PDA

View Full Version : Early Game Experience Feedback Request

Justg
09-21-2018, 03:11 PM
Hey folks,

We're working on some more lifestyle features (improved crafting, quests, and a couple of other things) but we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Thanks, and have a great weekend!

- g

Dex Putra
09-21-2018, 03:13 PM
ok

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

jade10
09-21-2018, 03:13 PM
^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunarpvp
09-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Hey folks,

We're working on some more lifestyle features (improved crafting, quests, and a couple of other things) but we are also taking a look at the early game.

From your perspective, what are the most challenging things for new players? What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

- g

I believe the most frustrating part is that after ydra forest there isn’t really a guide like there was for bracken-ridge and what not. And gold farming between 40-50 is rough very rough. The last gear the game gives you is lvl 40 maybe a lvl 45 would help. Pets too! Maybe give a pet for reaching lvl 40

jade10
09-21-2018, 03:17 PM
Mm farming?? Having good gears for higher map lvl. And also lvling..

Ow and i think add some stats to those lootable gears in low lvl like lvl 20-45. Cuz its hard for new players to get a better gears in that lvl to grind higher maps for lvl and gold And yes better companions...

Im excited to that improved crafting and some other things thingy .thank you devs ^_^ ..

Dex Putra
09-21-2018, 03:25 PM
Hey folks,

- gcan u add armor holder for house ..! and fr next hallowen can u stop recolouring ..!

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

Tippertwo
09-21-2018, 03:37 PM
I don’t know...I liked the earlier versions of the game, where there were like 4 maps, maybe 5, and one constant boss to fight at the end. (Like ydra, backenbridge, tindrin.) The last place y’all created that did that was I think glint or rengol, but then everything started being dungeons and more dungeons that take literally FOREVER to complete. Idk abt most ppl but I don’t have enough time to sit down and try to beat to the finish. What I mean r maps such as maus 1-6 and Festerfang.
I would add gold drops. Y’all kind of took care of that but they’re gosh darn expensive to purchase gold loot items that new folks still have trouble getting gold.
Dunno if that made any sense lol.

octavos
09-21-2018, 03:41 PM
Hi G, but I stopped playing when things forced me to be locked out. I stopped playing when things were hard to obtain and forced the team aspect "Tindrin" was the breaking point. then graveyard and all the overpowered enemies. This also happened to PL and was very discouraging to keep playing, It was imposed that we had to deal with it, I stopped because even my low end gear couldn't compete. Look at auction and all the costly gear in the millions. That's what discourages new players is the cost of items.

A liner story would help, and not just for new players..but old ones that actually spend money with you guys. (From A-Z not "A to yarda forest" like luna pointed out)
I know gold, items, and effort are rewarded with more time you put in. but many mobile games are losing the aspect of the "pick up and play" notion this isnt world of warcraft. and theres so many things you dont know where to start....and you just get lost even after a few months not playing XD.

Flamesofanger
09-21-2018, 03:45 PM
.Add fireworks animation whenever a new player completes one of those starter quests at the beginning of the game which holds gear pieces, eg. "Friendzone robe"

.New Players who finish the ydra quests earn an untradeable and unstashable unlocked crate of the watch that pulls 2 items and everything in that locked is untradeable and unstashble.

.Bosses for new low level players have a chance to drop an untradeable & unstashable chest containing 5,000 Gold.

.Reward new low level players with an untradeble and unstashable Vanity set with special particle effects that can only be obtained when completing a specific achievement.

Flamesofanger
09-21-2018, 03:50 PM
.Make a special mini boss spawn in low level normal maps that has a chance at dropping an unlocked crate that has 2 free pulls and everything in that locked is also untradeble and unstasble

.Everytime you log into the game you get a special message saying "Check out the arcane legends forums (Link provided)"

.Add a mini game in a towns tavern that you have to score points to earn a reward that's untradeable and unstashable

Flamesofanger
09-21-2018, 03:56 PM
.Give new low level players who reach Lv52 a small sample chest that contains 2,500 XP point's and you stop receiving those chests once you hit Lv62.

.Make a portal randomly spawn after you kill a boss in a low level zone for new players that teleports you to a bonus map that you have to open sparkly chests that give's small XP and have a chance to drop some attractive legendary weapons with particle effects and a nice looking pet eg, a small cute golem.

.Give new low level player's a small fancy house for rent that expires after 5 days.

Lunarpvp
09-21-2018, 04:02 PM
.Add fireworks animation whenever a new player completes one of those starter quests at the beginning of the game which holds gear pieces, eg. "Friendzone robe"

.New Players who finish the ydra quests earn an untradeable and unstashable unlocked crate of the watch that pulls 2 items and everything in that locked is untradeable and unstashble.

.Bosses for new low level players have a chance to drop an untradeable & unstashable chest containing 5,000 Gold.

.Reward new low level players with an untradeble and unstashable Vanity set with special particle effects that can only be obtained when completing a specific achievement.

OMG YES!!! Like small side quests that arent that difficult and help institute them on farming!!

Eg:

Kill 1000 enemies - Helmet of Truth
Kill 2000 enemies - Chestplate of Savagery
Kill 3000 enemies Dagger/Sword/Bow/Staff/Gun of Brutality

Also for bosses:

Kill 10 Bosses: 10k, legendary pet, 50 story tokens etc

Mekkatorque
09-21-2018, 04:03 PM
Just gold only gold.

Flamesofanger
09-21-2018, 04:04 PM
.Give new low level players an elixir chest that buffs all your stats by 50% and the elixir expires after 7 days

.Make a small golden hen have low chance spawn at a low level zone for low level players that you have to chase the golden hen and kill it and when it dies it explodes with golden coins everywhere and the fireworks animation plays and the new player loots some gold and the amount of gold is random

.Add a message when you log into the game saying "Please contact spacetime studios support if you're having any trouble"

thekragle
09-21-2018, 04:09 PM
4 years ago you could join a map and it would be full. Now as a low level player you pretty much have to run solo which feels lonely and difficult. Even end game gets that way at times. Have maps scale to the amount of players in a map or rewards increase for less players in the map. And please add anything else that will help with maps filling properly.
It's like I'm being punished for not having friends and creating parties! Lol. What can I say, a lot of times I just want to play solo but the game punishes you for that.

I have a lot more to say but for now that's my two cents.

Flamesofanger
09-21-2018, 04:13 PM
.Add a new social tab in the menu interface that has a list of many guilds that you can join if you're guildless and you can send a guild an application of request to join the guild.

.Whenever a player kills at least 5 mobs there will be a combo countdown on the top right corner of the screen just below the notification box that says for example "Absolute destruction" and the combo counter has a splattering sound effect and visual effect.

.Give new low level players an arcane weapon that expires after 5 days making the weapon disappear.

sellall
09-21-2018, 04:19 PM
Gold is a big issue in the early levels. I remember that I would just die--instead of using pots--in order to save gold. Saving 5k for gear is out of the question (especially at the rate you level early on). Maybe increase the gold loot dropped by mobs a bit (say double or triple it). I'd say up to Tindirin+.

There needs to be some sort of guide in each town that has tabs to explain what was in the initial post about the expansion and all changes that are made throughout the expansion. The forums only has the expansion guide and the rest is in pieces, which is difficult to keep up with if you're not following each step of the way. For example, someone yesterday (a person who most would consider pro player) thought that tainted set still has insta kill.

Korabiv
09-21-2018, 04:20 PM
I feel the problem is the excesive amount of xp needed. Even if you dont know what you are doing, its very easy to level up from 1-40. The problem is after you hit the 40 range, maps become more difficult and currently there are little to no players in the 40-60 range. This makes leveling extremely difficult for beginners, especially since the only good stuff is at end game. Unless you are willing to shell out alot of real world money, leveling is not only far too hard (imo) but also very boring.

I feel there should be a better way to "fast level" after the expansion has been out for a couple of weeks. Let people grind xp and experience the new maps for awhile, but then let new players/people who dont have time to grind xp have an easy, fast way to join endgame people. I feel like the xp gap is a major turn off for not only new people but for the "casual" player. Just my opinion.

Flamesofanger
09-21-2018, 04:21 PM
.The NPC at the tavern in windmoore at the start of the game gives you a special grand cake that explodes and gives everyone near the cake some potions and ankh's, this cake can only be obtained after the beginners quest as an appreciation gift for joining the arcane legends community

.Give players a daily raffle chest that resets after 24hours in the store that is free and gives you crafting materials for special pets and vanities.

.Give new low level players a small untradeble and unstashable jewel chest that can drop cracked jewels until superb jewels that are also untradeable

and unstashable and once slotted into a weapon the weapon becomes bound with the jewels rendering the weapon untradeable and unstashable, there will be a warning text in

the jewels description letting you know about it's special usage.

Flamesofanger
09-21-2018, 04:24 PM
Just some suggestions on how to keep new players hooked and enjoy the experience :)

Pxoo
09-21-2018, 04:32 PM
with the gear you get through the chests at low level your mana is incredibly low. you need three mana potions for just one aimed shot. tanks have low mana as well and even mages get low on mana. new players would rather keep using autoattack and stop using skills that way, which is no fun at all and boring to play. skills taking less mana at low level would help

Gesendet von meinem SM-G950F mit Tapatalk

Ravager
09-21-2018, 04:33 PM
Please allow us 1 free pve and 1 free pvp loadout. Spending so much gold just to respec and one quick pvp round discourages me to enter pvp. I'm sure lots of other people are in this boat.

Somehow, please allow us to swap jewels from our pvp and pve sets for free and instantly. There are so many sets in this game its so expensive to jewel all of them especially when having a pvp and pve set.

_Absolute_
09-21-2018, 04:47 PM
Hi G ...
Well since am in game almost from day One-ish ^_^ ... Since first lvl up quest xp line came we tried all to give a solution to new players to lvl up to our lvl ... and every now than i myself give xp chest for free to them :) and tbh xp events all around... But i see they trouble with gears as few more said... last gear they get is lvl 40 and tbh stats for them in etc garetta glintstone are op bad almost instant die and i know they can from quest recieve 50 100k gold etc but still for new player is in mind to save and try to even reach end game ... maybe some gear lvl 45 n 50 would be good for them same chest with potions for them and ..... I THINK (pls no drama ).. i think @JustG only for new created accounts u should add promo or that chest or prize etc to get new pet or some sort of good pve pet nice stats and aa for free but not in egg shape ... its pretty good encouragment for them i think ...that way none cant be used for granted to resell or so but still can help them ^/^ just my opinion !! <3

aminezelda
09-21-2018, 05:05 PM
so the main important thing in game before Hydra was maus wch required pulling stuff made terror sword expensive but np wars having great time ,yet again u guys made spirit weps to pull stuff but there is only 1 new map wch is festerfang swamp that got mobs m'y point is adding 1 more raid zone that got mobs and gold drops ofc that is going to make wars and mages usefull again while rogues can go to what they préfer since its there meta just to mâke stuff balanced again and satisfy other classes .

Your call to make stuff better fo

Marosok
09-21-2018, 05:58 PM
New players do not have gold to buy anything good.

1. let first 100 bosses all over Arlor drop 10k gold (fix) for each new player. That mean 100x 10k= 1mil or
2. create new achievment each 10 lvl with gold reward, lvl 10 (200k), lvl 20 (200k), lvl 30 (200k), lvl 40 (200K) up to lvl 50 (200k) giving player mentioned 1 mil gold.

