05:13 AM
just seen lilliths lv65... first since i was lv63 and im halfway thru 65-66 now

Riccits
11-19-2011, 07:02 AM
the only pinks u get are when ur lvl 61-64. there droped a lot. after i got 65 after 20h of hardcore playing elixiered only i saw 2 non-set pinks drop. but 90% of players got nothing after reaching 65...

how jayb said, for 3months thats ridiculous low.. theres no need to be so greedy with pinks, we already paying a lot plat for grinding, at least let us some gear for it..
armors arent any in shop...

CrimsonTider
11-19-2011, 07:27 AM
I hope this is not a ploy to have us buy the "new and improved" luck elixirs. I really hate saying this publically but it is time STS provides a public explaination on the topic. When Sewer pinks feel common, there is an issue.

As Jay stated, maybe it is a bug but would be nice to hear a developer give us a heads up on whats going on. The game is going from a pick up and play feel to a typical video game. I do not care to spend hours playing, but I like to twink, pvp, and visit with friends also. Shouldn't have to spend days of gameplay focused just on imaginary pinks.

JaytB
11-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Making the drop rate higher would lower cs prices too, making the game more accessible and rewarding for the entire community IMO. And I say this as a person who does have the gold to buy these expensive pieces, and who does make gold by merching. I'm not talking about extremely high drop rates either, just not as rare as they currently seem to be. It feels very unrewarding if you play for 10+ hours with full groups of potted players to see absolutely nothing drop for anyone.

My personal opinion is that STS should understand that low drop rates together with short update periods, will be counter productive in the long run. IMO, people won't farm as hard anymore, when there is no reward.

Fyrce
11-19-2011, 07:59 AM
Rarity is nice, but has anyone seen their 2nd drop? I haven't seen one. Lots of 're-rolling' blah blah that looks good, but the 2nd drop that used to be lots of pinks and recipes is gone...

Ellyidol
11-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Did it happen that an update came, then pinks stopped?

It's happened before, and I don't quite get it either. When a new campaign is out, pinks seem to drop like crazy, then as it progresses, they seem to make pinks really scarce. It's happened in BS and Nuri's. I don't understand why, the damage has been done after the first drop rate. Making them extremely scarce just disappoints IMO.

utaca
11-19-2011, 08:13 AM
I never complain about the drops but farmed for 2 days with luck for most of the time. NO PINKS! Our group had 3 people with the luck elixir and re rolled n boss's several times but not one pink. My question would-be why put the luck elixir in the game and set it up for such failure?

kallima
11-19-2011, 08:14 AM
just seen lilliths lv65... first since i was lv63 and im halfway thru 65-66 now

Lilith 65 what? Cowl, wand/staff, robes or bracer and pray tell where? I played about 6+ hours today and saw only one pink drop from Vlod. It is super frustrating to not even see very many in C.S., especially for mage items - no more than 5 lvl 65 items in each category, and don't bother with the robes - i check daily and not one has been listed yet. I'm beginning to think they have drop rates like the lvl 25 Vyxnaar helm or green ice items. :/

JaytB
11-19-2011, 08:20 AM

It's happened before, and I don't quite get it either. When a new campaign is out, pinks seem to drop like crazy, then as it progresses, they seem to make pinks really scarce. It's happened in BS and Nuri's. I don't understand why, the damage has been done after the first drop rate. Making them extremely scarce just disappoints IMO.

This seems to be entirely different, Elly. People who are <64 still get Lv 61, 63 drops at reasonable rates. It's only once you reach 65-66, that there are almost no drops anymore (except for the occasional cap or so). I mean look at cs, that should prove enough. I always scan cs like a hawk when new campaigns come out, and this one is definitely different IMO.

elianel
11-19-2011, 08:21 AM

It's happened before, and I don't quite get it either. When a new campaign is out, pinks seem to drop like crazy, then as it progresses, they seem to make pinks really scarce. It's happened in BS and Nuri's. I don't understand why, the damage has been done after the first drop rate. Making them extremely scarce just disappoints IMO.i think they do that for call more ppl to play then let them ppl in frustration :(

AbsolutePally
11-19-2011, 08:51 AM
After getting bird to 66 (26-100k) I saw ZERO pinks to the whole group. ONE scrap just one cloth scrap. Made 260 k off liquidations that is it!!!

Ellyidol
11-19-2011, 10:04 AM
This seems to be entirely different, Elly. People who are <64 still get Lv 61, 63 drops at reasonable rates. It's only once you reach 65-66, that there are almost no drops anymore (except for the occasional cap or so). I mean look at cs, that should prove enough. I always scan cs like a hawk when new campaigns come out, and this one is definitely different IMO.

