PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Banned Name So New User Can Use It.

kokok96
09-07-2018, 04:54 AM
It is possible to delete all banned names so we can use some new names not mixed letters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Azerothraven
09-07-2018, 04:58 AM
I would like that but I dont think it is a good idea.

People will just reserve names on alt and some will get greedy and sell.

Maybe Release all names and allow one name per account but that is still a lot of work.

EDIT:

Another idea would be to make people work for the ign. Hold events where people have to put effort to get ign so they will actually use them and not sell.

kokok96
09-07-2018, 05:01 AM

Maybe Release all names and allow one name per account but that is still a lot of work.

Yup.

EynSeren
09-07-2018, 05:01 AM

Agree to this :) Nice Idea

arcanefid
09-07-2018, 05:10 AM
It is possible to delete all banned names so we can use some new names not mixed letters.

It would do more harm than good I think, imagine having a popular scammer's name, everyone will report you.

QuaseT
09-07-2018, 05:23 AM
It would do more harm than good I think, imagine having a popular scammer's name, everyone will report you.Ye not only scammers. Just a name of an old user, who might has a new ign. Imagine someone got his old ign... a lot of trouble if u dont know who is who.

kokok96
09-07-2018, 05:35 AM
It would do more harm than good I think, imagine having a popular scammer's name, everyone will report you.

That’s why we have sts to check if they are really a scammer!

Sometacoz
09-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Well I personally won't compete for a "loser in real life" scammer's name

badgirlchlo
09-07-2018, 09:57 AM
A friend of mine was always trash talked because he changed his ign into a scammers old ign, there are good and bad sides to this and I understand why sts doesn't make them available, because in the end they're just names

Justg
09-07-2018, 01:27 PM
What do you guys think about a plat-based auction system for banned names?

Ravager
09-07-2018, 02:09 PM

In addition to this plat-based auction system, we should have a system, when we inspect the player, it shows the last few usernames this person has used. Either that or a unique player Id number because some people will swap back and forth a few times to "mask" the previous usernames used

Snowman Is here
09-07-2018, 02:26 PM

Wouldn’t this allow cheaters to buy thier igns back ?. I’d rather participate in an auction for limited Faces/Hairs similar to the vampire face instead of running around with some cheater’s old ign.

I also doubt the people who were affected by some of these cheaters/scammers would appreciate seeing their igns running around as well. Keep them banned.

Fyrce
09-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Ohhh auctioning limited faces. Interesting. Wouldn't this be like making limited time/event-based high-plat face vanity with limited availability in the plat store? Sounds cool, since they can already do it with chests. Maybe just 10 per event or something like that haha.

Azerothraven
09-07-2018, 09:19 PM
In addition to this plat-based auction system, we should have a system, when we inspect the player, it shows the last few usernames this person has used. Either that or a unique player Id number because some people will swap back and forth a few times to "mask" the previous usernames used

What’s your point bro? They can still do this now. Next time they will just be using plat to buy the ign so it’s good because they are losing more plat

instead of running around with some cheater’s old ign.

I also doubt the people who were affected by some of these cheaters/scammers would appreciate seeing their igns running around as well. Keep them banned.

No one is forcing you to bid for the ign so if you don't want to run around with cheater ign don't buy them. The people who are okay with this will be happy.

A special mask is an event for another time.

BRYBE
09-07-2018, 09:27 PM

Pls dont show username history e.e i hate other players knowing who i am when they saw my igns(not i am a scammer or whatever lol) its just pls forget the past :) and also some intermidate beggers do pm by looking ign that theyve saw in LB etc. Btw i changing my ign a lot like 10+ times every year and idc about short or op igns much

BRYBE
09-07-2018, 10:20 PM
Pls dont show username history e.e i hate other players knowing who i am when they saw my igns(not i am a scammer or whatever lol) its just pls forget the past :) and also some intermidate beggers do pm by looking ign that theyve saw in LB etc. Btw i changing my ign a lot like 10+ times every year and idc about short or op igns much

Oof i didnt think about a disable button of this feature xD

shadowronn
09-08-2018, 01:21 AM
Since we’re auctioning off banned IGN now, how bout LB vanity that were gone with some people who got banned? We can auction those off too

CouchPass
09-08-2018, 08:57 AM
ign's cause nothing but trouble, with an influx of newly released ign's comes a resurgence of name selling which completely destroy's AL socially.

Spheresome
09-08-2018, 09:17 AM
imo, even though some of you guys may want it, i personalyl think that it would be for the greater good if banned igns stayed banned

|Ares|
09-08-2018, 10:49 AM

Make it gold as well, another gold sink isn't a bad idea.

|Ares|
09-08-2018, 10:58 AM

EDIT:

Another idea would be to make people work for the ign. Hold events where people have to put effort to get ign so they will actually use them and not sell.

It already happened once and STS cleared that out - if u got yourself a name you can keep it but they won't do it anymore again, it caused too many problems about illegal name trading. Too many people were reporting to STS that just because they had a name saved on alt it was gone due to that event and they got it back. Many people abused the system with inappropriate names and got banned because of that (or in slight cases renamed). Some people just do giveaways others just give/gift names to eachother. Specific names might look more worth than the others because that does come up with the meaning, as for example nobody would like to run around with name "Desk" when u could get something like idk "Death" right? That leads to name trading so people can feed their ego. Personally I wouldn't like to see names left on a plat based auction where cost of it would probably reach let's say 2000-5000 plats just for the name. Imagine the drama if someone who lost a certain name would see someone else running with it around and went all rant about it. It would just cause too much unnecessary stuff. Just my opinion.

