PDA

View Full Version : Old Pocket legends

xzLegendszx
09-09-2018, 07:26 AM
Is there anyone who wants old Pocket legends back? I need my Nostalgia...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit Tapatalk

Guanek
09-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Id lovee it if they could RESET Pl FULLY .
I wanna relive all of the events.. I wanna grind to levels instead of using devs...
I want to see those big heads...
If they did restart however that would grow the game since its very hard for a new player to start out in pl in this state.
However there are those people wholl mension that theyve wasted tons of money to have what they own right now.

I have no friends

xzLegendszx
09-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Id lovee it if they could RESET Pl FULLY .
I wanna relive all of the events.. I wanna grind to levels instead of using devs...
I want to see those big heads...
If they did restart however that would grow the game since its very hard for a new player to start out in pl in this state.
However there are those people wholl mension that theyve wasted tons of money to have what they own right now.

I have no friends I really do agree now you just need Dev to grind so fast and i do think that is really boring... and they need to give better quest rewards aswell.

I want to see big heads aswell...

XghostzX
09-09-2018, 12:03 PM
The recent events have been a nice gesture to the community, but I do admit they have been very stale lately. Even after all of the years I've put into my account, I honestly wouldn't mind restarting from scratch.

Guanek
09-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Exactly and i think you basicly made PL with your 300k total of plat purchases

I have no friends

Liquid777
09-09-2018, 02:06 PM
Dear Developer,

Would u still will bring back old vanity on new event or not?

Honestly i think it will be problem if we can still loot old vanity from past event on present event or next event.

I think it make the value go down. And i and other player honestly wont spend for plat if that vanity still continue lootable. Like vanity weapon, set, and other.

If that vanity still continously lootable, i prefer wait for low price than spend plat or participate on event for loot that thing from event or dungeon.

Cause useless time and plat for player.

Thanks

xzLegendszx
09-09-2018, 02:23 PM
The recent events have been a nice gesture to the community, but I do admit they have been very stale lately. Even after all of the years I've put into my account, I honestly wouldn't mind restarting from scratch.Yea lol i spent alot of time into the game and i don't care if i had to start again from scratch. Can we make a poll?

Guanek
09-09-2018, 02:26 PM
While having this argument got scammed 20m and a founder by a great friend... Thats how desperate the communitty is... Means thatnew players cant start.
I want it to start with Founders, get to 56 Cap, 66... And in 7 years well be here again(:
Id love a poll

I have no friends

xzLegendszx
09-09-2018, 02:43 PM
I like a poll where everyone can vote not in PL only.. maybe players from the other legend title would come back.

Guanek
09-09-2018, 02:48 PM
lets ask the devs to do one on forums

I have no friends

burntoutdex
09-10-2018, 04:29 AM
The economy is so over-inflated at this point that a new player has very little hope at ever attaining the best gear in the game (not including the added cost of 'op' enchants). A fresh start would be a cool way to level the playing field whilst also fueling everyone with a bit of nostalgia.

however this is extremely unlikely to ever happen; we can only wish at this point ;p

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 06:19 AM
The economy is so over-inflated at this point that a new player has very little hope at ever attaining the best gear in the game (not including the added cost of 'op' enchants). A fresh start would be a cool way to level the playing field whilst also fueling everyone with a bit of nostalgia.

however this is extremely unlikely to ever happen; we can only wish at this point ;pIt is possible only if the devs agreeing with it. Maybe they think that if we get the old PL back that we would quit because we got our nostalgia back and that is just wrong...

x-fun
09-10-2018, 08:47 AM
First of all the game is alive to this day thanks to those who are dedicated to buying plat and supporting so that we can have new content and keep playing. Some spent thousands, some spent a little bit from time to time and they add up to a great amount. Thats only the money side of the things, everyone who has played and mostly veterans today who has been playing for 6-7-8 how many years have put countless hours of effort into their every single lvl and piece of gear. Doing their quests, farming their kills in pve or pvp, getting their gears, collecting their favourite or rare vanities and built their characters and their efforts can not be replaced by anything. I was more kind to respond about this topic before when it popped from time to time but truth must be spoken at some point. What you are suggesting here is straight disrespect to everyones efforts, time, money and enjoyment. Because that you cant have what someone else has or you misssed something that could greatly help you to this day is not their but your fault and we do not deserve to suffer because of your loss. I myself have been playing for 7years and i missed both humania elites/faces and black dragon set/elite proc weapons because of my break but to this day i still see obtaining them as a goal and keep playing for it instead of asking for them to be brought back or game to be reset so i get another chance at it. I also spent thousands of plat to grind countless lvls and i dont agree on losing them.