Very interesting!

i think they do that for call more ppl to play then let them ppl in frustration :(

Yeah, but that's not a good way to satisfy players at all. I'm sure STS knows better than that. I remember Cinco saying that he didn't want to introduce gear upgrading (therefore possible chances to break your equipment) due to the feeling you get after breaking a good piece of gear. I would say it's the same here, the frustration of not getting any pinks all of a sudden.

XghostzX
11-19-2011, 10:12 AM
I'd like to see a a lilith robe wand and bracer in the cs for once.

Ixillicus
11-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I have to say... the drop rate is CRAZY low. I have been playing atleast 8 hours a day, and since the last patch... I have only seen 2 pinks. I got a 65 Wand and I did see a 65 Leather drop...

But that's it. And I have done a lot of runs during that play period... it's extremely low. CS prices are shooting up.

I guess they still can drop, just hardly ever.

KTpantyhose
11-19-2011, 11:37 AM
took me a couple days to get my first pink item.

Yvonnel
11-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I think the drop system somehow got messed up.

Here is a post I made earlier -->Possible Drop Bug in Mt. Fang (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42979-Possible-Drop-Bug-in-Mt.-Fang)

intalot
11-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Today i asked all in my friend list. All of them in mount fang noone see 1 pink drop today. Not even lv61 ,63 pink.
Is this normal? This morning patch on improving luck elixir have something to do with this?

JaytB
11-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Today i asked all in my friend list. All of them in mount fang noone see 1 pink drop today. Not even lv61 ,63 pink.
Is this normal? This morning patch on improving luck elixir have something to do with this?

I asked several guilds, including mine, nobody got a single 65 drop (of a set piece) today! This can't be normal IMO

It smells like a bug to me :/

Fyrce
11-19-2011, 02:38 PM
IF the 2nd drop no longer happens, pinks and crafting items will be extremely rare, since pinks and crafting items are extremely rare 1st drops. I'm not even sure recipes drop as a 1st drop...

JaytB
11-19-2011, 02:44 PM
Well, I decided to contact the devs about it. I mean, if several hardcore farming guilds confirm there are no drops whatsoever, there must be a problem IMO

Will probably have to wait until after the weekend to get a response though. I sent them a link to this thread too.

slaveleia
11-19-2011, 02:46 PM
I feel the same way, I got to level 65 & nothing since! I usually at least see others get a pink but the well has dried up...

Evaruss
11-19-2011, 03:10 PM
I've asked my guild about their experiences and we too have not been seeing any pink drops. Most of my guild members are actively levelling and farming in fang right now. Devs, please look into this issue. Thanks in advance.

FluffNStuff
11-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Related or not, lowering the pink drop rate and improving the plat luck pots simultaneously is really bad timing and does not look good. Let's hope it is just an unintended bug caused by changes to loot table.

PersianLord
11-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Same for me , Just seen Orlok shield after that i'm getting like o.O ! I was thinking Orlok shield L65 wow !! But that was L63 !

intalot
11-19-2011, 04:11 PM
ok i saw a pink drop last hour. it is orlok 1 hand sword(piece of the set) Lv 65 cuz the Lv66 got this. Our group ran x4 mixed pots but only this LV66 that got the item got it with no pots at all.
Pink is super rare now.

For Luck pots I tried 30mins run. No luck Only all rerolled are Green items and a few orange. Luck still usless in Mount i guess.

JaytB
11-19-2011, 04:32 PM
Pink is super rare now.

I just can't understand why, as compaired to previous campaigns, they would lower the drop rate while shortening the time in between cap raises simultaneously. It just doesn't make sense to me.

nomad187
11-19-2011, 05:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm glad to know I wasn't just the bad luck charm for my groups. LOL

Flippys
11-19-2011, 05:11 PM
I hope this is not a ploy to have us buy the "new and improved" luck elixirs. I really hate saying this publically but it is time STS provides a public explaination on the topic.

I feel that is exactly the reason. STS has to pay their bills somehow. The staff has grown in size. The company has released a new game(new game means small starting population so it will leach off it's established money maker, PL).

Make the drop rates so low that it will take a miracle to land a pink. Or spend real money for a miniscule chance of a pink dropping.

Bottom line is money, unfortunately I feel that they have become greedy. If greedy is too harsh of a word, then I would say that they have become overly ambitious spreading their resources thin trying to develop/maintain multiple gaming platforms.

Just my 2 cents though.

Elyseon
11-19-2011, 05:25 PM
Highly doubt it since luck elixirs dont even help u get pinks on bosses, had a friend last night get 'utaca got lucky and rerolled for better loot' it was still green, pinks drop as a secondary item so the luck elix's have no influence whatsoever. They do allow rerolls on the vampires which drop purple and pink occasionally, unfortunately these pinks are no part of sets.