Of course, this needs to be described somewhere in tutorial, that they receive 1 mil gold from killing bosses/ lvling up. I think, that 1 mil gold is a good starting budget.

Lunarpvp
09-21-2018, 06:09 PM
New players do not have gold to buy anything good.

1. let first 100 bosses all over Arlor drop 10k gold (fix) for each new player. That mean 100x 10k= 1mil or
2. create new achievment each 10 lvl with gold reward, lvl 10 (200k), lvl 20 (200k), lvl 30 (200k), lvl 40 (200K) up to lvl 50 (200k) giving player mentioned 1 mil gold.

Of course, this needs to be described somewhere in tutorial, that they receive 1 mil gold from killing bosses/ lvling up. I think, that 1 mil gold is a good starting budget.

No no no -1x10^99999. Lol this will get abused so badly. No no no no no. Imagine just making 50 chars and transferring it to your main thats 50m. Lol no no no no.

Atokhebat
09-21-2018, 06:28 PM
Gold maybe u can make every mobs/boss drop more gold. For lower lvl it is very hard to get gold. It even beneficial for high lvl player also so that they dont spend 24/7 farm hydra for gold

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Froze.Exe
09-21-2018, 07:02 PM
Add a mercenary system
U can invite one of ur friends to your party even if its offline..and u can chose it to be a defender or attacker...so you can add a high level character and assist u in hard map that is empty...

Fyrce
09-21-2018, 07:07 PM
I started a bunch of toons recently and am taking 3 of them to level 61.

I actually try to get xp only via zone clearing, since esp at the beginning, leveling is so fast that I would outgrow the zones too fast if I get xp from quests as well. In addition, leveling w/ quests makes the current zone much less useful in terms of equips. For example, I can level in Kraken at L30 but but the max equip level for Golden Pirate Chests is L26. Maybe a message in zone about the level of equips in that zone, or have the levels of the equips in the chests match the level +- 2 of the player, up to the max level of the xp for that zone. Or maybe on the World Map, there can be more information for each zone about what bosses drop.

I think somewhere around L40-50, new players run into trouble completing quests because the previous leveling was so fast. Some of the Kraken bosses I think give them trouble, as well as Nordr.

Not sure that they need much gold or to buy anything until L40-50 due to the free equips and pots they all get till then. Once the chests are only every 10 levels, it does get a bit more challenging, esp since this is also about when they encounter Nordr, where pots become more of a necessity. Maybe a few zone completion quests that award pots?

Also around L30-L50, I start looking for people to give my stuff to but many of them (most?) do not have trading opened, because they can get to L50 within a few hours, vs a few days to enable trading. Perhaps enable trading if they reach Kraag and are L20? Or make this a quest reward for Dead City or Nordr-1 or Nordr-2 completion?

Also, maybe around L30, gift them 25 inventory, since my other problem is inability to gift them endless tra...um...fantastic items! But seriously I would love to give them pinks/blues I won't use, eggs I won't use, extra whatevers I might have that'd be cool to gift a new player. Maybe use a Nordr quest to do this.

As an aside, the new super common Klaas eggs has been a good response to beggars: someone begs, I give them like 10 Klaas eggs haha. Only problem is the beggars have disappeared. So sad!

Oh yeah, old low level toons don't get the free equips. I have no clue whether they ought to get the free chest New Player series but maybe they should, since they could be returning players who never made it very far. I personally do not find that to be a problem, but it's something I have noticed since 2 of my future L61s are old L10, L25 characters.

Also, I do not remember seeing a message about Skill Masteries, once one can do this. When people can do awakens on equips, there should also be a message about this and maybe an award of 5 awaken gems to get them started. Or the information could be when they first craft an Awaken Gem Kit - what level they can use this for, for enhancing certain of their equips.

Froze.Exe
09-21-2018, 07:19 PM
Add a mercenary system
U can invite one of ur friends to your party even if its offline..and u can chose it to be a defender or attacker...so you can add a high level character and assist u in hard map that is empty...

And also keep giving advance pack tel level 50 including 20 untreadble elite awakening gem for them to experience how fun and addicting to use awakening gem on item..they can only use this gem to there level 50 untreadble item to avoid exploiter..

Rauitri
09-21-2018, 10:57 PM
I've observed new players, and how they go with the flow, then be hindered by something.

The gameplay in Windmoore to Travelors is fine, up until that they're clueless where to get the Permit, I made a new toon to see why they couldn't find, and notice that the game doesn't tell them or isn't part of the introduction. I see lv40-50 players still w/o Permits, shouting in towns where to get them.

Permit really Isolated the players, 3days would let players think that the game just takes so long to progress, mostly makes them quit just like that. A suggestion is to unlock the permit upon entering Kraag, fix the introduction system, either add more specific instructions or update the current, up until Tindirin. Just so that players would know the potential of AL.

Gold is another problem, just like what others have said, new players rather die to use their gold on pots, 1 solution is giving decent gold incentives when doing new quests on maps. Or update the loot table on the drops, or advancement chest for better gears such that they won't die too often.

Important suggestion also is have Gustav follow them from windmoore to probably Tindirin aswell, let Gustav help them with Quests, Tips, necessary instructions and even help them fight enemies. Receiving gold/gears from Gustav if players have done it correctly.

Problems with this is the difficulty to implement, and also Gustav died in Ydra, so probabaly a quest in Dead City that would revive him, and encourage the player further progress through up until Tindirin. But if this is pulled off nicely, it solves the loneliness, and the feeling of boredom progressing the game.

My generalizations, is just give new players the easiest task of leveling, gear progression, and their possesion of updated pets/Items, just so that they'll be ready at endgame. As suppose to let them grind up until lv60, just to see them suffer seeing how hard it is to survive endgame w/o boredom or loneliness.

We're happy that you're focusing, and giving importance to the new players, so please deliver the best ways into representing the whole games potential to them, as this will predict the furture of Al.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Mekkatorque
09-21-2018, 11:33 PM
Add a newly fresh server that best for starters for a clean community no op players all starters are in the same state and of course plat user have a lil bit advantage, Add game graphics quality from low to high for massive fights purposes, and add Raid for all levels and map so the loot from raid is able to craft a gear that sustain specific levels and boss or pvp 3 times a day raid and 6 times if buy extra entrance using platinum, make auction auto price so no over pricing, add ladder pvp for gold reward and arena for exp reward, so the game is enjoyable and accessable everyday and not being boring to reach the level cap step by step and lasty Add Guild Raid PvP two guilds are need to fight in the exact area of the Raid Giant Boss its a war zone so two guild are fighting each other while boss is invulnerable messing up in the fight in that case add a target that you can choose you want to attack for non aoe skill so the winning team and kill all the opponent have now chance to kill the giant boss and earn a massive prize for the guild its time for a best teamplay a support, a tanker, the assassin.

Xxkayakxx
09-22-2018, 01:12 AM
First, thanks a lot for your continuous effort on the game.
About frustrating things: empty maps and no clear guideline on what to do could be the 2 keypoints.
My opinion is that people needs to run map with other players.
Find a way to give the opportunity to join a map where other people are and time for players will fly!
Fun is the key, and running not solo is fun :)

About guideline or what to do: a reminder for Minstrel Quest, a reminder of “follow story quests” , or simply a text section “tips for your current level” could be useful.

PostNoob
09-22-2018, 01:31 AM
Increase basic character's movement speed(at least 50% more)

Increase main quests gold and exp rewards( rather have new people lvl up SUPER quick, its not enough even with buffs that have been added)

Give new players a decent egg for free, id rather have the new guys get like a nightshade type egg by lvl 25 or so, for doing a fairly simple quest.

I havent made a new char in a while but are there any repeatable quests from lvl 20-50? There should be a lesser version of the orc quests.

Trade permit should auto unlock at lvl 25 or so, i think you've killed off more legit players than non with this. 3 days is reasonable i agree, some ppl would rather go for 4-6 hours and get to X lvl than wait 3 days.

I agree with the guys that say locks should ONLY drop in kraken mines and kraag tombs, just do it, it will bring the new ppl together and allow them to make some peanuts. End gamers wont touch it i can assure u.

Offer a party bonus of exp(make ppl connect, thus helping them help you). 4 person pt should get extra exp(trying to attract new ppl right..? Thos would not hurt 85% plus of the players)

At this point G , let these few new players PLOW through the first 50 levels, whats it going to hurt? We want end gamers and let them put in the work at the end.

Increase boltags chest quests reward, like add a zero to the 7.8k lol, it may have been fine before, thats nothing in todays market.

At something to elite runner chests(anything that will draw ppl to farm, make it mid range rare and specifically for a certain lvl range(mid-high lvl , not to low

Part of a post i made on a similar thread. Still think most of this would be helpful to newbies.

Marosok
09-22-2018, 05:06 AM
Empty maps for new players? Change lvl range from +3 to + 10 at low lvl (until lvl 60) with mobs scaled to player with lowest lvl on map. Scale xp gain to player with highest lvl on map. (help everyone)
Show + stats from pet eggs (their HB) in auction when you press "show stats". (help everyone)
Forget about my 1 mil to new player and do this: 50 story tokens = 50k gold chest. (help everyone)
Increase gold rewards from quests. (help everyone)
Since mythic pets are common, give them 1 for free (replace 3 old pets with 3 mythic) (help new players)

Sometacoz
09-22-2018, 05:15 AM
Hello Arlorians
1.Like I said in one of my previous threads, CINEMATICS MOTIVATE A LOT!!
The satisfaction I got by killing Bael with my friends and then seeing King Mardom was immesurable. I had never felt so motivated in a game before.
Since that questline everything became dull and with time as I did the next maps with their short written stories. Even if they were very nicely written I never felt that connection again. Now that I am lvl71 I look back and see that after that point I had to struggle a lot and ask other people how to be good at the game now? and thankfully they adivised me with what gems to use for my character and where to put skill points in.
If cinematics and tips were in-game I think I would've have enjoyed it more.
2. The game is very GOLD ORIENTED
If you see in my last point that if new players are guided with interesting questline and cinematics they wont be depressed seeing the cost of good items and the grind to lvlup would be fun. I have many friends who stopped at lvl61 as the dailies grind is too much for them. If there was something that could motivate them to do it except the gold loot in the end with hydra. I think biggeners would truly be thankful for the game experience. Now I stop this post otherwise I would just keep going on and on. If others have and constructive ideas towards this that are truly practical then please post.

My views on other's posts-------Gold rewards are exploitable, the only way this game can be more enjoyable is by having more cinematics and lessening the tedious gring to endlvl by maybe giving high xp quests and buffing the story tokens from the vendor. Also an introduction to the auction system of arlor would be very appreciated.
Thanks
ign: Sometacoz

Holybagumba
09-22-2018, 05:17 AM
Hello Arlorians
1.Like I said in one of my previous threads, CINEMATICS MOTIVATE A LOT!!
The satisfaction I got by killing Bael with my friends and then seeing King Mardom was immesurable. I had never felt so motivated in a game before.
Since that questline everything became dull and with time as I did the next maps with their short written stories. Even if they were very nicely written I never felt that connection again. Now that I am lvl71 I look back and see that after that point I had to struggle a lot and ask other people how to be good at the game now? and thankfully they adivised me with what gems to use for my character and where to put skill points in.
If cinematics and tips were in-game I think I would've have enjoyed it more.
2. The game is very GOLD ORIENTED
If you see in my last point that if new players are guided with interesting questline and cinematics they wont be depressed seeing the cost of good items and the grind to lvlup would be fun. I have many friends who stopped at lvl61 as the dailies grind is too much for them. If there was something that could motivate them to do it except the gold loot in the end with hydra. I think biggeners would truly be thankful for the game experience. Now I stop this post otherwise I would just keep going on and on. If others have and constructive ideas towards this that are truly practical then please post.

