PDA

View Full Version : Like Greek Mythology!? Here is a free name for ya!

Zeus
11-21-2011, 11:35 PM
So, who here likes Greek Mythology? If you do, I got a free name for ya: Ares.

Okay, so the rules are the following. Post a reason/paragraph/story of the reason why you want the name "Ares" and I'll give it to you! The best reason will win and DO NOT use multiple forum accounts for more reasons.

You have to identify your main character and to reduce cheating, it has to be at least 30.

You got one shot, make it your best! You are free to edit your post to include your newest reason, but I will only read your first post and your first reason.

Artemis
11-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Because im possibly the only other person with a greek god name ;)

Conradin
11-21-2011, 11:53 PM
As you know- I am a huge fan of twinking. I try to have a twink every 5 lvls. Recently i lvled my lvl 30 icemage twink to lvl 50- so i have no lvl 30 twink atm. I am planning to level a new mage to be my lvl 30 twink. Ares was a god of war- so what name is better for a fighting twink? I plan on going the extra mile on thie twink- fighting through the hordes of elite yetis and skinningthem alive to gather a thousand pelts! What better way to glorify the god of war! With my blackice longsword ill look uber dope too!

Ign Conradin lvl 64

Zeus
11-21-2011, 11:54 PM
As you know- I am a huge fan of twinking. I try to have a twink every 5 lvls. Recently i lvled my lvl 30 icemage twink to lvl 50- so i have no lvl 30 twink atm. I am planning to level a new mage to be my lvl 30 twink. Ares was a god of war- so what name is better for a fighting twink? I plan on going the extra mile on thie twink- fighting through the hordes of elite yetis and skinningthem alive to gather a thousand pelts! What better way to glorify the god of war! With my blackice longsword ill look uber dope too!

Ign Conradin lvl 64

Conradin, this is for SL, bro. :-)

Sorry. :(

EDIT: Artemis, only other person who's active. :) Also, themars has Theseus I believe, that's close enough. :D

Conradin
11-21-2011, 11:55 PM
RATS!!!!!! I already do have the name HERMES though....

Epic Unicorns!
11-22-2011, 12:00 AM
I would like the name, because I could name my commando Aries! It would be pretty cool...I have my 7 unicorns characters and ARIES. I am also a huge fan of mythology...heck if I could, I would get a degree in it :D but sadly, I shan't.

Cascade
11-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Ah the formidable god of war! Ill think on this.

javier995
11-22-2011, 01:41 AM
Why I want it

He is a God of War, and on my kills chars (high kills 0 deaths), I would live up to the name! I shall leave nothing but destruction in my path to the leaderboards! I shall make every enemy suffer my wrath of my almighty War God powers! I will call forth the all of the Elite players when I am in need of assistance. Since I'm the war God, I shall ask little yo no help! I am the War God Ares, fear me and kneel before the almighty War God! I shall conquer it all!

Lol idk

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 01:54 AM
This is a good contest you got going here

Ellyidol
11-22-2011, 02:37 AM
Ares we glad Parth is doing this? ;)

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 07:05 AM
Conradin, this is for SL, bro. :-)

Sorry. :(

EDIT: Artemis, only other person who's active. :) Also, themars has Theseus I believe, that's close enough. :D

Theseus wasn't a God, he was a King/Divine-Hero :D

MimeRifle
11-22-2011, 08:20 AM
I'll stick with Kerberos! Woof, Woof!!

Zeus
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Theseus wasn't a God, he was a King/Divine-Hero :D

Hehe, I was aware, that's why I said close enough. :)

Although, some debate that after his acts of heroism, he was granted immortality, thus becoming a god.

:D

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Hehe, I was aware, that's why I said close enough. :)

Although, some debate that after his acts of heroism, he was granted immortality, thus becoming a god.

:D
um...um...um..YEAH BUT YOU...I MEAN HE...I THOUGHT...

Out-Greeked :(

Zeus
11-22-2011, 12:34 PM
um...um...um..YEAH BUT YOU...I MEAN HE...I THOUGHT...

Out-Greeked :(

Haha, I love the greeks! :)

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I spent like...a good hour the other day trying to get a good female Greek Goddess name, but they were all taken. Found a website that listed all the Greek Gods/Goddesses, and I read up on them and found God's with cool background stories...unfortunately they were all taken lol :(

Guess you can use that as my reason? Not a very good one; plus I'm assuming you made Ares to be a guy, yes? :(
I wonder if Dev's can change genders for us if we make a good case lol. I'd love to have one of my accounts changed to a girl :( Made a whoopsie

drewcapu
11-22-2011, 01:48 PM
I spent like...a good hour the other day trying to get a good female Greek Goddess name, but they were all taken. Found a website that listed all the Greek Gods/Goddesses, and I read up on them and found God's with cool background stories...unfortunately they were all taken lol :(

Guess you can use that as my reason? Not a very good one; plus I'm assuming you made Ares to be a guy, yes? :(
I wonder if Dev's can change genders for us if we make a good case lol. I'd love to have one of my accounts changed to a girl :( Made a whoopsie

It doesn't matter because when Apollo gives the winner the cue that he has deleted the toon, that person can make it whatever gender they wish.

