PDA

View Full Version : pets are too expensive?

Skeletonlord
11-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Hey guys. Do any of you think pets are a bit overpriced? 500 plat for rivet Is quite a lot of money

Bakoffmycandy
11-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Its been discussed before. I don't have a link to the thread off hand. It was stated that anyone who who purchased a RIVET for 500 plat would be outraged if they dropped in price. I personally bought x2 of them 1rst day they were available through the Deal of the Day. Since then I think it has poped up 3 times now on the DOTD for 250 Plat. So only suggestion would be Hawk the DOTD with a close eye. You never know what kinda of discount is being offered.

ninjaduck
11-21-2011, 03:09 PM
ZOMG you bought two?? thats just krazy. aahh... kids with credit cards... JK LOL!

Ambrogino
11-21-2011, 03:14 PM
What about the pets for 40 plat???

Bakoffmycandy
11-21-2011, 07:37 PM
ZOMG you bought two?? thats just krazy. aahh... kids with credit cards... JK LOL!

LoL,yea I bought 2 of them. I have 3 characters I play on a regular. I figured, for 250 plat a piece would be the same as purchasing 1 with out the deal of the day. All fair in my eyes.

On another note, I am grown lol. I thought you knew this. There is a good portion of the STS community that are adults. We adults, usually contribute to society by working & spending our hard earned money where we see fit to keep the economy going. Its a vicious cycle lol. I for one have no problem purchasing Plat when I am able, to help support STS & further development of there games. From an old MMO background, I really like there games & the direction they are heading.

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 03:59 PM
What about the pets for 40 plat???

Still out of my budget!

Vearisea
11-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Still out of my budget!

Dude really? 75 plat is only 9.99$

Cytokinesis
11-23-2011, 08:06 PM
thats kinda mean

javier995
11-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Still out of my budget!

Not called for. Note that although some may habeas the money, they don't have the ability to buy it. Buying plat is very hard for some, don't say those kinds of things since some people don't have the ability to buy plat like others. Some can't buy plat at all, due to their age or some real life problem.

Fac3bon3s
11-23-2011, 10:17 PM
250 plat is still around 30$. Which IMO is way to much to ask for a single vanity item in game. I think STS knows that younger people are more likely to purchase these items. So they have no problem listing the price at an amount a family could go out and eat dinner for.

xxteargodxx
11-24-2011, 12:01 AM
I agree, pets are way too expensive even at 40 Platinum. I think 15-20 is reasonable since that can be quite easily achieved through the free platinum system. I personally have quit the game because I grew tired of it, and expensive vanity items was one of the reasons I've quit.

Iron Hand
11-24-2011, 12:12 AM
i have the ability to buy platinum and i find way too much for a rivet... vanity pets should be no more than 5.00 dollars as i can get a whole add-on dugeon set with new armor pieces and weapons and bad boss to fight for my mass effect 2 game for this price and for 15.00 dollars i can buy whole games.. yep not a good buy for a cool idea... bring it down sts and come up with some more that are appealing to all. if the pet actually added a combat bonus, defense and or a special skill then i could see a little more expense but just for something to look at no way man i can do with out... but this is just me and my opion but do see others share it.

WhoIsThis
11-24-2011, 12:13 AM
LoL,yea I bought 2 of them. I have 3 characters I play on a regular. I figured, for 250 plat a piece would be the same as purchasing 1 with out the deal of the day. All fair in my eyes.

On another note, I am grown lol. I thought you knew this. There is a good portion of the STS community that are adults. We adults, usually contribute to society by working & spending our hard earned money where we see fit to keep the economy going. Its a vicious cycle lol. I for one have no problem purchasing Plat when I am able, to help support STS & further development of there games. From an old MMO background, I really like there games & the direction they are heading.

The good news is that there are adults to be honest. It brings a bit of maturity into the community. Plus, adults have a much higher ability to spend money than teenagers would.

