PDA

View Full Version : Phishing Scam Site Has Returned! Pls Ban!

Fyrce
10-14-2018, 05:35 AM
The holiday roaches are back! Guess it is tradition now. On throw-away toons, in Windmoore, Outpost and Garetta.

This guy I saw on 10/12, reported but forgot to post:

This morning I saw him again, his script changed a tiny bit:

As previously, he has multiplied in the last two days:

Pretty sure he needs roach spray.

arcanefid
10-14-2018, 05:48 AM
Wait... did you pay Klaas to skip the timer and give you 2 gifts? e_e

Rauitri
10-14-2018, 07:21 AM
Wait... did you pay Klaas to skip the timer and give you 2 gifts? e_eThats what you call rich

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

Spheresome
10-14-2018, 11:44 AM
Looks a little like botting as opposed to website scam tbh. I dont even see any website.

Gouiwaa9000
10-14-2018, 12:03 PM
Lol can hardly tell what hes saying . It should be simple : repeat same thing x amount of times in y amount time and get a 10 minute mute . Penalty increases with further spamming .
This also takes care of people who dont understand that spamming in town wont make anyone buy their stuff .

Spheresome
10-14-2018, 12:18 PM
Lol can hardly tell what hes saying . It should be simple : repeat same thing x amount of times in y amount time and get a 10 minute mute . Penalty increases with further spamming .
This also takes care of people who dont understand that spamming in town wont make anyone buy their stuff .

+1 to this

/11 chars

Fyrce
10-14-2018, 01:53 PM
Apparently I switched toons in between. I think? Not sure but I think that's what happened. Didn't even notice.

arcanefid
10-14-2018, 01:59 PM
Apparently I switched toons in between. I think? Not sure but I think that's what happened. Didn't even notice.

I have already guessed that. It was supposed to be some kind of joke >_>

Suentous PO
10-14-2018, 02:48 PM

I noticed that at the end of he assumed website (I can't read it) they add a string of three random letters as if they're used to avoiding your solution. If sts didn't already have that feature it kinda implies that the spammer is doing this on multiple games having already run into that.

Better solution would just involve the devs joining the game on secret alts at least once a weekend when the roaches come out in force

Gouiwaa9000
10-14-2018, 11:12 PM
I noticed that at the end of he assumed website (I can't read it) they add a string of three random letters as if they're used to avoiding your solution. If sts didn't already have that feature it kinda implies that the spammer is doing this on multiple games having already run into that.

Better solution would just involve the devs joining the game on secret alts at least once a weekend when the roaches come out in force

Good catch , didn't notice that . Well i suppose trying to deal with spam bots manually is also a bad idea since devs get tiered and bots wont . They are constantly changing the way their message is written , each time more complicated ( and harder to understand ) as if to cheat some kind of detection.. so i think its safe to say that its getting harder for them .

Ent
10-15-2018, 04:44 AM
The holiday roaches are back! Guess it is tradition now. On throw-away toons, in Windmoore, Outpost and Garetta.

Pretty sure he needs roach spray.

Please show no mercy to these phishers! Every time I hear the word phisher I am hoping to get some cheap salmon but instead my account gets stolen. Remove these fake fishers from Arlor now!

shadowronn
10-15-2018, 06:58 AM
“Ooga Booga meow meow”

Gaprisha
10-15-2018, 07:32 AM
Its simple. If yall got a massive cake, use it to kill them >=)

Kakashis
10-15-2018, 02:08 PM
Omg I think I'll enter my email and password to that site! Shoot really hate those who scam.

Encryptions
10-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Website is the <5mmo com> thing. Don't go to it because it is stupid, no online website has permissions to modify your stuff unless you 1 give them your account or 2 download something in which is a virus. I DOUBT someone is going to use their time to help others with a website in a game etc. Thats like saying "give me your credit card and I will put 1000$ on it." Its fake.

Justg
10-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Thx for the vigilance.