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 01:50 PM
It doesn't matter because when Apollo gives the winner the cue that he has deleted the toon, that person can make it whatever gender they wish.
ooooo right right right!!! didn't even think about that. For some reason I assumed he'd be giving the email account or something away...lol I dunno, blonde female moment :(

Aculeas
11-22-2011, 03:28 PM
ooooo right right right!!! didn't even think about that. For some reason I assumed he'd be giving the email account or something away...lol I dunno, blonde female moment :( I was thinking the same since the winner of this competition would then have to ante up the 5 plat for an alt. I suppose the user could just create a new e-mail account and work from there.

themars
11-22-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh Apollo!!! I want the name cause ur the One WHO inspired me to create god names. And I have 3 god chars btw: theseus,mars and cupid. So a 4 th would be great lol

Nourish
11-22-2011, 03:46 PM
I would like the name Ares because I've never had one of my characters named after a god/goddess and think its a great place to start!

Purist
11-22-2011, 05:31 PM
Because I'm cool :) buff said

Aculeas
11-22-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm sick of being made fun of for having the name achilles. Everyone is always shooting at my heel. If you gave me the name no one would dare INSULT THE GOD OF WAR.

Plus i like to sit around on my throne of human skulls all day drinking the blood of my fallen opponents. I'm tactically skilled. Always hit my combos. And my farts sound like a battle horn.

That's why i should get the name.

Zeus
11-22-2011, 06:38 PM
i'm sick of being made fun of for having the name achilles. Everyone is always shooting at my heel. If you gave me the name no one would dare insult the god of war.

Plus i like to sit around on my throne of human skulls all day drinking the blood of my fallen opponents. I'm tactically skilled. Always hit my combos. And my farts sound like a battle horn.

lol! +10

javier995
11-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm sick of being made fun of for having the name achilles. Everyone is always shooting at my heel. If you gave me the name no one would dare INSULT THE GOD OF WAR.

Thank you for the laugh! Lol

Aculeas
11-22-2011, 10:14 PM
lol Anytime guys, I've always got a joke to crack! :banana:

wizardstarr
11-22-2011, 11:45 PM
So, who here likes Greek Mythology? If you do, I got a free name for ya: Ares.

Okay, so the rules are the following. Post a reason/paragraph/story of the reason why you want the name "Ares" and I'll give it to you! The best reason will win and DO NOT use multiple forum accounts for more reasons.

You have to identify your main character and to reduce cheating, it has to be at least 30.

You got one shot, make it your best! You are free to edit your post to include your newest reason, but I will only read your first post and your first reason.

Lol and in ELA PRE we are learning greek mythology

P.s when I learned about Zeus I was like....

O.O dang he has lots of babysitter and most of the mother are his sister so yea spooky stuff

Aiyma
11-23-2011, 02:24 AM
You can learn an awful lot about a person by their title, it is our only true possession; you cannot lose it, you cannot break it. It is something you wear with pride, and defend with honour yet can be poisoned with ease. People take their name for granted, they fail to realise it is what separates us from the animals. Our name is our tomb, even our soul parts with us at death yet our name stays true; what we do in life echoes an eternity.

17 years. War had taken its toll on even the greatest as we marched for days, weeks, months. Years lasted a lifetime and there was no light at the end of our tunnel. My days consisted of waiting for the moment where I saw what I called "hope". It was when the sun hit its lowest point over the Kolisa mountains when the brief red glimmer signaled the end of another day in hell. Today I learned there was no hope.

We were defending what was ours, hordes of the enemies planned attacks left us with a barren wasteland, beaten homes and enough sorrow to last a lifetime. The bloodstains of my dearest and beloved still pungent on my loins fueled me, for the first time it was rage and anger that powered me. This turned me into a cruel fellow.

Now for 2351 sunsets I have survived in this sordid landscape after the great war and I was ready to pounce. I had not only replenished myself, but forged a spite-fueled war machine out of myself. I was prepared. My frostburnt hands looked worn and tired as I grabbed my tarnished blade and knelt. Hope is a decieving partner, but I had faith. I approached St Diable castle with an absurd sense of pride, I thrust my blade to the sky before dropping it to the ground with a tremendous thud which even the Iktar mammoth could not replicate. This drew the immediate attention of the guards, who were now in a seemingly unexplained sense of panic, perhaps they knew their fate. I drew my bow and fired true, the arrow buckling through the glacial wind yet managing to strike its target right through the neck. I was not searching for an easy death, and this painless kill only intensified my lust for battle. My second and third arrows soared like eagles, each landing their target with alarming precision. I ran.