SuperNas
11-24-2011, 04:54 AM
think about this....it will cost you $49.99 (cheapest way to get a rivet) to have a rivet pet on a video game. The same pets that don't benifit you in game and on top of that it doesn't even look cool smh that's just insane to me. I'm not complaining though i don't like how the pets just circle around you so idc what the price is i wouldn't buy one.

Onaraasider
11-24-2011, 08:02 AM
5dollar turkeys are worth it

Fac3bon3s
11-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Pets should be achieved not purchased. Have a specific quest line that involves a bunch of work on several different campaigns. I'm not going to buy a pet because it doesn't seem like a logical way to spend money. But I would buy new campaigns or a few items here and there to help improve my characters.

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Pets should be achieved not purchased. Have a specific quest line that involves a bunch of work on several different campaigns. I'm not going to buy a pet because it doesn't seem like a logical way to spend money. But I would buy new campaigns or a few items here and there to help improve my characters.

Understood, though I always do my bit to help with these fun and important events (even if I don't celebrate it from where I live). Mostly just a great way to uplift the atmosphere :)

Agreed that Pets should 'also' be able to be found within the game, and was hoping that would have been impleted straight after the main Pet at the beginning, guess time will only tell on that one.

Pharcyde
11-24-2011, 01:39 PM

STS moved away from platinum for game content. Pets like rivet are what feed STS. Why should there be any other way to obtain a pet? Pets are for looks, and fun.

Fbabe
11-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Boys, this is about a piece of decoration that is not messing with any game mechanics. They can charge how much they like. You don't go to a haute cuisine restaurants and ask them why they charge so much more than McDonalds, do you?

What more ppl should be interested in is this new legendary set with plat shield. The damage bonus is huge and give you real big advantage against non-plat players, which means you need to switch to pay-mode if you want to be competitive at all...
If that is the general direction of this game, I'd prefer monthly payments for real games, and not this kind of sneaky money grab actions.

XxReiReixX
11-24-2011, 02:12 PM
Hey guys. Do any of you think pets are a bit overpriced? 500 plat for rivet Is quite a lot of money
Although I agree that at times they seem very expensive, we must remember that they are extra. Because they are extra, they are there for people that can waste their money on them. I advise that you buy the turkey since it is the cheapest.

Ebalere
11-24-2011, 02:33 PM
thats kinda mean

It's true IMO, if you MUST have a pet, shovel driveways. If you cant round up ten bucks for something that you deem that important, then it must not be that important. 10 bucks this day and age is really not hard to come by. There's giftcards from visa that go as low as $25, and they are sold generally everywhere. I mean, save your pop cans for a month, mow lawns, shovel snow, and you can make $25 pretty easily.

If it's not worth it to you to put the effort in, then don't buy it and don't complain about expensive vanities that don't affect gameplay. Hell, do free offers for a week or two. I find it hard to believe that anyone who can afford (or parents can afford) a device and the wifi/service needed to play the game, can't scrounge up 10 bucks to buy some plat.
Whether you're 14 or 44, if you're that dead set on it, you'll find a way. If not, you got more problems ahead of ya than a bunch of pixels (or lack of) in a video game.

*This is just my opinion, I understand there are special exceptions for people, and this is in no way directed at my guildmate, Skeletonlord. I'm just tired of hearing about expensive vanities that in no way affect gameplay. Also, Rivet has been given away multiple times, and more to come I'm sure, so keep your chin up guys!*

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 02:52 PM
Found this great post.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?43495-For-The-Love-of-Star-Legends...-STOP-COMPLAINING!-)

XxReiReixX
11-24-2011, 02:54 PM
It's true IMO, if you MUST have a pet, shovel driveways. If you cant round up ten bucks for something that you deem that important, then it must not be that important. 10 bucks this day and age is really not hard to come by. There's giftcards from visa that go as low as $25, and they are sold generally everywhere. I mean, save your pop cans for a month, mow lawns, shovel snow, and you can make $25 pretty easily.