In reguard to the drop rate, although i was lucky enough to get a 65 sang leather, i would say the rate is far to low. When u do like 50 runs and see not one pink go to a 65, something is probably wrong, i have done easily 100 runs of the second level, and am yet to see orlok armour drop to a 65. I am willing to put in time to get these items, but its getting kinda ridiculous :(

Fncrazy
11-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Sts just put one non-tradable 65 custom set of our choice in our stash to show us how important we are and we will all be happy :)

Fyrce
11-19-2011, 07:57 PM
ok i saw a pink drop last hour. it is orlok 1 hand sword(piece of the set) Lv 65 cuz the Lv66 got this. Our group ran x4 mixed pots but only this LV66 that got the item got it with no pots at all.
Pink is super rare now.

For Luck pots I tried 30mins run. No luck Only all rerolled are Green items and a few orange. Luck still usless in Mount i guess.

Since lots of pinks and all (most) recipes drop from the 2nd drop and I'm not seeing any 2nd drops, unless there's a drastic change in the way the drop tables worked, pinks will be extremely rare and recipes are probably not dropping at all.

Personally I think this is a bug. I'd rather have the old way drops worked, before the so-called 100% luck elixir that's not even close to working as per its description. There's tons of re-rolls though --- for greens.

LADYHADASSA
11-19-2011, 11:04 PM
Two days a full potted crew of 5 3 hit 66' my sub account and other players sub accounts hit 65' and now a new mage ....in going on three days.. I have not even SEEN a pink drop. This drop rate is by far the worst sewers where bad, nuris worse and here ahhhh... The drop rate is like the shadow caves.. Not seeing any for such a long period of time in my opinion is counter productive, pinks cause players to push froward and keep trying, and yes they buy the elixer pots, but when they quit trying a loss occures in buisness.

The new maps are not filling with players as quickley as they where.

It almost seems as if there is a technical issue, the elixers began to work and now the pinks are not dropping? I guess only sts can can answer this

Lol...no pinks...no play..no plat= no pay. Dont think this is how it is planned to be...

Skeletonlord
11-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I've had a level 61 pink drop regal shield about 2 days ago so I still think they drop but not very frequently

JaytB
11-19-2011, 11:25 PM
I've had a level 61 pink drop regal shield about 2 days ago so I still think they drop but not very frequently

The 'problem' is for 65 items, not so much for 61 and 63.

Aki
11-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Like all of you here, I haven't seen a single pink drop since the update yesterday. Seems like pinks in Fang have gone the way of the Dodo.

For my guild, its gotten to the point that those of us who are 66 just stopped running in Fang altogether, and those who are on pot to rush up simply skip bosses and remake.

Just my observations.

JaytB
11-19-2011, 11:37 PM
For my guild, its gotten to the point that those of us who are 66 just stopped running in Fang altogether, and those who are on pot to rush up simply skip bosses and remake.

That's funny, because exactly the same thing is happening in my guild. I never was a big fan of xp runs only, but with no reward in sight, more and more of us start to just skip the bosses altogether.

euphorixx
11-19-2011, 11:55 PM
Kinda funny this started happening with the update. Hey you know... "luck elixers now work" *nudge*
Strategic marketing.
They'll fix it eventually

Android LG Optimus using Tapatalk

Uepauke
11-20-2011, 12:08 AM
I had most drops locked at 62 and, once I got tired of accumulating deaths but no kills, I unlocked xp gains and ramped up to 65. Since 65, nado...

Shinybeidge
11-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Same problem here. There has been many complaints of low drop rates so low to such a degree that even the 66s cant get a single pink drop, after several hours of farming. Many have already stopped using the 4x pot as they know with their experience that the pot does not make any difference in drop rates. Now everyone is sticking to their demonic sets.

Yvonnel
11-20-2011, 12:59 AM
Little over 150 runs today....

Not a single pink drop....to anyone. I did get lucky and pick up a couple of 65 pinks cheap in the CS.

modredd
11-20-2011, 02:24 AM
Got 67,000 exp today I'm at Lvl 65 as were us all NO pinks.
I think thats a rip off, Why kill bosses? For more greens!
They need to fix asap
:victorious:

modredd
11-20-2011, 02:26 AM
If its a glitch how much did we loose out on.
We won't be compensated!

Gaddy
11-20-2011, 05:10 AM
Oh noes! I no get rares. They eben mores rare now. I wantz refundorz on my elxirs nowz ! STS iz meanies an grwedies, and dey no give iz pinks cuz dey wanz our platz!

Jeez people, give the whining and conspiracy theories a rest for once...

AbsolutePally
11-20-2011, 07:31 AM
All the time spent grinding two to 66 thats over 400 runs. and no 65 drop. Got 4 61/63 and 4 scraps. Then vanished. If it is broken then theres no tellin what would have been and im not spending another 900 plat in mt fang trying. All the more reason to say bye bye!