The iron guard horn rings in my ears as the flood from every exit. This is what I have trained for, this is what I have yearned for. I screamed with the yell of a titan and flung myself into the crowd. A flurry of metal and crashes of shields filled the air with war. I tore these minions apart like ants, their putrid corpses now lay in a pool of my own victory. As I further enter the castle, guards stand strong to no prevail as I tear through the halls leaving no survivors in my wake. As I stored through a gold-laced door I saw him. The man responsible for so much anguish; the murder of my family, my home, my life. 17 years I have only seen red and now was the moment I have been longing for. I flung my tired shield at him with a strewd sense of arrogance and fury in my eyes. We brawled, with each clash of swords another hate-filled memory burst into my head causing my to strike back with increasing force. In one swift leap I evaded his low parry to heroically thrust the sword straight into his shoulder. He fell. On his filthy knees he pleaded for his life, reciting Col. 1:14 in hope of some repent. The man I have become felt no pity, no remorse. This desperate act only caused me to enjoy the moment all the more as I took my blade from his shoulder and forced it into his other arm. The shriek that followed could break a man, but it only fueled me. As I reclaimed my blade for a second time he collapsed on all fours. I raise my foot onto his head before driving my blade down into his back with an almighty battlecry.

Hope was the reason I was triumphant, yet it is still a devious character. My expected fulfilled victory was not as I expected, I wanted more. The rage had not left my body, searching for blood. After 17 years of war, it was supposed to have come to an end yet instead; it had just begun. In some mentally unfit state I had forgotten my own name. I had resorted to raiding and murders to satisfy the demon inside me, locals began dubbing me the God of Unholy War; Ares. The one who let hate consume him.

I had lost battle, lost the war, lost myself.

Zeus
11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
You can learn an awful lot about a person by their title, it is our only true possession; you cannot lose it, you cannot break it. It is something you wear with pride, and defend with honour yet can be poisoned with ease. People take their name for granted, they fail to realise it is what separates us from the animals. Our name is our tomb, even our soul parts with us at death yet our name stays true; what we do in life echoes an eternity.

17 years. War had taken its toll on even the greatest as we marched for days, weeks, months. Years lasted a lifetime and there was no light at the end of our tunnel. My days consisted of waiting for the moment where I saw what I called "hope". It was when the sun hit its lowest point over the Kolisa mountains when the brief red glimmer signaled the end of another day in hell. Today I learned there was no hope.

We were defending what was ours, hordes of the enemies planned attacks left us with a barren wasteland, beaten homes and enough sorrow to last a lifetime. The bloodstains of my dearest and beloved still pungent on my loins fueled me, for the first time it was rage and anger that powered me. This turned me into a cruel fellow.

Now for 2351 sunsets I have survived in this sordid landscape after the great war and I was ready to pounce. I had not only replenished myself, but forged a spite-fueled war machine out of myself. I was prepared. My frostburnt hands looked worn and tired as I grabbed my tarnished blade and knelt. Hope is a decieving partner, but I had faith. I approached St Diable castle with an absurd sense of pride, I thrust my blade to the sky before dropping it to the ground with a tremendous thud which even the Iktar mammoth could not replicate. This drew the immediate attention of the guards, who were now in a seemingly unexplained sense of panic, perhaps they knew their fate. I drew my bow and fired true, the arrow buckling through the glacial wind yet managing to strike its target right through the neck. I was not searching for an easy death, and this painless kill only intensified my lust for battle. My second and third arrows soared like eagles, each landing their target with alarming precision. I ran.

The iron guard horn rings in my ears as the flood from every exit. This is what I have trained for, this is what I have yearned for. I screamed with the yell of a titan and flung myself into the crowd. A flurry of metal and crashes of shields filled the air with war. I tore these minions apart like ants, their putrid corpses now lay in a pool of my own victory. As I further enter the castle, guards stand strong to no prevail as I tear through the halls leaving no survivors in my wake. As I stored through a gold-laced door I saw him. The man responsible for so much anguish; the murder of my family, my home, my life. 17 years I have only seen red and now was the moment I have been longing for. I flung my tired shield at him with a strewd sense of arrogance and fury in my eyes. We brawled, with each clash of swords another hate-filled memory burst into my head causing my to strike back with increasing force. In one swift leap I evaded his low parry to heroically thrust the sword straight into his shoulder. He fell. On his filthy knees he pleaded for his life, reciting Col. 1:14 in hope of some repent. The man I have become felt no pity, no remorse. This desperate act only caused me to enjoy the moment all the more as I took my blade from his shoulder and forced it into his other arm. The shriek that followed could break a man, but it only fueled me. As I reclaimed my blade for a second time he collapsed on all fours. I raise my foot onto his head before driving my blade down into his back with an almighty battlecry.

