PDA

View Full Version : question for the devs

MightyMicah
11-20-2011, 07:36 AM
This thread is simply an intro to a greater thread I will hopefully make later, however I won't make this other thread until I have this question answered.

Dear devs,

If the community of Pl, in and out of the forum, is unanimous in an idea for the game will you change the game accordingly? What idea am i speaking of? Refer to Gluttony's thread/blog (I can't remember which) called "If it ain't broke...(comprehensive list of unnecessary changes)." I'm not trying to drag Gluttony into my campaign at all, simply he sums up what I want you devs to fix. If anyone's too lazy to go there (I probably would be...:/ ) I can briefly explain what he mentions are "unnecessary changes." Level 1 twinking, xp lock disables kills, and scale farming.

Dear members of the community,

Please don't flame, If you wish to discuss and reason, (perhaps you think it would be better if things stay the way they currently are) please save your discussion for my next thread. Remember I may just give up if the devs have no intention of changing things regaurdless of what the community thinks about these particular issues.

Thank you all for wasting your time reading this thread (lol nah not really wasting ;) Hope you all have a great day and a great thanksgiving!

Skeletonlord
11-20-2011, 07:50 AM
It depends on the idea.

MightyMicah
11-20-2011, 08:11 AM
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear :/ the idea is that we change those three implements back to original form. So allow level 1 twinks to access stash, allow xp lock to gain kills, and allow scaling to only be when the group is all a certain level. Make sense?

Skeletonlord
11-20-2011, 08:27 AM
Perhaps I didn't make myself clear :/ the idea is that we change those three implements back to original form. So allow level 1 twinks to access stash, allow xp lock to gain kills, and allow scaling to only be when the group is all a certain level. Make sense?

Yes it does now.

Ellyidol
11-20-2011, 08:31 AM
I don't think the devs would just immediately revert back to the old system due to majority decision, UNTIL they fully disclose exactly why they did it. If the devs come out and say, we did this for the long-term health of the game, for overall balance, or something that goes on behind the curtains that we don't see, maybe the players would be more understanding on why they did this.

I'm not saying yes they should change it or no they shouldn't change it, I just think that there's something they see that we don't.

MightyMicah
11-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Good input elly, I've always liked yours.

Gluttony
11-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Devs don't generally respond to threads like this, in fact they usually change the name to reflect the content if anything at all. I appreciate the fact that you mirror my blog with a thread, but you don't actually add any content and if devs are going to respond then some suggestion as to how a compromise may be helpful. Purely asking to change it back or I'll quit probably won't yield much in the way of change, but enjoy the rep the thread may bring GL.

I don't think the devs would just immediately revert back to the old system due to majority decision, UNTIL they fully disclose exactly why they did it. If the devs come out and say, we did this for the long-term health of the game, for overall balance, or something that goes on behind the curtains that we don't see, maybe the players would be more understanding on why they did this.

The blog (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/entry.php?100-If-it-ain-t-broke...-(Comprehensive-list-of-unnecessary-changes)) that this thread refers to alludes to why the changes were made: stash was revoked due to an exploit where players could stash the freebee pots offered from start, xp disabling kills was removed to "preserve the leaderboard" and the scaled items is probably due to the outcry of the Halloween event. Here is a bit of proof for the first two:

Sorry, this was to fix an exploit where users would create a new character, visit the stash to store the new character's gold/potions, delete the character and do it all over again.

No point in kill farmers anymore, as characters with xp turned off no longer gain kill stats. We want the leaderboards to mean something beyond who can farm the most with xp turned off.

Both of these issues were addressed by devs in my thread End of twinking? (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34814-End-of-twinking) and the thread Newest patch (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34801-Newest-patch) by Apocolypze aka Twinkenstein.

MightyMicah
11-20-2011, 07:49 PM
I agree gluttony, though I was hoping by some miracle they might answer. You misunderstand me about the point of this particular thread. This was solely and only for the purpose of saving me time. I have hardcore evidence in the making, just dont wanna waste time presenting it if the devs won't even care...