PDA

View Full Version : Silver/Gold Loot

flaimdude
07-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Aka loot that is actually worth the 200k+ you are gonna pay for it.

Silver: 1% drop rate, actually epic stats every time. Yes, really.
Gold: One of a kind randomized items with truly legendary stats, <0.5% drop rate. Yes, again, really.

These would be epic. :)

EDIT: Oh, and just bunch the grays into whites cause they're all pretty much the same anyways.

flaimdude
07-14-2010, 08:23 PM
This thread is so epic it scared everybody else away. :P

bmc85uk
07-14-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd be happy with a higher more rare grade of loot

KingFu
07-15-2010, 12:03 AM
Are you really lvl 30 or did you forget to change your sig?

birdfacer
07-15-2010, 08:54 AM
i like this :)

FluffNStuff
07-15-2010, 10:00 AM
Aka loot that is actually worth the 200k+ you are gonna pay for it.

I have both an Alien Blaster of Osiris and a Pharoahs Crossbow of Osiris. Other then the Pharoahs Crossbow doing two more damage, they are exactly the same. Guess which one I could sell for 200k+ and which one I might be able to sell for 20k+. So what makes loot actually worth 200k+ ?

flaimdude
07-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Are you really lvl 30 or did you forget to change your sig?

Oop, my bad, I'm level 31 now.

Elffy
07-15-2010, 10:42 AM
The thing I don't understand the most is why armour is the only stat that gets upgraded, between gear 5 lvls apart.

Jstizar
07-15-2010, 11:26 AM
I like the idea of having rarer items in the game but I also have some problems with it. Considering the incredibly low drop rate of these silver/gold items there is going to be a lot of farming which for people trying to level can get to be a pain and depending on how much better the stats are these items will sell for much more than 200k. Meaning, it will just start another trend of finding really rare items, selling them for way too much and repeating the process until the item loses its rarity and inflates the economy. You could say that it can't happen if the items actually don't drop that often but it is surprising how deteremined and persistent people can be when faced with a challenge. However..the things I just said are unfortunately a part of the game that really can't be changed. :P

flaimdude
07-18-2010, 10:22 PM
I like the idea of having rarer items in the game but I also have some problems with it. Considering the incredibly low drop rate of these silver/gold items there is going to be a lot of farming which for people trying to level can get to be a pain and depending on how much better the stats are these items will sell for much more than 200k. Meaning, it will just start another trend of finding really rare items, selling them for way too much and repeating the process until the item loses its rarity and inflates the economy. You could say that it can't happen if the items actually don't drop that often but it is surprising how deteremined and persistent people can be when faced with a challenge. However..the things I just said are unfortunately a part of the game that really can't be changed. :P

That's why one of a kind randomized items. ;)