PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Chests: Enemies?

WoundedEagle
11-21-2011, 03:19 PM
I don't know if this is a bug or a suggestion, but Treasure Chests are marked as enemies on our maps. I noticed this in Dark Forest. I think they should be marked gold, as they are gold.

http://i1197.photobucket.com/albums/aa427/Woundedeagle2/74c4a3c9.jpg

maneatingtree
11-21-2011, 03:24 PM
Dude im srry to tell u but its been like thst for months lol :)

WoundedEagle
11-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Dude, I know, it has just come to my attention. And so what if it has been like that for months? lol. Still doesn't matter. If you noticed it months ago, why didn't you post a thread on it? O.o

maneatingtree
11-21-2011, 03:32 PM
I find it kinda helpful onowing i missed something :)

Skeletonlord
11-21-2011, 03:39 PM
Nice find!

Roc
11-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Maybe chests have been grouped with enemies because they can be eliminated from the environment? But I can see it being an issue when clearing and accidentally missing an enemy, the chests would look like the last enemies but actually weren't :grief:

arischal
11-21-2011, 03:47 PM
Dude, I know, it has just come to my attention. And so what if it has been like that for months? lol. Still doesn't matter. If you noticed it months ago, why didn't you post a thread on it? O.o

It changed after nuris since some treasure chests are bad guys. So you don't know which are which

drewcapu
11-21-2011, 03:51 PM

Different-minimap-color-for-chests-jugs-etc (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39241-Different-minimap-color-for-chests-jugs-etc)

Cahaun
11-21-2011, 03:54 PM
The chest pollute the areas. That's why they must be destroyed!

drewcapu
11-21-2011, 04:01 PM
It changed after nuris since some treasure chests are bad guys. So you don't know which are which

I think it would be better if they still had a different blip on the minimap. Then, once you engage the chest and the chest proves to be an enemy, the blip changes to a red triangle.

arischal
11-21-2011, 04:11 PM

Different-minimap-color-for-chests-jugs-etc (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39241-Different-minimap-color-for-chests-jugs-etc)

Ninjad a month ago!

Cascade
11-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Beware the treasure chests! When you turn your back on then they attack!

WoundedEagle
11-21-2011, 05:34 PM

Ooooops, oh well. there still hasn't been any attention to the issue so, why not lol.

Whirlzap
11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Wound join the FNA group!
(Forum Noobs Association, for peeps who fail to use search! Don't worry its not just you! Its you and me! And us' and FNA!)

JSL
11-22-2011, 11:30 AM
This is intentional. It helps players to see if they've missed a chest.

Gaunab
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM

The confusion didn't occur because they are marked, but rather because they are marked in the same colour as enemies (red). Wouldn't it be possible to have another colour for them for a clearer distinction?
Tyvm :)

JSL
11-22-2011, 11:54 AM
The confusion didn't occur because they are marked, but rather because they are marked in the same colour as enemies (red). Wouldn't it be possible to have another colour for them for a clearer distinction?
Tyvm :)

We're already looking into what we can do. I think a color change is a viable option, but remember, some chests are "mimics."

To play devil's advocate, why is the distinction important?

As far as I can tell, thinking a chest was an enemy would take just a few seconds to verify that it's just a chest. More so, the chests are always in the same spot on each map.

Yvonnel
11-22-2011, 12:14 PM

That's what I always thought.

Tapatalk'd from my PowerWashed Fascinate

WoundedEagle
11-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Wound join the FNA group!
(Forum Noobs Association, for peeps who fail to use search! Don't worry its not just you! Its you and me! And us' and FNA!)
Sigged!

drewcapu
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
We're already looking into what we can do. I think a color change is a viable option, but remember, some chests are "mimics."

To play devil's advocate, why is the distinction important?

As far as I can tell, thinking a chest was an enemy would take just a few seconds to verify that it's just a chest. More so, the chests are always in the same spot on each map.

See post #10.

Also, they used to be different, iirc.

JSL
11-22-2011, 03:30 PM
See post #10.

Also, they used to be different, iirc.

Post 10 is a great suggestion, but, that's what it is... a suggestion; not a bug report.

That doesn't at all mean that it's a bad suggestion. It does mean that there's a better place to post about it and your thoughts on why it should be changed.

Try posting here with suggestions and/or feedback you may have for changes. (http://www.spacetimestudios.com/forumdisplay.php?13-PL-Suggestions-and-Feedback)

We truly value this data / feedback!

WoundedEagle
11-22-2011, 04:14 PM
As stated, I was unaware if this was a bug or a suggestion to change. Thanks for clearing it up.

-we