If it's not worth it to you to put the effort in, then don't buy it and don't complain about expensive vanities that don't affect gameplay. Hell, do free offers for a week or two. I find it hard to believe that anyone who can afford (or parents can afford) a device and the wifi/service needed to play the game, can't scrounge up 10 bucks to buy some plat.
Whether you're 14 or 44, if you're that dead set on it, you'll find a way. If not, you got more problems ahead of ya than a bunch of pixels (or lack of) in a video game.

*This is just my opinion, I understand there are special exceptions for people, and this is in no way directed at my guildmate, Skeletonlord. I'm just tired of hearing about expensive vanities that in no way affect gameplay. Also, Rivet has been given away multiple times, and more to come I'm sure, so keep your chin up guys!*
I do agree with Ebalere. but because of either the purchase having to be done by credit card or for IOS users by itunes card or others, the 10 dollars comes easy but the way to put the money to platinum doesnt. personally, i miss alot of deals of the day because i havent gotten around to buying an itunes card for platinum.
but like he said, if its important, then you would do it and if not then you wont. just keep in mind that the pet vanities are extras for people that can get it, thus not making it that important. have a great day people.

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 02:56 PM
Found this great post.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?43495-For-The-Love-of-Star-Legends...-STOP-COMPLAINING!-)

"Found" eh :p

XxReiReixX
11-24-2011, 02:57 PM
lol

Rodvik
11-24-2011, 03:05 PM

You like that :smirk:

Xscoopx
11-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Finally, someone to talk about this! deal of the day is still $30 worth of plat, and to be honest, I'm not gonna spend that on a robot that just follows me around. I could get a decent used game for that price, but I guess sts has to pay the water bills

XxReiReixX
11-24-2011, 03:20 PM
Finally, someone to talk about this! deal of the day is still $30 worth of plat, and to be honest, I'm not gonna spend that on a robot that just follows me around. I could get a decent used game for that price, but I guess sts has to pay the water bills
maybe it does cost as much as a used game. but think about it this way, SL is a free game and you only need plat if you want something that cost plat. for me, i just decide to spen that money on this game than on a used game since i actually like this game over other games. it really is just what you want to spend your money on.

people would say that it is a waste of money buying a $30 robot for a game but if you buy a used game its not. hmmmm... i wonder why?... they are for the same reason which is for a game and for your enjoyment.... some people just have to rethink what they say :D

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 03:36 PM

So you're happy with 'Plat' players as they have been dubbed, spending their hard earned cash.. so that non-plat players have a chance of playing. Is it not just all ways to help STS revenue, if players that don't have that kind of cash lying around so be it. But please do not label players (Directly/Indirectly) that like to pay Plat for exclusive vanity or event content, if you don't need to buy it to play the game, then there's no problem.

If the new content was released though they changed it back (PL) to pay-to-play that would be something to worry about. Until then be glad there are players that are willing to do so on others behalf.

Keep seeing this throughout, STS is not ripping us off in any way shape or form. We have a choice, if we want to buy the highly priced Plat items we do.. if not then that's all good too.

arischal
11-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Just get a Turkey... 30 plat or get a cat for what? 50 plat

XxReiReixX
11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Just get a Turkey... 30 plat or get a cat for what? 50 plat
do as he says since it is the cheapest pet out there

Bakoffmycandy
11-24-2011, 04:47 PM
You guys seem to forget that the RIVET was the 1rst Pet available in game. A handful have been implemented since & none have been even half that expensive. It is an exclusive pet for those who decide to buy it or won it in a contest.

Eb makes some very good points. If its something you really want, put your mind to it & it will eventually happen. As for the comment on It Being Hard to Purchase Plat.
I have 4 devices that all play STS games. All of them go through different systems for purchasing. It is not difficult in any way to purchase plat no matter what the method.

I have suggested in the correct Suggestion thread recently about Rare Pet Drops. They should be achievable through other means besides plat purchased pets.