My views on other's posts-------Gold rewards are exploitable, the only way this game can be more enjoyable is by having more cinematics and lessening the tedious gring to endlvl by maybe giving high xp quests and buffing the story tokens from the vendor. Also an introduction to the auction system of arlor would be very appreciated.
Thanks
ign: Sometacoz

Yes cinematics motivated me a lot too

PostNoob
09-22-2018, 05:53 AM
Dreamscape is also a problem, no one wants to farm there yet thats where the best exp for those levels are. To me, dreamacape is/should be scrapped and exp rewards should extend to higher/lower levels around that lvl. Maybe make a repeatable exp quest in Somber for this.

eleasah
09-22-2018, 06:03 AM
I tried to level a toon and i was always alone in every map. No help cause a lot guilds want no low lv in guild. So i fighted my way up alone and lonely. Come to outpost and need tombs. Fine, alone again.

The level up work fast, yes. Until lv 50. But...if u have not an alt for gold, u have bad stats, dont know where to go, what to do. How to buy.

Starter need something to motivate them. Maybe better eggs for example. In every town i see more and more high lv begging. And i understand this. Reach lv 56 and cant do glint caverns cause Stats are horrible. But when u look for gear, prices so high for a good wep, u cant afford. And very often u still alone in maps

Idk how many mages i bought a flame with glintcoins. They cant farm alone so much coins. Why? Cause always empty maps.

They cant loot enough gold for good gear, for good pets. So they have only low chance to get a guild. And so they stand in town for begging. For pets, for guild, for gold, for help.

Give them untradeable gear for help them lv up and dont stop it until they reached chancel. From there they should be able to make gold.

And i wish more pple, so we all, would help them in maps and dont call them nab.

Reaching a high lv is not hard cause xp, imo. It seems hard to me cause they left to much alone. I felt not motivated to go to endgame with my alt. This is a mmorpg. If i want play alone i play diablo.

New player need more and better gear, one or two good pets, more explain how game work and they really need a team in maps.

Maybe a beginnerguild or something like that.
A guild who can help explain and help with maps.

Iam strict against more golddrops. This would only help make prices more high and then new player still cant get better gear.

Majin
09-22-2018, 11:02 AM
Till level 40:
As everyone mentioned trading permit is a big problem.
And
Biggest frustration is "Quest log"
It won't tell exactly which area you have to run or missing. It will just throw you in related expansion.
Like "talk to the ghost (forgotten warrior something)/ space between and ofcos " Letters from keren" even after leveling 25+ toons to level 40+ completing these letters is frustrating.

After level 40:
Leveling slows down, your leveling F1 car is now a bicycle,
All mobs are tough and you need huge money for mythic arcanes which you don't have and won't have until you gets level 60.

Its like first get experience for job, and get a job to get experience.
No pro parties, be prepared for a expected solo run(in party run)

So just keep farming elite war crates for money(if luckily someone gave you this tip) and daily xp quests for leveling .. Making level 46-60 a huge time without much fun.
And this whole thing happen without making any friends. I.e. lonlyness

I wish to have Kraken mines active ... They were a solution for low level money problems and they were a really nice player to learn fighting skills and making lots of new friends. Friends makes game interesting and easy.

Majin
09-22-2018, 11:24 AM
Revive kraken mines, Arena , egg farming (add some higher rarity with blue dragon pet) increase drop rates of elite war chests and let low levels craft mythic sets,
Let new players have a similar experience as players from 2014-15 had.

Elitegoldwar
09-22-2018, 11:50 AM
Why no drop locked from km3 ?

Rauitri
09-22-2018, 11:51 AM
Current crates are worth 400g, and they don't contain anything valuable. So think twice of bringing them back in km3.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Lolifee
09-22-2018, 11:55 AM
off topic:

add a map without pots available where pure skill is everythig. where all classes are needed.

Dalmony
09-22-2018, 08:42 PM
For me the issue is that the game doesn't really start until you reach cap level. You start playing and basically there is no other main objective than to level to end game, and there is no source of entertainment along the way.

To me a more intricate string of quests would be a great solution, with level appropriate gear as a reward, eventually bringing the new player to 5 levels below cap with a good piece of gear in every slot and a decent pet. The same way "old" players begin every expansion.

I've played other games where I came in with a high cap and the journey from beginning to cap is kept alive by the ability to level by moving from quest to quest. The two are very different in terms of leading players to end game:

1. Finish the handful of story quests. Log on and just keep repeating the same maps until next area. Repeat. Map repetition becomes longer and longer the higher level you get plus you start to fall behind on gear and get into bad option habits as you don't have the gold for either.

2. Led quest to quest with xp and gear as reward; complete southern seas; need to build X weapon to drive out bloodhammer; collect 50 arrowheads from archers. Once complete collect 50 ammunition from barrels. Then we need 25 weapon plans from kraken bosses. Lets explore; find the kraken mines and explore for treasure on each of the 3 locations - find map fragments in the mines to unlock the other two locations. Treasure map indicates that here lies an ancient helm.

By the time you finish the intricate Kraken isles quest line you are naturally lead into entering nordr and so on until you reach 5 levels below cap where you should arrive equipped with decent untraceable legendary gear obtained from quests, and be directed on how to progress to cap using the newest content.

For further insight maybe have a case study group start a new character and document how far they get before giving up :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Susanne
09-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Well I did reply and it went to moderator. It was..in my opinion.. a good post but never mind. Thanks for starting this thread though, it has some sensible ideas that aren't all about gold and more about content. I think the post by Fyrce is constructive, I just threw in a few more ideas but after all the previous typing I did, which was in no way offensive or rude..it even had a smiley face and may have been useful, especially the signpost to auction, the tutorial for trader's permit, egg drops, the egg crates in story quest being obsolete and some other stuff I have now forgotten, I'm going off to get some lunch. Have a good day. 🙂. P.S. Dalmony's post is constructive too.

Dispressor
09-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Xp sistem from level 1 to 50 now work very good but xp sistem for pets isn't that good. For example u reach lv 50 and ur pet are only at lv 20. Make leveling a pets easier until lv 50. That also encourage people to buy new ones. Current situation is few pet high lv rest lv 0

Susanne
09-24-2018, 02:53 AM
Revive kraken mines, Arena , egg farming (add some higher rarity with blue dragon pet) increase drop rates of elite war chests and let low levels craft mythic sets,
Let new players have a similar experience as players from 2014-15 had.

Oops didn't see your post, must have missed it. I like it, especially the mythic sets.

badgirlchlo
09-24-2018, 01:24 PM
Though I think everything I can think of has been said on forums previously I do appreciate sts trying to cater to newer players and helping the game become thriving again :) Good job devs

Fyrce
09-24-2018, 04:36 PM
Sometimes when I level my alts, I actually just use equips I find. This generally works perfectly well until around L40s, when I find it's useful to get like 3-5 weak jewels, check my ring and necklace and upgrade my pet. The free equips work until there are no more chests, although I do look in chests and auction about every few levels, just to see if there is anything cheap I can upgrade to. I limit my equip spending, until I get to the level I want, to no more than 1k gold per item. Chests I spend no more than about 500g per chest. There is no point in spending a lot of gold for stuff I will switch out.

Today, I would also pick up a cheap artifact and of course, maybe an awaken item w/ my primary stat.

In the past, I have limited my alts just to equips I find from mob drops and chests I drop. I also prohibit myself from using my Stash. It seems to work well until around L30s/40s, though yes, it is a bit more difficult than a toon with trading available and endless stash available.

I think around Nordr is where killing is noticeably slower and moving forward more difficult.

Jewels such as damage and a good pet help a lot around L30s/L40s. Perhaps some kind of dialog about damage/stat jewels and advice about how to go about hunting for such eggs like Ribbit and Malison. Most people level so fast these days, they never hunt for Ribbit or Malison, which are great stat pets for those mid-levels. Most current players have never hunted in maps for good pet eggs.

It actually does not help new players to get advice from your usual player, because all those players just advise getting Nekro or some other expensive pet and buying like dragon staff, completely unrealistic for a new player. A mid-level pink pet that drops in the maps and normal pink equips is perfectly fine for normal leveling and pve killing within their level. Most players no longer know how to hunt for pink egg drops in maps and do not bother getting them. They would much rather just get the eggs from auction or trade and that is what they advise the new players, i.e. get trade.

Since I did not start completely new accounts, I do not know about the traders' permit dialog, but there should be one. People should also always get Shazbot's free gift. The chances are good that there will be 10 Story Tokens.

The more I think about how much content in the maps is no longer used - hunting for pink boss drops, hunting for egg drops, hunting for chest drops - the more I think maybe the traders permit should return to being a barrier. Instead of awarding the traders' permit earlier, perhaps more dialog on where to hunt for x or y. Kraken has some beautiful drops that I often hunt for alone. For those people complaining about low levels not having gold, many of those items to hunt for actually can bring in quite a bit of gold (once they get trade enabled), except of course, almost no one hunts them.

New players get their xp, level to 50+ and never know that much of the stuff in auction or that they require to play the game is free in the zones for time investment.

Anyways, just another thought.

I suppose if all people care about is endgame, which right now is swamps, then why not just insta-level to endgame? Otherwise, it would be good to have some dialog that hint at hunting for various things in the various maps. I don't think anything tells new players about the arcane weapons chests, that jewel crafting, awaken kit crafting can be an ok income, about various eggs, various equips. I am not even sure whether there is clear dialog about skill masteries, equip awakens, pet egg slotting, and the different types of jewels unless you check in auction (after getting the trader's permit).

