PDA

View Full Version : epic fail sts

ocagrevy
11-21-2011, 02:16 AM
I just wanted to say how i feel about the new changes to pl and how sts will lose a lot of money, from me atleast... so i cant remember my total plat use for 55-56 as for nuris 56-61 i used well over 1000 plat and continued to use elix (always) untill about two weeks before fang released. Since my grind from 55-56 i generaly buy 800 plat a week sometimes more. I also use pwnage elix for all farming. Mt. Fang released and i went from 61-66 using less than 700 plat. Now that 65 pinks are now almost unheard of and i cant farm lower lvl pinks, my plat purchases will go from 800 a week to 800 every 3 months or so! I know im not the only one who used elixers in the past this was simply cuz i farm with quite a few of them.

Heres some basic math
800plat multiplied by 12weeks or 3 months = 9600 plat
800plat multiplied by 1 = 800plat
So how is this a good move? Its not!
I hope this helps
EPIC FAIL :(

milikechicken
11-21-2011, 02:20 AM
o.o i wouldn't use elixers for boss hunting lol i'd use it for XP, but then again depends on your use of your real money... from how they're doing this, it's making the crafted sets way harder to get= more valuable, instead of dropping pinks 24/7 in nuri's..basically lowering the prices of the items quickly than in long time value (i'm sure mt fang will be here for AWHILE from what they're doing atm, seems like it)

Corpser
11-21-2011, 02:25 AM
And while you posted this you could have been farming without elixer so go out and get some pinks!

milikechicken
11-21-2011, 02:32 AM
And while you posted this you could have been farming without elixer so go out and get some pinks!

lol

ocagrevy
11-21-2011, 02:33 AM
Im not sure what thead but sam hayne said aproximately every 3months a new lvl cap will arive. And yes elixers for xp only now. About $550 every three months sts is going to lose from me. I know thats nothing to them but its going to add up

ocagrevy
11-21-2011, 02:36 AM

Um there are no pinks to farm thats the whole problem! 100000xp+ one 65pink and no crafting items
And i cant farm for anything else
Im better off wasting my time here :/

mafiainc42
11-21-2011, 02:53 AM
agreed

Ellyidol
11-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Don't be so quick to judge, they haven't even had the chance to adjust the loot tables :) You know how quick they respond when something isn't going right.

milikechicken
11-21-2011, 03:04 AM
Im not sure what thead but sam hayne said aproximately every 3months a new lvl cap will arive. And yes elixers for xp only now. About $550 every three months sts is going to lose from me. I know thats nothing to them but its going to add up

wow if that's true about a new lvl cap every 3 months then theres no point of x4ing elixers lmao, might as wait till it's all cap'd out.. tired of wasting money on a game, that's deciding to make it raise levels over and over, might as well make a huge update and cap the level to 120 or whatever. ..

ocagrevy
11-21-2011, 03:05 AM
Don't be so quick to judge, they haven't even had the chance to adjust the loot tables :) You know how quick they respond when something isn't going right.

If they adjust it or make it possible to loot anything under my lvl, well thats another thread. Untill then.....

milikechicken
11-21-2011, 03:22 AM
I will likely be the only person to complain…

I put in a lot of hours to gain level 61. I mean just level 60-61 was 100,000 xp (Not that it was hard). Also, I spent a lot of gold and time gaining my level 60 set of armor.

I don’t see the purpose anymore… the level cap increases to fast, it defeats the purpose of even trying to keep up with the jones’. I also don’t find a purpose to purchasing/hunting for the new armors when they are obsolete in 3-6 months.
Wouldn’t it make sense to increase the level cap to 61, then next update introduce a new hunting grounds, perhaps some level 61 armor (not 60…61!). About a year later increase the level cap to 66… so on and so forth.

As it stands now, ill log out for 2 years, come back when the cap is 81…. Level up in 5 days because the XP is ¼ what all the elite people did.

Frankly…
I believe the 4x elixir is a cash cow you guys are milking now. I predict a level increase every 3-6 months forever. Each new increase, 123412 players spend $50 on elixirs. This is a killer business model, but pretty crappy for the player experience.

Since I hit 61 I logged in for all of 10 mins…. No reason to play. No new armor, no new areas…nothing.

See you all at 81...maybe

**edit**
I would like to add....
increasing level caps so quickly will destroy the economy of equipment. We will never again need to"work" for our gear.

I couldn’t agree more! (as seen in my previous post).

What about the guys who were level 60 and 85,000 xp of the way to 61 going hard to get the vanity item? They log in to find all that 85,000xp is wasted, and GONE! Lol I would quit over that, fortunately I was already 61.