Ixillicus
11-20-2011, 07:41 AM
Jeez people, give the whining and conspiracy theories a rest for once...
I don't think you should post here if you're simply going to start flaming. A number of people are voicing their concerns and suspicions regarding a recent change. This is wide spread enough that we have this many people commenting... maybe you need to lay off. Many of those coming forward aren't those who typically complain about not getting pink drops.

Continuing this thread... a lot of people are noticing that the second drops have stopped and that the only time a re-roll occurs with the new elixir in Fang bosses on very rare occcasssion... despite being a supposed "100% re-roll". To me it had to be considered broken if its not working for a re-roll 100% of the time. I highly doubt that STS would admit that the system was broken, because it would upset anyone who spent time/money farming this weekend. Notice how the luck elixir was "improved" and not "fixed". So far no one from StS has acknowledged a single thread. about the luck elix before or after the fix. It's upsetting.

modredd
11-20-2011, 12:50 PM
Such an over used term

JaytB
11-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Notice how the luck elixir was "improved" and not "fixed". So far no one from StS has acknowledged a single thread. about the luck elix before or after the fix. It's upsetting.

I agree with everything you said, but it's weekend now. We have to cut the devs some slack here. I already sent them a link to this thread. They always respond fairly quick, but rarely during the weekends. Just give it some time :)

My opinion sticks though, and that is that it's a bug. I mean the weekend is almost over (from where I live) and still everybody is reporting no lv65 drops while CS stays empty. This was never like this before in any level cap increase in the past. I'm the last to complain that hardcore farming is needed to obtain sets, and that playing 10 hours or so is really nothing. But if many hardcore farming groups tell you the same thing when being asked, after days of almost non stop farming, then there must simply be something wrong IMO :)

Yvonnel
11-20-2011, 01:25 PM
I agree with everything you said, but it's weekend now. We have to cut the devs some slack here. I already sent them a link to this thread. They always respond fairly quick, but rarely during the weekends. Just give it some time :)

My opinion sticks though, and that is that it's a bug. I mean the weekend is almost over (from where I live) and still everybody is reporting no lv65 drops while CS stays empty. This was never like this before in any level cap increase in the past. I'm the last to complain that hardcore farming is needed to obtain sets, and that playing 10 hours or so is really nothing. But if many hardcore farming groups tell you the same thing when being asked, after days of almost non stop farming, then there must simply be something wrong IMO :)

Sam also told some of the AoA's that they had limited tech ability this weekend. Don't really know what that means, but.....

JaytB
11-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Sam also told some of the AoA's that they had limited tech ability this weekend. Don't really know what that means, but.....

It most probably means that none of the 'techies' are available during this weekend. Or in other words, their software programmers. Like I said, lets wait it out, I'm sure they'll give a response :)

Moogerfooger
11-20-2011, 03:36 PM
It is the weekend, like Jay said, hence slow response.

If they have instituted the ridiculous low pink drop rate scale from SL, then there will be mass exodus. Especially in order to encourage purchase of the "new and improved" luck elixir.

That is all.

Gaunab
11-20-2011, 04:05 PM
I'm 99% sure it's a bug.

On Friday I played about 8 hours, cryptruns to nearly 66 and I saw 3 lvl65 sanguine pinks drop (crossbow, leather & helm).

Rest of the weekend, about 15-20 hours of farming without seeing anything.
Feeling kinda ripped of :/

Aikiebo
11-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Not seeing any for such a long period of time in my opinion is counter productive, pinks cause players to push froward and keep trying, and yes they buy the elixer pots, but when they quit trying a loss occures in buisness.

The new maps are not filling with players as quickley as they where.

It almost seems as if there is a technical issue, the elixers began to work and now the pinks are not dropping? I guess only sts can can answer this

Lol...no pinks...no play..no plat= no pay. Dont think this is how it is planned to be...

I agree. Things have been very discouraging to say the least.

Luck still usless in Mount i guess.

Since lots of pinks and all (most) recipes drop from the 2nd drop and I'm not seeing any 2nd drops, unless there's a drastic change in the way the drop tables worked, pinks will be extremely rare and recipes are probably not dropping at all.

Highly doubt it since luck elixirs dont even help u get pinks on bosses,.....

pinks drop as a secondary item so the luck elix's have no influence whatsoever.

They do allow rerolls on the vampires which drop purple and pink occasionally, unfortunately these pinks are no part of sets.

I am willing to put in time to get these items, but its getting kinda ridiculous :(

The drop rate has ben awful.

Am I understanding Fyrce and Elyseon correctly? That this 30 min - 20 plat luck elixir doesn't even work on bosses and/or to help get the lev 65 sets?