Oldnewzeus
09-25-2018, 06:37 AM
Id agree to some other replies, try to make or add a catchier Storyline, after Dead City there is no real connection between the Citys/Maps, like ok u travel from Nordr to Shuyal with the Gleipnir but thats it. Tbh i was lost aswell at the beginning of the game, but luckily i played with some friends so we didnt give up that fast, but thats the point. Many Players sure start solo and get bored or either confused and just quit the game. Deleted and Forgotten

regards,

Oldnewzeus

Bundlos
09-25-2018, 11:29 AM
Hey folks,

- g

Hi G,

I think the game currently is all about gold. Sets and the better gears in-game are very expensive to be purchased by someone who has just started playing the game. And farming gold is next to impossible at lower levels, so somewhere between level 50-65ish you hit a wall, struggling to level up. To be honest I was very bored of doing the dailies to level up because they were very monotonous and repetitive.

dapizzaninja
09-25-2018, 11:46 AM
first of all add lvl50advancment pack since most poeple can get to lvl50 before getting traders permit give them a daily log in reward for the first week
day1:10k gold
day2:10k gold
day3:10k gold
day4: 2 untradable awakening gems
day5:a random legendary egg(untradable)
day6:5k xp chest(untradable)
day7:20k gold
and aswell give players for each 15levels(after level30) 100potion packs
make it so once you reach a new city fireworks blow up giving you 25%reduced damage elixir
25%damage elixir
(both untradable and last for 20mins)
make it so once your level50 you gain a
untradble ankh kit and once your level 61 make it so you a get a level 61 congratulations pack that contains
500mana/hp potions
30k gold
3 awakening gem kits
1 elite awakening gem kit(untradable)
and make it more clear to begginers that you get trader permit by story tokens
sorry if my english is bad

jade10
09-25-2018, 08:06 PM
first of all add lvl50advancment pack since most poeple can get to lvl50 before getting traders permit give them a daily log in reward for the first week
day1:10k gold
day2:10k gold
day3:10k gold
day4: 2 untradable awakening gems
day5:a random legendary egg(untradable)
day6:5k xp chest(untradable)
day7:20k gold
and aswell give players for each 15levels(after level30) 100potion packs
make it so once you reach a new city fireworks blow up giving you 25%reduced damage elixir
25%damage elixir
(both untradable and last for 20mins)
make it so once your level50 you gain a
untradble ankh kit and once your level 61 make it so you a get a level 61 congratulations pack that contains
500mana/hp potions
30k gold
3 awakening gem kits
1 elite awakening gem kit(untradable)
and make it more clear to begginers that you get trader permit by story tokens
sorry if my english is bad

I like this idea ..+1

Xxkayakxx
09-26-2018, 05:08 AM
Id agree to some other replies, try to make or add a catchier Storyline, after Dead City there is no real connection between the Citys/Maps, like ok u travel from Nordr to Shuyal with the Gleipnir but thats it. Tbh i was lost aswell at the beginning of the game, but luckily i played with some friends so we didnt give up that fast, but thats the point. Many Players sure start solo and get bored or either confused and just quit the game. Deleted and Forgotten

regards,

Oldnewzeus

Glad you confirm that playing not solo is one of the key points :)
I insist on my idea that if Sts find a way to “group” people in the same map, or to show if a map is not empty (so you can join someone) beginners would have fun playing :) whatever equip they have ;)

PostNoob
09-26-2018, 05:51 AM
Glad you confirm that playing not solo is one of the key points :)
I insist on my idea that if Sts find a way to “group” people in the same map, or to show if a map is not empty (so you can join someone) beginners would have fun playing :) whatever equip they have ;)

Yes, a game list (much like Pocket legends) would be awesome for players old and new!

Dalmony
09-26-2018, 06:10 AM
I agree about the solo nature of early gameplay being off-putting. When I first started the cap was 21 and every town was full of people at the same stage and near in level to me. I easily found a guild filled with chatter about best places to level, people to run quests and farm with etc and the bonds I formed are ultimately what lead me to stay.

Obviously that's the nature of a new game is everyone is at the start together. But finding a way to recreate this would be huge in keeping new players.

Maybe having different instances of towns for different level bands would help. EG when a sub level 25 enters travellers outpost he would find it full of other low level players which would create a new to game banter and help people find groups to run content with.

Jhoncat
09-26-2018, 11:46 AM
That annoying hercules bug stun (sentinel) every hit a stun also take too much damage in elite is impossible walk without die easy even in lv 71 they do high damage. Is a pain as a mage survive in this map even being lv 71.

scarysmerf
09-27-2018, 06:29 PM
When gold loot is taken away from Hydra :-D

Zylx
09-28-2018, 12:10 AM
The biggest challenge for new players is the length of time it takes to cap and the journey along the way to get there.

There are a whopping 71 levels in AL. The first 41 or so are a breeze because of all the campaign quests and daily quests you complete in a linear fashion. However, after the campaign reaches a certain point, your only options are completing 15 minutes worth of daily quests and logging off until the next day, or repetitively grinding minuscule amounts of xp in old dungeons with worthless loot that you'd be lucky to find another player running the maps, until you become one of the few "new players" to actually reach the cap and be ill-equipped to participate in the end-game content.

"But bro, the daily quests give you so much XP, you can reach cap in no-time" Yes, the daily quests do give a lot of XP. And yes, they are totally worth it. But after you complete them in 15-20 minutes, then what? You can either grind the same campaign maps for incredibly low amounts of XP, or you can log off, enjoy life, and come back the next day to do the same dailies, which would require you - as a completely new player unfamiliar with STS who chose AL over the many other MMOs on the market - to keep your interest in AL over the course of a couple of weeks until you can finally reach the cap.

Or, if you are one of those people who decide to grind XP in the campaign maps, you are lucky if you can find other actual people (not bots) around your level who are also actively grinding XP in the same maps. All while wearing the same junk legendaries you got 15 levels ago with a Deary or Cerella fighting by your side, dying constantly because you are running old end-game maps alone and under-geared that were originally designed to give well-geared parties a challenge.

Even the tombs, which used to be the go-to places for xp grinding, are completely dead because of the focus-shift from tomb farming to campaign map farming. And the removal of crates from Kraken Mines, which is the whole reason i made it from Lvl 46 to 56 a few seasons ago, makes it hard to find the balance between leveling up and making the game enjoyable and profitable.

So, in short, the journey from 41 to cap is very boring and does very little to prepare you for what lies ahead in the end-game content if you even manage to get that far.

Zylx
09-28-2018, 04:56 AM
I agree about the solo nature of early gameplay being off-putting. When I first started the cap was 21 and every town was full of people at the same stage and near in level to me. I easily found a guild filled with chatter about best places to level, people to run quests and farm with etc and the bonds I formed are ultimately what lead me to stay.

Obviously that's the nature of a new game is everyone is at the start together. But finding a way to recreate this would be huge in keeping new players.

Maybe having different instances of towns for different level bands would help. EG when a sub level 25 enters travellers outpost he would find it full of other low level players which would create a new to game banter and help people find groups to run content with.

Sent from my Mi A1 using TapatalkAlso this^. Back in the early seasons, AL's population felt more evenly spread out in terms of how far people were in the game. I always encountered PUGs to run with because there was a lot less content dividing the population. Some people were creating and leveling alts, some were breezing through, and some were just going at a leisurely pace, so you always had people to run with. The leveling system also felt more fluid and it was a lot easier to cap from scratch.

As the game evolved, and more content expanded the end-game forwards, it made it a bit harder to hit the cap. Old content was old content and most of the gold-making was in end-game. Expansions catered to the people who were consistently capping and growing with the game. Nowadays people wonder why end-game isn't as active as it used to be anymore, and it's because a lot of the older players have already left, and new player acclimation is very weak. New players are being fed the leftovers while end-gamers are enjoying the feast.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Susanne
09-29-2018, 03:25 AM
I'm just posting to say thankyou for the new things! I particularly love the auction option! Thankyou very much STS. ☺️

PsychoNuke
09-29-2018, 03:57 AM
I like the Crafting and CS improvements. Especialy the find feature on materials and eggs.
Small things make big difference. Good job.

eleasah
09-29-2018, 04:59 AM
I really like the auctionshouse option and...tyvm for make mage mateor so nice visible. I love. Tyvm:-)

it's.just.sua
09-29-2018, 05:57 AM
off topic:

add a map without pots available where pure skill is everythig. where all classes are needed.

Theres pvp

it's.just.sua
09-29-2018, 06:06 AM
Im pretty sure it's been mentioned before... Sorry not too sure who but credit to them...Can we get an option where we could see what aps we could get from each map? so before we join a map there's an '?' Button or a lil description with the details of the aps that we could get from the map..And the possible loot table of each map as well maybe??

^ that's how you know I didn't give a shlt back in school lmao...

sinfuldito83
09-29-2018, 09:55 AM
I know this is probably in the wrong thread but can you guys make victus runes lootable by all levels cuz it's impossible as a low-level to even clear that map A & B there's no one at those levels playing those Maps.... I think making level requirements for that map was not a very bright idea to begin with

Drevex
10-01-2018, 08:24 AM
Maily, I speak abozt Newplayers, not about smurfs.

The main problem for new players is inventory space. They do a few maps and they are full. Next problem at my side is locked crates. Earlier were ppl getting locked crates with better drop and this crates were more expensive. Now ppl get somr marsh crate, which is 500 gold at auc. At the end, I think the game is ancient. Same quests, same avatars. AND MAINLY, SAME IS THAT, GAME IS STILL FOR RICH PPL ONLY.

Newplayer - No money - Bad build - Bad PvP (thats why Newplayers dont play it much)

... Ppl can make lvl 52 fastly, in a few hours, so they dont play Ydra Kraag and this maps. Cause they are excited to beat higher maps, but they no have done quests or alchievments. So this maps is only for a few runs.... 1st for unluck next zone 2nd for get elite bosses.

And now my idea, I would add avatars change, only 1 for all player. That will do, that you have for example rogue lvl 71, but you want play mage, so you will use it and get mage and your rogue would be deleted. Mage will be same level and items will be still in inventory, same space, alchievments, quests.

Rosybuds
10-05-2018, 10:03 AM
Just a too say everything looks Brilliant......... 🌹🤓

Azerothraven
10-08-2018, 09:00 AM
A move in the right direction by sts and great advice

+ making it easier to obtain trader permit; lvl 45 seems reasonable or 5k pve kills
+ lower Xp limit from 60-71 by like half; there is plenty more enjoyable for new players to do; levelling isn't as exciting as you think sts
+ make mid-game farmable and get xp like KM3 was between 41-56 cap; telling them where to begin
+ Make decent gear so new people are able to keep up with each expansions (espicially 46,56,61) with correct gear; advancement locked or tell them how to obtain
+ Devs watch YouTube videos of channels relevant to AL; some provide good ideas hint hint @NAB GUIDE
+ Promote some videos/ guides in game e.g. Guides with xp help, levelling, gold farming, gear tips and skill builds. I myself and many others will be very happy to do this for FREE. Just ask us or make a competition for something like this and you will be impressed 100%. We want the best for sts and al too; we do love and care about you all.
+ Link up maps and make it flow (main story)
+ Suggest new players to try things out e.g. rumours about next expansions so they know what to expect
+ better communication from devs - YouTube/ forum / in game/vlogs . I think you can spare extra 30 min few times a week out Of your busy schedule.
+ Update guides on forum; seriously some are ancient. We can do better! We will give us a chance?
+ in game messages to let them know about scammers at the start and a guide on how to avoid
+ send messages to gamble responsibly on sir spend a lot: quite a few left cuz of this rip.
+ give reasons why they should not scam or beg - show alternatives

My idea: Add a new buddy system where a nominated/ pro player can help new player get into things. This would be voluntary and perhaps count toward some achievement or reward for both. The point is to build guidance and promote friendlier interactions.

If devs gonna take these advice live a like so I get motivated to come up with more.

tahtto007
10-09-2018, 10:53 AM
A move in the right direction by sts and great advice

+ making it easier to obtain trader permit; lvl 45 seems reasonable or 5k pve kills
+ lower Xp limit from 60-71 by like half; there is plenty more enjoyable for new players to do; levelling isn't as exciting as you think sts
+ make mid-game farmable and get xp like KM3 was between 41-56 cap; telling them where to begin
+ Make decent gear so new people are able to keep up with each expansions (espicially 46,56,61) with correct gear; advancement locked or tell them how to obtain
+ Devs watch YouTube videos of channels relevant to AL; some provide good ideas hint hint @NAB GUIDE
+ Promote some videos/ guides in game e.g. Guides with xp help, levelling, gold farming, gear tips and skill builds. I myself and many others will be very happy to do this for FREE. Just ask us or make a competition for something like this and you will be impressed 100%. We want the best for sts and al too; we do love and care about you all.
+ Link up maps and make it flow (main story)
+ Suggest new players to try things out e.g. rumours about next expansions so they know what to expect
+ better communication from devs - YouTube/ forum / in game/vlogs . I think you can spare extra 30 min few times a week out Of your busy schedule.
+ Update guides on forum; seriously some are ancient. We can do better! We will give us a chance?
+ in game messages to let them know about scammers at the start and a guide on how to avoid
+ send messages to gamble responsibly on sir spend a lot: quite a few left cuz of this rip.
+ give reasons why they should not scam or beg - show alternatives

My idea: Add a new buddy system where a nominated/ pro player can help new player get into things. This would be voluntary and perhaps count toward some achievement or reward for both. The point is to build guidance and promote friendlier interactions.

