PDA

View Full Version : Better trading window

Sometacoz
09-07-2018, 01:07 AM
Hello Arlorians!!!
I have read the earlier threads about better trading windows and I think that at least we could have it showing the maximum and minimum price it was sold for in auc(in the past week to get rid of the circumstances when an item is new). This I think would in short help a lot and probably would be easier to implement. The designs proposed by others suggest a lot of changes but I kinda like the design of the current trading window. So if only that could be added to it that would be awesome.

Example of its crucial need:
I keep helping new players and recently met a French player whom I helped by teaching merching. But unfortunately for some stupid reason he liked to swap his heroics for stuff and I had to save him many times from being scammed. As in my earlier thread I told that I was out travelling and couldn't play with mobile data(pls fix it), I wasn't there to help him and guess what xD he ended up trading all his heroics and mythic for a creeping crawly pack just cuz there was only one in the auc that day for 2m and a scammer took advantage of it(I admit I forgot to mention to him the first rule if nver trusting the price of an item if there is only one in auc but I thought it was sensible)

So guys that was an example of a scam due to lack of info with new players and I also believe it could help other players too after reading the comments of people on the other threads. Please consider it.
Thank you
Sometacoz

Motherless_Child
09-07-2018, 10:47 AM
Hello Arlorians!!!
I have read the earlier threads about better trading windows and I think that at least we could have it showing the maximum and minimum price it was sold for in auc(in the past week to get rid of the circumstances when an item is new). This I think would in short help a lot and probably would be easier to implement. The designs proposed by others suggest a lot of changes but I kinda like the design of the current trading window. So if only that could be added to it that would be awesome.

Example of its crucial need:
I keep helping new players and recently met a French player whom I helped by teaching merching. But unfortunately for some stupid reason he liked to swap his heroics for stuff and I had to save him many times from being scammed. As in my earlier thread I told that I was out travelling and couldn't play with mobile data(pls fix it), I wasn't there to help him and guess what xD he ended up trading all his heroics and mythic for a creeping crawly pack just cuz there was only one in the auc that day for 2m and a scammer took advantage of it(I admit I forgot to mention to him the first rule if nver trusting the price of an item if there is only one in auc but I thought it was sensible)

So guys that was an example of a scam due to lack of info with new players and I also believe it could help other players too after reading the comments of people on the other threads. Please consider it.
Thank you
Sometacoz

The economy does not need regulation........

Scanning prices and displaying a CS sale history showing max and minimum sale prices subtracts a particular grandeur from the game.... Besides, it's an "auction", not a "retail store"..... "Auctions" is where individuals and sellers "themselves" come to terms on a "particular" price...........

Adding training wheels to the auction is not sufficient treatment for the actions of individuals who make illogical decisions in game, the best solution is to let them learn from their mistakes as they grow and advance.........

Alwarez
09-07-2018, 11:30 AM
The economy does not need regulation........

Scanning prices and displaying a CS sale history showing max and minimum sale prices subtracts a particular grandeur from the game.... Besides, it's an "auction", not a "retail store"..... "Auctions" is where individuals and sellers "themselves" come to terms on a "particular" price...........

Adding training wheels to the auction is not sufficient treatment for the actions of individuals who make illogical decisions in game, the best solution is to let them learn from their mistakes as they grow and advance.........

You sound like a mercher who makes his gold off people who play the game instead of sitting in town for years.

+1 for item price range in cs

Motherless_Child
09-07-2018, 11:35 AM
You sound like a mercher who makes his gold off people who play the game instead of sitting in town for years.

+1 for item price range in cs

I don't merch. I have nowhere near enough gold for that.

wowdah
09-07-2018, 12:26 PM
This has been suggested so many times, as well as many other suggestions here. However, no dev bothers to reply to these sorts of threads, so the community doesn't really know if they're going to or not: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?421553-Several-Detailed-Ideas-That-Would-Make-AL-More-Enjoyable/page2

Motherless_Child
09-07-2018, 12:36 PM
This has been suggested so many times, as well as many other suggestions here. However, no dev bothers to reply to these sorts of threads, so the community doesn't really know if they're going to or not: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?421553-Several-Detailed-Ideas-That-Would-Make-AL-More-Enjoyable/page2

Threads like the OP's thread are ridiculous and not worth "professional" time, which is probably a reason why STS doesn't respond to them. Instead, STS lets the "nobodys", like myself (LOL), throw in a word or 2 and maybe a pinch of "salt".... LOL...

Motherless_Child
09-14-2018, 05:02 PM
Each and every player should get an 'honesty score' (similar to kudos) that anyone can see which is based upon their trading history. If a player is proven guilty of misconduct/unfair trading after being reported they would lose points from their 'honesty' tally. This would be more beneficial to the newer players allowing them to see which players are more trustworthy than others

Why wouldn't that just lead to a perma BAN?????

Just curious.....

Tootex
09-14-2018, 05:12 PM
I shouldn't have put 'misconduct' in that post lol. For some reason my post has disappeared!

Motherless_Child
09-14-2018, 05:19 PM
I shouldn't have put 'misconduct' in that post lol. For some reason my post has disappeared!

LOL...... You probably messed up the rotation......... LOL..... J/K.....

Motherless_Child
09-14-2018, 05:24 PM

You should not have put "unfair trading" either........

badgirlchlo
09-15-2018, 12:27 AM
the trading window is fine, only thing that is annoying about it is bulk selling items like energy and awaken kits, wish you could just type in the amount and trade more than 4 each trade but it is what it is.