PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on a L105 Tourney (not honor)

NukeDragon
10-01-2018, 04:07 PM
I am wanting everyone that is interested to post their ideas about a L105 Tourney. Considering a 3v3 or 5v5 tourney, but leaning more towards a 5v5 like Ghost's ctf l105 tourney. I am also planning to allow both foxes and rhinos, although they will be allowed to use any set they want. Thinking on starting after the current honor tourney or at least to get teams together. Let me know what you think.

Muzzling
10-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Yess, 5v5 sounds great lmk when this in confirmed and supported by cinco and ill make a team

NukeDragon
10-02-2018, 10:42 AM
Based off Feedback off discord some people are asking to do a 3v3. I will be putting this in my tournament. Keep ideas coming. Tell me what team composition should be, and also how we can bring in rhinos and foxes.

Vivalalunacy
10-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Just saying that talons should not be allowed to use for any class. The argument of being more tanky doesn't count because in a 5v5 you have bears or str rhinos for this job.
It makes no fun to vs any class if they use a talon.

# Money brings the Victory [emoji14]

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

NukeDragon
10-02-2018, 10:58 AM
I didn't say that talons were not allowed but what I am thinking is to have fox and rhino join in with the ability to use any set of choice, but all other classes stick to their own sets. Like Int mage, str bear, and dex birds.

Draebatad
10-02-2018, 01:28 PM
IMHO it should be only the original three classes of mage, bird and bear. Feels like there was a strikingly similar tourney not too long ago.

NukeDragon
10-02-2018, 03:32 PM
IMHO it should be only the original three classes of mage, bird and bear. Feels like there was a strikingly similar tourney not too long ago.

Very sure I want to include all classes tbh, I would like this because there are some people that main fox and rhino and wouldn't want to lose them because of tourney rules.

NukeDragon
10-03-2018, 11:42 AM
So I am thinking 3v3 tourney
- any class allowed
- any team composition (limit to one per class, no 2-3 rhinos for example)
- rhino and fox can use whatever set, and the rest with class specific gear

Idevour
10-03-2018, 12:57 PM
So I am thinking 3v3 tourney
- any class allowed
- any team composition (limit to one per class, no 2-3 rhinos for example)
- rhino and fox can use whatever set, and the rest with class specific gear

This would have very unbalanced teams and would result in the winning team having a bear, mage, and a talon/str rhino.
To have a balanced 3v3 tournament teams should consist of 1 mage/rhino int gear, 1 bird/fox dex gear, and 1 str bear

NukeDragon
10-03-2018, 02:32 PM
This would have very unbalanced teams and would result in the winning team having a bear, mage, and a talon/str rhino.
To have a balanced 3v3 tournament teams should consist of 1 mage/rhino int gear, 1 bird/fox dex gear, and 1 str bear
So int rhino? I like it! I favor these ideas from you.

Muzzling
10-03-2018, 03:28 PM
Just saying that talons should not be allowed to use for any class. The argument of being more tanky doesn't count because in a 5v5 you have bears or str rhinos for this job.
It makes no fun to vs any class if they use a talon.

# Money brings the Victory [emoji14]

Not being allowed to use talon as a bird? No offense buts thats the most ignorant request ive seen. Talon birds arent the problem, talon mages arent allowed in tourney, birds can use talon/bow and mage can use wand/staff as i see it.

Vivalalunacy
10-03-2018, 03:37 PM
Not being allowed to use talon as a bird? No offense buts thats the most ignorant request ive seen. Talon birds arent the problem, talon mages arent allowed in tourney, birds can use talon/bow and mage can use wand/staff as i see it.You're right. Was just not well thought about.
5v5 with bears and talon birds at one team sounds like much fun

fruitbattwo
10-03-2018, 04:15 PM
The decision to create a tournament is entirely up to you, but if I had a say in it I would recommend holding off until some sort of balance patch comes in, or the next cap. I could see a lot of drama coming from certain isssues. But I guess That may just be unavoidable regardless

Fwend
10-04-2018, 12:59 AM
Another pvp tourney will inject activity in pvp, that will be great.

Perhaps 3vs3 or less? Makes scheduling easier, and you will have less delays in matches.

Make your rules clear from the start, and please do include the no drama rule of 3 strikes and banned from the tournament.

I wish you all the best of luck hosting.

Jilsponie
10-04-2018, 01:56 AM
Not being allowed to use talon as a bird? No offense buts thats the most ignorant request ive seen. Talon birds arent the problem, talon mages arent allowed in tourney, birds can use talon/bow and mage can use wand/staff as i see it.It would force a more traditional gameplay with the bear as the best tank. If you didn't notice in the CTF tournament birds got most flags because they tank better than a bear with talon proc.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

NukeDragon
10-04-2018, 07:47 AM
It would force a more traditional gameplay with the bear as the best tank. If you didn't notice in the CTF tournament birds got most flags because they tank better than a bear with talon proc.

Ok well keep the comments coming, I do think the talon birds will still be allowed.

NukeDragon
10-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Although, I hope to see some foxes, staffs, and zaelwyn swords being used. These are less used because they are weak or not good for team fights; which I will understand if no one uses.