If devs gonna take these advice live a like so I get motivated to come up with more.

Lul haha free advertisement for nab guide views xdd and face revealed check it out. And gives warning before perma banning with reason please like mutes for 1 day ,week or month and temp ban instead of sudden perma ban not everyone know the detailed tos as every mmorpg has different tos. Ye al could really need player moderators in game as till now i have never met any devs in game and of course twitch/youtube live stream for each updatesssss please.

XghostzX
10-09-2018, 12:46 PM
I'm trying to get back in the game but feel extremely overwhelmed trying to accumulate gold. It will take ages before I can competitively PvP.

richiewalz
10-09-2018, 01:22 PM
Repromoting the game will solve all issues...period!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

richiewalz
10-09-2018, 01:24 PM
Dear devs,

I am very concerned with the game now not about its gameplay but about the growth of the game. As more and more people quitting and less new people joining the game which slowly kills the game.

I suggest you guys should do a major rebirth of the game in terms of advertisement like working with a youtuber to promote the game so that many will know the game again or youtube ad since it is hard for a newbie to know about the game as it is not in top 100 role playing games anymore. It wouldnt hurt to invest some money to promote the game again right?

I love this game so much and would like to see the game back to the way it was in 2013 with maps full of new people in everyday.

richiewalz
10-09-2018, 01:27 PM
Dear devs,

I am very concerned with the game now not about its gameplay but about the growth of the game. As more and more people quitting and less new people joining the game which slowly kills the game.

I suggest you guys should do a major rebirth of the game in terms of advertisement like working with a youtuber to promote the game so that many will know the game again or youtube ad since it is hard for a newbie to know about the game as it is not in top 100 role playing games anymore. It wouldnt hurt to invest some money to promote the game again right?

I love this game so much and would like to see the game back to the way it was in 2013 with maps full of new people in everyday.

Sent from my SM-G955F using TapatalkThis will solve all the "ISSUES" of the new players struggling to level up n to stay in game as they will have parties to grind the low level maps for xp and quests

Gouiwaa9000
10-13-2018, 06:01 AM
I would say the worst time for new players is around lvl50 until they reach lvl61 . People get used to leveling up 4-6 times a day from story quests and then suddenly you need to put way more effort just to get 1 level . It would help if quest rewards slowly decreased instead so its not so sudden . Also those levels are when most people cant continue using dropped gear and actually need to buy it , which means using gold that they have no way of earning .

Xtianthemen
10-18-2018, 03:46 AM
Enjoy the game :)

Funpikkk
12-16-2018, 11:30 AM
Its hard to play Arcane legends in early game, if you re low lvl you cant kill event bosses as fast as other levels, its pretty unfair

Funpikkk
12-16-2018, 12:08 PM
We need more new players and they should be guided by some guides ingame because its hard to understand everything and some videos how to not be scammed because new players join and leave after they are getting scammed by higher levels

Susanne
12-16-2018, 05:19 PM
It's difficult for new players to keep motivated. I made a character to test this out and believe me, it is hard. All seemed ok at first, the advancement packs are very useful. Bear in mind, I know the game very well but for a new player, the information is sadly lacking. The quests give loads of xp which is also useful but it makes the kdr look really poor with regards to kills. By the time you get to level 40, which takes around an hour, you have so many quests.. finishing dead city then kraken, nordr, shyal, tindirin. Your advancement packs finish at level 40 but by now you should have a trading permit and pets can be bought quite cheaply which is a big help. Events are difficult though and to me, that's when you realise that everything seems to be geared (pardon the pun) for endgamers. By the time I reached level 50 I gave up. Most guilds don't want anyone below that level anyway, the friends I'd made had become inactive and getting a party for rengol quests was highly improbable. Levelling has become difficult because the maps you can manage don't give xp so, you have to rely on dailies which is quite disheartening and dare I say, boring. There..I said it anyway. If anyone hasn't fallen asleep reading this and has had a better experience, without using their main character's stash or purchasing plat, then well done. 🙂

P.S. Please refrain from calling new players nabs. Those who have seen fit to have treated my "new" character with contempt have been deleted from my main character's fl and put on ignore. I was quite surprised at how many so-called respectful endgamers have been removed. Suffice to say, my new character no longer exists. Take care and Seasonal Greetings. 🎄

Motherless_Child
12-17-2018, 04:23 AM
LOL.... I did not know this thread existed....... So I guess i'll post something..... LOL........

after ydra forest there isn’t really a guide.

Yeah... I'm leveling an ALT and even an experienced Arlorian like myself becomes easily "thrown off" or "lost" when trying to keep up with the story and quest lines... It kind of "discombobulates" me and leaves me saying to myself: "God... Time to take a break from this for a minute/today"..... I recently "just" completed the "smash the artifact" quest in Dead City (I was LVL 40 something at the time and already onto Tindirin).......

A linear story would help.

"Ditto my post above"

Now as a low level player you pretty much have to run solo which feels lonely and difficult.
It's like I'm being punished for not having friends and creating parties!

The early on "loneliness" can be very discouraging for new players because, with a complete "lack" of "Arlor Know-How", It's easy to feel "left out" and "like a nab that nobody wants to play with", which is a good way to lead to "DELETION"

LOL...........

at low level your mana is incredibly low. you need three mana potions for just one aimed shot.

LOL...... Rogue needs a better mana option early on...... Nothing more frustrating than "skill attack combos" being "interrupted" due to a need to "replenish" mana.... GRRRRRR..... Another "thorn in the foot" that makes you say to yourself: "Have mercy..... Let me log off for a minute/today"...... LOL........

empty maps and no clear guideline on what to do could be the 2 keypoints.

Ditto my first reply above..........

Biggest frustration is "Quest log"
It won't tell exactly which area you have to run or missing. It will just throw you in related expansion.

Ditto my first reply above.......

"But bro, the daily quests give you so much XP, you can reach cap in no-time" Yes, the daily quests do give a lot of XP. And yes, they are totally worth it. But after you complete them in 15-20 minutes, then what? You can either grind the same campaign maps for incredibly low amounts of XP, or you can log off, enjoy life, and come back the next day to do the same dailies, which would require you - as a completely new player unfamiliar with STS who chose AL over the many other MMOs on the market - to keep your interest in AL over the course of a couple of weeks until you can finally reach the cap.

So, in short, the journey from 41 to cap is very boring and does very little to prepare you for what lies ahead in the end-game content if you even manage to get that far.

Yeah... While "mid game" and just leveling, after completing all the dailies, there's nothing really "going on" to keep you logged in, and even if you reach "CAP", there's so much going on with awakenings, relics, there's sets, arcane weaps. and rings, ETC..... Endgame/CAP might be too "elaborate" for "NEW" players.....

Before, you get your arcane weapon, your arcane or mythic pet, and some adequate pink gear and you could be good to go but, nowadays it's way too intricate and NEW players might feel overwhelmed by the "elaborate concoction" that makes up "THE CURRENT" gear setups/variations..........

LOL.........

Motherless_Child
12-19-2018, 05:53 AM
Hey folks,

we are also taking a look at the early game.

Hummmm.....

Not to overload the thread but, I think I have more to post........... The following are some things that kind of "stood out"...... Not being "funny", just sharing "opinion".... LOL........

1. Map Captivity: The "pre-endgame" maps are holding players hostage for way too long.... You get certain quests (like armor fragments, shimmering crystal, volatile stones, ETC.) and you have to repeat the maps too many times just to complete a simple "kill 20, 25, ETC."....... I ran rockhorn summit to complete the "shimmering crystal" quest and I ran the entire map, slaying salamanders left and right and only 3 - 4 counted towards the quest.... I ran a shuyal map, killed 3 armored enemies at once, and "nothing" towards the quest.... You run southern gates (normal), complete the "habiscus research" quest from slaying worms, you complete the "secure glintstone" quest (kill 3 bosses), and you still have to come back to finish the "volatile stones" quest..... It's like "C'mon man..... What the BLEEP.... *double face palm*.... LOL.......

Those early maps are too "irrelevant" (in comparison to endgame) and it seems the goal should be to get players to endgame "easily" or "faster" so that they can get to a point where they have invested a certain amount of "time" and are ready to invest "further"........ Seeing as that "pre-endgame" is basically a "solitude" situation, there is no point in having people (new players) run those maps thousands of times... It's easier when you are at a point where you have ALTs but, gold and pots are very scarce early on for new players.... New people need an easier "begin path".... Those maps need calibration (because you run solo a lot), and the quests need to be less stingy seeing as that the new peeps do not have heavy map activity like yesterday when those maps were the "only" maps to run.... No point in keeping people in those irrelevant maps forever... It's discouraging.... Make every kill count towards the quest is my hypothesis (pre-endgame maps)......... It's just, irritating..... LOL...... Today's devices are way too expensive to "rage smash" the way we used to do SNES and NES controllers (Grrrrr Contra, UN squadron, street fighter when the computer beats you with Dhalsim or Zangeif)........ LOL......

2. Seems the level of difficulty (in those early maps) is a bit "too excessive" for new players: I mean..... You run those early maps (early maps are those before "Glintstone Caverns and Underhaul") and it's like you can't even move.... Stun, stun, slow, freeze, knock back, ETC........ Have mercy........ This adds to the time spent in those irrelevant maps (in addition to kills not counting towards the quest), which is irritating....... The shadowmancers in shuyal "stun stacks" you (yes, their stuns stack, GRRRRRRRRRR), the ghost pirates in the mines LV.1 (OMG, stun, stun, stun...... Someone pass me an NES controller.... LOL....), for some reason, with a mage, his fireball attack (which is supposed to knockback and stun for 3.5 seconds) never works on the southern gates beetles...... No matter how much distance is between us, when I fire my "charged fireball" at those southern gates beetles, I hit them first, stun them, and there is a clear distance between us but, I still get stunned (someone pass me an NES controller, LOL....).......... There is a difference between "a challenge" and "something irritating"....... If I were new, this might just be too "strenuous" for me..........

3. XP leveling: You can insta level to 65 for 500 platinum..... Then grind yourself to death to get to LV.71....... There should be an option to get to at least LV.70 for say, 1000 plat....... After a new player has reach a level around "50" on their own, they would have gained enough experience and know how to have more than just a LV.65 insta level option (they may be tired of leveling at this point), the LV.70 for 1000 plat should be an included option...

4. Retrieve/collect quests: Another thing that may "discourage" new players is the inability to collect/gather quest items from maps that other players have already began running (Hot, hot, hot, dead lights, whole grains, ETC.)..... Sometimes you enter a map, other players are already midway or are just running in all types of odd directions and breaking the party up, and you cannot collect the lava rocks or the dead lights because the other players have already gathered them..... Each player should be able to gather, no matter if someone else already gathered.... For a new player, with maps already being dead and difficult, the last thing I would want is to have to leave the map and wait for a reset just to complete a quest that I was already committed to..... We all need to be able to gather, no matter what.......

