PDA

View Full Version : Overheating...

Buubuuftw
11-22-2011, 01:14 AM
My phone keeps on overheating at the worst time while playing PL. Any way to prevent it from overheating? Also its a Samsung Galaxy S if that helps.

PS: if your reading this Blaghart or any of my other guild members, I AM SO SORRY! right when my phone cooled down i booted back up to say hi and that I was back and then my phone overheated again. huge sorry to my guild lmao :redface::cower:

Kaytar
11-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Same thing happends to me.
Samsung infuse.
Also, I plug it in when it says low battery then I keep playing pl and it dies while charging! :eek:
And sometimes it will say "charging paused for battery duribility" so annoying

Buubuuftw
11-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Same thing happends to me.
Samsung infuse.
Also, I plug it in when it says low battery then I keep playing pl and it dies while charging! :eek:
And sometimes it will say "charging paused for battery duribility" so annoying
Sounds like we have the same issue. Mine usually says Charging paused due to overheating though. Then it turns off by itself.

Lowlyspy
11-22-2011, 01:25 AM
I had the same problem with my EVO 4G, try switching from joystick to tap-to-move, it will take forever to get used to it and it will be seriously annoying at first but your phone will never overheat again while playing PL.

Buubuuftw
11-22-2011, 01:28 AM
I had the same problem with my EVO 4G, try switching from joystick to tap-to-move, it will take forever to get used to it and it will be seriously annoying at first but your phone will never overheat again while playing PL.
Thanks for the tip Lowly.

javier995
11-22-2011, 01:29 AM
Turn off your phone for a bit, it's just overheating bc of the over use. It needs to be set down for a bit, and then it'll be back to normal.

Robsta
11-22-2011, 01:39 AM
Also if u raise the battery saver settings in the options it seems to cool my samsung vibrant down as well.

Lowlyspy
11-22-2011, 01:46 AM
Also if u raise the battery saver settings in the options it seems to cool my samsung vibrant down as well.
I tried that but I hate the choppiness of the screen, tap-to-move works well enough for me.

EDIT: np buubuu

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 01:52 AM
Turn off your phone for a bit, it's just overheating bc of the over use. It needs to be set down for a bit, and then it'll be back to normal.

I do this when I'm on for a while. I turn it off and do something else for an hour or so and it cools down!

milikechicken
11-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Sometimes it can be because of the battery that's overheating.

Like they posted up there the best thing to do is play, then let it sit for awhile...

It's not like you can open up the phone and put CPU compound on the processor lol, well your best bet is to check the battery if it's defective, let it sit then play; repeat, or get a new phone and sell that iphone/smartphone you have to a person on craigslist or wherever else. Also, i doubt that a phone has a fan, so basically there is a reason why your phone is getting hotter and hotter from the graphics that STS is dishing out..

Lorddeathz
11-22-2011, 02:24 AM
Actually its,of anyone who is usin wi-fi or 4G to play it drains ur battery while,is,hot ull have to wait a few min for cooldown it has been like this with anyphone u cnt lie even with my old *** blackberry it did this lol so its,not jst pocketlegends,try any other app aswell and,ull see

Sassinya
11-22-2011, 02:42 AM
Battery saver solved the problem on my EVO 4G, I don't have the choppy image issue and still use the joystick. However, I use an extended battery, could be the difference.

WarTornBird
11-22-2011, 07:21 AM
My EVO 4G has never had any issues while playing. You might have to get a new charger cause I was having issues when I plugged it in it would die as well. I just switched to a new charger and problem solved!

Darkfader
11-22-2011, 07:38 AM
My iphone 3GS also overheat sometimes at very high temperature, but it takes usually very long gameplay time. least 1,5h+

arischal
11-22-2011, 08:01 AM
If you turn down the brightness it wont overheat as much. I also got rid of my battery saver cuz it doesn't really work

modredd
11-22-2011, 09:58 AM
My Droid Bionic use to get hot brought it back and just picked up the Razr and no heating at all??

