PDA

View Full Version : The new AL Strat

badgirlchlo
10-03-2018, 01:14 AM
Whine until you get what you want!! Let's all call the game Mage Legends because they are better than rogues in every way in maus and hydra gl is no longer in existence. Ever heard of nerfing the gold on a map not just make a class useless again like it has been for over a year now? I have never run Hydra and have no gear for it and this is still frustrating.

Willyoulovemeplz
10-03-2018, 01:16 AM
Remember when rogue was op...do you also remember how long that lasted????

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

intizamfamily888
10-03-2018, 02:02 AM
Id be happy for getting a new higher dmg weapon with the same proc as drag blades.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

badgirlchlo
10-03-2018, 02:08 AM

I remember exactly how long it lasted.... We have new devs running the game now and they seem to be very anti-rogue, and everyone was very quick to jump the gun the first time rogues had any use in a loooong time

Screenshotz
10-03-2018, 03:08 AM
Let's be honest it's not only mages that have been whining. The whole forum is just full of whining. Like you're whining right now lol

shadowronn
10-03-2018, 05:48 AM
Whine legends it is ...

Spheresome
10-03-2018, 06:00 AM
They should call it "common legends" now because it's not longer the arcane it used to be :(

Azerothraven
10-03-2018, 06:16 AM
Whine legends it is ...

The people in forum are usually really into the game. That comes with people who care and want things to change and sometimes that leads to winning .

mhysaa
10-03-2018, 07:04 AM
Whine until you get what you want!! Let's all call the game Mage Legends because they are better than rogues in every way in maus and hydra gl is no longer in existence. Ever heard of nerfing the gold on a map not just make a class useless again like it has been for over a year now? I have never run Hydra and have no gear for it and this is still frustrating.Ikr, rogues complained one year about mausoleum, nothing was changed.... Mages complained less than one month about Hydra, and they removed the gold drop :v
But to me, everyone ended losing the easier gold farm ever...

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando o Tapatalk

PsychoNuke
10-03-2018, 07:11 AM
Its funny, the game got its name Rogue Legends in 2013 because of PVP. Then it slowly moved to PVE because of Aim Shot. Things changed and mages and warriors got power from Rengol expansion because of mythic and arcane weapon procs. All classes were playing fine. I dont see any threads/posts from last year complaining for class balance for PVE.

Festerfang expansion came with single boss maps and a lot of nerfs. They started calling it Rogue Legends again. What do you expect?

Obooo
10-03-2018, 08:09 AM
i play both mage and rogue with similar gears of endless love set and myth/arcane weapons. Mage is only more powerful when a pack of mobs are grouped by rogue s trap or warrior s terror. Other occasions, rogue is faster at moving and killing. I dont see the "mage legends". So, it must be drama legengs. :D

TooPure
10-03-2018, 08:22 AM
i play both mage and rogue with similar gears of endless love set and myth/arcane weapons. Mage is only more powerful when a pack of mobs are grouped by rogue s trap or warrior s terror. Other occasions, rogue is faster at moving and killing. I dont see the "mage legends". So, it must be drama legengs. :D

Yeah every player want their main char to be op everyday but AL is a MMO game not single player game so everyone should get almost same stat and work together not youre rogue you kill all and youre the strongest
Atm mage op so inv mage to your party its easy...

Obooo
10-03-2018, 10:25 AM
Extactly, agree w Toopure.

Shubham
10-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Ikr, rogues complained one year about mausoleum, nothing was changed.... Mages complained less than one month about Hydra, and they removed the gold drop :v
But to me, everyone ended losing the easier gold farm ever...

Mages farmed lol for 30 mins or 1 hr to to make 200k r so in mau n rouges made 200k in less den 10 20 mins?in hydra .i dont see any thing similar lol . The maps still drops mire arti worth 10m plus so gl :)

mhysaa
10-03-2018, 10:55 AM
Mages farmed lol for 30 mins or 1 hr to to make 200k r so in mau n rouges made 200k in less den 10 20 mins?in hydra .i dont see any thing similar lol . The maps still drops mire arti worth 10m plus so gl :)Everyone was farming way ever than they used to farm in maus, not only rogues. Even those random, the run was like max 3min... Ik bcs I did random runs mostly of the time. While runs in mausoleum took more time. Everyone was farming good, just some ppl faster than others.. I never complained in forums about mausoleum, neither about mages complaining about Hydra. I even gave support to my friends... But as I said, in the end not only rogues lost the fast farm. Everyone was farming well, don't come say it wasn't.
About the argument of some ppl that was bad to economy, I agree in part. But always when something its discovered be useful in some farm, the price get high, and at some point will drop...

