PDA

View Full Version : Loot Distribution

Suzume
04-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Have loot be distributed in a round-robin sense, not random, so everyone gets loot from the dungeon instead of one person randomly getting every piece.

darrensmith016
04-15-2010, 11:07 AM
It would be good if there was a greed/need button on loot

_ck
04-15-2010, 11:33 AM
I just wrote this in another thread, I may as well put it in here too:

Lot distribution is a complete lottery. I wish the system would take things a little bit more into consideration in regards to who have already gotten loot, because if you're only 3-4 players the odds of one person getting most of the loot isn't particularly improbable. I've been in games where others have gotten all the loot, where one person got 4+ pieces in a row and even games where I've been the one getting 4 pieces in a row.. It'd be nicer if having gotten loot lowers your odds of getting it the next time.

For example, if we have four players, and it's random, each person has a 25% chance of getting it. Player A gets the first piece of loot, and so his odds for the next piece of loot goes down to 10%, and the others increase to 30% chance. Player B gets the next piece, so maybe then the two loot-less players each get a 35% chance of getting the third piece of loot, while the two who have already gotten some split the remaining percentage.. And so on. It could still mean Player A gets the first two pieces of loot even if he only had a 10% chance after his first loot, but at least the odds would be a bit more evenly spread out among all the players, instead of there being some games where the random chance ends up falling on one player over and over.

darrensmith016
04-15-2010, 04:21 PM
need or greed, but should be made so if you press need to much you lose your chances of getting any loot

Jetshrike
04-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I agree thr loot syststem should be changed to make it fairer, but how? If you award it to the person who killed the monsters that just brings in the problem of ksing and the fact some builds aren't build for killing (buff enchantresses). Maybe some system could be devised combining buffs dealt and damage done?

Flamin
04-15-2010, 06:03 PM
Here is a few ideas about the trading system. Please could someone organize and reword this post.

ok ill guess go with a quick basic rough trading system, then in about 1 or 2 weeks, or so, I would like to see a separate chat channel for trading, wisper chat (where you can talk to a specific player), messaging (where you can send players messages when they are online or offline), and there should be a need/greed/pass system, also there should be a different solo level for each class in each dungeon (so players can get items for their own class). Then later on there should be an advanced trading system which includes all our ideas.

two things I think would be easy fixes are that players should get loot according to their class, if two or more players are the same class in a dungeon then it would be just random which player of that class gets the item, or they could say need/greed/pass, then if two or more players say need then the item would randomly go to one of the players that said need.
If that system takes to long to make and is to far in the future then just make it so that players get items according to class and if two or more players are the same class then the item would randomly go to one of the players of that class, or there would be turns on who get the item so that one person does not get most of the items in the dungeon.
If that system takes to long to make and is to far in the future also then there can just be turns on who gets an item, or just a simple need/greed/pass system. And also in the future you guys could make a grand exchange/auction house in addition to the regular trading and looting system. You guys could combine all of these ideas to make it into a ultimate advanced trading and looting system.

FeralDruid
04-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Loot needs a Ninja button.

Ninja -> Menu -> Exit Level

KronicDecay
04-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Speaking of loot distribution..... I'm sick and tired of these level 1 idiots joining in the crypts levels and taking the loot and not to mention taking the place of someone who can actually help!!!! I'm sorry I'm venting here but something needs to be done about this please.. I lost 3 epic items to a level 1 who just sold them..

Deathshock
04-15-2010, 08:19 PM
In my opinion, the random loot system is fine, the issue that really needs to be addressed is the fact that we can't vote-kick yet

Buvet
04-15-2010, 09:17 PM
Haha, that's certainly an issue, but probably one for another thread.

I think that because of the new trading system, randomization will become much more balanced because characters with weapons that don't line up with their class can sell them off to others.

Zithorio
04-16-2010, 12:08 AM
Why not just have a simple need/greed/pass system that checks if the "needers" are of the same class that the item requires, and then which of the needers is the closest in level to the item. This way, the person who can use it, gets it! Problem solved! Not that hard people... Then when trade comes out, it would be like killing to spiders with one fly swatter (I don't like the idea of killing birds). As for the "greedy", need overrules unless passed by the player that would have gotten it. And for the passers, well pass the item along until someone doesn't pass. To make it safe, the need/greed/pass function only pops up when all aggro is decommisioned and incapacitated.

setec
04-16-2010, 12:10 AM
For one, with the amount of slaughtering occurring on some maps, I don't want to have to hit a button for every enemy that dies to decide need, greed, pass. And with the (we can hope) eventual trading system that might allow for trade to your other characters, I might want the loot for another char.

My vote would be for round robin.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 01:08 AM
I just wrote this in another thread, I may as well put it in here too:

Lot distribution is a complete lottery. I wish the system would take things a little bit more into consideration in regards to who have already gotten loot, because if you're only 3-4 players the odds of one person getting most of the loot isn't particularly improbable. I've been in games where others have gotten all the loot, where one person got 4+ pieces in a row and even games where I've been the one getting 4 pieces in a row.. It'd be nicer if having gotten loot lowers your odds of getting it the next time.

