PDA

View Full Version : Will there?

Phantasm0162
11-21-2011, 07:36 PM
Will there ever be a resale program for old platinum armor or items that you dnt use any more say for example,if you bought any earlier plat items for 10 you could sell it back to them for 5 platinum or something like that?

Bakoffmycandy
11-21-2011, 07:45 PM
It has never been suggested before, at least to my knowledge. I really like the idea. I try to Hold onto all my old Plat gear because it is expensive. Recently I have had to delete a few Pieces here & there just for inventory / stash room. Very cool idea. Something like :

2 plat refund for a 10 plat item
4 plat refund for a 20 plat item and so fourth

For the idea to work the refund of outdated gear would have to be low in my opinion. But any Plat back for Unused items would be a great move!
+10 for a great idea

Phantasm0162
11-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Thx bro

Kahlua
11-21-2011, 08:08 PM
It has never been suggested before, at least to my knowledge. I really like the idea. I try to Hold onto all my old Plat gear because it is expensive. Recently I have had to delete a few Pieces here & there just for inventory / stash room. Very cool idea. Something like :

For the idea to work the refund of outdated gear would have to be low in my opinion. But any Plat back for Unused items would be a great move!
+10 for a great idea
lol it's been suggested a few times if I recall from before I signed up.
I don't see it happening because you can always just use the armor again for new accounts. You don't have to buy the armor in the first place, so you should expect to lose plat.

xdarkstarxxx
11-21-2011, 08:17 PM
That's a very bright idea btw... That should be something implemented in game. Or like if you sell it from your inventory you get some plat in return automatically... It will be awesome. Hopefully the devs see this and can figure something out.

Nightarcher
11-21-2011, 08:26 PM
Honestly, why would the Devs ever do this? Logically, it's not very smart, and will lead to less Plat sales. After all, they don't make you buy Plat gear. :)

Bakoffmycandy
11-21-2011, 08:36 PM
If your think about it, it would not hurt Plat slaes one bit. Receiving something in return say a small percentage of what you paid for the item or a small amount of credits would be much nicer than a big fat 0 if you are to discard a plat item. And no you can not share these items with other accounts, you can use the items on alts on the account you originally purchased them on.

If you were to get anything back for discarding these items whether its Plat or credit, it would most likely result in more Platnum Gear purchased. It sure wouldn't hurt the sales. Touchy subject I guess.

xdarkstarxxx
11-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Exactly they would basically be getting their plat back somehow like when you purchase lix and other plat items...

BodMaster
11-22-2011, 06:28 AM

+10 for a great idea

Here's a few to read up on, said mostly what I had thought about it in other threads, though not just sellable for plat back they wanted to sell for cred :/

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?34248-Plat-Items-Auction-Locations&highlight=selling+plat+back+discount

Kinda unrelated but these one's made me LOL!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?42884-more-plat

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39521-platinum

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?39449-Suggestion-Credits-platinum

Edit: Uggg, I cant find it :( (it exsists, it really does.. honest.. im not going crazy)

oh well, basically come down to, why would STS do this, if the way they have it now is bringing in more revenue.

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 11:11 AM
nice idea! i like your thoughts!

Deathpunch
11-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Maybe not plat refund, but I would take credits, too. Based off of the exchange rate for the 35000 credits.

35000c is 150 plat, so that is roughly 233c per plat. Repeating decimal, so round it off

Now, I don't expect the full plat value to be converted, but a 20-40% resell value would not be outrageous, IMO. So, for a 10 plat item at 20% resale would net you 466c. Granted, it isn't all that much but its a fair bit better than liquidating for nothing.

Or take a full plat armor set and convert it into the class and lvl specific vanity of some sort.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Noobbe
11-22-2011, 11:55 AM
I like the return/liquidates for credits idea too. It would feel way better than a big fat 0.

xdarkstarxxx
11-22-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm with deathpunch if we cant get some plat back, I won't deny the idea of getting some credit refund instead.. If at least we can get some back it would be better, like the person above said.."A big fat 0" I rather get credits then nothing at all.

Cahaun
11-22-2011, 03:55 PM
To say it all. We want to get something other than a big fat nothing for something we spend on. This will definitively raise the amount people buy with plat because they feel better when liquidating plat gear for inventory space. (I still have my Beta and Beyond Rifle. Shouldn't this be beta related?)

Deathpunch
11-22-2011, 06:22 PM
I got one, too, as well as a snub rifle. :D beta gear ftw! The weapons are least usable across all classes. My com plat gear is just collecting dust.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Phantasm0162
11-23-2011, 02:54 AM
I got a couple old plat items,thats collectin dust :(

krazii
11-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Maybe not plat refund, but I would take credits, too. Based off of the exchange rate for the 35000 credits.

35000c is 150 plat, so that is roughly 233c per plat. Repeating decimal, so round it off

Now, I don't expect the full plat value to be converted, but a 20-40% resell value would not be outrageous, IMO. So, for a 10 plat item at 20% resale would net you 466c. Granted, it isn't all that much but its a fair bit better than liquidating for nothing.

Or take a full plat armor set and convert it into the class and lvl specific vanity of some sort.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Great idea! Hope STS pays attention!

BodMaster
11-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Guess that couldn't hurt, im not with OP, but I would back this one up DP, nice alternative :)

Deathpunch
11-23-2011, 10:31 AM
Guess that couldn't hurt, im not with OP, but I would back this one up DP, nice alternative :)

Thanks to all who like my idea. I feel as we're paying premium prices, in the form of plat, we should be able to get premium liquidation values on said items. Being able to trade/sell on cs would probably not be good for the games economy and would take $$$ out of sts's pockets, thus making the gaming experience for us decline.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D