If not, what is the point of the luck elixirs?

(Yay!!! Thanks javier995 and ellyidol!)

MoarPewPew
11-20-2011, 04:55 PM
I agree. Things have been very discouraging to say the least.

The drop rate has ben awful.

Am I understanding Fyrce and Elyseon correctly? That this 30 min - 20 plat luck elixir doesn't even work on bosses and/or to help get the lev 65 sets?

If not, what is the point of the luck elixirs?

(Yay!!! Thanks javier995 and ellyidol!)

Yeah I bought a 100% luck elixir for nothing.... Worst timing to get one right when the loot table got messed up.

blahggart
11-20-2011, 05:17 PM
id like to say something to everybody in general. id like to not be asked about this ingame, as there is nothing ambassadors can do about it. i went on this morning to advertise the party and when i asked, "any questions? pm me" i was hammered instantly by at least 5 level 65s telling me to fix the drop rate

noobmigo
11-20-2011, 05:20 PM
id like to say something to everybody in general. id like to not be asked about this ingame, as there is nothing ambassadors can do about it. i went on this morning to advertise the party and when i asked, "any questions? pm me" i was hammered instantly by at least 5 level 65s telling me to fix the drop rate

Your advertisements need pizzazzment. ;)

Xyzther
11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
I was doing runs the day you complained about this and I saw someone get a pilgrim hat so yeah... :/

Gaunab
11-20-2011, 05:42 PM
I was doing runs the day you complained about this and I saw someone get a pilgrim hat so yeah... :/

Was is:
a) Level65?
b) Piece of a Level 65 set?

I assume not...

blahggart
11-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Your advertisements need pizzazzment. ;)
what would u like me to say?

Arod8ball
11-20-2011, 07:48 PM
i saw someone get lvl 65 plate armor yesterday.. can't remember if it was orlock or not

modredd
11-21-2011, 01:44 AM
It is awful!

WhoIsThis
11-21-2011, 04:39 AM
Based on a limited sample size I have, I estimate that the upper bound for the pink level 65 (lilith, sanguine, or orlok) may be as low as 1 in 2,500. Admittedly, this is with a VERY limited sample size and should not be taken at face value.

Pakax
11-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Was chatting to guild members, last night and this am, and apparently, still no 65 drops, set or not.

I personally dropped one vampiric component yesterday. If I am not mistaken, it's taken about 100k xp to get that :-). Getting my bird to 65 now and then the bear, but not sure I'll be doing bosses until they fix this.

jiroununu
11-21-2011, 07:21 AM
I just saw a lv65 Lilith staff drop in my group. So yeah they still drop but super rare.

Pakax
11-21-2011, 08:59 AM
I just saw a lv65 Lilith staff drop in my group. So yeah they still drop but super rare.

"super rare" is kind of an understatement at this level!!!! none of my guild mates has seen a 65 drop for about two or three days now... and they are all grinding to 66 or already there. I still believe in a bug... :-)))

Yvonnel
11-21-2011, 10:34 AM
No word from the devs yet?

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

cajunqueen
11-21-2011, 10:48 AM
I totally agree with Kung and Crimson our guild been grinding for days and no pinks are dropping. Luck elixers are a waste of plat as they have not produced anything. I am hearing a lot of frustration out there as there is something definately wrong with the drop rates. I have not had a drop since I hit lvl 65 on both my mage and bird....what's the point of lving up if you cannot acquire the gear? You cannot even find lvl 65 gear for sale in CS so this would suggest the drops are very rare and the few items you can find are being listed for extremely high prices which also confirms IMO the rarity of the drops...I feel most would agree that getting the legendary drops keep the game interesting and folks motivated to continue playing...so, thats my 2 cents for what it's worth!
Thanks for listening
Cajunqueen :)

Pakax
11-21-2011, 10:48 AM
No word from the devs yet?

nope :-((

@Cajunqueen - hehe good to see you, even if not in the game! I agree with you fully but I am sure that the devs are going to update us on this, whether it is an issue or not. Let's wait and see. :-)

Rare
11-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Making the drop rate higher would lower cs prices too, making the game more accessible and rewarding for the entire community IMO. And I say this as a person who does have the gold to buy these expensive pieces, and who does make gold by merching. I'm not talking about extremely high drop rates either, just not as rare as they currently seem to be. It feels very unrewarding if you play for 10+ hours with full groups of potted players to see absolutely nothing drop for anyone.

My personal opinion is that STS should understand that low drop rates together with short update periods, will be counter productive in the long run. IMO, people won't farm as hard anymore, when there is no reward.

I personally think there are a number of things at play here:

1. STS is trying to push out content at a very fast pace.
2. At the same time, they are making the end game gear VERY difficult to obtain, let alone for multiple characters.
3. Throw in crafting, and it seems near impossible to get these sets unless you are playing 5-6 hours a day. And even then getting multiple sets would seem overboard.