Idevour
10-04-2018, 11:56 AM
It would force a more traditional gameplay with the bear as the best tank. If you didn't notice in the CTF tournament birds got most flags because they tank better than a bear with talon proc.

That is not the reasoning behind birds getting more flags. The main reason was because you needed your bear to be defending as crowd control is the most important aspect of winning ctf games.

mi hawk
10-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Nice idea what about sts make new level it's almost 2019 already :)

NukeDragon
10-11-2018, 01:28 PM
That’s why I want to get this going

Nice idea what about sts make new level it's almost 2019 already :)

NukeDragon
10-16-2018, 03:44 PM
I would really like to host this tournament, I appreciate any assistance I can get for this. I know a lot of drama has been going around. I plan to run it as smoothly if not smoother than Dolloway's tourney. I wanna try to get this going before the next cap, like everyone is saying.

burntoutdex
10-16-2018, 05:22 PM
I would really like to host this tournament, I appreciate any assistance I can get for this. I know a lot of drama has been going around. I plan to run it as smoothly if not smoother than Dolloway's tourney. I wanna try to get this going before the next cap, like everyone is saying.

Wait atleast until after halloween, and then imo another week or two.. people need breaks in between things like tournaments and events - they are draining.

just my 2cents, but do as you wish

Nihiliste
10-16-2018, 06:42 PM

“Smoother than Dolloway’s tourney.”

What are you talking about? In the last couple months, there has been no other tourney that has ran as smooth as Dolloway’s 105 tourney. His tournaments work for good reasons. I highly disagree with having teams run any composition and any set they want. Certain classes/teams when combined are more imbalanced than others, especially with talon sets.

NukeDragon
10-16-2018, 07:24 PM
I did not mean it that way. I agree that Dolloway ran an amazing Tournament. I was meaning that if given a chance that I would attempt to run an even smoother tournament, which will be extremely hard due to such a great hosted tournament by Dolloway. Sorry if the point I tried to convey was thought otherwise than what I tried to say.

What are you talking about? In the last couple months, there has been no other tourney that has ran as smooth as Dolloway’s 105 tourney. His tournaments work for good reasons. I highly disagree with having teams run any composition and any set they want. Certain classes/teams when combined are more imbalanced than others, especially with talon sets.

iceQueen69
10-18-2018, 12:47 AM

wasn't very smooth the way u smashed every single person in the competition :sorrow::indecisiveness:

NukeDragon
10-18-2018, 10:57 AM
I would appreciate that there not be any drama created on any of my post, please refrain from doing so or your post will be deleted.

wasn't very smooth the way u smashed every single person in the competition :sorrow::indecisiveness:

burntoutdex
10-19-2018, 12:09 AM
I would appreciate that there not be any drama created on any of my post, please refrain from doing so or your post will be deleted.

It was sarcastic d:

Mine AGK
10-19-2018, 12:36 AM
Rhinos and foxes should not be allowed to participate. If you do however allow rhino to participate. It should only be allowed int due to it replacing a mage. Fox stays talon due to it replacing bird. We already saw how much an advantage 3 talon sets gives you over 2 talon sets along with 1 being a healer/rev player :)

Yogaa
10-19-2018, 10:15 AM
Guys please before joining this tournament look at the 35 tournament which was closed due to bad host (Muzzling) from Apex.

It could happens again,they host it because they sure they can win but when they lose on their own tourney they start making random reason to disqualify teams and let the tournament die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NukeDragon
10-23-2018, 09:50 AM
I plan to run my tournament like dolloway, being fair and just, sticking with deadlines, having a no drama - 3 strikes rule.

Other tournaments, drama occured naturally through the different personalities. Some decisions where made that deemed unfair and against the rules, which was unfortunate.

I will run the tournament like a judge in a court. With no bias. I have nothing against any player in the game, and if situations arise where people are complaining about me. They will be disqualifed and all evidence will be avaiable for all to see for inappropriate remarks.

I am honest and trustworthy, I would just recommend giving me a chance!

Muzzling
10-23-2018, 01:30 PM
Guys please before joining this tournament look at the 35 tournament which was closed due to bad host (Muzzling) from Apex.

It could happens again,they host it because they sure they can win but when they lose on their own tourney they start making random reason to disqualify teams and let the tournament die

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also "they" isnt a part of it, i disqualified because they did something wrong but everyone only heard one side of the story ty.

NukeDragon
10-25-2018, 08:55 AM
Plan is to have this tourney posted about a week after the current Halloween event.

Absolize
10-26-2018, 02:17 AM
Good luck hosting, Rift!

NukeDragon
11-01-2018, 11:09 AM
I will be posting this tourney soon. If you have not started yet, please go ahead and start thinking about your teams. I will hope that everyone will participate.
I wish everyone luck in this tourney and look forward to seeing you all having fun.

Nihiliste
11-01-2018, 11:35 AM
I will be posting this tourney soon. If you have not started yet, please go ahead and start thinking about your teams. I will hope that everyone will participate.
I wish everyone luck in this tourney and look forward to seeing you all having fun.

I think you’re getting ahead of yourself.

NukeDragon
11-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Tournament is now posted! Please refer to the page if you have any questions, and contact me if needed. Thanks and have fun friends!

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?434136-L105-PVP-Tournament&p=2889747#post2889747