Rauitri
09-08-2018, 01:33 PM

Wow, now we're given an option to bid for names that once avoided ToS, but if you think about it, isn't bidding for names against ToS? Selling igns?

What ever happened to "buy/sell names is illegal, this includes the exchange of anything". You gave up on that? As long as you saw an unexpected oppurtunity that will get you alot of revenue?. Jokes on you breaking your own term?

But lets be realistic here, so aslong as its within the game it would now be fine? Regardless if people buy plat with real currency to purchase or bid for banned names? Yeah this is basically same thing that happens in illegal name selling, people bid in exchange for items, gold or real currency outside game using social media's etc. Aswell as overall increase the prices of names outside, thus incouraging more players into selling/buying or even hording names sigh. (I know this as someone explained).

Please don't be the role model of these acts that breaks your game. Unless all being cared about is plat revenue. [emoji54]

(Posted this just in-case you have it in mind, hopefully this shows you SOME consequences if such. Although this is my opinion about such implementation).

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Ticklish
09-08-2018, 01:48 PM

Hard no on this. I think it's best that names die with them. I understand that people want "cool" or short names, but all of this name craze is defeating the purpose of having something unique attached to one's toon. It's already difficult enough to keep track of people changing names every now and then, but those of us with long memories will always attach the personalities and histories of banned names to the original owners.

Black vodka
09-08-2018, 02:59 PM

Isn’t that going against your own TOS?

wowdah
09-08-2018, 03:16 PM
You've banned people in the past for selling/buying names. So why are you suddenly making that very act legal? Just because it'll get you guys more revenue doesn't mean it's right.

Avaree
09-08-2018, 03:50 PM

I support this, it would be a great tool to keep unwanted players from fl, possible scams, like “hey u remember me, lend me your set”........Also agree to the plat auction.

Iplo
09-08-2018, 05:17 PM
You've banned people in the past for selling/buying names. So why are you suddenly making that very act legal? Just because it'll get you guys more revenue doesn't mean it's right.
I think it’s illegal because you cant trade names in a trade window. So, trading and buying names causes much real money trading and scamming. If you could buy the name with plat from STS, there wouldnt be such problems.

Kaaziii
09-08-2018, 10:10 PM
Whoever that is supporting this thread just wanna grab those cool/deceptively pro names and keep it in their account and brag about it later(or u know what)
I am looking forward to see Arcane legends evolve from pay to win to Pay to enjoy

Gratz
I hope they don't add pay to login next year.

Lettuce Klaus
09-08-2018, 10:34 PM
No leave igns banned why would you want a ign of a person who was banned

wowdah
09-09-2018, 12:21 AM
How about pay to enter towns?

danishahmed
09-09-2018, 01:59 AM
What do you guys think about a plat-based auction system for banned names?only if u gonna hire some good designers for new good looking vanities and pets with that plat amount.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Oakmaiden
09-09-2018, 09:16 AM
I dont like this idea. I do not trust ppl who change their names. Seems like they are hiding the truth about themselves.

Ent
09-09-2018, 01:17 PM
I dont like this idea. I do not trust ppl who change their names. Seems like they are hiding the truth about themselves.

I always knew Baron had something to hide! he changed from baronb to blazinbaron to baron... Baron=true evil confirmed!

Ajcheisnj
09-09-2018, 01:34 PM
I always knew Baron had something to hide! he changed from baronb to blazinbaron to baron... Baron=true evil confirmed!
Such evils have no place in the peaceful and prospering land of Arlor!
Long live the king !!!

BRYBE
09-10-2018, 05:45 AM

This is actually good idea, players in here just have many perspective i bet if you really do this all those ign will be sold in sec

Azerothraven
09-10-2018, 06:55 AM
This is actually good idea, players in here just have many perspective i bet if you really do this all those ign will be sold in sec

Yes people will throw in tons of opinions but if actually done everyone will buy cuz they dont want to miss an opportunity like this. They will be sold fast af and it seems to me like a really need something like this in times like this.

BRYBE
09-10-2018, 06:56 AM
Yes people will throw in tons of opinions but if actually done everyone will buy cuz they dont want to miss an opportunity like this. They will be sold fast af

Yeah ifkr

Oof i cant wait to buy ign : Bad xD
Important thing is idgaf a scammer or whatever used this ign before :o

Azerothraven
09-10-2018, 07:12 AM
Wow, now we're given an option to bid for names that once avoided ToS, but if you think about it, isn't bidding for names against ToS? Selling igns?

What ever happened to "buy/sell names is illegal, this includes the exchange of anything". You gave up on that? As long as you saw an unexpected oppurtunity that will get you alot of revenue?. Jokes on you breaking your own term?

But lets be realistic here, so aslong as its within the game it would now be fine? Regardless if people buy plat with real currency to purchase or bid for banned names? Yeah this is basically same thing that happens in illegal name selling, people bid in exchange for items, gold or real currency outside game using social media's etc. Aswell as overall increase the prices of names outside, thus incouraging more players into selling/buying or even hording names sigh. (I know this as someone explained).

Please don't be the role model of these acts that breaks your game. Unless all being cared about is plat revenue. [emoji54]

(Posted this just in-case you have it in mind, hopefully this shows you SOME consequences if such. Although this is my opinion about such implementation).

Don't judge sts too hard... this is just an area to explore and was suggested due to the question asked. It is no definate.