Ravager
10-03-2018, 10:58 AM
Rogues are still the best class in the game and majority of the seasons. Pvp is dominated by rogues. Timed leaderboards are dominated by rogues and mages. Perhaps it's your team or gear. I'm sure most people don't complain about running pve with 3+ rogues (maybe if they don't use ankhs or are undergeared)

Alwarez
10-03-2018, 12:44 PM

Yeah it tasted for ENTIRE MONTH! No way you can compare it to 2 years of mauso (and still going on strong)

Willyoulovemeplz
10-03-2018, 12:45 PM
Yeah it tasted for ENTIRE MONTH! No way you can compare it to 2 years of mauso (and still going on strong)What about seasons before this???

Alwarez
10-03-2018, 12:48 PM
What about seasons before this???

Planar arena was the only full season where rogues were best. That and 1 month of hydra =7 months. Still faaaaaar away from 2 tears of mauso

arcanefid
10-03-2018, 01:37 PM
Rogue has always been the best class for farming the good stuff, and now that they're slightly worse, they think that they're the worst.

I'm pretty sure Rogue is still the best class for farming, even after all the nerfs, they're just used to have it always easy. :P

Y'all Rogs can still go and wreck Hydra or Orrick for a chance at Artifact, which Warriors would still have trouble with. And running Maus is just fine, most parties would have a rogue in them. I remember doing 500+ M6 runs with Rogues only and no Mages. It's just simple stuff really. Having 2 Warriors would be a tragedy in a Maus party, but having 2 Rogues wouldn't be too bad, so I would suggest to stop crying because it just shows that some of the people who play Rogue are just spoiled.

The problem with Mages and Warriors is not their skills, it's their weapons, that's why sometimes it's cool to have a Mage or Warrior in some maps. The problem with rogues is that whatever weapon they have, chances are they would do a better job than Mages and Tanks in any 1v1 situation. That situation is usually vs Bosses, which every map has. And that leads us to the fact that Rogues will never be useless... like Tanks or Mages.

Bundlos
10-03-2018, 02:18 PM
'Mages and Warrior Keep Crying Legends' that is what it is. People will just go out of their way to spoon feed whatever these two classes want. They will keep their silence though when the things convenient to them are questioned. Funny crybabies

badgirlchlo
10-03-2018, 03:11 PM
AL balancing and politics are a lot alike people bring up things that happened a long time ago that no longer affect anyone, also mages are not only useful for cc, they have procs that demolish bosses faster than any rogue could ever do for much much cheaper. The only reason I brought up that mages have been op for a long time is because we are now playing the exact same maps as we were a few seasons ago. Pvp is utterly irrelevant at this point in time and just by the time you farm a single artifact you could buy multiple by farming with gl.

Ravager
10-03-2018, 03:27 PM
Ah, I see. So you just want rogues to be best for Mausoleum then? Not just excellent, but the best of the 3 classes. PVP is not irrelevant in the game but perhaps for your topic it is. What do you suggest to push mages down from the top class mauso farming and to push down warriors even further?

badgirlchlo
10-03-2018, 04:03 PM
Ah, I see. So you just want rogues to be best for Mausoleum then? Not just excellent, but the best of the 3 classes. PVP is not irrelevant in the game but perhaps for your topic it is. What do you suggest to push mages down from the top class mauso farming and to push down warriors even further?

I don't want them to be the best class, I want a balance, currently mages are better than rogues for crowd control as it should be but they shouldn't be able to kill bosses faster, after all that is a rogues role

Kumsaati
10-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Why always rouge and mage legends :( warriors always nab

Soldiierx
10-03-2018, 04:47 PM
In a maus party every class could fit in.
Tank/2m/Rog, or Tank Mage 2rog was good..
At Hydra: Everybody changed to Rog, 90% of the parties was 4rog only. At the cities u could see spammers: “Hydra 3slot rog only” - “hydra need good rog” etc... Maus and Hydra situation is not equal...

arcanefid
10-03-2018, 06:45 PM
In a maus party every class could fit in.
Tank/2m/Rog, or Tank Mage 2rog was good..
At Hydra: Everybody changed to Rog, 90% of the parties was 4rog only. At the cities u could see spammers: “Hydra 3slot rog only” - “hydra need good rog” etc... Maus and Hydra situation is not equal...

This guy gets it, but I'm afraid none of the Rogues do. I think all the peeps that play Rogues don't want to see any other class in their party, and that's equality for them.