All this leads to elixirs I think. Its a cash cow for STS. It would just be nice if it wasn't handcuffed to the game economy.

cajunqueen
11-21-2011, 11:56 AM
Hey Pakax I am always in the game! You know how it is ....usually running with guildies..but say hello if you see me on! I hope you are right and the devs hear our pleas for PINKS!!

Relytekal
11-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Just my expirance but I have done 60 through 65 and I have 30k worth of exp in 65 and only seen one pink drop and that was to me. Forget this I spent 90 bucks on platinum to level and get gear. No way I will spend anymore money on this game and not get the drops. This is the last of my money they will see if they don't fix drops. I pay to play this game because I enjoy it. I don't enjoy endless hours of grinding with nothing to show for it.

Rare
11-21-2011, 12:36 PM
You spent $90 on platinum to get half way to 65???

Elixir_Withdrawal
11-21-2011, 12:45 PM
I personally think there are a number of things at play here:

1. STS is trying to push out content at a very fast pace.
2. At the same time, they are making the end game gear VERY difficult to obtain, let alone for multiple characters.
3. Throw in crafting, and it seems near impossible to get these sets unless you are playing 5-6 hours a day. And even then getting multiple sets would seem overboard.

All this leads to elixirs I think. Its a cash cow for STS. It would just be nice if it wasn't handcuffed to the game economy.

Is like ive been saying for while now, mount fang should be called mount "PLATINUM". Everything in that map is obviously intended for the over spending of cash. The maps are outrageously huge from start till boss so that when you die (and you will die, sts made bosses guarantee they can KO u at least 5 times "emma") you have no choice but to spend platinum just to revive yourself. The majority of bosses are ridiculously strong and they will kill you very easily thus encouraging the use of elixirs (or what i call cheat codes you can buy). Not to mention their shady lie of novemember 24th being the projected day to make m. platinum available. And last but not least the "elite" levels lol...nothing screams "PRO" like buying your level huh? People spend what $50 just for a lvl? thats not elite thats desperate. Only those who accomplished the highest level without the cheat of elixirs are elite (i mean cmon, 4x experience, attack and def boost and luck elixir? you use the same thing in any other game and you my friend are cheating).
It sucks, nuri was decent at first; the drops where good, made the game highly exiting, the demonic set looked pretty cool, than after Halloween patch they nerfed the crap out of that. Mount platinum just made sts motives more obvious and that $ is top priority. I dont blame them since i am witnessing first hand just how many of these players are that free with their wallets and spending loads amounts of $ on cell phone pixels. I loved the game and was seriously wondering how in the world will this addiction go away, and than ironically sts was my cure lol. With the reveal of mount platinum, the poor effort in creating items, horrible drop system, and realization that you will be needing more and more platinum from updates to come just to keep up, was more than enough to take me away from playing this game on a daily basis lol. So happy skyrim came out in NOV thats for sure lol.

Weak_Sauce
11-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Dev's please enlighten us!

Flip
11-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Please bear with us, we moved offices this weekend and are still setting our workspace up. I'll look into this once we're fully armed and operational. To my knowledge no intentional changes were made to the lvl 65 drop rates. Thanks for your feedback!

RedRyder
11-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Non intentional? So the drop rates were accidental then.. Right :D?

CrimsonTider
11-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Thank you Flip. At least I have an answer for the flood of pm's I get each day. ;)

JaytB
11-21-2011, 02:05 PM
Please bear with us, we moved offices this weekend and are still setting our workspace up. I'll look into this once we're fully armed and operational. To my knowledge no intentional changes were made to the lvl 65 drop rates. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for the reply Flip! Hope this will be looked into when STS is settled in their new 'home' :)

arqueroverde
11-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Thank you, Flip. Many of us were wondering and speculating on what is going on with the pink droppage or lack thereof.

arq

im4broke
11-21-2011, 02:27 PM
Thx...games have turned into just xp runs without doing any bosses in the Crypt. And I really would like to get some pink set items. However, what is one to do? Compared to my time investment, it's better spent doing the before mentioned runs. It's simply not worth doing bosses an extra minute for nothing when you can gain much more in xp that minute.

But STS is awesome! Thanks again!

WhoIsThis
11-21-2011, 03:12 PM

Can you elaborate on that? Does this mean that this is indeed a bug and not an attempt to encourage elixir purchases?

Rare
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Can you elaborate on that? Does this mean that this is indeed a bug and not an attempt to encourage elixir purchases?

What it sounds like is they are not aware of any problem but that there was no intentional change to the drop rate. I assume if its a bug they will look into it.

A lot of conspiracy theories going around.