But also consider,

We dont understand the financial situation sts might be in; this may not be because they want more money but need more. I cant say this for sure but they may not have a choice but to do this because soo many players exploited the game before and maybe they are not making as much money as before so it might be hard to keep the server up/ pay everyone or develop new games/update existing ones. A lot of the end game players dont buy plat like they used to before cuz they are already very rich and i see many complaints about plat offers so they are not effective as they used to be. I see some days have not logged on/ posted or active in chat for month so i assume they are on a break or has family emmergency for now ( I am stalker ik, i usually see what devs read and comment)

Encryptions
09-10-2018, 07:15 AM
I suggest not buying and selling igns at all for 1 and for 2 if people have an ign of someone who broke tos for scamming, harassing, account trading, or anything else they did then they will have tons of individuals pming them bad things because they have an ign of someone who did something bad.

Click the spoiler button :)!

Rauitri
09-10-2018, 08:00 AM
Don't judge sts too hard... this is just an area to explore and was suggested due to the question asked. It is no definate.

But also consider,

We dont understand the financial situation sts might be in; this may not be because they want more money but need more. I cant say this for sure but they may not have a choice but to do this because soo many players exploited the game before and maybe they are not making as much money as before so it might be hard to keep the server up/ pay everyone or develop new games/update existing ones. A lot of the end game players dont buy plat like they used to before cuz they are already very rich and i see many complaints about plat offers so they are not effective as they used to be. I see some days have not logged on/ posted or active in chat for month so i assume they are on a break or has family emmergency for now ( I am stalker ik, i usually see what devs read and comment)

If you were asked, would approach this path? Sell banned names for plat? Just because you assume that STS may not be generating "enough" revenue compared to before? Or to pay for their upkeep + invested profit?

You do know that the community were always giving thousands of ideas to make the game more fun, that in return would apeal to their clients? And yet they want to take the easy route, get rich by selling banned names, and the idea came from a random stranger. Not even themselves I assume.

Examples
- spend more time in designing pets, rather to make them heroic nor recolored nor same pets but different look.

- Investing on guides or content for new clients, perhaps they won't get any revenue for this or they would rather work on something for the Vets that can make them $$$? Which is wrong etcetera etcetera.

- Bring back Pvp. And yet they ignore this as they could forsee.

They're in-need of consideration of implementation of some ideas of the community that truly will make the game attractive. Communication is a must.

How I see it, if they weren't such greed before (started in 2016), when they introduced awakes that destroyed twinks, making them leave, event boss just for cap players, how repetitive the maps are now, or even the failed Dreamscape that further made their clients leave, then they wouldn't be financially unstable atm.

All laziness, whenever they introduce something, it was intended to either push away players or make them buy their product. Hopefully they can fix it with this expansion, not with selling names.

My 1st post was to encourage them that don't implement such, as they will get blinded by the revenue they've gotten and this will start another one etc. Example was the OP reroll event, 1 week became 2 weeks suddenly as they know they'll get tons of revenue.

If they have financial problems, shouldn't it be for them to strive for higher? Think and implement stunning content? As suppose to content that will make us leave? They need to be transparent, failure to do this will result players leaving also.

You covering for them even though majority didn't will only mean that it's a bad decision. You objectifying me w/o a suggestion for improving will only equal to nothing. What do you want next? Pay plat to make banned accounts unbanned? Pay plat to ban someone you don't like? Just to fix their "financial problem"?

Snowman Is here
09-10-2018, 08:06 AM

But also consider,

I doubt they are in “desperate times” and Justg was just SUGGESTING it but;
If they were in such desperate times, it’s their own fault. Sts is a company and if they cannot be financially stable it’s their fault, they also shouldn’t resort to breaking their own tos. Especially when the majority don’t approve of the suggestion.

Since you brought up the point of sts having many exploiters, do you seriously deny that introducing a platinum based auction for banned igns won’t bring in more ? It’s clear you really want some igns but it’s not what the game/community needs. I also added some suggestions of auctioning off exclusive character bound items likes Faces,Hairs,Emotes,Auras.

If sts truly needs some $$$ they know how to get it. Platinum Sale, Awesome Events, Vanity Sales, Key Crates, Double Boss Elixirs, ect. Im sure these will be 100x more worth it to buy platinum than some usernames with bad reputations.

Azerothraven
09-10-2018, 08:46 AM
I think people just over thinking it at this point and getting riled up based on their assumptions. These are NOT real consequences of what will happen and just a mere guess. I will settle with whatever action sts takes.

I would like some new ign and I am not too concerned about what other people think and I don't care if people message me and say uhh I got scammed 5 years ago. Just move on. I have lost over 100m to scams.

Bottom line, if you don't want an ign then don't buy it. The quoted line mentioned in ToS does not apply to sts but to the players, service is being provided. STS is entitled to change, modify or completely remove anything they feel without notice.

Snowman Is here
09-10-2018, 09:24 AM
“Mere guess”, just like sts needing more money is a mere guess based off of Justg’s suggestion.

The logical thing to do is to prevent any MORE scams happening. Ign buying/selling scams happen all the time, Unbanning igns will obviously feed into that.

If sts gave everything every individual player wanted then the game wouldn’t survive, sorry to be the one to tell you.

Gouiwaa9000
09-10-2018, 09:29 AM
if anything any kind of an auction system for ign will reduce name selling.... why would you buy it from someone and risk getting scammed/banned when you can you can get a good name in a legit way ?