I don't want them to be the best class, I want a balance, currently mages are better than rogues for crowd control as it should be but they shouldn't be able to kill bosses faster, after all that is a rogues role

I'm very sure that if you put Rogue items in good use, you will do a great job against bosses too. I think Immortal Bow was a pretty good weapon for bosses in Mausoleum, and I also remember Rogues who would make runs go pretty smooth by using Dragon Daggers and some Lv66 Arcane weapon. The point is that Rogues are not useless like Mages and Tanks are in Raid zones, and I don't know why are you even bringing this up.

There is enough balance in Mausoleum since you can be any class and get runs regularly if you pull some good performances. While in Raid zones such as vs Hydra or Orrick, you can be a super OP warrior or a great Mage and still be considered trash for the maps, getting completely ignored if there is a below-average Rogue around. Or maybe this is the kind of "balance" you want?

badgirlchlo
10-03-2018, 08:28 PM
Umm I'm really not understanding the people in this thread gatekeeping so hard, I want an overall balance in the game for every map, and I don't think that the solution to an unbalanced map is to wipe the gold off of it and have nobody run it because sts refuses to show drop chances just like locked crates

Spheresome
10-03-2018, 09:01 PM
Regardless which class is the most OP and which is the one that dominates all farming or pvp. It is too late for anything to be fixed, without loads of people complaining whether it be loss of awakenings or huge nerfs in gear. Too many problems were allowed to go on for too long.

Noni
10-03-2018, 09:53 PM
@arcanefid...I agree that if you are skilled and have good stats, being a rogue is no problem when it comes to mausoleum. As a rogue, I farmed there regularly, always got many invites, infact mages who didn’t have dragon staff and had trouble killing bosses would ask me for help. I have enough somberholt points to prove it. But here are the differences when it comes to mage vs rogue in mausoleum.

Mages are for crowd control. They are not supposed to kill bosses faster than rogues, yet their broken weapon procs turned them into rogues. So they were destroying mobs AND annihilating bosses. They could go full strength build, use the nabbiest gear, summon a useless pet and still farm efficiently as long as they had certain weapons. The biggest thing which I am sure most rogues are annoyed with after hydra nerf LoL, mages could run maus with insane gold loot buffs using gold loot sets and survive there easily because of strength build. As a rogue, you had to be properly geared, with impressive stats and then be the “OP rogue” nobody had trouble inviting. Going there with bad stats but a lot of gold loot as a rogue, meant you kept dying and were also useless at bosses.

People who switched to rogue or spent a lot on gold loot items to make gold in hydra are the ones most affected. Now mages are running maus again without making any changes and making gold, but rogues(especially the ones who recently switched) have to gear up for maus again. They got used to easy gold in hydra and can’t get that from maus. That is why all the salt :p

I think gold loot sets should never have been introduced. Atleast using map specific gear with gold loot awakenings doesn’t turn one into a total burden. To me, it doesn’t matter what class anyone plays, as long as they play it well.

will0
10-04-2018, 12:06 AM
Anyway DS have its benefit but not necessary for killing boss only, everyone in the team should be using fenris as it works the same in reducing % health of mob / boss.
DS is already a very old weapon, Mage ultimate (meteor shower) also drop boss damage quite a fair amount if this is being use.

STS should give us some kind of way to kill boss more efficiently using % health reduce on mobs/boss as in newer weapon.

supersyan
10-04-2018, 12:37 AM
I like the game progression from Arcane legends ==> Rogue legends ==> platinum legends ==> mage legends ==> warrior legends ==> again rogue legends ==> gold legends ==> whine legends

Azerothraven
10-04-2018, 01:13 AM
This guy gets it, but I'm afraid none of the Rogues do. I think all the peeps that play Rogues don't want to see any other class in their party, and that's equality for them.

There is enough balance in Mausoleum since you can be any class and get runs regularly if you pull some good performances. While in Raid zones such as vs Hydra or Orrick, you can be a super OP warrior or a great Mage and still be considered trash for the maps, getting completely ignored if there is a below-average Rogue around. Or maybe this is the kind of "balance" you want?

Some very harsh truth.. It hurts.

Susanne
10-04-2018, 01:32 AM
Someone said warriors aren't useful? Sure I saw something like that on here. Anyway, warriors are very useful, just can't remember why at the moment...oh.oh..I know! They do good things in Maus and...something in the deep thingy, you know the one, the one that opens every now and again. I know I always need one there for the bosses, something to do with pulling the mobs and stuff like that. See, I do sometimes play. Oh and warriors look nice in skirts. There, warriors are useful. 😊

Shubham
10-04-2018, 02:25 AM
Planar arena was the only full season where rogues were best. That and 1 month of hydra =7 months. Still faaaaaar away from 2 tears of mauso

Wt about rouges being op in pvp apart two season till now ? U want max damage max doge max all so rest of the class r suppose to be usless?