If you are so concerned about so called "new players" "not being able to get anything" here are my suggestions for you. Instead of ruining the experience of vast majority and making them quit (just like what happens when supposedly discontinued stuff is brought back) and killing the game at one blow, you can proceed to do following:

1: Make a guild and accept new players into it and dedicate yourself into teaching them how the game/classes/merching works, organize small events for them to get some bonus gold to give them a boost, help them do runs and be their guide.
2: Make a discord server for new players and follow the steps in number 1.
3: Organize public events. If you are concerned about oldies stealing the loot, nothing stops you from dropping 100k-1m to a newbies pocket and make them happy.
4: All of you who like the reset idea, get together and start from scratch together and help each other for runs. Looks like you can make a 5players party.

I see a lot of people pulling the "but but new players" card to relay their desires so please proceed with one of the suggestions if you are honestly worried about them.

Guanek
09-10-2018, 08:49 AM
And if your favorite items werent tradable? Then what?
First of all the game is alive to this day thanks to those who are dedicated to buying plat and supporting so that we can have new content and keep playing. Some spent thousands, some spent a little bit from time to time and they add up to a great amount. Thats only the money side of the things, everyone who has played and mostly veterans today who has been playing for 6-7-8 how many years have put countless hours of effort into their every single lvl and piece of gear. Doing their quests, farming their kills in pve or pvp, getting their gears, collecting their favourite or rare vanities and built their characters and their efforts can not be replaced by anything. I was more kind to respond about this topic before when it popped from time to time but truth must be spoken at some point. What you are suggesting here is straight disrespect to everyones efforts, time, money and enjoyment. Because that you cant have what someone else has or you misssed something that could greatly help you to this day is not their but your fault and we do not deserve to suffer because of your loss. I myself have been playing for 7years and i missed both humania elites/faces and black dragon set/elite proc weapons because of my break but to this day i still see obtaining them as a goal and keep playing for it instead of asking for them to be brought back or game to be reset so i get another chance at it. I also spent thousands of plat to grind countless lvls and i dont agree on losing them.

If you are so concerned about so called "new players" "not being able to get anything" here are my suggestions for you. Instead of ruining the experience of vast majority and making them quit (just like what happens when supposedly discontinued stuff is brought back) and killing the game at one blow, you can proceed to do following:

1: Make a guild and accept new players into it and dedicate yourself into teaching them how the game/classes/merching works, organize small events for them to get some bonus gold to give them a boost, help them do runs and be their guide.
2: Make a discord server for new players and follow the steps in number 1.
3: Organize public events. If you are concerned about oldies stealing the loot, nothing stops you from dropping 100k-1m to a newbies pocket and make them happy.
4: All of you who like the reset idea, get together and start from scratch together and help each other for runs. Looks like you can make a 5players party.

I see a lot of people pulling the "but but new players" card to relay their desires so please proceed with one of the suggestions if you are honestly worried about them.

I have no friends

x-fun
09-10-2018, 09:18 AM
And if your favorite items werent tradable? Then what?

I have no friends

The only non tradable items are faces, honor shield, and i assume some of the tourney shields? (i never participated so correct me if im wrong) as i know. Honor was new and available as a prize for a good amount of time, tourneys are self explanatory they are supposed to be unique to winners and with faces i assume you would mean human faces. I myself am a huge fan of them too and i really wish i had a human bird face eventho it looks weird to some but that doesnt mean i should demand a reset because i cant use one face. Cinco was considering making faces a vanity slot, i dont know if the human ones will be tradable, or they will be at all but you get my point.

There are tons of mmos out there with years of history, they take massive amounts of grinding for both lvls and gears compared to PL and therefor the gap between a veteran and newbie is unexplainable but they dont go ahead and reset their data. Look at WoW, expansions come one after another, you can either pay with money or grind yourself to play for free and its doing well, Runescape just released a mobile version after god knows how many years and they still kept their old data for it aswell.