Azerothraven
09-10-2018, 09:32 AM
“Mere guess”, just like sts needing more money is a mere guess based off of Justg’s suggestion.

The logical thing to do is to prevent any MORE scams happening. Ign buying/selling scams happen all the time, Unbanning igns will obviously feed into that.

If sts gave everything every individual player wanted then the game wouldn’t survive, sorry to be the one to tell you.

I am not looking to argue here or looking to rebuttal.
I have said enough and see what is "logical" to sts.

Snowman Is here
09-10-2018, 09:36 AM
if anything any kind of an auction system for ign will reduce name selling.... why would you buy it from someone and risk getting scammed/banned when you can you can get a good name in a legit way ?

Not everyone has the platinum to bid on igns in the platinum-based auction. The owner could also sell it for alot if he gets a specific ign.

octavos
09-10-2018, 09:46 AM

ah yes..a biding war.....mwahahaha

"side note"
it will be CRAZY if names go back on sale and many more forum rants on how they got bought out...id say..1st come 1st serve really.

WiiCarlim
09-10-2018, 09:50 AM
Good idea! Deleting names from inactive accounts would also be great.

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o Tapatalk

Sheentaro
09-10-2018, 10:23 AM
Good idea! Deleting names from inactive accounts would also be great.

Enviado de meu SM-G570M usando o TapatalkNope >.<

Sent from my SM-J200F using Tapatalk

shadowronn
09-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Its like this lots of plat for few ign or lots of plat for lots of keys, etc etc, , what ever is more profitable as long as it remains ethical, gmail could read all our mail, but i guess they don’t and wont, thats why we/I trust them, so id suggest STS should rather not auction names off.

|Ares|
09-10-2018, 10:45 AM
I think people just over thinking it at this point and getting riled up based on their assumptions. These are NOT real consequences of what will happen and just a mere guess. I will settle with whatever action sts takes.

I would like some new ign and I am not too concerned about what other people think and I don't care if people message me and say uhh I got scammed 5 years ago. Just move on. I have lost over 100m to scams.

Bottom line, if you don't want an ign then don't buy it. The quoted line mentioned in ToS does not apply to sts but to the players, service is being provided. STS is entitled to change, modify or completely remove anything they feel without notice.

U always have to brag about gold in any of your comments/threads right, this is getting boring. lol
Other way round stop pushing the idea of getting a name just because you don't have one. This is like 100% exploiting selfishness cause you probably would pull 20k plats for any unique name unlike others.
Fair given, fair taken. There are giveaways with names happening on events section from time to time, why won't u take a part in one and try win a name then?
#egoboosted

Terrorshock1
09-10-2018, 04:07 PM
What do you guys think about a plat-based auction system for banned names?[emoji48] i like this idea

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Spheresome
09-10-2018, 05:13 PM
I am not looking to argue here or looking to rebuttal.
I have said enough and see what is "logical" to sts.

I dont think there aer any problems technically that could happen from having old IGNs bought through the store. I do however, have a problem with the ehtics behind the idea. If sts were to legitamately sell igns to players through a store, it would essentially be a huge slap in the face to the player basis who has followed the TOS for all these years. They outlined these rules for the community, and they had no fear banning players who did in fact break these outlined rules. To make the same action that was against terms of service now legal simply because it will benefit the company is a huge sign of hypocrisy which many players will potentially dislike.

Continental
09-10-2018, 06:27 PM

"side note"
it will be CRAZY if names go back on sale and many more forum rants on how they got bought out...id say..1st come 1st serve really.

It is pathetic to rant for not being able to buy a name. People need to move on if they can't afford. complaining won't get them the ign.
I wont buy any ign but I think devs should do what they gotta do. It is their game after all. We ar just here for the ride.

U always have to brag about gold in any of your comments/threads right, this is getting boring. lol
Other way round stop pushing the idea of getting a name just because you don't have one. This is like 100% exploiting selfishness cause you probably would pull 20k plats for any unique name unlike others.
Fair given, fair taken. There are giveaways with names happening on events section from time to time, why won't u take a part in one and try win a name then?
#egoboosted

This does not seem like a brag to me but rather a response to previous comments. Also people are always selfish no matter what side they side with. I assume you are against this because you already have original names like "Ares and Mystery" so you just dont want others to have it and there is nothing wrong with that but I could be wrong since we are all just "assuming" here.

Continental
09-10-2018, 06:30 PM

"side note"

It is pathetic to rant for not being able to buy a name. People need to move on if they can't afford. complaining won't get them the ign.
I wont buy any ign but I think devs should do what they gotta do. It is their game after all. We ar just here for the ride.

#egoboosted

This does not seem like a brag to me but rather a response to previous comments. Also people are always selfish no matter what side they side with. I assume you are against this because you already have original names like "Ares and Mystery" so you just dont want others to have it and there is nothing wrong with that but I could be wrong since we are all just "assuming" here. I see most people who are anti this already have original igns so this seems very selfish to me cuz they dont want to spend plat or want others to have names like them.

Froze.Exe
09-10-2018, 06:36 PM
What about a namezavier...just like eggzavier...a boss that drop a chest with random names inside......so that everyone who participate has a chance to loot a cool name...hehe...

Pxoo
09-10-2018, 07:44 PM
what if someone who got banned lost his ign and gets unbanned then?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Azerothraven
09-10-2018, 08:25 PM

Are you retarded dude? Why the hell would I brag about losing 100m?? It is more shameful to admit something like this because I was too naive and trusting toward others.