Xxkayakxx
10-04-2018, 02:27 AM
Just my recent experience in deep marsh.
Had the luck to get random party with 3 op rogues, than later on I was invited in a party that after some runs become 4 op mages. The speed of the run (mobs included) was slower in 4 mages party than 3 rogues and me. Thing is that proc of my weap (horror staff, but this is true for whatever mage weapon) couldn’t keep up with the fast-mob-killing of rogues. And crowd control (fireball and clock) had almost no use for the same reason. Rogues were killing mobs one-by-one with awesome speed. Bosses were easy. Were great runs XD ty for that! :)
Mage run was also great but the fact that we can’t group mobs slowed us (compared to rogue pt!!!! We were fast xD)
By the way When I run deep random I don’t care at all about the composition of party. I run with whoever :)

My favorite is when there is a Tb warrior (that knows what a pull is xD), selfishly I feel more useful xD
And I really like when skilled warriors hook first boss in corner and are able to keep minibosses that spawn with Ursoth away from dps, that are not stunned and can kill him with more ease. Not easy task.

And grats Qua for your #1 in mage lb :)

Just wanted to add my experience, no salt intended.

Shubham
10-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Rogue has always been the best class for farming the good stuff, and now that they're slightly worse, they think that they're the worst.

I'm pretty sure Rogue is still the best class for farming, even after all the nerfs, they're just used to have it always easy. :P

Y'all Rogs can still go and wreck Hydra or Orrick for a chance at Artifact, which Warriors would still have trouble with. And running Maus is just fine, most parties would have a rogue in them. I remember doing 500+ M6 runs with Rogues only and no Mages. It's just simple stuff really. Having 2 Warriors would be a tragedy in a Maus party, but having 2 Rogues wouldn't be too bad, so I would suggest to stop crying because it just shows that some of the people who play Rogue are just spoiled.

The problem with Mages and Warriors is not their skills, it's their weapons, that's why sometimes it's cool to have a Mage or Warrior in some maps. The problem with rogues is that whatever weapon they have, chances are they would do a better job than Mages and Tanks in any 1v1 situation. That situation is usually vs Bosses, which every map has. And that leads us to the fact that Rogues will never be useless... like Tanks or Mages.

True me as a mage i always used two rouge n one war rouge with dragon we equivalent to mages n ran far better den ppl are trying to show here .n for hydra it still drops arti lol go farm n make gold. Rouges r still the fastest of all class ..

Shubham
10-04-2018, 02:33 AM

Mages r best in wt sense lol? Apart mau rouges r still best . Try killing a boss with four rouge n four mages in fester maps u will know who kills em first .mages proc r random lol with no damages to stats but or rouge they have permanent op damage n proc as well same time .

Kairihearts
10-04-2018, 08:03 AM
Let's be honest it's not only mages that have been whining. The whole forum is just full of whining. Like you're whining right now lol

Yea and I've seen you in many threads always wining or dissing other players gear you are not a exception good day :)

Susanne
10-04-2018, 08:26 AM
Just my recent experience in deep marsh.
Had the luck to get random party with 3 op rogues, than later on I was invited in a party that after some runs become 4 op mages. The speed of the run (mobs included) was slower in 4 mages party than 3 rogues and me. Thing is that proc of my weap (horror staff, but this is true for whatever mage weapon) couldn’t keep up with the fast-mob-killing of rogues. And crowd control (fireball and clock) had almost no use for the same reason. Rogues were killing mobs one-by-one with awesome speed. Bosses were easy. Were great runs XD ty for that! :)
Mage run was also great but the fact that we can’t group mobs slowed us (compared to rogue pt!!!! We were fast xD)
By the way When I run deep random I don’t care at all about the composition of party. I run with whoever :)

My favorite is when there is a Tb warrior (that knows what a pull is xD), selfishly I feel more useful xD
And I really like when skilled warriors hook first boss in corner and are able to keep minibosses that spawn with Ursoth away from dps, that are not stunned and can kill him with more ease. Not easy task.

And grats Qua for your #1 in mage lb :)

Just wanted to add my experience, no salt intended.

That's the place I was on about Kayak. I won't go in there without a warrior and I like a warrior in Maus too. Call me old fashioned, I like to run with mage, warrior and another rogue. Not many like running with me because I hate daggers. I'm still using my old dread bow 😞 Works like a charm on mobs ( see what I did there? Works like a charm..proc is charm..oh nvm ) but useless on bosses. "Whispers"..I carry lots of bombs in my handbag though. 😔

arcanefid
10-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Hello dear legends, I agree that Mages should not be able to kill bosses faster than rogues. Mages are good vs bosses only with the Dragon Staff, which is not really reliable because it can get pissed and not proc at all, and the staff now even has a cap so it will be getting worse in the future.

