PDA

View Full Version : Ive heard....But can you confirm

largecommand
11-20-2011, 09:15 PM
What is the current most powerfull class in SL. Ive heard Something about this.

Ardon
11-20-2011, 09:18 PM
For single targets. Operative.

But there really is no strongest class since they each have payoffs and hindrances.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Deadbeathc
11-20-2011, 10:03 PM
Commandos are "strong" at taking damage, dishing out AoE (area of effect) damage, taunting, and taking the enemies on for the team. AKA the Tank of the game.

Engineers are "strong" at being a great support, healing, buffing the team with their revive which adds a hidden bonus of extra m/s as well as damage, as well dishing out some 'decent' damage'. AKA the healer/buffer of the game.

Operatives are "strong" at, well, they are great single target damage and can "blow" things up in a relatively quick speed. AKA the well rounded straight damage of the game.

All these classes are subject to the player, how they play and how they spec.

Also in the future, all is subject to PVP!

Also, the strongest class isn't the one that runs by themselves, but runs in a well coordinated group. (<- That is just some general information that helps everyone)

Zeus
11-20-2011, 10:06 PM
I personally LOVE the operative. Being able to do damage fast is my style. You seen Mr. and Mrs. Smith or Mission Impossible? Yeah, that's my style. :D

Seriously though, you can't go wrong with an operative.

But, strength can be interpreted differently, for every strength a class has, there is usually a weakness that balances it.

If you're looking out in the future for PvP, I highly suggest you go with Operative.

Nightarcher
11-21-2011, 02:12 AM
I can't wait to crush some puny Ops come PVP! Muahahaha!! ;)

ninjaduck
11-21-2011, 03:10 AM
Ops in PVP will be like Birds in PL pvp. And birds in PL arent exactly known for their beastly PVP strength :/

Blind
11-21-2011, 04:15 AM
Ops in PVP will be like Birds in PL pvp. And birds in PL arent exactly known for their beastly PVP strength :/
Actually they are >_>

MightyMicah
11-21-2011, 04:25 AM
Ninjaduck have you ever fought a warbird?

Arterra
11-21-2011, 04:36 AM
Ninjaduck have you ever fought a warbird?

meh. warbirds come and go, depending on what the gear for the current level cap is like.
and considering that SL has no hybrids (Sniff...) there is no comparison in there, sorry.

krazii
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
Engineer
Commando
Operative

Engineer would win a long battle against a Commando. Eng have three heal spells (two of which damage enemy) and mez, so anytime they get in trouble they could just mez you, heal up and start in again.

Both Eng and Commando would wipe the Op. Op may damage fast, but my guess is not fast enough to counter Eng/Com self heals although Op/Com battle would be close.

Kakatoa91
11-21-2011, 11:58 AM
What is the current most powerfull class in SL. Ive heard Something about this.

Its the "dev" class the most gruesome and powerful one on SL, they have red name to support that and show off... try to pick a fight with them and its instant loss for you.
;)

Anyway, they are no most powerfull class in SL like many have explain. In pve the game was design mainly to have the 3 different classes interact to make a good team. Each one has their + and -.
But together its all +s
:)

On pvp, we can only theorize or suppose since we are still waiting to have it integrated in game.
We dont know many things yet and need to test.
Id say Op has some edge over engie/com till lvl26, after it would be much tougher I think with the heavy increase of health/armor/skill points.
Atm at lvl36 range, I feel the com would be pretty beasty imo.
But we will c... cant wait to pvp in here SL... still doing it a bit on PL to keep on training lol.
:D

adidaman
11-21-2011, 12:00 PM
The blips

Zeus
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Engineer
Commando
Operative

Engineer would win a long battle against a Commando. Eng have three heal spells (two of which damage enemy) and mez, so anytime they get in trouble they could just mez you, heal up and start in again.

Both Eng and Commando would wipe the Op. Op may damage fast, but my guess is not fast enough to counter Eng/Com self heals although Op/Com battle would be close.