5. Arlor NPC quest helper: I already mentioned quests before, so I will not elaborate on that.... Just seems it would be helpful if there was like some sort of NPC quest guide included in the game for new "and" vet players (LOL) to interact with to let you know which is the next quest you have to complete 'before" you complete another, "like the under siege quest".... LOL........

Just opinion based on "observation/experience"....... LOL.......

DarkShadowess
12-22-2018, 10:40 PM
What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

Here's mine. All the Hype about "Great Events, great items" then true disappointment because of 2 things:

A. Stashing energy from past events discontinued making running to at least Gold Tier much more difficult.

B. Once energy crafting is possible, drop rate is so slow that it becomes frustrating to even consider having enough to even get far before at leadt one week of wasted gameplay to even try getting energies.

STS, please work on this......You are telling players that buying energy with real $ is more important than fun gameplay which is what players used to do during events. Now it is more of a grind which we have plenty in Maus and Swamps.

Allset
12-28-2018, 09:26 AM
+1 I don't find it all relevant but you have enough good ideas to make it easier for new players that sts should definitely take a look.

The 1000 plat to lvl 70 & and the lava rocks are really good...

Sent from my moto e5 plus using Tapatalk

putoshomai
12-28-2018, 10:30 AM
challenging is to be plat tier in this winter event 2018 because of low drop rate of essence.. and for some reason its a mix feelings i like it and i hate it .. it challenge me haha and i love the 25 crafting slot i been waiting for this and now it happen. haha ty. and .... i wish theres an option too for the stash...
you can stash all and un-stash all.. just like in the crafting slot .. claim all .im looking forward for this stash all and un-stash all ty,,
hmmm... maybe for me .. idk now ... haha.. but for me its frustrating to think the new release top 5 lb vanities this year or recently is not tradeable anymore.. i know this issue is discuss before.. but it sstill give me some stress.. because i want to have or wear or experience using that item .im not saying i cant run for lb but bcoz of personal problems like i cant maintain the points haha(schedule)... my point is i dont care even if it cost millions. and all i care is to have it.. peace..

Kenny McCormick
01-17-2019, 02:49 AM
When I started playing AL I tested all the classes like I do in any game. I found warriors were slow to level, rogues were running out of mana and mages were a bit squishy, but they were all fun, playable and balanced till level 46. Those free gear packs are really useful.

Here are the problems I had:
1) I was lost on how to level or gear after reaching Tindrin.
2) I got less gold from quests and most of my gold started going into pots because my gear was low level.
3) I believe the RNG favors high damage in this game, so I never got any good loot/good pink gear for my class.
4) The maps were empty, I was mostly alone in maps available for my level.
5) Finding players to party for same level was very hard, I had to spend time in towns asking player to help me do the content.
6) I didn't know that the game had guilds, it is not suggested anywhere in the game. Unlike other games there is no info or option to apply for a guild. It took me a long time to find an active guild for my level, all guilds mostly look for endgame players.
7) Class imbalance: all classes played balanced till level 50 I guess, all had their pro and cons depending on their roles. But with the massive change at level 61 I stopped playing this game for a long time. I just didnt feel like leveling my warrior in empty maps and with all the issues I mentioned above.
My guild suggested that rogues are best class in pve and pvp, they are fast, easy to level and cost same pots like other class in endgame. That endgame content does not require other 2 classes.
I was upset. Because I want to know why? Why should I change? Why do you guys even have 3 classes in this game if one of them is Jack of all trades?

I was able to find a lot of info on this forum but I came to know about it accidentally after many months in the game. I am sure 70% of players in game doesn't know about it.

You guys lack on very simple and basic things, and I understand that its easy to overlook them when your forums are full of hardcore players who only care about glitters, but a big number of casual noobs like me play this mmo as well, please try to make our life a bit easy and get the basics right. Thank you.

Azedz
01-23-2019, 12:21 AM
Hey All,

It's my first time posting here, although I am not a new player I would like to discuss about some of the issues they face which I also faced when leveling my alt.

First of all, I'd like to thanks STS for providing quests that give a lot of xp and advancement packs, this really helps out a lot of players.

What I'd like to discuss about are the issues new players face when they are playing the garetta expansion onwards. The main problem is difficulty of those levels, ability to find parties, and the stuns by mobs are ridiculous.

This gets even more annoying in underhul, almost impossible to do those dailies because there are rarely people there, the Orange Portal prema slows you, while the mobs keep on stunning you.

This almost made me quit because even as a warrior I couldn't do anything, my juggernaut was helpless against the orange portals and when my juggernaut duration ran out I was perma-stunned into death, this is ridiculous.

You may say that ask your guild for help because that's what they are for. But listen, it's fine to ask for help to do the map once, but to do it over and over for dailies is annoying. Even in my main account, if someone asks me to help them clear a map once is cool with me, but I will reject if I have to keep on repeating the same map for their dailies

My suggestion, tweak the Glinstone Cavern and Underhul maps, and If possible reduce the amount of stuns and orange portals.

Sorry for the long post, need your thoughts

Peace,
Aze

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Albiery
01-26-2019, 07:14 PM
I think the new playes have difficulty with the quest I could get you an NPC explaining each corner of the arlo and explaining the tutorial, one thing and that part of the whole tiral could show the guild system pvp, pve and also on the statos many of the players do not they know about their statos do not know the power that each item can of, one thing that I think should be you and that when you are setting up your character you a small story of each persong, and you a brief description of what advantage and disadvantage each persong have, something else I think I should lanca face new hair new and up to the posture of each character walks and etc ... from more life to the game, I think they should throw a new class for years that has these same classes, good fled a bit of the subject but I think that the players have a great difficulty in passing of level many do not know as it passes of level fast and they are lost and equal beggars in the cities mainly in the city of travel where I think that and where the May If it loses good, I think that in the tutorial it should teach you how to pass from the fastest level and it is like I said of the most life to the game to make the game not lose the grace for a beginner, because really the game just starts to get interesting in the level 50 up, thanks, I hope my tips help

ArcaneViking
01-28-2019, 08:01 PM
Hey scammers are worst

ArcaneViking
01-28-2019, 08:03 PM
Scammers are terrible

Azedz
01-28-2019, 09:25 PM
Remove gold loot or decrease the effectiveness of gold loot. Good gears are getting more expensive as it is easier for people with gold loot to earn gold and those without gold loot cant do anything.

I wanna go back to item farming days, which was also pretty healthy for the game, gold was more valuable those days.

Imagine If in real world, rich people were continuously able to find treasures while the poor had to earn money with hard work, how will the economy be?, 1 piece of bread will start costing a lot more money, but poor wouldnt even be able to afford that.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Absstergo
01-29-2019, 10:32 AM
Hello, I am coming up with the proposal to improve this beautiful game, as most of it does not have some kind of tuning up to 57lv, there are almost no randoms, there is nothing going to be done 0 I suggested that I balance it so that you can do the same with events for which event from 65lv yet again? what are the 65lv servers on the server? ... and what other people do not have the right to use events? sketched are already at the start or as I do not understand it because the hell .. event should be for everyone because everyone is a player of this game no matter whether weaker or better but it is still a player and should not because of the lack of imagination of the administration not be able to use events already not to mention the initial competition, I am waiting mainly for the administration's response.

Serancha
02-05-2019, 01:57 PM
I'm just returning from a long break. The reason I left was because the game was changed so you can't play normal maps anymore without requiring a party to do so. I hate relying on others to play a game, especially one that was originally marketed as "pick up and play, even if you only have 5 or 10 minutes". It takes longer than that just to get a team most days.

Now that I'm trying to play again, I'm encountering the same problem. Most people are capped, so there are no pugs at my level. This means I either have to rely on a bunch of capped players to hold my hand and carry me through the maps (not cool), or run hauntlet and quests a billion times until I am high enough level that I'm not just dead weight on my team mates. I am a very independent person and being forced to depend on others for basic gameplay and reasonably paced leveling sucks.

I also find that from Glinstone on, the game gets really confusing with no clear direction of where you're supposed to go or what you're supposed to do next. I couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to do, so I lay down on my bed in my house. I ended up in some dreamscape that is seemingly unrelated to anything else, in a huge map with no boss and no apparent end. I was just lucky that I happened across another player in there, because when I tried to do it myself, I couldn't even do that solo. I'm not poorly geared, so it didn't make any sense.

All in all, I loved this game endlessly until Glinstone. Once those changes came in, it became a bit like beating your head on a brick wall. There are even some maps that are too hard for me to solo that don't give any xp! Running dailies and hauntlet is going to get really old really fast. I don't know that there's enough progress I can make on my own to keep me interested. I don't want to be holding back guildmates from doing what they need to do, just because I am trying to level.

Maybe allow mobs to give xp on all maps until the player is capped. That would prevent the kill farming issue and still allow people to more efficiently gain the large amounts of xp needed in the game.

Java
02-15-2019, 11:46 AM
Haven't read this whole thread but if it hasn't been mentioned before...Accept All Available Daily Quests button would be very useful and time saving.

Serancha
02-21-2019, 06:15 PM
Am currently leveling a HC player, and getting gear is ridiculously hard. At level 40 I was still wearing level 20 gear because the only things that drop for me (a rogue) are mage armour and warrior weapons. Level 46 and still haven't smelled a single legendary except the quest amulets.

Since all found gold needs to go to potions, maybe making gear level 20-40 more obtainable through runs would encourage more new players to continue. It doesn't have to be spectacular gear, but something better than common or low epics would make quality of life easier for a lot of nubs.

merlintrue
02-22-2019, 12:20 PM
@justg hi I recently started a guild on my alt. Toon valhallalord to assist new players, upon doing this I am having trouble keeping them interested into the game they get distressed at the prices of heroic pets mostly it seems at this moment in my option as a vet since 2013, I loved farming eggs like malison at the time lol maybe make it possible to farm some weaker h eggs for newbies and also with vili,himi,uller gun that was also a good time maybe bring something back for say lvl 40ish since that seems to be game start as it's so ez to lvl beginning stages, just all around work on bring farming back for newer players! I think this will help!

lo0ora
03-01-2019, 05:50 AM
I am a new player I have benefited from the forum thanks

archerdrake
03-01-2019, 07:43 AM
@justg I’m lvling up a new toon and would it be good if those craft inventory will be added to npc’s around arlor and be bought by tokens.

williams007
05-20-2019, 11:51 PM
Hey folks,

- g

ping is up and down a lot lately since the shark event.

Shocan
05-22-2019, 02:51 PM
ping is up and down a lot lately since the shark event.
Don't expect G to get back to you too soon 😂

Kabx
06-21-2019, 06:33 AM
It’s all good

Gonnil
06-22-2019, 02:39 AM
Can you make it we can auto sell white, green, blue gears that we find rather than having to manually click each gear slot and then select what level gear to sell ? Could we just toggle something to autosell it on pick up ?

Flamesofanger
06-22-2019, 06:17 AM
It’s all good

Can you make it we can auto sell white, green, blue gears that we find rather than having to manually click each gear slot and then select what level gear to sell ? Could we just toggle something to autosell it on pick up ?

Hey guys, please send feedback to this thread (Made By: Remiem) instead -----> https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?452302-Official-New-Player-Experience-Feedback-Thread

This current thread is old, and the dev who opened this thread had went inactive.