I did 100,000xp to go from 60-61… now if you are level 30 you will be 61 (31 levels!) for less than 100k XP.

Wouldn’t it make sense that when the level cap increases the 100k XP I did from level 60-61 was at least put towards level 66? (NO, I LOSE IT?! 100k XP GONE?!) Lol a 61 should be 65 when the cap was raised… we already did the XP. This is not complaining, it should be common sense.

What about people with the latest greatest armors which are worth nothing now? Frankly, I don’t see how armor can have any value anymore. The level cap will be raised every 3 months, thus the latest greatest armor is worth nothing. Look in the AH right now, items are selling for 1mil+ you will go WORK your butt off to get the gold to own something nice… BUT by the time you get the set the level cap will increase and you can replace your 2million gold armor with green 500 gold items.

BTW I love all the 15yr olds agreeing with the authority (kissing ***) so they too can become guardians one day and work for free? Lol.
Seriously people, get an opinion, don’t just agree with the BS your fed.

The truth of the matter is this is a cash cow via elixirs. Pocket legends is a company, they want to make money… as do we all. Make no mistake about it, these accelerated XP windows are not to promote community, It is to promote $$ via elixir.

i don't see them talking about changing it every 3months? it's just ppl saying that they would from what they've noticed nuri to Mt fang in 3 months.. But Sam did say that it'd be around november, so people technically had their notification, he just didn't say what exact date... and i doubt they'd change it every 3months.. seems to me hopefully more like every year or two for level caps.. otherwise it'd be very hard for people to catch up that don't have cash to blow off on games.. So technically their crazy loco exp event would fail if they do the 3months raise level caps... Think about it.. sam said that they're trying to help the underdogs to level up to 65s ish to catch upto us..Why would they raise it? so then they can do another event again and lose profit(profit as in if they didn't have this crazy event, then basically you'd be buying x4 or what not to aid yourself)

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?41110-Mount-Fang-in-November&highlight=november

JaytB
11-21-2011, 04:07 AM
Hey oca, it's most probably a bug IMO. Devs have been informed about it via this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=42942

It has been weekend, so they haven't been able to respond yet. But I'm sure they will give at least a response to this.

Many people feel the same as you do right now, but it's only fair to give them some time to look into it :)

Arterra
11-21-2011, 04:56 AM
...I have to ask...

Why do you need so many elixers? All i have used plat for was vanity stuff, events, and dungeons. Occasionally I would use elixers, but mostly just the gold kind. I did fine.
I'm not attacking you or anybody, I'm just concerned about this elixer chugging phase in PL

ocagrevy
11-21-2011, 05:14 AM
Hey oca, it's most probably a bug IMO. Devs have been informed about it via this thread: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?t=42942

It has been weekend, so they haven't been able to respond yet. But I'm sure they will give at least a response to this.

Many people feel the same as you do right now, but it's only fair to give them some time to look into it :)

I hope its some kind of bug. But with all the threads and not a single word not even a peep (even though its the weekend) makes me grrrr.

ocagrevy
11-21-2011, 05:21 AM
...I have to ask...

Why do you need so many elixers? All i have used plat for was vanity stuff, events, and dungeons. Occasionally I would use elixers, but mostly just the gold kind. I did fine.
I'm not attacking you or anybody, I'm just concerned about this elixer chugging phase in PL

No worries. And dont get me wrong i buy plenty of vanitys including pet bats. But my main reason for having such a pot addiction, is time. i work a lot and dont feel like devoting my weekend nights to pl (unless a new map is released) 2nd you get more pinks i know ppl will argue this but if you kill more u get more drops and more pinks. Thats why im a elixer junkie

flyingscv
11-21-2011, 05:22 AM
Honestly why would you need to spend so much plats to farm? I find it easier to just buy it off cs. If you merch you pretty much can afford all the goodies without all the labour

ocagrevy
11-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Honestly why would you need to spend so much plats to farm? I find it easier to just buy it off cs. If you merch you pretty much can afford all the goodies without all the labour

i dont need i choose. being a merchant takes time. if a drop is not what i can use or what i want i sell it but thats it. lets just say when nuris arrived i had to purchase another toon to hold my earnings from a week of farming. can earning gold be any faster by being a merchant? also i find farming more entertaining

Arterra
11-21-2011, 06:43 AM
No worries. And dont get me wrong i buy plenty of vanitys including pet bats. But my main reason for having such a pot addiction, is time. i work a lot and dont feel like devoting my weekend nights to pl (unless a new map is released) 2nd you get more pinks i know ppl will argue this but if you kill more u get more drops and more pinks. Thats why im a elixer junkie

thats a pretty darn airtight argument! i guess the latest content is pretty grind-related, and you do what you have to.