PDA

View Full Version : Guild Symbols

Artentreri
11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Just a suggestion, but I thought it would be cool if guilds could have their own personal vanity shield or something like that with a personalized symbol on them.

Skeletonlord
11-21-2011, 02:40 PM
this is a good idea! like the idea about a special shield!

Onaraasider
11-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I have more u could add to make the devs like it, u need to have the guild master pay platinum for a special shield for each of the members or for officers or recruiters, or special ppl they choose. The price will vary depending on the size and the amount needed. To help u I'm gonna get this thread ,over before it's closed.

Skeletonlord
11-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Another good idea!

ninjaduck
11-21-2011, 03:07 PM
nah i say normal shields but with little engravings or emblms on them. Devs would NEVER give an unfair advantage to those without the platinum, and trust me if this eer was an idea, it would cost AALLLOOTTT!

Artentreri
11-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I thought about that though, and I figured that free vanity shields isn't too awful much too come off of, ya know? I mean, they just made bank with mt fang, and we already have to pay to start guilds, so why not just make this one thing free? Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from and appreciate your help, I just figure that one free shield type isn't gonna bankrupt them.

Artentreri
11-21-2011, 07:44 PM
And please, if anyone has any ideas for symbols please post. I noticed a few very good artists in a couple other threads, so if you have any ideas or just general suggestions let me know. :eagerness:

Onaraasider
11-21-2011, 08:05 PM
I thought about that though, and I figured that free vanity shields isn't too awful much too come off of, ya know? I mean, they just made bank with mt fang, and we already have to pay to start guilds, so why not just make this one thing free? Don't get me wrong, I completely understand where you're coming from and appreciate your help, I just figure that one free shield type isn't gonna bankrupt them.Maybe depending on what guild charteru buy u can get asmall or large shield.default having smallest and castle being the largest
Edit:i meant a regular Nontradeable shield not vanity.

RedRyder
11-21-2011, 08:09 PM
I say no to vanity shields. That may be a bit difficult to incorporate. However, I'm all for personalized guild emblems, like a graphic that appears next to the our guild names over our heads, in place of the gold/silver orbs.

They would cost say, 50 plat? And would be able to customize in game through an npc, with a number of symbols, letters, or numbers that we could place and rotate (sort of like emblems in call of duty). Or have a grid with a set number of squares that we can fill in with assorted colers to create the graphic.

An issue that may arise are players creating innapropriate emblems (private body parts, violent imagery). I guess this would apply for reporting innapropriate behavior such as the names, but images can be more direct than words. It would be a problem since devs arent on 24hr call for such things, and the offenders would be out and about until then. Perhaps making emblems cost more than 50 plat would make one think twice before being naughty.

Artentreri
11-21-2011, 08:10 PM
Definitely a good call, buckler for 1 tier, medium shield for 2 tier, and maybe a gemmed shield for 3 tier? If you need to charge for it, make it so that it starts out silver, then you can upgrade to gold for a couple plat or something?

Onaraasider
11-21-2011, 08:12 PM
I say no to vanity shields. That may be a bit difficult to incorporate. However, I'm all for personalized guild emblems, like a graphic that appears next to the out guild names over our heads, in place of the gold/silver orbs.Nice idea

Artentreri
11-21-2011, 08:12 PM
I was thinkin somethin a little bigger than that dot, but still a good call.

KTpantyhose
11-21-2011, 08:13 PM
i think it would be neat if we could design something like you can on mario kart for ds when you're designing your emblem for your car. maybe design it for another 20 plat and anyone in your guild who would want to buy your design it would cost them like 10 plat or something.

Artentreri
11-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Yeah, but should it really cost 20 plat? I mean, that seems kinda steep.. I was thinkin like 5, if that. With everything else to spend it on, why charge that much extra?

RedRyder
11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
i think it would be neat if we could design something like you can on mario kart for ds when you're designing your emblem for your car. maybe design it for another 20 plat and anyone in your guild who would want to buy your design it would cost them like 10 plat or something.

I edited my post to include that as well, but it looks like I was ninja'd while editing lol.

Onaraasider
11-21-2011, 08:20 PM
I say no to vanity shields. That may be a bit difficult to incorporate. However, I'm all for personalized guild emblems, like a graphic that appears next to the out guild names over our heads, in place of the gold/silver orbs.

They would cost say, 50 plat? And would be able to customize in game through an npc, with a number of symbols, letters, or numbers that we could place and rotate (sort of like emblems in call of duty). Or have a grid with a set number of squares that we can fill in with assorted colers to create or graphic.