Like conti said, you just don't want others to have ign cuz then names like "Ares, Mystery and Spectral wont be special anymore". I am not the only one selfish here. The Tos is just an execuse for you to remain exclusive. If you wanted others to be happy then you would say yes. If more people buy/sell ign then it is sts's concern not yours or anyone's else; I am sure they will think throughly before implenting something like this.

P.s. I have nothing against you guys so I am just expressing my views on your arguments not on you as a person. So dont be offended please.

Kairihearts
09-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Yea I like the idea especially because there's a ign I want but even if this did happen I wouldn't get it due to greedy plat buyers and horders who will try and sell the ign later on rip.

Masked
09-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Are you retarded dude? .....

Maybe you should ask yourself this. You are the player who started the "trust test", and many got scammed because of this. Well done.

shadowronn
09-10-2018, 09:58 PM
Are you retarded dude? Why the hell would I brag about losing 100m?? It is more shameful to admit something like this because I was too naive and trusting toward others.

Like conti said, you just don't want others to have ign cuz then names like "Ares, Mystery and Spectral wont be special anymore". I am not the only one selfish here. The Tos is just an execuse for you to remain exclusive. If you wanted others to be happy then you would say yes. If more people buy/sell ign then it is sts's concern not yours or anyone's else; I am sure they will think throughly before implenting something like this.

P.s. I have nothing against you guys so I am just expressing my views on your arguments not on you as a person. So dont be offended please.
What if he is? Whatchyu gonna do ?

Azerothraven
09-10-2018, 10:30 PM
What if he is? Whatchyu gonna do ?

I was just kidding but if he is then whatever I can to help so let me know <3

Ydra
09-10-2018, 10:41 PM

Could be dangerous ground. Sts might be incriminated for prioritizing banning of better names since they have a profit to gain from it.

BRYBE
09-11-2018, 01:19 AM
Could be dangerous ground. Sts might be incriminated for prioritizing banning of better names since they have a profit to gain from it.

Sure. Innocent shouldnt be banned..
Got banned cus you do something against tos. Not theyre banning players with nice igns..

flexible
09-11-2018, 03:33 AM
No,no,no oh did I say no? SOME Ppl are becoming salty on this thread due jealousy because of the op names some of us have :D

|Ares|
09-11-2018, 09:15 AM

You're such a delusional person, no comments.

shadowronn
09-11-2018, 09:18 AM
Maybe you should ask yourself this. You are the player who started the "trust test", and many got scammed because of this. Well done.

Shots fired ! *pew pew*

|Ares|
09-11-2018, 09:22 AM
Like conti said, you just don't want others to have ign cuz then names like "Ares, Mystery and Spectral wont be special anymore". I am not the only one selfish here. The Tos is just an execuse for you to remain exclusive.

You do realize that 95% of the "OG" names seen in game currently are the ones released that 1 night nearly 2 years ago right? So what's special in that? Lots of people saved many different names. This isn't my or anybody elses fault that people got banned with any of them. You would go full against bringing back old Leaderboard sets like let's say Medusa just because you probably own 1 set and you would rant all over forum if price of it probably dropped. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Azerothraven
09-11-2018, 09:37 AM
You do realize that 95% of the "OG" names seen in game currently are the ones released that 1 night nearly 2 years ago right? So what's special in that? Lots of people saved many different names. This isn't my or anybody elses fault that people got banned with any of them. You would go full against bringing back old Leaderboard sets like let's say Medusa just because you probably own 1 set and you would rant all over forum if price of it probably dropped. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Ahh I was wondering when u would come back online.

No I think lb vanities prices are ridiculous and have expressed many times to bring them back. Either way, the lb vanity prices are decreasing now. 13 months ago people would have paid 800m for ice golem/ spirit and now when selling people barely offer over 300m.

Sts has done a lot to reduce the gold in the economy and I believe this will continue which is why I sold a lot of LB vanities already.

P.s. I never ranted about price drop for any items since 2013. As a former merch, I understand the economy too well to rant so stop making stuff up and deviating from the topic here thanks. I am not delusional and I believe even if u dont admit or realise it u want to remain exclusive which is why u go through all these troubles to force your views on everyone. I am here just sharing my opinions; either way I am not too fussed if they are realeased or not but I think this will ultimately help sts more than harm.

arcanefid
09-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Are you retarded dude?

Hmmmm...

Lol.

Sheentaro
09-11-2018, 10:04 AM
mhmmm ill leave this here...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180911/e1f4c1b214ebec7a1f609bd31565982b.jpg

Azerothraven
09-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Hmmmm...

Lol.

Ahahhahahahha ikr

arcanefid
09-11-2018, 10:12 AM
Ahahhahahahha ikr

I have bad news for you.

|Ares|
09-11-2018, 03:46 PM
Hmmmm...

Lol.

On point Fid. Gracias

wowdah
09-11-2018, 06:25 PM
Just release the names for free, don't try to milk users for revenue, which gives those with the most plat etc. the advantage in getting the names.

kokok96
09-11-2018, 09:04 PM
my post lmao [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7] BUT YEAH PLEASE DELETE BANNED NAMES SO WE CAN USE SOME. THAT IS WHY WE HAVE STS TO CHECK WHO IS DOING THE BAD THING!

Kairihearts
09-11-2018, 09:58 PM
Just release the names for free, don't try to milk users for revenue, which gives those with the most plat etc. the advantage in getting the names.