But you're not taking into account the Op's massive debuffs. I mean, one hit from Neural shock will put both the Eng's and Comm's attacks out of commission for a bit. Then follow up with slowdowns and root skills combined with a finishing blow of mind wreck, flames, and lurch? Pretty deadly, IMO

Deadbeathc
11-21-2011, 12:04 PM
The blips

Blips? Little dots on the minimap?

Its the "dev" class the most gruesome and powerful one on SL, they have red name to support that and show off... try to pick a fight with them and its instant loss for you.
;)

Great way of looking at it. Yeah, the devs will PWN face to any normal player.

On pvp, we can only theorize or suppose since we are still waiting to have it integrated in game.

Correct again. Until we actually set foot into SL (NOT PL, NOR PL RELATED) PvP, we can only make assumptions, and assumptions get you no where until the actual release.

Skeletonlord
11-21-2011, 12:17 PM
commando is one of the best classes id say

Nightarcher
11-21-2011, 02:30 PM
commando is one of the best classes id say

The other two being the Operative and Engineer, right? ;)

Slant
11-21-2011, 02:53 PM
the new levels are sort of like pvp mandos and engies are very evenly matched, ops i ddonno they have to be careful but good for separating mandos from their healers.. hmm overall op seems to be b est for pvp cause of dps, and precise mob control but we have to wait and see

krazii
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
But you're not taking into account the Op's massive debuffs. I mean, one hit from Neural shock will put both the Eng's and Comm's attacks out of commission for a bit. Then follow up with slowdowns and root skills combined with a finishing blow of mind wreck, flames, and lurch? Pretty deadly, IMO

How are you going to do all this while stunned from suppression. By the time the stun wears off, the engineer will be healed well, or will just need to fire leech and transference. Don't forget eng's have debuff also. I think it would be a good fight and would love to PVP, but my feeling is the eng would come out on top in the end. (PS: your right, neutral shock would lessen attack from weapon, but not "put the attacks out of commission")

PVP will be fun.

Zeus
11-21-2011, 05:46 PM
How are you going to do all this while stunned from suppression. By the time the stun wears off, the engineer will be healed well, or will just need to fire leech and transference. Don't forget eng's have debuff also. I think it would be a good fight and would love to PVP, but my feeling is the eng would come out on top in the end. (PS: your right, neutral shock would lessen attack from weapon, but not "put the attacks out of commission")

PVP will be fun.

What's the range on supression? just wondering. In PL there are also stun skills, but they still allow you to to use your skills at will. You just can't move.

CanonicalKoi
11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
12 meters for Suppression, same as Op's Psychic Binding or Psychic Lash. And I'm staying out of this discussion because, while I can see all the pros and cons for all the classes, I'm ridiculously attached to my Op. :D

MightyMicah
11-22-2011, 04:06 AM
@Arterra "warbirds come and go" ok I'm assuming you have never fought a warbird either lol but you are right on about hybrids in SL :(

BodMaster
11-22-2011, 04:32 AM
There may just be Hybrids in PvP SL if the dev go down the root they briefly discussed in BBQ to some of the members that went. And the word was they may look into a PvE and separate PvP build ;)

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 11:14 AM
The other two being the Operative and Engineer, right? ;)

yes

krazii
11-22-2011, 11:24 AM
12 meters for Suppression, same as Op's Psychic Binding or Psychic Lash. And I'm staying out of this discussion because, while I can see all the pros and cons for all the classes, I'm ridiculously attached to my Op. :D

I'm an Op first also, but I fear the Engies would wipe us! :(

Zeus
11-22-2011, 11:35 AM

We can wipe the Engie's critical though. :) She only gets one heal spell that heals her of negative effects, if I'm not mistaken, so damage could be rendered useless temporarily.

CanonicalKoi
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM

No, no. Ops are invincible! Like birds! **squints hard to obscure number of deaths on both** Yup! Invincible! ;) (Like my Nord in Skyrim--rub off a little dragon soot and she's juuuuuuuust fine....)