PDA

View Full Version : Hydra is a dead map

Bundlos
09-27-2018, 12:34 PM
Reducing gold loot was another thing but removing gold drop completely is kind of absurd. Without any incentives people won't run the map unless they really want the mire Arti drop.

I personally liked the map because it was a quick one to finish. I could keep alternating between hydra and other maps whenever I wanted to, to kill the boredom from monotonous long runs in the game. The population in the game will dwindle too and it is unfair to people with the mireguard sets.

Hydra is a dead map unless the drastic change made will be reconsidered and worked upon.

mhysaa
09-27-2018, 01:09 PM
Reducing gold loot was another thing but removing gold drop completely is kind of absurd. Without any incentives people won't run the map unless they really want the mire Arti drop.

I personally liked the map because it was a quick one to finish. I could keep alternating between hydra and other maps whenever I wanted to, to kill the boredom from monotonous long runs in the game. The population in the game will dwindle too and it is unfair to people with the mireguard sets.

Hydra is a dead map unless the drastic change made will be reconsidered and worked upon.I agree... When everyone thinks they are safe, STS come and change everything hahah is always a risk each decision you make in this game. I liked hydra also because of the same reason as you.. I could farm aps, jewels, do pvp, and when needed a gold, run a bit hydra. To me people was playing more... And mostly of the 'poors' players was happy cuz they could make gold in 1/2min by run.. Even in my guild a guy said he made his first 1m thanks to hydra.... Not anymore :v

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

ancestor
09-27-2018, 01:52 PM
Yea but 30k gold a run is crazyyyyyy i spend a hour in graveyard to make that

Bundlos
09-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Yea but 30k gold a run is crazyyyyyy i spend a hour in graveyard to make that

I never got that much of gold drop though :)
Can relate to you, been there done that

scarysmerf
09-27-2018, 06:44 PM
Of all the problems in game they decide a mere 21k per occasional run was enough to remove gl from Hydra.it was mostly the rogues doing it anyway since you made them so op.

Bundlos
09-28-2018, 02:07 AM
Of all the problems in game they decide a mere 21k per occasional run was enough to remove gl from Hydra.it was mostly the rogues doing it anyway since you made them so op.

True, those were very occasional drops. I personally never got even occasionally close getting a 20k drop. However, it is not right to generalize all rogues as OP rogues. That is a very small chunk of the population. Most of the rogue population cannot even afford the items because they are so overpriced. And even if those rogues who became too Op, I don't blame them, they had the gold and they chose to utilize it.

Mekkatorque
09-28-2018, 04:15 AM
True its a dead map now, this is too much because artifact is not that high chance to loot.

Gaprisha
09-28-2018, 05:23 AM
I agree. I hope sts reconsiders this too. Im not a fan of farming deaths and junks 98% of the time.

PsychoNuke
09-28-2018, 02:32 PM
I dont think its dead. You assume its dead because you and your gold farming friends dont want to play that map anymore.

I played hydra for almost an hour today with random and I had fun. People were farming gold before and now they are playing to get the artifact.
If you are only farming deaths then either you dont understand the mechanics or you are undergeared, its as simple as that.

gianthills
09-28-2018, 03:31 PM
It's very strange this out of nowhere, the developers have not said anything yet about. I think it's temporary but for some reason they do not want to stand.

Enviado de meu Positivo Twist S usando o Tapatalk

Dalmony
09-28-2018, 05:51 PM
The real problem is that gold loot is even a thing - and if it has to be a thing then the problem is that it stack so high.

Gold Loot mean that you can't find a base gold drop level which is appropriate, because anything which seems fair to a player with no gold loot will be an economy ruiner when maxed gold loot players farm that map. This means the baseline has to be set far too low, making it extremely difficult for players with less gold to close the gap.

IDEAS:

- Cap gold loot stack at 100% so that the parameters are easier to work with.

- Put gold coin chest - there is no gold loot per say, however the gold coin chest is in the loot table. If you drop the gold coin chest, you can open it with a chance for it to contain 2k, 5k, or 10k, or you can sell it in auc.

- Viva la revolucion and relive the younger years... go back to the old gold chest system... "Golden Croc Chest" where loot table is moved into the chest, which on opening has a chance to drop mire gear, arcane gear, or 2k, 5k, or 20k (Rare). Or again, you can sell the chest. The thrill of dropping a gold chest to sell in auc, and then the thrill of the person who buys it and drops the best gear from it.

The hydra/orrick loot tables will in all likelihood need to be made more attractive for anyone to bother going in there. In addition, the fact that it doesnt drop any gold doesn't make it any more accessible to none-rogues. If an all rogue party is still the fastest way to run then if anyone bothers to farm the mire artefact it will be parties of rogues...

Bundlos
09-28-2018, 11:38 PM
I dont think its dead. You assume its dead because you and your gold farming friends dont want to play that map anymore.

I played hydra for almost an hour today with random and I had fun. People were farming gold before and now they are playing to get the artifact.
If you are only farming deaths then either you dont understand the mechanics or you are undergeared, its as simple as that.

Lol, that is the problem with people like you who love to call people names, like "you and your gold farming friends", I want to run the map still, but it is always empty or there are very few people to run in a random pt.