Spot on :) ps: buying noodles

Dahades
09-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Sts not doing it, not worth the trouble :)

PostNoob
09-12-2018, 03:48 AM
If you do you should: include a way to tell it has been bought directly from you, and add names(if any) to lb event if they pertain to said event(Number 1 overall on leaderboard gets the name). That could create revenues without direct sales of the name and bypass the whole " this person is a scammer ect ect..".

I would say try the lb event reward and see how it goes? Might be some cool names available for Halloween rewards(just dont downgrade a lb reward to add in a name reward). The name should bring its own merit in the race to keep #1spot.

Anyway you would do it, i would say go for it but safety first.

Azerothraven
09-12-2018, 09:57 AM

Free is bad idea. Last time they released for free people complained soo much.

Free sounds soo good but I would prefer if they released for gold/ plat / event. Maybe even consider to make the names account bound to discourage selling names; I am aware people can still sell accounts etc.. but that happens now anyway so idk. we are just gonna have to take a chance.

|Ares|
09-12-2018, 10:29 AM

Free sounds soo good but I would prefer if they released for gold/ plat / event. Maybe even consider to make the names account bound to discourage selling names; I am aware people can still sell accounts etc.. but that happens now anyway so idk. we are just gonna have to take a chance.

How can you know how did that look before if you're complaining now that you don't have any free name?
Nobody complained, people were actually surprised and happy because STS did NOT announce it to the public. That because it was for Free and for Everyone.

Continental
09-12-2018, 10:40 AM
How can you know how did that look before if you're complaining now that you don't have any free name?
Nobody complained, people were actually surprised and happy because STS did NOT announce it to the public. That because it was for Free and for Everyone.

Actually if they give out free names, it will increases more name hoarders and people selling names. The gold and plat act as a restriction to prevent people from hoarding many names and instead just get a few they really want or use. I think people who dont get any name will complain.

badgirlchlo
09-12-2018, 10:45 AM
I have a garbage ign and I still think this is a bad idea, but if they do release it they can't make it free, how would they know to even give it to? not to mention people could just make multiple accounts and sell the names later

Kaaziii
09-12-2018, 12:36 PM

"Free is bad idea
Also free sounds soo good"
Also yea I have tons of gold, I lost 100m(also posted a pic before showing my assets) so I don't basically care if they release it for gold/plat/event.

The time had arrived to lock this thread.
It seems like 'some' are really interested in this thread and I m basically reading the same idea behind majority of these 80+ posts

Justg
09-12-2018, 02:17 PM
So what about auctioning off unused names from inactive accounts that people have been hoarding for years but not using?

Motherless_Child
09-12-2018, 02:49 PM
So what about auctioning off unused names from inactive accounts that people have been hoarding for years but not using?

Hummmmm... Someone brought up something VERY similar in the past...... I wonder who that was?????

LMFAO!!!!!!

Darkrai
09-12-2018, 03:04 PM

weren't those released like an year ish ago which in turn lead to an mass scale of name selling on outside sources? Like i personally have some names on other accounts i havent touched in years and waiting to use if i ever were to start an new toon or an friend/guildie wants an namesnd i bet more people have done this aswell. I get the idea behind it but it seems wrong to me. (ofc i can just log into all of them right now to make sure they arent 'inactive' but still that isn't the point)

Justg
09-12-2018, 03:04 PM
Hummmmm... Someone brought up something VERY similar in the past...... I wonder who that was?????

So we'll take that as a yes from you?

Thewolfbull
09-12-2018, 03:11 PM
Just do what you think is right, but if you do decide to do it let us know before doing it this time to stop the name hoarders :p

|Ares|
09-12-2018, 03:16 PM

How would that actually work? You set a certain name for let's say 24h bidding in store and highest plat bid wins at the end of it?

Tippertwo
09-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Ayy I'm fine with this :) But yeah I agree with OP, how will this exactly work? :v

Justg
09-12-2018, 03:23 PM
How would that actually work? You set a certain name for let's say 24h bidding in store and highest plat bid wins at the end of it?

We'd probably curate a set number of premium names per month and then run it like eBay (ie: last minute-snipes extend the bidding cycle).

Motherless_Child
09-12-2018, 05:15 PM
So we'll take that as a yes from you?

The "auction" part seems a bit fuzzy...... But not against it.

badgirlchlo
09-12-2018, 05:53 PM
We'd probably curate a set number of premium names per month and then run it like eBay (ie: last minute-snipes extend the bidding cycle).

This solves the bad reputation issue but the recreating a market of name selling is still prevalent

Fyrce
09-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Oh super interesting.

I thought it would be extremely problematic to put banned/scamming names back into circulation. I can just see those names passing hands multiple times and ending up banned again, not to mention the scammers would have a high interest in returning and obtaining their old names.

Unused, inactive names of unused, inactive accounts however does not seem as problematic as just normal name hunting that anyone can do. There probably are lots of good names there, since people try games all the time and then never come back. And while this might also run into the problem of being passed around, it does not have the initial stink of the banned names.

There is even a public interest in seeing names that have never been played much having a use.

Badzauberer
09-12-2018, 06:09 PM

Im saying yes.
Do it first.
We will see what will happen next.

Snowman Is here
09-12-2018, 08:26 PM

As chloe said, it’s better than the original suggestion but still feeds into marketing igns illegally. I also would like to ask, how exactly would this work ?