For example, if we have four players, and it's random, each person has a 25% chance of getting it. Player A gets the first piece of loot, and so his odds for the next piece of loot goes down to 10%, and the others increase to 30% chance. Player B gets the next piece, so maybe then the two loot-less players each get a 35% chance of getting the third piece of loot, while the two who have already gotten some split the remaining percentage.. And so on. It could still mean Player A gets the first two pieces of loot even if he only had a 10% chance after his first loot, but at least the odds would be a bit more evenly spread out among all the players, instead of there being some games where the random chance ends up falling on one player over and over.

This is an easy quick idea to implement, would like to see this in the game soon. But later on I would like to see a more advanced looting system which depends on the class and the item class, and also there should be a need/greed/pass system.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 01:19 AM
Why not just have a simple need/greed/pass system that checks if the "needers" are of the same class that the item requires, and then which of the needers is the closest in level to the item. This way, the person who can use it, gets it! Problem solved! Not that hard people... Then when trade comes out, it would be like killing to spiders with one fly swatter (I don't like the idea of killing birds). As for the "greedy", need overrules unless passed by the player that would have gotten it. And for the passers, well pass the item along until someone doesn't pass. To make it safe, the need/greed/pass function only pops up when all aggro is decommisioned and incapacitated.

This is very well organized and great idea but Zithorio, could you please edit this, and also explain further. And also, I don't know what you mean and what some of those words mean at the last part of your post. Please may you explain/edit these things.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 01:29 AM
Speaking of loot distribution..... I'm sick and tired of these level 1 idiots joining in the crypts levels and taking the loot and not to mention taking the place of someone who can actually help!!!! I'm sorry I'm venting here but something needs to be done about this please.. I lost 3 epic items to a level 1 who just sold them..
I absolutely agree. I am a level 25 enchantress with 1489 kills and I have not gotten a single purple or pink item, because someone else always gets one. You guys just have to make some kind of better looting system.

Xervitude
04-16-2010, 07:31 AM

@ Flamin

What he means is that if someone selects need (they need the item) then they automatically will win the item over someone who selects greed (wants the item to sell, or when trade becomes available greed would also include wanting it for a different character slot). If everyone passes then he suggests just keep passing until someone accepts. In my opinion there isnt even a need for a pass, just need or greed. Currently since it is very easy to sell extra equipment you dont need, this shouldnt be a big problem. Lastly, I believe what he meant was that the need/greed/pass button would not pop up in the heat of battle (and possibly get in your way) but only once battle has been completed and there are no attacking creatures.

Flamin
04-16-2010, 06:02 PM
@ Flamin

What he means is that if someone selects need (they need the item) then they automatically will win the item over someone who selects greed (wants the item to sell, or when trade becomes available greed would also include wanting it for a different character slot). If everyone passes then he suggests just keep passing until someone accepts. In my opinion there isnt even a need for a pass, just need or greed. Currently since it is very easy to sell extra equipment you dont need, this shouldnt be a big problem. Lastly, I believe what he meant was that the need/greed/pass button would not pop up in the heat of battle (and possibly get in your way) but only once battle has been completed and there are no attacking creatures.

I agree, and thankyou for explaining. But I think there it should be reallyneed/need/greed/pass because:

really need= I need this item for the current character I'm playing on because I'm the right class and level, and I do not have this item, and this item is better than the one I currently have.
need= I need this item for a different one of my characters or I need this item because I want to try it out or if someone has told me if I give them this item they will give me a different item (which is an item i need)
greed= the only reason I would need this item is if I wanted to sell it, or trade it.
pass= Ill just let someone else have this item item because I dont really need it or want it.

sephirium
04-16-2010, 06:17 PM
I agree, and thankyou for explaining. But I think there it should be reallyneed/need/greed/pass because:

really need= I need this item for the current character I'm playing on because I'm the right class and level, and I do not have this item, and this item is better than the one I currently have.
need= I need this item for a different one of my characters or I need this item because I want to try it out or if someone has told me if I give them this item they will give me a different item (which is an item i need)
greed= the only reason I would need this item is if I wanted to sell it, or trade it.
pass= Ill just let someone else have this item item because I dont really need it or want it.

I have to agree with flamin yet again cause he makes a damn good point with the explanation, it should be need,greed, and pass because there has been several times where a warrior got a mage item and that just sucks a big one.
a way to get around having to code that system would actually implecate a trading system that activates when you get another classes item and randomly giving it to the said member of said class.

Sephirium of alterra
Add me if you are online alot!

Darkzam
04-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Diff subject I need help how do I get passed level 13 please let me know :)

nerdherd
04-30-2010, 08:44 PM
Haha, you found a very strange place to post your question. Anyway, you have to buy a campaign to lvl past 13.

Obliteration
05-01-2010, 01:06 AM
How about if it's archer gear it goes to the archer. Etc.
If there is 2 or more archers they role...