An issue that may arise are players creating innapropriate emblems (private body parts, violent imagery). I guess this would apply for reporting innapropriate behavior such as the names, but images can be more direct than words, and would be a problem since devs arent on 24hr call for such things, and the offenders would be out and about until then. Perhaps making emblems cost more than 50 play would make one think twice before being naughty.that is even better idea now!

Mastercon
11-21-2011, 08:24 PM
I love this idea! Yes I also think that this should be free. Also, I think that you could have a certain deal depending on the guild hall you buy. Here is the deal for each guild hall:
DEFAULT: Shield only for guild master
SMALL: Shields for master and officers
MEDIUM: Shields for Recruiters, officers, and master.
LARGE: Shields for all!
Also, to design it, there should be a tav for the guild master to create the shield design. Then he/she could post a thread showing the finished product, and the guild members decide if they like it ir not! I encourage this idea to be shown to the game developers. Bye all!

-Mastercon

NYCFanMan
11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Maybe it could cost plat like the guild halls.

Roc
11-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Guild leaders could always be required to submit their designs to the devs before it is implemented, which would avoid any no-no designs ;) They would have to wait for approval, of course, but for some customization I know I would be willing to wait :)

Onaraasider
11-21-2011, 09:33 PM
I love this idea! Yes I also think that this should be free. Also, I think that you could have a certain deal depending on the guild hall you buy. Here is the deal for each guild hall:
DEFAULT: Shield only for guild master
SMALL: Shields for master and officers
MEDIUM: Shields for Recruiters, officers, and master.
LARGE: Shields for all!
Also, to design it, there should be a tav for the guild master to create the shield design. Then he/she could post a thread showing the finished product, and the guild members decide if they like it ir not! I encourage this idea to be shown to the game developers. Bye all!

-MasterconPssst... Ninja'd

Onaraasider
11-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Pssst... Ninja'dsorta

KTpantyhose
11-22-2011, 09:07 AM
lol sorry! i think it would be a good idea. and if we saw a shield inappropriate it would be reported and i think dev's could maybe have an approvement process. like after they were done they would have to wait 12 hours to use it or something just to prevent things like that from happening.

RedRyder
11-22-2011, 09:53 AM
lol sorry! i think it would be a good idea. and if we saw a shield inappropriate it would be reported and i think dev's could maybe have an approvement process. like after they were done they would have to wait 12 hours to use it or something just to prevent things like that from happening.

But it'd be a lot of work on their part, especially including all the other work they have :( dont get me wrong, I'd love for the emblem idea to get implemented, I don't think it'd be very probable.

deviousdemon
11-22-2011, 10:08 AM
any guild vanity would prolly break vanity set bonus :(

at that point many of my guildies might only wear it in towns but fo sho not while doin runs!?

id prefer this guild symbol idea!

RedRyder
11-22-2011, 10:23 AM
any guild vanity would prolly break vanity set bonus :(

at that point many of my guildies might only wear it in towns but fo sho not while doin runs!?

id prefer this guild symbol idea!

That's another plus with te symbol :) but if the devs really wanted to, they could create a seperate vanity slot. It'd be kind of pointless though, you'd only have one emblem at a time.

Artentreri
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
The devs could be the ones to choose the emblems, have a lot of them submitted and they pick 50-100 of them for us to choose from. Then for the extra 5 plat or whatever be able to customized with gems, smaller emblems around the large ones, stuff like that. I've been thinking about this for a while, so I'm just tryin to throw in whatever ideas I can.

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM

this is a great idea!

xxxmikelxxx
11-22-2011, 03:02 PM
Interview idea dude.

xBearSpiritx
11-22-2011, 03:05 PM
I kinda made a similar suggestion once but instead, I would love it if they could implement a tabard showing your guild emblem or something representing your guild.

The concept is probably too difficult to implement tho...

Artentreri
11-22-2011, 03:52 PM
That's a good call too, and I gotta say that is one of the sickest sigs I've seen in a long time haha.

oxdream81
11-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Just a suggestion, but I thought it would be cool if guilds could have their own personal vanity shield or something like that with a personalized symbol on them.

soooo cooooool idea :)

vanity item that's good idea!

Natcaviq
11-22-2011, 05:36 PM
What a neat idea!

Mushies
02-23-2012, 09:15 PM
that is a super duper idea art :)
i have teir 3 so thats good...
but i like the idea about the shields... maybe you could choose for a whole armor pack? like the guild master can purchase the ability for everyone in the guild to get the costumes and the guild members, recruiters and officers have to pay a certain amount of money... like maybe 10-20 plat for costume and 30 plat for the ability to get the costumes...?? and the guild master should get something special so people know who they are? like a crown of their costume/armor has something different? like maybe more sparkles then everyone else in the guild or just something that says that they are guild masters?

i like were this is headiing.. good job everyone and devs please come here??

this mighten make sence. sorry for any inconvience...