Will you go through all the inactive accounts and take only the “og” igns or whatever ign the account has ? What will happen to the accounts that have their igns taken away ? Doesn’t this prove that having “og” igns is better than a regular ign ?

Before players complained about being differentiated by expensive vanity, pets, gear now they’ll complain about having an “uncool” ign. Just my 2 cents, it honestly seems like you’re reaching with this “ign auction” suggestion at this point but do what you will.

Kairihearts
09-12-2018, 08:39 PM

Will you be letting us know what names yea? I'm excited hehe

Kairihearts
09-12-2018, 08:41 PM
Also please don't make it plat based insaid can you make is gold based? So EVERYONE has a chance please ?

Hope I asked nicely enough ;)

Azerothraven
09-12-2018, 09:21 PM

LMFAO!!!!!!

+1 to the inactive idea.

Here is the person who suggested this:

badgirlchlo
09-12-2018, 09:40 PM
Haven't devs said in the past that names do not have value and that they're just names none are better than others? My ign is in no way appealing but I don't think that any names should have a true currency value in the game.

flexible
09-12-2018, 09:51 PM
That's just absurd imho but hey your game your rules.

Spheresome
09-12-2018, 10:13 PM
Ok, ill sidetrack a little and say that I don't personally think names and igns should be the devs focuses right now. They should prolly focus on providing more content to players, and balancing the classes

Infectivity
09-12-2018, 10:32 PM
So what about auctioning off unused names from inactive accounts that people have been hoarding for years but not using?What If someones been gone for years and decides to play the game again only to see their names taken away? Also are names considered unused when the characters are below a certain level? (Inactive twinks).

I don't think anyone should be worrying about their name not being "og". All names are unique and there are no "better" names, although I get the appeal of a short or a meaningful name. But releasing/auctioning old names will cause alot of commotion with older players who might have seen those names before and therefore the names have an identity tied to them by their old users.

Snowman Is here
09-13-2018, 12:06 AM
Additional thoughts on Ign Auction:

Thinking about this platinum-based auction in the long run, how long can it last ? How many inactive accounts with multiple “og” igns are out there honestly? Also, say the auction was implemented, all the azerothravens are happy, now all the igns are sold out and basically hoarded on different accounts that paid a lot of platinum for them. So sts will sell hoarded igns for people to hoard again? I don’t understand.

Can there be some type of poll taken to see how many people would actually want an Ign Auction rather than some new limited time vanity/character customization sale ? Im sure plenty of people are happy with their ign and would prefer brand new items instead.

Spheresome
09-13-2018, 12:27 AM

Thinking about this platinum-based auction in the long run, how long can it last ? How many inactive accounts with multiple “og” igns are out there honestly? Also, say the auction was implemented, all the azerothravens are happy, now all the igns are sold out and basically hoarded on different accounts that paid a lot of platinum for them. So sts will sell hoarded igns for people to hoard again? I don’t understand.

Can there be some type of poll taken to see how many people would actually want an Ign Auction rather than some new limited time vanity/character customization sale ? Im sure plenty of people are happy with their ign and would prefer brand new items instead.

Yes we need a poll, this is obviously a very controversial topic within the community

Azerothraven
09-13-2018, 01:09 AM

A poll was suggested last night and devs said no to a poll. They argue it is very misrepresentative of the in-game population. An in-game poll was suggested by fid as well and they said that would be a disaster too.

Rauitri
09-13-2018, 04:23 AM
A poll was suggested last night and devs said no to a poll. They argue it is very misrepresentative of the in-game population. An in-game poll was suggested by fid as well and they said that would be a disaster too.If they say no to both, well this is unethical, specifically under the Belmont report, stating that there should be fairness in choosing participants choices if it something that originally belongs to a client of theirs. So basically an in-game poll would be the most appropiate, as the al game itself will have the most possible players that can participate in the poll as suppose to the forums.

For them to make the decision will be a 50/50 possibility for the community to either rage or are okay with it. As they're not considering the players that would either like it or not. So how would adding a poll be a disaster. Unless they're scared that twe wouldn't like it?.

And how are players that got their alts name stolen to be sold to others be rewarded?

shadowronn
09-13-2018, 05:03 AM
Best thing STS can do is to decided what “cool” IGNS are, and then look at all the accounts that were banned with strong proof, then maybe release those names for free, but not disclose what the names are so people who have an IGN in mind can/might get what they really want rather than just taking a name STS is selling, inactive players may or may not return so auctioning those names off will just be plain unethical and bad PR.

Black vodka
09-13-2018, 06:00 AM
What if the person who actually owned the name decides to come back to the game? Wouldn’t be really fair for the person who the name belonged to, to lose it due to some inactivity.

Azerothraven
09-13-2018, 06:23 AM
OMG I am soo sick of all these bs. Everyone just STFU and let sts do what they wanna do with their game.

Celeste
09-13-2018, 06:46 AM
OMG I am soo sick of all these bs. Everyone just STFU and let sts do what they wanna do with their game.

I don’t think anyone need to stfu. This is forum, and of course forums are meant for discussions, communications and opinions. Everything is not final yet and justg is probably trying to hear our opinions about it. But of course, sts has the last say to it. No harm giving opinions or discussing the pros and cons. If you don’t like what you read, then don’t read. You don’t have to tell them to stfu.

#justmy2cents

arcanefid
09-13-2018, 07:09 AM
I'm not sure what the big idea is with these names, but I think inactive names should become available for free to everyone once they hit that specific time of inactivity. No announcements about it. Nothing.