Pakax
11-21-2011, 03:50 PM
I feel a lot less stressed now they're looking at it. So we can focus on what matters: How is the new space? Pictures?

Gaunab
11-21-2011, 03:51 PM
To my knowledge no intentional changes were made to the lvl 65 drop rates. Thanks for your feedback!

No changes at all since it came out? Or has the rate intentionally BEEN lowered (too much IMO)?
Because I Know that it is lower since the Luck-Elixier-Patch. On friday I saw 3 pinks and many crafting components (didnt count, but I myself got 4-6) in about 6 hours of crypt runs. Rest of the weekend I spent about 15-18 hours farming and didnt see a single pink and recived one crafting component. So I am pretty sure that there has been some change, since I can't believe that was just "bad luck".

Swimmingstar
11-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Glad to know this will be fixed! Now I will wait until I can afford the gear. :D

I Am Awesome!
11-21-2011, 04:05 PM
It is like 5mil for a level 65 pink...

nomad187
11-21-2011, 04:44 PM

Thanks for the feedback!!

iGman
11-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Thank YOU DEVS!! nuff said ;)

MightyMicah
11-22-2011, 03:57 AM
Uhh guys, to me it sounds like Flip is saying to his knowledge the drop rates are exactly how they should be. In other words, there won't be any increase in the drop rate... This makes sense to me considering thats how Sl is and sts likes to make both games consistent with each other. Just my $.02...

Fyrce
11-22-2011, 04:55 AM
I'm hoping all he meant was that they did not think there would be a PL problem when there apparently wasn't an SL problem.

I would hope that they did not mean to make recipes PLAT only, or for players to pay increasingly higher prices for items dropped before the latest update to fix the 100% elixir, which was supposed to have been a positive, but now seems to be a huge negative.

I'd like to believe the change was unintentional, since this doesn't seem to be encouraging people to log on and level or elixir farm like crazy or buy 100% luck elixir like crazy.

Jsaieagle
11-22-2011, 05:07 AM
The main issue is no one gets or see L65 set pinks even they have potted 100% luck elixir.
My opinion, why making the drop rates too low? PL is supposed to be entertaining, NOT SUFFERING!!
Please be remembered that PL is a mobile game, we all know this from day one.

Life is hash enough, why making it even harder!?

I think STS should lower the drop rates and make the set pinks purchasesabe by plat, like 100plat a piece.
Players who don't wanna buy plat could buy them in CS. I'm sure the prices would be much lowered!

I know this would be fatal to those merchants and farmers, come on, it's not only your games, PL should be a game belonging to ALL OF US!

ankit
11-22-2011, 06:15 AM
I play the game tody 1am to 2pm bat i dont got aney pink aney one halp me in the game.my name ankit

Jsaieagle
11-22-2011, 09:24 AM
I play the game tody 1am to 2pm bat i dont got aney pink aney one halp me in the game.my name ankit

Did you SEE any pinks?

Gaunab
11-22-2011, 09:42 AM
I think STS should lower the drop rates and make the set pinks purchasesabe by plat, like 100plat a piece.
Players who don't wanna buy plat could buy them in CS. I'm sure the prices would be much lowered!

I know this would be fatal to those merchants and farmers, come on, it's not only your games, PL should be a game belonging to ALL OF US!

You are totally kidding here, right..? O.o

Riccits
11-22-2011, 10:11 AM

LOL! I hope that was ironic.

CowboyJim
11-22-2011, 10:30 AM
I don't post very much, but I would like to say that the drop rates went down significantly after Friday...Unfortunately, since I hadn't played PL in a while, I didn't get to 65 until late on Friday and when I played on Saturday, no 65 pinks.....I believe the pink drop rate should be low, just not as low as they are now...thanks devs for all you do...

Ellyidol
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
If the decision for pink drop rate is final, IMO, I would suggest the next best thing - boost purples.

CrimsonTider
11-22-2011, 11:19 AM
A lot of specualation at this point guys. I can tell you for a fact STS is looking into this. Please give it some time as Flip stated they are in the process of relocating.

Duped
11-22-2011, 11:25 AM
Not to sound like a broken record, but most definitely a change in drops since the update, and one reason the 65 pinks are so rare? People don't kill bosses anymore, and they seem to have raised the drop rate = a perfect storm.

FlatDog
11-22-2011, 11:28 AM
Yup, still broken, since last Friday's update. No pinks dropping for L65s. 4 days and I've not seen a single pink drop, either the drop tables are broken, or it was made way too rare. Like Duped said, no one even killing bosses anymore in Fang as they know it isn't dropping. No comment from Devs yet?

Samhayne
11-22-2011, 11:48 AM
As Flip mentioned above, we're looking into it. There were no intended changes to drop rates. Thanks for your patience.