Fwend
09-10-2018, 09:56 AM
This is a very interesting idea indeed.

There was also a suggestion on another thread to create a new server from scratch for those nostalgic.

Either was there are pro's and con's to this concept. It will split the player base.

I'm just loving that so many do love PL and really want the game to gain more of a player base with all these new ideas.

Keep them coming.

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Helping others all the time thats not something that everybody wants to do. The devs can just create another server for PL not deleting everything in this PL. And even ghost who plays since the beginning wouldn't mind to start over again, i really think the most players would agree that The old PL should come back.

Cinco
09-10-2018, 03:01 PM
How do we keep from destroying the Pocket Legends player-base by dividing it with a duplicate game? You do care about this, right?

My suggestion to fix the problem would be to make "Old School Pocket Legends" a subscription based service (like $10 per month) that pays for its servers and provides a little profit for 'classic' or 'real' Pocket Legends.

XghostzX
09-10-2018, 03:11 PM
How do we keep from destroying the Pocket Legends player-base by dividing it with a duplicate game? You do care about this, right?

My suggestion to fix the problem would be to make "Old School Pocket Legends" a subscription based service (like $10 per month) that pays for its servers and provides a little profit for 'classic' or 'real' Pocket Legends.

That would be sweet, actually.

Is that something you'd ever consider doing?

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Im broke...

Edit: Wait actually i changed my mind i have money.

ponarr
09-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Yes please, I would pay

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 03:25 PM
But there will be no new players or??

Guanek
09-10-2018, 03:31 PM

My suggestion to fix the problem would be to make "Old School Pocket Legends" a subscription based service (like $10 per month) that pays for its servers and provides a little profit for 'classic' or 'real' Pocket Legends.Or make a seperate servee which would start from scratch.
Like the Fnord was.

I have no friends

Fwend
09-10-2018, 03:54 PM

What a wonderful idea. Thank you Cinco for caring.

Cinco
09-10-2018, 03:55 PM
That would be sweet, actually.

Is that something you'd ever consider doing?

If the price is right. Yes.

Splitting a significant portion of the population from the main game would need to come with a viable business upside ;-)

Cinco
09-10-2018, 03:55 PM
Or make a seperate servee which would start from scratch.
Like the Fnord was.

I have no friends

And charge $10 per month or so.

Cinco
09-10-2018, 03:56 PM
But there will be no new players or??

There would definitely be new players. Each player would be on the hook for the monthly subscription and that's how it would be made to work.

Guanek
09-10-2018, 03:56 PM
And charge $10 per month or so.How is it going to work?
Will there be any free trials?

I have no friends

Cinco
09-10-2018, 03:57 PM
How is it going to work?
Will there be any free trials?

I have no friends

Pocket Legends is already a 105 level 'free trial.' Right? Or do I not understand your question.

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 03:59 PM

My suggestion to fix the problem would be to make "Old School Pocket Legends" a subscription based service (like $10 per month) that pays for its servers and provides a little profit for 'classic' or 'real' Pocket Legends.$5 per month is perfect. Or give everyone 30days to test the game.

Guanek
09-10-2018, 04:01 PM
First thank you for being active on the PL forums.
Second if there isnt a free trial ehich after it expires it charges you, we will not know what were paying for.
Pocket Legends is already a 105 level 'free trial.' Right? Or do I not understand your question.

I have no friends

Cinco
09-10-2018, 04:02 PM
$5 per month is perfect. Or give everyone 30days to test the game.

I don't think we can pay for the servers at $5 per month - which is why I mentioned the $10.

Free trial, etc. could be designed but it would be much more limited. As you know 30 days is an enormous period of time for a pro player. Limiting to 3 days or to Level 10, etc. would be better.

Cinco
09-10-2018, 04:03 PM
First thank you for being active on the PL forums.
Second if there isnt a free trial ehich after it expires it charges you, we will not know what were paying for.

I have no friends

You can know up-front that you're paying for Pocket Legends Classic at $10 per month - there would be nothing hidden ;-)

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 04:03 PM
I don't think we can pay for the servers at $5 per month - which is why I mentioned the $10.