But my problem is that most people who play Rogues feel like they should be the class that does everything best. It's easy to notice that their favorite party formation is 4 rogues, which goes against everything that "balance" means.

Tell me one map where you would prefer [2 Rogues / 1 Mage / 1 Tank] or [1 Rogue / 2 Mages / 1 Tank] except Mausoleum?

Literally every other map can be done with Rogues alone, and a Tank here and there just for pulling purposes, not even being an actual tank, because Rogues don't need the human shield.

Ravager
10-04-2018, 09:57 AM
Balancing an older level might not be on STS's roadmap in the near future I would think. When DS was nerfed or any type of nerf was introduced, it caused a lot of commotion from the forums community. Working on new levels with new designs is probably the best route to go at this point. Probably Hardcore mode will help alleviate the concerns. Harder levels tend to have more of a demand for other classes to be involved such as warriors. Perhaps making Elite 5-10 levels harder? Or maybe Hardcore mode will do something similar already. I would also love to see bosses that take 0 damage from certain classes during a certain period of time. Let's say there is Arcane Lich. Purple shield means, he can only be hit by mages, orange shield can only be hit by rogues and red shield means only be hit by warriors. If you don't have a certain class in your party, you can't win. Something like that to force various classes in a pug party or formed party. I would also like to see warrior's rally cry to be done to remove debuffs or apply buffs (mostly for PVE and either not working or severely gimped in PVP). I think STS has been making some strides in balancing the game with Ultimates. 4 rogues has almost always been great, 4 mages has been ok-good, 4 warriors terrible. With Ultimates, 4 rogues is still great, 4 mages ok-great, 4 warriors is ok in some situations and a bit more tolerable for bosses.

Alwarez
10-04-2018, 05:38 PM
Wt about rouges being op in pvp apart two season till now ? U want max damage max doge max all so rest of the class r suppose to be usless?

Sorry bud, I don't play pvp in this game, but agree that rogue 1 shot kills are dumb
---------
On topic: when raid maps didn't allow parties there were less class complains. Maybe it's the way to go for auch maps

Allset
10-04-2018, 07:46 PM
To the subject of this post. AL is an MMO which means you have classes. In order this is how it breaks down Rogues are dps, Mages are controllers, and Warriors are tanks. To say a topped out mage can out dps a topped out rogue is pretty much impossible. That's because of the class design. Mages are not made for dps but Rogues are. Mages can be a good secondary dps with crowd control and "aoe" dps. But damage wise we all know the classes are set as such from the start of the game.
1.Rogue
2.Mage
3.Warrior
and with that said the Warrior will be the last one standing when everything burns down. But that is what their class is made for. But their powers on the most part are garbo they don't even give them a mob pull... Which is a power i think should be added for warriors. You can use a pet but I mean a tank should be able to pull a mob together and taunt them with one power. But that's where mages come in because they can control mobs like no other classe... LIke i said this is a MMO we are all weak in some area another...

Alghost
10-04-2018, 11:50 PM
I remember exactly how long it lasted.... We have new devs running the game now and they seem to be very anti-rogue, and everyone was very quick to jump the gun the first time rogues had any use in a loooong time

No badgirl.. just no... golden age was 41 cap and rogues ruled AL for years now that its mages turn to be good at something you get mad? No bad girl just stop it, why is this even a thread? Warriors never had a chance at the spot light and you don’t see us crying so why should you?

BRYBE
10-05-2018, 01:52 AM
duh i know before weve experienced op rogue and atm op mages but can sts just make all equal ??? this should balance the game

arcanefid
10-05-2018, 09:34 AM
and with that said the Warrior will be the last one standing when everything burns down. But that is what their class is made for. But their powers on the most part are garbo they don't even give them a mob pull... Which is a power i think should be added for warriors. You can use a pet but I mean a tank should be able to pull a mob together and taunt them with one power. But that's where mages come in because they can control mobs like no other classe... LIke i said this is a MMO we are all weak in some area another...

I still don't know why is this not a thing. We have useless skills such as Rallying Cry which no warrior uses.

I think it would be awesome if we had a skill like that, which would be similar to TB's pull. If there is a Warrior that gets a lot of party invites and is considered "good" nowadays, it's because of the TB Pull.

A Pulling skill for Warriors would make them much more useful in every run, and no need to splash 30,000,000+ gold just for the invites.