Gaunab
11-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Yup, still broken, since last Friday's update. No pinks dropping for L65s. 4 days and I've not seen a single pink drop, either the drop tables are broken, or it was made way too rare. Like Duped said, no one even killing bosses anymore in Fang as they know it isn't dropping. No comment from Devs yet?

Give them some time :)

I am pretty sure they will look into this, and also change/fix the droprates.
They are so low that most people get demotivated and stop farming for it at all.
Most of the hardcore (and also plat-spending!) farmers stopped, and I can't imagine that this is in the interest of STS.

Fyrce
11-22-2011, 11:55 AM
We stopped killing bosses because there was no point. Before this change, I did not see a run that skipped a boss.

We stopped using our lucks because... there was no point. I never bought the luck elixir, but I'm sure there's also no point to getting that.

Flip
11-22-2011, 11:59 AM
We have located the issue and are currently working on a fix, thanks guys!

Gaunab
11-22-2011, 12:02 PM

Woohoo! Great news! Tyvm :)

Do I pls get back my time I spent during the weekend?
Or at least a crafted set for compensation..? :P

Yvonnel
11-22-2011, 12:10 PM

Woohoooo! You guys are awesome!

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

CrimsonTider
11-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Did anyone else hear that?? It was a collective sigh of relief throughout the PL community.

Thank you STS!

xxxmikelxxx
11-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Since the xp limit for leveling has been reduced drasticly, the pink item drop has also been reduced. By the end of November I believe it will be back to normal.

CrimsonTider
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Since the xp limit for leveling has been reduced drasticly, the pink item drop has also been reduced. By the end of November I believe it will be back to normal.

Read a few posts up. Flip and Sam both have indicated there is no coorelation and a fix is in progress.

Terrordon
11-22-2011, 12:51 PM

Oh Mercy!

My Life Is At Rest.

xxxmikelxxx
11-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I don't normally read the posts beforehand. I just help any way I can. I said what i said based off of rumors.

CrimsonTider
11-22-2011, 01:11 PM
I don't normally read the posts beforehand. I just help any way I can. I said what i said based off of rumors.

And the rumors are what lead to confusion and chaos. :)

Walkhardd
11-22-2011, 01:33 PM

Maybe that's the problem...you seem like a very nice guy, but most of ur posts are kinda ..umm..strange, tbh

On topic..thx for the info devs! Looks like I will be able to get a crafted lilith set before the next update! :)

Ixillicus
11-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Any word from the devs on whats going on? Is a patch coming?

Flip
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
We just pushed out a patch that should significantly increase the Legendary drop rate in Mt. Fang. Let us know how it feels! We also tweaked the Aunt Emma fight mechanics a little.

xxxmikelxxx
11-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Read my signature. If you have questions please message me.

CrimsonTider
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
And all is well again....

drewcapu
11-22-2011, 01:51 PM
We just pushed out a patch that should significantly increase the Legendary drop rate in Mt. Fang. Let us know how it feels! We also tweaked the Aunt Emma fight mechanics a little.

I hope that includes her reset mechanics

:D

Evaruss
11-22-2011, 01:51 PM

Thanks Flip, will let you know!

xxxmikelxxx
11-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Phoenix I was doing runs with you yesterday. Did you ever add me?

nomad187
11-22-2011, 02:34 PM

My original question has been answered. Thanks for the fix devs.

Time to lock this one up!!

Arod8ball
11-22-2011, 02:36 PM
i just did 1 run and no pink!... lol im just playing

thanks flip

arqueroverde
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Did about five runs on second floor and saw one pink drop, a Level 65 Sanguine Bat Wing to me. Woohoo!

Thanks for fixing the drop rate.

arq

shadowxclone
11-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Thanks very much for looking into this Flip and Sam and everyone else at STS. Now I can get back to farming and watching everyone but me get pinks lol

JaytB
11-22-2011, 08:07 PM

Can confirm that the drop rate was back to as it used to be, or even pinks seem to drop more. I communicated with several groups when the patch rolled out, and after hours of non stop playing I can definitely say that the drop rate 'problem' seems to be solved :D

Thanks for making that happen so fast after moving to your new offices. Shows you continue to hear your community!! Everyone was extremly satisfied after today's runs :)

Yvonnel
11-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Can confirm that the drop rate was back to as it used to be, or even pinks seem to drop more. I communicated with several groups when the patch rolled out, and after hours of non stop playing I can definitely say that the drop rate 'problem' seems to be solved :D

Thanks for making that happen so fast after moving to your new offices. Shows you continue to hear your community!! Everyone was extremly satisfied after today's runs :)

hehe! Flip bumped your rep!

And just like JaytB said, thanks you guys for being so responsive!

Swimmingstar
11-22-2011, 09:13 PM

Yay!