Free trial, etc. could be designed but it would be much more limited. As you know 30 days is an enormous period of time for a pro player. Limiting to 3 days or to Level 10, etc. would be better.True i agree with you.

Guanek
09-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Cant wait then :3
You can know up-front that you're paying for Pocket Legends Classic at $10 per month - there would be nothing hidden ;-)

I have no friends

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 04:05 PM
How long would it take to get Pocket legends Classic out? And will we see big heads?

Guanek
09-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Can we get more info on what would be in it?
Will it be a restarted version of PL?
Will we have em big events and everything will go in the course of things as it used to?
Will Founders be receivable if you start playing in the 1st month?
Will you get A COP if you max out in the first week and such?

I have no friends

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 04:14 PM
It shouldn't start Classic with max level is 105 that ruins everything...

XghostzX
09-10-2018, 04:29 PM
If the price is right. Yes.

Splitting a significant portion of the population from the main game would need to come with a viable business upside ;-)

Yeah, absolutely. If this is something you would seriously consider making down the road, I would love to see a facilitated discussion about the expectations/what players are really looking for. Particularly a discussion about what the max level should be (I really, really loved that 56 cap...)

Cinco
Can we get more info on what would be in it?
Will it be a restarted version of PL?
Will we have em big events and everything will go in the course of things as it used to?
Will Founders be receivable if you start playing in the 1st month?
Will you get A COP if you max out in the first week and such?

I have no friends

If we did it we would just do a 'clean slate' version of Pocket Legends' content spanning Levels 1 to 25 (or so).
I'll have to think about whether or not Founders, COP, etc. would even make sense in this version of the game.
Events were not part of old school PL, so I wouldn't expect to see them in the subscription product.

Devaux

So wait...does this mean a PL 2 or something else is in the pipeline!? Amazing!

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 04:31 PM
But maybe mini events?

burntoutdex
09-10-2018, 04:33 PM
A subscription based Pocket Legends would be awesome, I hope it gets considered

XghostzX
09-10-2018, 04:40 PM
If we did it we would just do a 'clean slate' version of Pocket Legends' content spanning Levels 1 to 25 (or so).
I'll have to think about whether or not Founders, COP, etc. would even make sense in this version of the game.
Events were not part of old school PL, so I wouldn't expect to see them in the subscription product.

Span it to 56 :D

Escanor
09-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Im broke...

Edit: Wait actually i changed my mind i have money.

Free trial, etc. could be designed but it would be much more limited. As you know 30 days is an enormous period of time for a pro player. Limiting to 3 days or to Level 10, etc. would be better.

Stop being too nice... The game paying fee should be 20$ per month or 20 the first month, then 15 while the months pass

Draebatad
09-10-2018, 04:51 PM

Love your sense of humor.

It'd be a ton more work than it's worth and the ROI wouldn't be there. It'd be a super small community that would quickly fade away and end up like PLA, emptiness. 2010 is long gone and so are those millions of players. Embrace the present, folks.

Escanor
09-10-2018, 04:53 PM

It'd be a ton more work than it's worth and the ROI wouldn't be there. It'd be a super small community that would quickly fade away and end up like PLA, emptiness. 2010 is long gone and so are those millions of players. Embrace the present, folks.

Bro you can't expect everything to not succeed

xzLegendszx
09-10-2018, 04:53 PM

It'd be a ton more work than it's worth and the ROI wouldn't be there. It'd be a super small community that would quickly fade away and end up like PLA, emptiness. 2010 is long gone and so are those millions of players. Embrace the present, folks.No Nostalgia ;(

Irishcow
09-10-2018, 05:06 PM

I was just wondering, don't you buy PL items with real money?

Crybabyalert
09-10-2018, 05:41 PM

I’m sure people enjoyed them caps back then but it’ll be a different story when such few players will be on to pvp. Wanna experience the Old school pvp make tournaments in such levels and have heavy restrictions. Make friends or make a pvp guild and get together and play them old levels together that’s bout as good as it’ll get if a remake got released. If not less players considering the subscription

Yogaa
09-10-2018, 05:49 PM

Let’s give it a try :), yayyyy now I can farm black dragon again ^_^ and humanian face will be available again :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

x-fun
09-10-2018, 06:37 PM
As much as it sounds doable im concerned about siplitting the playerbase, doubt we have the luxury to do so. Only way i can see it working is by somehow using that one to advertise/promote the original server. Otherwise i can imagine people trying it out and get bored of repeating the old stuff after first few weeks of excitement.