Thank you and have a nice day. :)

mbaek
06-24-2019, 08:33 AM
The lack of direction in the campaign around lvl 48-50, when you are stuck between elite quests and campaign bosses that are VERY hard, is a really big problem.
My GF and I almost stopped playing, as the only option seems to be grinding repeatable quests till you get powerful enough.

mbaek
06-24-2019, 08:41 AM
There is a short introduction to the auctions and crafting, but you gain little understanding for the importance it plays in gear progression, and progression in overall power, especially past lvl 40, when the free leveling gear stops coming.
This playing a small part till lvl 45 due to leveling gear, but a huge role past that, needs a reintroduction of some sort, when it actually becomes relevan.

Azziah
06-25-2019, 08:08 AM
Hi Devs,

In my opinion, I think it should be important to make sure the new players enjoy the game, want to work for things and keep them engaged in the game. I feel like many new players see experienced, rich players and feel like they will never reach those levels. So potentially/somehow introduce aspects to the game that make new players feel special and give them some good rewards if they stick playing the game.

Thanks,

Azziah

williams007
07-06-2019, 01:28 PM
Hey Space in the next event bring a new animal in the shape of an "Elephant" or the players Ldgreenpow,Legendxix the top players brs will stop forever.

BestOf13-16s
07-24-2019, 01:48 PM
https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?457897-Bring-back-PvP-with-these-changes-considered&p=3008297#post3008297

please take a look and consider this for the next update.

Any comments and concerns? drop them in the link posted above. Respect the post. Thanks in advance.

trueido
07-25-2019, 05:21 PM
Hey folks,

- g
Thank u very much

Greckt
08-27-2019, 01:52 PM
Make it in spanish some new players dont know english

Enviado desde mi M4_B3 mediante Tapatalk

Silentkill
08-28-2019, 07:36 AM
English is fine

Dalmony
08-28-2019, 08:37 AM
English is fineFor 20% of the worlds population :-P

MømøVęliåDęvīlükē61239
08-28-2019, 08:49 PM
Well after a long while things get easy, the only hard thing back then and still going on today, is getting a arc weapon,

Jeoraseo
09-01-2019, 09:51 AM
I believe new players already have it more than good, they can level up from 0 to 45 in a matter of hours which is unfair for old players like me. However, it would be nice if there is an info bubble on each archenemy ap's on which campaign map do they spawn.
Also it would be great if we have less dragon and pig pets, and have a few chickens and sheep pets.

blingydaclown
09-12-2019, 11:24 AM
When having the new level cap is Spirit XP work the same as regular XP in leveling to next level please let me know

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

DarkShadowess
10-31-2019, 06:02 PM
What are the most frustrating parts of the game that you have run into?

In my opinion, it has to be getting enough Vials of Undead Ectoplasm to craft my first Nekro. I only have half of what is needed. I've played on and off for 4 years now and it might seem a long time to try but they remain elusive despite the alledged "60% drop rate improvement" at one time recently.

Lopsideed
11-02-2019, 05:13 PM
Lvling up is quite long

Breakneck
11-26-2019, 03:33 PM
good tndxxxxx

diodezki123
12-16-2019, 11:02 PM
I am playing AL for almost 5 years and I wonder if sts would put AL in Nintendo switch?? probably nice idea? or idk. hmmmm thanks for feedback

diodezki123
12-16-2019, 11:14 PM
I am playing AL for almost 5 years and I wonder if sts would put AL in Nintendo switch?? probably nice idea? or idk. hmmmm thanks for feedback

CHAOSSS
02-05-2020, 07:07 PM
Missing old egg farming from elites alot of us old players miss it.. We do love egg savier its fun and works well.. But for people like myself im extremely busy and find it hard to get enough time to do egg savier..
A idea.. Maybe a new set of elites.. Heroic elites.. Is a name i came up with for a new set of elite..base Heroic elite maps off same old mapa just stronger..or use the prexisting ones.. So guilds and freinds can work together to do elite mob ap and elite boss ap..while having a small chance to loot a heroic egg of same type that drops in the particular map.. Example.. Heroic Ribbit in Elite Rooks hideout..or Heroic Malison in Elite Rooks nest.. Or Heroic Loki in Elite Brackenridge Village..
I believe if its well designed ..which you devs do the best out of all the games i played.. Would work very well and...bring back a fresh vibe for new and old players.. Growing us even closer and a even closer love for the Arlor you all created and maintain for our fun .. Thank you for such a amazing game spacetime studios.. Ign Topfrog

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Misterlowkey
03-06-2020, 01:42 AM
What will revive pvp is when an update is made where a particular or specific lvl will have craftable or lootable pvp items so that shortage of pvp items in that particular lvl will not happen. If shortage will happen, not all that wants to pvp will have items to pvp even if they have golds to buy it because eventually those items will be gone in a period of time(made as vanity or stored in players who quitted AL already LOL). I disagree that awakens should be get rid in pvp(the game still needs to earn though, they dont have money means we dont have game). Then in our main char. we can focus in pve and farm :)..many players miss pvp, no doubt about it. Pls sts hear us also because no players is no game also :)

Hexboard
03-11-2020, 07:48 AM
The main thing for new player is gold its so hard to actually get gold in the game if your not a pay to win player because your new you just hit lvl 60 and you cant afford Gold Loot items that are in auction because people sell over priced items and its hard for someone to remotely get started to actually make gold until your almost lvl 71 even then its hard because you don't have the gold to buy the gear that costs over like 10m let alone 4m

trueido
04-10-2020, 08:29 AM
can you make a 1,000,000,000 gold cap? 99M is not enough now days where items worth 150M+.
we make multiple trades just for one item. its about time we have that limit gold increased

Robens Alexandre
04-26-2020, 01:12 PM
Yeah back in the day the most expensive I weapon could get was 5 million but now I see arcane dagger for 90 million, where would I even get that gold anyway.

marsu4u
05-14-2020, 02:44 AM
I say leveling up, I mean the current lvl caps been out for a hella long time & theres stil so many people who are not lvl 76, furthermore alot of old players are recently returning & if the grind to 76 was like 3x easier I think it would help endgame activity huuugely

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

CHAOSSS
05-14-2020, 09:19 AM
Miss farming elites for eggs.. Even tho we have egg savier.. Don't change egg savier please.. i just miss doing elites for egg farm... example Malison.. maybe incorporate heroic egg equivalent with chance of Heroic Malison or legendary Malison on elite bael.. just for a map example.. it would be a good motivator for elite mob/ Boss ap for players working on those achievements.. i do love the new home show addition.. my frogs are famous now haha.. ribbit ribbit.. ign Topfroghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200514/919f81f00b3b59e93f1bc7d7acd407a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mkch
05-14-2020, 02:27 PM
To get rich you need to get gold loot set to farm for gold, to get gold loot set you need to be rich.. hmm :/

InvalidUserName
05-16-2020, 04:05 PM
To get rich you need to get gold loot set to farm for gold, to get gold loot set you need to be rich.. hmm :/

You dont NEED a gold loot set to be rich. You need gold loot set to speed up the process

Do it slowly and set a target for yourself every day

Majin
07-16-2020, 12:22 PM
I created and deleted 20+ toons in last few years..

And every year it feels more harder to survive economically without help of main toons.

If i have started playing al now, 80% chances on warrior/ 40% on mage i would quit after hitting big wall of lvl 55-70.

Possible way to conquer this big wall is being lucky in some events.
No arc gears, no gold loots, scammers n merch trying to squeeze out every gold, pros looking legendary geared person with hatred.

bhupeshkansal
09-12-2020, 11:10 PM
Helo @Remiem @Cinco @Justg

There is a player who always enters in map and goes afk without enter in start map area and block the slot,
He is doing it from long time in vally gates, now he is doing same in event maps, becouse of it players are lossing bunch of energies as he just enter in map and doesn't come to area to start map, I know his IGN but as sharing Ign is against terms so won't b able to share ign over here, can you do anything about such players? I am adding cropped screenshot for a bit of clarification.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200913/9ede5b7c0b049d4a5b883f41078af69b.jpg

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk

710yalty
09-15-2020, 12:06 PM
.Add a new social tab in the menu interface that has a list of many guilds that you can join if you're guildless and you can send a guild an application of request to join the guild.

.Whenever a player kills at least 5 mobs there will be a combo countdown on the top right corner of the screen just below the notification box that says for example "Absolute destruction" and the combo counter has a splattering sound effect and visual effect.

.Give new low level players an arcane weapon that expires after 5 days making the weapon disappear.

YOUR ideas make so much sense.

Bunks
09-24-2020, 05:53 PM
good suggestions here

Anderson Gabriel
10-30-2020, 06:06 AM
Hey folks,

- g

you can improve the craft finish all at once instead of one by one it really helps

Stardarklord
10-30-2020, 12:44 PM
Auto selling common,rare and epoc gears

Iskiplegday
11-16-2020, 02:43 PM
For very early game I find health and mana elixer is a bit expensive especially considering that the area's you play have low quality loot, once you make it to 50 potions are a bit less expensive compared to your financial standing but then it's the gear that becomes expensive. You find yourself wearing lvl 40 gear and need to buy all new gear as your lvl 40 gear is just not good enough for new areas. First time I played I had no idea how important it is to do the daily wanderer mission and to buy the traders pass (what ever it's called) I have personally had to help some players figure it out in game and could be made more intuitive. Then leveling past 50, at some point you are quite literally grinding the same dialy quests just to get xp this can become tedious and some may lose interest. Lastly new players don't know their role in the game resulting in negative outcome and disappointment, war need to know they are tanks etc, primary stat what is that to a beginner? This can cause wrong builds and poor results, then you end up with a lvl 70war running away from the boss instead of doing his important duty.

bitia
11-17-2020, 08:43 AM
ok so i just played the game again after not touching the game since 2019 egg hunt

and uhhhhhhh i tried to make a new char to reexperience early game but then i realised nothing changed

level 1-51 is basically free, just do all the easy story quests from the beginning until the game truly spikes in difficulty on alargan, the 1-hit dragon
and then you enter glintstone and underhul, the ultimate noob killer
the point is that progression spikes so hard that leveling from 55 to 56 takes like a billion daily quests combined with an abaddon

Santino
11-18-2020, 09:13 PM
This is just my opinion but I wish there was a way of awakening specific stats on items and not just get random stats

dotting
01-02-2021, 08:11 PM
more promocodes for weapons xd

Hjable
01-02-2021, 10:25 PM
Ok we’re to start with problems I have with arcane legend as a really new player. I’ll list in order. Take in mind I payed to level. I did I toon from 1-25ish it was smooth but I also kept receiving epic gear out of free boxies.

1. After realizing daily/quest was best way to level I spent days researching online how to do that boss daily were he has to awaken. I mean as a new player I kept runing that quest dungon killing everthing and I could not wake him up. Search online and only found on you tube people killing him. Just yesterday or the day before I did it with some friends and it turns out you know when his a awake because the world map will show his head. How is a new player surprise to know what that head is??

2. Not enough speed sets in game to clear these daily (to lower the price of the items) could have a speed ring or something so daily would be a much smoother run.(for new players)

3. Event- event when I did it didn’t explain crafting to get more event turn. Why is there even event crafting (event I think should be free to play unlimited times as long as event last) once the fast few waves of player run out of points it take to long to find group to do event with. I only want to craft things that gonna make me more powerful or Enhance my current gear/pet/house or something new.