Bundlos
09-28-2018, 11:40 PM
The real problem is that gold loot is even a thing - and if it has to be a thing then the problem is that it stack so high.

Gold Loot mean that you can't find a base gold drop level which is appropriate, because anything which seems fair to a player with no gold loot will be an economy ruiner when maxed gold loot players farm that map. This means the baseline has to be set far too low, making it extremely difficult for players with less gold to close the gap.

IDEAS:

- Cap gold loot stack at 100% so that the parameters are easier to work with.

- Put gold coin chest - there is no gold loot per say, however the gold coin chest is in the loot table. If you drop the gold coin chest, you can open it with a chance for it to contain 2k, 5k, or 10k, or you can sell it in auc.

- Viva la revolucion and relive the younger years... go back to the old gold chest system... "Golden Croc Chest" where loot table is moved into the chest, which on opening has a chance to drop mire gear, arcane gear, or 2k, 5k, or 20k (Rare). Or again, you can sell the chest. The thrill of dropping a gold chest to sell in auc, and then the thrill of the person who buys it and drops the best gear from it.

The hydra/orrick loot tables will in all likelihood need to be made more attractive for anyone to bother going in there. In addition, the fact that it doesnt drop any gold doesn't make it any more accessible to none-rogues. If an all rogue party is still the fastest way to run then if anyone bothers to farm the mire artefact it will be parties of rogues...

This is a good solution actually. When there were talks of nerfing loot I was expecting that they would put an upper limit bar or something, but they removed it altogether

Gridlock140
09-29-2018, 12:55 AM
As Gary would say. "You'll be okay"

PsychoNuke
09-29-2018, 03:53 AM
Lol, that is the problem with people like you who love to call people names, like "you and your gold farming friends", I want to run the map still, but it is always empty or there are very few people to run in a random pt.

I like how you got triggered, thanks for proving me right :)

Agnes
09-29-2018, 04:24 AM
If you actually try to run hydra you will see it’s not dead at all ;) But all the greedy people just complain for their lost free gold. Now you all have to work harder :D

Bundlos
09-29-2018, 10:30 AM
I like how you got triggered, thanks for proving me right :)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :') :*
Glad I could be of help
xoxoxoxo

kandemirtimucin
09-29-2018, 03:58 PM
Hydra dead :(

kandemirtimucin
09-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Pls hydraaaaaa

Maketaca
09-30-2018, 05:18 AM
Hydra, nightmare are dead maps. Nobody want to run lv 66 and 71 maps unless they can make better gold than maus, esg.

Alwarez
09-30-2018, 07:00 AM
Will take another 2 years for them to nerf old maps like it took 2 years to nerf old staffs

Bundlos
10-01-2018, 11:05 PM
Hydra, nightmare are dead maps. Nobody want to run lv 66 and 71 maps unless they can make better gold than maus, esg.

Agreed, there are very few players who run hydra now, and for 66 it is fewer still

Marosok
10-02-2018, 03:14 AM
There are enough players to fill full random team within few seconds to run hydra....

Flamesofanger
10-02-2018, 03:35 AM
I bet if hydra never dropped any gold at all from the very beginning of the expansion no one would be complaining and saying it's the end of the world over something that's

not even a small loss. You guy's remember egg-zavier 2016 and all those arcane egg drops and when egg-zavier 2017 had only mythic's it was. Still. Not good enough?

This is what lazyness does to someone. Play the game for fun, not like work and worry.

And people will always come back.

Don't you think dropping 29k each run within 1 minute is even a bigger disaster to the economy then mausoleum already is?

PS: This is the same situation when people demanded they are not to be treated like "Kraken mines 3 slaves farming for lockeds all the time" and

when the devs listened to the community feedback they removed it. And then people wanted KM3 to come back the instant it was gone.

And when people talked of hydra and it's crazy gold drops, they also removed it and now people want it back the instant gold drops have been removed.

There will always be an over reaction over the littlest of things

Not everyone can be satisfied

Newcomx
10-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Hydra is boring map... Players go there for gold loot... If there no gold loot, and the arcane gear so rare, nobody want to go there.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

Obooo
10-03-2018, 10:35 AM
Last night, i tried random hydra. Most of the time there were enough players joining the random map. Not too bad. Now i m too poor to buy, but i think mire artifact will be cheap soon since so many players are farming

Unske
10-03-2018, 12:31 PM
dear rogue you always leave warior and mage ... dead hydra [emoji14]

Sent from my Redmi 3S using Tapatalk

Alwarez
10-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Are you kidding me? After gold nerf most of good rogues with mire/tainted sets are playing without dumb parties. Just come random hydra and you see 1 rogue with good stats at least. And I just saw somebody loot force artifact.

Flamesofanger
10-03-2018, 02:19 PM
Hydra is still up and healthy, I've seen multiple people loot Mireguard artifacts :)

Ebereasider
10-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Hydra and infested started dropping mire amu now

judyb
10-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Need gl root

나의 SM-G960F 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Bundlos
10-04-2018, 07:02 AM
People are playing now because of the arti drop, initially when the gold loot was completely erased I did not find a lot of players, but it is good that people are going back to the map :)