Hope was the reason I was triumphant, yet it is still a devious character. My expected fulfilled victory was not as I expected, I wanted more. The rage had not left my body, searching for blood. After 17 years of war, it was supposed to have come to an end yet instead; it had just begun. In some mentally unfit state I had forgotten my own name. I had resorted to raiding and murders to satisfy the demon inside me, locals began dubbing me the God of Unholy War; Ares. The one who let hate consume him.

I had lost battle, lost the war, lost myself.

WHOA! Epic read! You are quite a writer! You and Aculeas seem to be the two top contestants! I'll be closing this up tomorrow, so get those last entries in!

BodMaster
11-23-2011, 10:46 AM

LMAO! Needed a good laugh :D

Aiyma
11-23-2011, 01:30 PM
WHOA! Epic read! You are quite a writer! You and Aculeas seem to be the two top contestants! I'll be closing this up tomorrow, so get those last entries in!

Woo ^^ If I win please don't make a typo as ares is tentatively close to arse. Wait...can I say that? Um, A**e :8

flashbackflip
11-25-2011, 07:49 AM
on my kills chars (high kills 0 deaths)

Hey, Javier! How come u have no deaths? U haven't been killed even accidently? Even when laggin? Even in a Shipyard area when some rookie triggers the proxy mine??

How come, bro? Tell us yo secret!!))

Zeus
11-25-2011, 08:07 AM
So, after some tough judging between Aculeas and Aiyma, I had to declare Aiyma the winner. That was a killer story and well done to the both of you!!!!

Contact me in game, Aiyma so I can free the name for you.

Kahlua
11-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Although the story was very very well written...like really good...minus a few grammatical errors (we're all guilty of those)...I'd like to point out that the story never really said WHY they wanted the account, which I thought was the point of the contest. It was just a wonderful story about Ares as a person...but that wasn't the point of the contest :p Unless I missed that part in the story, of course. I could be completely wrong.

I didn't even consider my post an entry, I originally just posted to say Theseus wasn't a god (you proved me wrong lol :(). Just trying to give Acu his fair shot!

BodMaster
11-25-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey, Javier! How come u have no deaths? U haven't been killed even accidently? Even when laggin? Even in a Shipyard area when some rookie triggers the proxy mine??

How come, bro? Tell us yo secret!!))

PM him he may just tell you his secret, no need to call out a player in the middle of a contest thread :p

So, after some tough judging between Aculeas and Aiyma, I had to declare Aiyma the winner. That was a killer story and well done to the both of you!!!!

Contact me in game, Aiyma so I can free the name for you.

Congratz Aiyma! It was quite a read good job :D

Aculeas
11-25-2011, 10:45 AM
To be honest i didn't even read the story although if Apollo says it's great then it must be. Time was put into that post, I'm sure as it is very long. My post literally took me all of half a minute and I did not think it would be taken seriously... at all. I appreciate the support Kahlua and as much as I sincerely want the name; the bottom line is I lost fair and square and I made my friends ROFL and that's really what matters me to me here.

Congratz Aiyma! you scurvy dog! x)

Snakespeare
11-25-2011, 11:38 AM
I am not joining the contest but I want to give the thread props! It's fun to watch from the sidelines.

I love Greek mythology, but I don't want the god of War's name. I also like Xena, but I play Joxerthmighty (more my speed). Here's a great picture of Kevin Tod Smith as Ares from Xena.
Only problem is, he died from a terrible accident. He had finished stunt work on one film, celebrated (was drunk) and climbed a camera tower but slipped and fell to his death. So... are you sure you want this name?

Aiyma
11-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Woo, to be honest I don't remeber writing half of it as I was a wee bit tipsy but I like writing and I saw that you said story so I was all over it haha.

But I am a lady and Ares isn't very lady like so I'll donate the name to Aculeas if he wants it in exchange for a high-five.

*holds hand up*

:8
x

Aculeas
11-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Woo, to be honest I don't remeber writing half of it as I was a wee bit tipsy but I like writing and I saw that you said story so I was all over it haha.

But I am a lady and Ares isn't very lady like so I'll donate the name to Aculeas if he wants it in exchange for a high-five.

*holds hand up*

:8
x

hi5 up top ^. on the side < now the other side > downlow v whoop!!!! whoop!!!! there yah gooooo!!!!