Draebatad
09-10-2018, 07:46 PM
As much as it sounds doable im concerned about siplitting the playerbase, doubt we have the luxury to do so. Only way i can see it working is by somehow using that one to advertise/promote the original server. Otherwise i can imagine people trying it out and get bored of repeating the old stuff after first few weeks of excitement.

While cute, it's just not a very well thought out idea. The community is scant enough right now. It would not be a money maker. The subscriptions would be insufficient, and the hype would die down quick. Tragic.

Right now, with all of these awesome events, I'm confident that PL is generating good revenue, good enough to keep events going every two weeks. That fact speaks for itself. And we're definitely enjoying the new features, vanities, events, and the endless updates. Words can't express our gratitude.

It's about moving forward, not backwards. I'm sure the powers that be have some great ideas for new games that have the potential to become very successful.

For example, what about PL 2? Upgraded graphics and sound, all new quests, events and campaigns, continues where PL left off, the saga continues. This is progress. If designed, executed and marketed properly, the potential for a huge ROI and player base is definitely there!

burntoutdex
09-10-2018, 09:23 PM

As much fun as it would be to have an OSPL, you do have a very valid point here. It isnt 2010 anymore, would people even enjoy PL in that state after the nostalgia wore off and with a much smaller playerbase?

plpr
09-10-2018, 09:45 PM
I'm perplexed because we are playing old school PL lol. If you miss a level then make it.If you miss leveling then get some friends and only use what you loot. Why pay for what you already have for free.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

ponarr
09-12-2018, 05:30 PM
Span it to 56 :D

I agree, I'm down for that

xzLegendszx
09-13-2018, 01:37 PM
I need Nostalgia Pocket legends doesn't look so good now.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180913/30ae33e30a668c06c1c3a85ba26f5aed.jpg

Man Dark legends is rising xd.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180913/f3c66b99694a27ad9b058fd261956409.jpg

MageFFA
09-17-2018, 08:54 AM

I rather pay a $100 Subscription a month then play what this game has become now. As of the moment I've actually/legit quit from this game.

xzLegendszx
09-17-2018, 09:00 AM
I rather pay a $100 Subscription a month then play what this game has become now. As of the moment I've actually/legit quit from this game.True i really got bored sadly...

Trenton
09-17-2018, 09:54 AM
True i really got bored sadly...

Gesendet von meinem SM-G960F mit TapatalkDoes that mean it's time to move on? When you've gotten bored of the game and other people haven't?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

combomage
09-17-2018, 12:10 PM
The idea of an old version of pocket legends is great. My problem with new pocket legends is that I think the events are all the same. New vanity sets that cost plat for the tradeable version. People who did not spend plat on elexiers and had no access to games with other people that had plat elexiers were simply excluded from the event. The concept of new vanities is nice but the fact that you have to pay money to get them is just ridiculous. I really wish you could turn back time and just get an older version back.

Fwend
09-17-2018, 03:29 PM
I had many friends who let me farm with them during this event who used plat. And I'm very thankful to them.

I enjoy the events extremely.

The new vanity set from the vendor, we are at least given an option to have it via gold. We can not trade nor stash it and its understandable.

In the past cool new vanity items where plat based only and account bound. I'm very happy with the gold bought versions. Plus you have the opportunity to buy the plat versions for gold off others who do support the game and purchase plat.

Assault
09-17-2018, 03:39 PM
The recent events have been a nice gesture to the community, but I do admit they have been very stale lately. Even after all of the years I've put into my account, I honestly wouldn't mind restarting from scratch.

The problem I see is that, nobody wants to get into a game 8 years old, where everyone is so far progressed

xzLegendszx
09-18-2018, 09:13 AM
The problem I see is that, nobody wants to get into a game 8 years old, where everyone is so far progressedI would.

xzLegendszx
09-23-2018, 11:32 AM
Man PL is losing players fast...

Draebatad
09-23-2018, 01:12 PM
Man PL is losing players fast...

It's not like an alternative server would change anything for the better. Just might exacerbate the issue.