4. Need way more op gear to carry us to cap(like qtr weapon level 50 in pocket legend, there is still better weapons like hemi and pure stat on the way to max(up grades for more damage but not needed!!).

Back to that over powered armor.. I don’t wanna mess up current twinks, market for them items or anything if they even have that in game but if these item should not work in pvp that be best.! Op items have the following stats movement speed, ignore monsters damage and armor debuffs ( either in mob farming zones -xp zones- but does not work at cap level dungeons. These items should only be designed and use for leveling. There times when I’m doing my daily’s and no one join the group- maybe inactive time of the night - and them debuff even with best gear in that zone make it not fun especially solo or with under geared team.. This armor that remove debuff should only activate when your the only one in the dungon or maybe 2 people be fine.
And also damage gear/weapons..

these items also should not work in event zone.
Purpose is just to have smoother leveling in normal zone.

5- events again. At not max level the event isn’t even awarding to me. Sure you can collect crates and sell them but I personally want to get op drops for my level and crates that have items my level. Not stuff I’ll use if I level or have to sell it to buy something else my level. Op items is like them 76 red items weapon but I don’t want the 76 one if I can’t use it I want a lower level version- not as strong as the 76-

6. This should have prob been number one thing I don’t like. I finally got to 75 after all this hard work and time and now I find that they might be a 81 cap which would prob mean even if I get to 76 and best gear it’ll be not even good any more. Never did understand why they couldn’t at least let our old max gear be use with the new max gear to craft the new super elite op item!! It that happens we could say good buy to panic selling cause the value of our hard earn item is gonna crash at new cap and be prob to weak or useless for the new zone.

7. The chat . Oh boy as a new player the chat is so awful... so this I’ll do my best to explain why. As a new player I would think if I click on the all tab and type a message all would see it and I’ll see there. Ok maybe that works. But when I tap like guild chat and type a message don’t think it goes to guild chat unless I type /g or like /p for party. I could be wroung and doing something wrong but either way I would like to click on the chat tab in join that chat room and not to have to type any chat command. Now it’s possible the people I was chatting with were in different tabs or something.

8. Other ways good ways to level besides quest and daily’s. How is a new players suppose to now there is xp gear, xp pets, xp exlir, xp weekly exlir... and even if they know it how are they suppose to afford all that. Oh and I forgot double xp weekend?? That’s so much just to level smoothly
Even then I doubt with all them xp power ups the xp from killing mobs is still trash. I bet it only boost hording quest and turning them all at once with max xp boost.

9. Remove the useless stuff in plat store. Nothing like being new and getting got buy buying xp kits!! That plats could have went to buying hot bars and selling them and buying all the stuff I needed to max quick and buy speed set and buy max gear!!!
Same goes for them pets and armor vanity in plat store , so next time you get a chance check how many plats vanity and stuff cost in plat store them match the price in cs. You’ll be upset if you bought one of them plat vanity for ton of plats and later find out you could have sold bought and sold 1 hot bar and bought a few or many of them vanity sets.

10. Not enough stuff in the house that gives buffs. There a work able sink could give a xp buff or something... more buff from items in house.
I wanna see a max house we’re every thing is useful. And I wanna be able to invite friends to my house to get the buff so we can take down a hard boss.

11. No fast xp farming zones. I figured if you got food gear or a group to carry I there could be that one zone to get great xp for ever like 20 level then u move to next zone or something. That way those that like questing can quest to level and those that wanna kill stuff can kill stuff and level and have fun doing it.

12. Need way more Better items from bossies- good gear sets and the red item rarity with ability’s and perks .

13. Should be packs we can buy that unlock unlimited messages in mail box. Like we buy ups kit and can sell it in cs if we want or use it so we can send how ever many message we want. Also away to have setting on who can send us message. Can work like this- set message setting to friend only. Now only friends can send me a message. I don’t see why we gotta go to like discord to send a message to friend when u have a good ups system already :/ (that’s the thinking [emoji848] Emoji btw. I don’t even use the mail box the way it is right now.

14. Collecting daily quests. I spend way to much time collecting all the daily’s everyday. I would like to see a new item added to the game called “ THE Repeater” what this item does is once I buy it from the plat store and equip it all my daily will automatically be collected for me to do. It should be a weapon that we equip to activate the effect. Unlimited use not a Consumable. I’ll pay plats for that one

15. More rewarding and harder boss at max level. Dungon design for a group of max geared players.
Also more stuff to build to like power up pets or a Anvil we can build in our house that unleash the true power of or weapon and armor becoming even more powerful eventually after farming the new mats needed to craft it we become more powerful. The bossies extreme low drop rate set is better but if we’re not having luck we can still get more powerful with the crafting making clearing easier and these crafted items and mats aren’t tradable (everyone that want it gotta earn them)
The crafted set or what ever should make the extreme dungeons easier some cause were stronger. And if the players don’t like the low drop rate instead of just changing the drop rate create a new item that increase the drop rate. I like having a lot of differnt gear choose from. (but with cost- like okay u can get increase drop rate bit you’ll lose armor or damage cause that weapon or item might be weaker then your other one)

I could keep going but I hope this is helpful

Oh and when I get to 76 I’m really hoping there gonna be something amazing to farm at a 20-30 man raid with super Uber op item set. And really good red items with effect.. pocket legend for 10 man epic battle area so I think we should be able to have 20m raid boss at least.

If it’s easier to level then they can focus on a lot of end game content- new bossies, new items added to old bossies or them old bossies or maps have a elite version map that has really great unique items with low drop rates to farm out(elite maps like these can be geared toward those elite max players that done everything and have nothing to do and looking for a new goal(farm the new item or those that are looking for a true Challenge to do with there guilds or friends.

When they add new stuff, event, to max level as a new players I’m thinking doesn’t benefits me now :(. Also I know buy the time I cap there prob be something new and better anyway.

I do not want to see xp to level just decrease I wanna be able to farm stuff or buy new items that make leveling or killing things easier. And there is better sets and items to get as I level up.

I do get that those that took the time to grind out and cap with or without xp kit might be like I did it why should you have it anyone have it easier. And that’s fair. But for some players the way leveling is just doesn’t work Especially if there gonna be new caps in the future. If I get to 76 I wouldn’t cap to new max or even try to be honest unless I got max xp set up if its as tedious as was for me the first time.

Better gear drop from in game bossies -non events-

And if there ever is any change to leveling like making it easier and one way or another I think all current max cap char should get some kinda appreciating reward. Cause it’s expensive and quick to level ( xp boosts or kits) or a very long grind

Remove the early game crate instead massively increase the drop rate from boss monsters to drop them items so we feel like we earned it
And we can get a taste of farming items.

Let us get Xp from dungeons mobs that are to low but still part of daily quests

I don’t like having our item soul bound once we use them and no way to unbound them. Need new tradable item u sell us to with plat that we can sell in cs -tradable- and this item unbound a item( we can call it Unbounded or something ) Cap players should be happy cause they can have a way to resell the good item, low levels should be happy cause there be more items in the market and lower the price we’re they might be able to afford it over time and sts gets to make extra profit.

Weekly updates like new items added to game weekly

Irreflexivo
01-03-2021, 09:01 PM
What most players ask in my guild is help for fester. It's so hard for new players with bad equipment, they need help continuously.

trueido
05-28-2021, 05:14 PM
The camera angle change is very annoying in EVG.
could you remove it in EVG for now? I always have to go in and out, looking for an angle that will not get me a headache in long runs, also I am pretty sure its impossible to bot/macro there so no point.
or maby just make it when you rich wave 5 its going into a stright angle? idk, but please look into it

Zia
06-06-2021, 12:27 PM
I came back to the game after 8 years. What was mostly very confusing is the lack of information on certain functions like crafting/ awakening.

Besides that, like others said, it's not at all clear how to get access to some area's. For instance: Fester and Valley.

Improvements could also def be made to gy/ maus and the info on that. Like: what are exactly the differences and pros/cons (by class) in choosing either the Luminous Templar or Dark Acolyte quest line (also how this choice affects fighting both Corvis and Voriyana (bomb crafting etc).
Speaking of: please just make every maus level accessible! Why is this the exception in terms of access in AL?

Some achievements have not gotten any clearer. I was disappointed to see that's still very vague. Why depend on players to provide this info? Just make clear what to do where. Same goes for the crafting quests, just make clear what you need and how to get it: nomerite/. glint/dream/ Antignome etc etc.

Just my thoughts. Hope it helps.

01-26-2022, 08:25 PM
The biggest regret for new players is that there is too much demand for experience potions

Decentralized
02-12-2022, 09:12 PM
Can we get an updated thread on this topic?

Gigannte
02-19-2022, 08:43 PM
please make the mythic hyperos gun Easier proc, this arming in addition to losing the target in the midst of mobs very little proc! from anger!

Justanutt
02-23-2022, 06:57 AM
A big issue facing new players is that you find yourself playing the maps alone. Years ago after my first break I came back to find nordr. I didn’t know how to get to garetta and faced running nordr alone over-and-over. It lead me to my second “break.” Or rather, I quit and almost
Never came back. I talk to a lot of players at mid level and find that they are dealing with the same issue. Running nordr alone around level 40 or so. Ruins the game not having a party. I will run a few boards with them usually but Dosnt look fun for them as I slay the mods and they stand there. A four player party of lv 40s is definitely more desirable for these players. I know this is and difficult issue to solve. Im only wanting you to be aware that this is an obstacle that many players never faced, but the few new players you have will be forced into.

❄️EXILE❄️
03-02-2022, 09:00 PM
Honestly there are tons of things that could help new players, such as:

1. Giving New Players a 60-100XP Bonus for the first 30Minutes
2. Giving New Players a 4th pet to choose from when creating a new character which comes with a 5 to 10 Xp Bonus
3. Giving New Players Higher Movement Speed Until They Reach Level 10 to 30(dont let Lb Runners Abuse This)
4. Giving New Players higher Xp Daily Quests Until Level 70
5. Adding a New Map For Level 40 to 71 to level up faster (thats around the point it starts to become pretty difficult for most new players who dont have xp gear / elix / pets with xp / and gold to be able to get those things
6. a character bound vanity set for each class that looks really cool (Im sure alot more new players would be very satisfied with character/acc bound vanity once they start out, like how we used to have betrayer and watch but it cost platinum. Instead of it costing platinum you could make it included into the level 50-60 pack
7. Make a New Character low Level Leaderboard Every Season with Gold + xp stuff as rewards to help new players get a boost into the AL's Insane Economy ( but Make it to where its not that much otherwise High Lb runners will abuse this( just make it give like 500k to 1M every season and Bound XP Kits (5,000Xp + 10,000XP + 25,000XP)
8. Maybe Make a NPC that goes with new players up until level 40 or 50 to help fight the mobs (similar to pets how they follow and use abilitys ect u could have a NPC like Mr Gandolf x,D who will follow u and help guide the new players through the first 30 to 50Levels since 99% of players dont play actively under Lvl 66

Hope you enjoyed my ideas
feel free to use them - i dont need credit for it
and Goodluck

-Exile

Immortal_Blood
07-10-2022, 12:25 AM
playing warrior as level 46 i noticed it was really hard to kill the egg hunt boss.. as a rogue level 46 it was easy, i just used 10000 mana potions/.

damayenti01
07-24-2022, 05:55 AM
Nice

Sent from my CPH2179 using Tapatalk