RedRyder
11-22-2011, 10:25 AM
Or just get an iPhone :p on a serious note, everyone else is right. My iPod touch would overheat, ad I'd use some of those methods mentioned and it'd work

Buubuuftw
11-22-2011, 11:42 AM
:biggrin: Ok thanks everyone. Im gonna see how battery saver and switching from tap-to-move works. If that doesn't work I'll see if stopping the game for a bit works. Ty for all the tips everyone! :biggrin:

xxxmikelxxx
11-22-2011, 12:44 PM
These new phones are made with so many active applications running to keep the phone from crashing. Its really hard to keep all that running plus running such a big game. But for the Samsung Galaxy you can try going on Google and finding a website that will let you get your phone rooted. To root your phone means you can delete applications that come with the phone that are unneeded. Only delete those such as Maps, Calender, Bookmarks, etc. The useless applications. I can almost 100% guarantee you that this will speed up any phone.

Artentreri
11-22-2011, 02:58 PM
That's why I love using my iPad, it never overheats and the gameplay is just so much better on a bigger screen.

xxxmikelxxx
11-22-2011, 02:59 PM
Exactly. The iPad is an amazing piece of technology. It never let's users down.

milikechicken
11-22-2011, 03:03 PM
That's why I love using my iPad, it never overheats and the gameplay is just so much better on a bigger screen.

HI! :) i'd rather choose this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ogu3rgbFI

Buubuuftw
11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Tested most of these suggestions. So far so good! Been playing for 1 and a 1/2 hours and no overheating! It also saves me a TON of battery. Usually when playing that long my phone would be at about 20% battery life left but its still at about 80%! Ty for the help everyone!

Elitephonix
11-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Thats why You go buy a Ipad not a galaxy tabelet or samsung
Apple FTW(for the win not the other one)

milikechicken
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
HI! :) i'd rather choose this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ogu3rgbFI

Too bad i olny have the First Asus eee pad transformer that came out so i don't have quadcore CPU T.T! TEGRA 3 D:!!!!!

Artentreri
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Only things I hate about apple: no flash player, and barely any free apps. And yeah, I know I could jailbreak it, I just don't know how to.

XghostzX
11-22-2011, 04:48 PM
yeah happens to me my itouch, where i can't move my character or something. Good news is, they're coming out with PL for chrome on PC and laptop! they already have for star legends

Bunnyshoota
11-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Pour water over it. Universal thing for cooling things down. (eg. Houses, cats, humans, lamps, etc.)

WhoIsThis
11-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Try putting it somewhere cool (ex: a fridge *not freezer though).

Cytokinesis
11-22-2011, 08:17 PM
PL is just to pro for ur phones :rolleyes:

JK :P

Flippys
11-22-2011, 08:45 PM
I have a Droid2Global and Pocket Legends is the only thing that makes my phone overheat. What I feel is the main cause of heat, is the processors. It's a phone, so there is no air flow to help keep these processors cooled. When my phone was bear stock, I was only able to play for 1 hour or so before the heat of the phone would play havoc with the touchscreen. With a rooted D2G, I use setCPU to tune down the processor from 1.2ghz to 600mhz which now allows the phone to run for several hours while playing the game. The phone still heats up, but I really only notice it if I've been playing for a couple of hours.

You also have to remember that your two hands generate heat and transfer that to the device as well. And if the device is already warmer than your body temperature, your hands while holding the device will act like a heat shield.

When I do feel my phone is getting too warm for my comfort level, I pull out a frozen ice pack, wrap it in a paper towel, and let the phone rest on top of it for a couple of minutes. Draws out all the heat, and now the phone is ready to play for another couple of hours.

wonder
11-23-2011, 02:58 AM

but my phone doesn't has that switch??what should I do??

Flippys
11-23-2011, 12:08 PM
but my phone doesn't has that switch??what should I do??

He is referring to the software and not the actual device. Next time you're in the game, go under the game options, and right there on the first tab, the 2nd and 3rd boxes down on the left should be Tap a Move and Virtual Joystick.