PDA

View Full Version : pink drop rate (my opinion)!

LwMark
11-20-2011, 05:03 AM
Ive seen plenty threads about not seeing pinks blh blah
Wellll....
About time!
There pink!
There legendary!
Arent they suppose to be hard to get in the first place!
Ive already got 6 pinks from mt fang!
Im glad theres not alot goin around an harder!
Ive actually seen more pinks then purples!
So thx sts keep it like this!
i dont play SL at all but ive read forums and it seems like there legendaries are actually legendary and hard to get! Isnt that how it suppose to be am i wrong!? Someone tell me!
I honestly think pink rates should be less avaible it makes PL funner an somethin to work for !
Once again my opinion!

Skeletonlord
11-20-2011, 05:10 AM
So you like how pinks are dropped? I've only had 1 Mt Fang drop and that was a Regal Shield Of The Dead level 61. I personally think there should be more pinks than there is currently.

Ellyidol
11-20-2011, 05:10 AM
I agree that the pinks are meant to be legendary, but the implementation was wrong IMO.

I think the main displeasure of the forum posts come from the fact that 61-64 pinks are anything but legendary, then you get to 65 where they are "too" legendary.

I've stated before that I admire the rarity system of SL, and hoped that it could be brought to PL, but if it is, IMO, it should be applied across the board and not just on the top pieces.

It's like serving a meal with amazing appetizers continuously, then when the entree comes it takes hours. You're appetite is ruined.

Gaddy
11-20-2011, 05:20 AM
So.... Exactly why do some people think Legendary Items shouldn't be more rare? 'cuz they want them? Uh... Not a very compelling reason, folks...

I, too, have seen more pinks than purples and yellow crafting items. That's just not right.

Keep 'em rare, I say. Make 'em even rarer, why not!?!?!

Ambrogino
11-20-2011, 05:54 AM
So.... Exactly why do some people think Legendary Items shouldn't be more rare? 'cuz they want them? Uh... Not a very compelling reason, folks...

I, too, have seen more pinks than purples and yellow crafting items. That's just not right.

Keep 'em rare, I say. Make 'em even rarer, why not!?!?! Because less people quit when they're happy. Spending 5 hours to get one pink you want can be fun but when u have to spend 45 hours its not fun at all imo.

xXDamonDXx
11-20-2011, 06:07 AM
PL is too far in. Nothing from SL drop system should be added. It would mess PL up badly if it was implemented this far in.
(The reason you don't see many purples drop is because there are only those helms anyway lol)

And yeah pinks are suppose to be rare, but imo not as rare as SL.
With new levels coming about every 3 months to PL having pinks being too rare is just stupid. There would be no time to collect the whole set let alone craft it. People who have bad luck or not much cash or those who can't play for hours a day would be finished. I suppose you would see just 1 bit of a set at 3-4mil so you would need like 12mil to buy the set if you couldnt farm it lolz.
It would also jack the prices of other items below pinks up. It wouldnt be be fun to farm anymore.
Basicly would ruin pl completely.

Keep it as it is, and maybe put the rates of 65 drops up a little so we actually have time to get the set and craft it before the next level.comes out. ;)

lol... really make them more rare? Haha. :D

LwMark
11-20-2011, 07:53 AM
Ive gotten 5 pinks since mt fang released

Ixillicus
11-20-2011, 07:55 AM

Pinks were more common before last patch. I bet you haven't gotten 5 this weekend

SuperNas
11-20-2011, 08:03 AM
It's legendary for a reason

JaytB
11-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Where these 5 pinks lv65 set pieces? I think not, and that's the only thing people are complaining about. Nobody's complaining about drop rates for 61 or 63 pieces. Anybody can get 5 of those if they just level slow enough or keep a char <64. These aren't even rare compared to 65 pieces. If, after 2 weeks of people farming hardcore there aren't even ANY complete 65 sets for sale for all classes (check cs if you want), then there's something wrong IMO. If the level cap increase comes after 2-3 months, end-game sets will be useless again. If it takes 1000's of people farming for months to get 5 sets in the entire game, then what's the use of it?

im4broke
11-20-2011, 09:44 AM
Are you still under level 64? I noticed in your sig that you are 60. The drop rate is much better for 61 and 63, most of what people are saying is that when you hit 65 they dry up too much. I collected 33 pinks from Mt Fang, 12 of them drops before the last update while I was locked at 62. During this time there were several 65 and up in the runs and I saw only one pink recipe drop for one of them. 12 for me at 62 vs 1 for 65-66...that's a huge difference.

1337arded
11-20-2011, 10:27 AM
Maybe they aren't planning on new content for a bit and thats why drop rates are low...

Ambrogino
11-20-2011, 01:02 PM
Where these 5 pinks lv65 set pieces? I think not, and that's the only thing people are complaining about. Nobody's complaining about drop rates for 61 or 63 pieces. Anybody can get 5 of those if they just level slow enough or keep a char <64. These aren't even rare compared to 65 pieces. If, after 2 weeks of people farming hardcore there aren't even ANY complete 65 sets for sale for all classes (check cs if you want), then there's something wrong IMO. If the level cap increase comes after 2-3 months, end-game sets will be useless again. If it takes 1000's of people farming for months to get 5 sets in the entire game, then what's the use of it?agree 100%

Walkhardd
11-20-2011, 01:09 PM
Ive seen plenty threads about not seeing pinks blh blah
Wellll....
About time!
There pink!
There legendary!
Arent they suppose to be hard to get in the first place!
Ive already got 6 pinks from mt fang!
Im glad theres not alot goin around an harder!
Ive actually seen more pinks then purples!
So thx sts keep it like this!
i dont play SL at all but ive read forums and it seems like there legendaries are actually legendary and hard to get! Isnt that how it suppose to be am i wrong!? Someone tell me!
I honestly think pink rates should be less avaible it makes PL funner an somethin to work for !
Once again my opinion!

we are talking about the drop rates being too low for level 65..im sure none of those 6 pinks you have are set 65 gear...just look in cs..i still have never seen a level 65 lilith robe

LwMark
11-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Lvl 65 orlock helm

LwMark
11-20-2011, 01:48 PM
An yes i have 2 chars one at 65 an one at 64..i just dnt have a computer to edit sig..b glad to show u ingame.but can really bcuz everyone caan say bought in cs..so idk..i get lvl 65 pink drop rates are low since everyones sayin it.has devs said anythin about this?have they said its true?if not i wonder when theyl reply to everyone

NECROREAPER
11-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Funny thing is, for bears at least, the lvl 63 items are better than the 65 items.

JaytB
11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
I am making a thread on this right now. Why this is bad.

Hey migo, can you post that in this thread, if it's relevant that is: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=42942

Devs have been notified of that thread, so it could be useful to keep al info in there instead of making another thread about it, wouldn't you agree? :)

noobmigo
11-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Hey migo, can you post that in this thread, if it's relevant that is: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=42942

Devs have been notified of that thread, so it could be useful to keep al info in there instead of making another thread about it, wouldn't you agree? :)

Yeah, I saw that. Deleted my post.

>:)

Thanks dude!