As an example, Fid doesn't log in for 2 years, and that toon is renamed to some random gibberish after 2 years, and also be given 30 Platinum in case they come back and want to change the name.

Whoever finds out that Fid is a free name, he or she gets it, and no big deal is made out of it. And when the real Fid comes back, he gets pissed that someone got his name and he will try to get it back, and that gets both parties banned.

Overall I just can't see anything good coming out of all this. I vote No to selling anything such as Accounts, Names, or whatever breaks the ToS.

Azerothraven
09-13-2018, 07:48 AM
I don’t think anyone need to stfu. This is forum, and of course forums are meant for discussions, communications and opinions. Everything is not final yet and justg is probably trying to hear our opinions about it. But of course, sts has the last say to it. No harm giving opinions or discussing the pros and cons. If you don’t like what you read, then don’t read. You don’t have to tell them to stfu.

#justmy2cents

Emphasis on bs. I still wanna hear some legit arguments not what could/ would/ should/ ifs. Everything is just repeating now.

Kaaziii
09-13-2018, 07:56 AM
Emphasis on bs. I still wanna hear some legit arguments not what could/ would/ should/ ifs. Everything is just repeating now.

Watch your language
This is a public discussion group where people around the world interact.
You been using words like ret**ded and act like we are doing this discussion to please you.
Ret**ded is rude word used to describe people with mental illness.This is considered to be offensive in my country, i dunno where u live but show some standard.

Encryptions
09-13-2018, 08:02 AM
Rip this thread in a few hours.

Azerothraven
09-13-2018, 08:43 AM
Rip this thread in a few hours.

Yes please RIP. Don't need more of this.

Screenshotz
09-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Nice discussion guys 4Head

Sheentaro
09-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Dear Devs, please close this thread. The atmosphere of this thread has gone too far. Hypocrisy and toxicity killed this interesting discussion. Just do what you think is right and beneficial for both parties. Thanks!

shadowronn
09-13-2018, 09:22 AM

Stop visiting the thread, youre welcome dear...

lissil
09-13-2018, 09:52 AM
Someone please clarify on this issue question. Have some names already deleted and made free for others to use? I saw an IGN of a banned friend gone from my list.

|Ares|
09-13-2018, 01:56 PM

Bipolarity disorder issue. lul

Oakmaiden
09-13-2018, 02:06 PM

You are loving every crumb of bs. You eat it by the spoonful.

Suentous PO
09-13-2018, 03:42 PM
Someone please clarify on this issue question. Have some names already deleted and made free for others to use? I saw an IGN of a banned friend gone from my list.

while back, old unused names were made available for a very short time until sts discovered bots sniping names to hoard/sell and ended it.
that may be involved idk

lissil
09-14-2018, 12:30 PM
while back, old unused names were made available for a very short time until sts discovered bots sniping names to hoard/sell and ended it.
that may be involved idk

I am aware of that one. This happened just this week so I am not sure if they did it again. Thanks though.

murte
11-11-2018, 09:49 AM
bump its good thread

PsychoNuke
11-11-2018, 10:53 AM
oh yeah, what happened to this thing?
I would like to buy an old ign that I used on a guest account and lost because I never associated an email to it xD

Ravisher
11-11-2018, 12:41 PM
seen a lot of real word ign's lately and i was surprised about them having that ign's in their alts. while i am here sitting with an x in the name. maybe it'll be better if old ign's of retired or non playing players since start wouldn't be recovered so people wouldn't have anything to complain on. have a good day!

Motherless_Child
11-11-2018, 01:53 PM
Bump.............................................. ......

Shadowfaux
11-11-2018, 09:47 PM
What do you guys think about a plat-based auction system for banned names?So a lot of these people got banned for trying to sell their names. And you're proposing that you guys sell them for profit, interesting...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

Motherless_Child
11-11-2018, 11:13 PM
So a lot of these people got banned for trying to sell their names. And you're proposing that you guys sell them for profit, interesting...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

LOL..... Bump......

Gangsster
11-14-2018, 11:44 AM
I find this a very bad idea
Yes banned players broke the rules but still they are or once were players of al.
If this happens it would just show how much sts cares for ALL its players past,present,future.
It would be better to keep it like how it is right now at least no one is livid at sts at most unhappy they can’t get good igns.
If people really don’t want to use mixed letter igns they can just put words together, all of us would be able to tell where the space is supposed to be without being told.
Lastly, this would just encourage people to buy and sell igns which is AGAINST Sts TOS.So now people find something else to merch without getting banned as they create many accounts and have multiple devices.

Azerothraven
11-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Bipolarity disorder issue. lul

I am legit starting to think this too

LegendaryLeo
07-15-2019, 07:53 AM
I suggest only picking the igns from accounts that were banned 'forever'.
Create riddle events and quizzes where players can actually use their intellect to solve and win these igns as reward.
But never sell them for platinum, it just shows a direct biased marketing strategy, even though the idea may be innocent.
Also, only remove the igns of inactive players if they are beyond a reasonably long time of inactivity, eg. 3 years.
thank you.

BeyondHope
07-15-2019, 08:06 AM
I don't want no scammers name thank you

LegendaryLeo
07-15-2019, 08:09 AM
Not all people who were banned were banned for being a scammer.
i personally know someone who was framed in a trade and got banned for saying 'HAHAHAHA'

Oakmaiden
07-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Lmao, should ban ppl for necro thread posting!

Remiem
07-15-2019, 11:50 PM
Oof. This was a mighty necro. Closed!