PDA

View Full Version : Is this right?

Onaraasider
11-22-2011, 10:24 AM
I was checking cs on my low lvl char and then an orcish bow was there for 2k, I let it sit for a few mins then I bought it I kept it for a while to see if owner would call back for it, then after no call back for it I sold it for 125k. Then i started thinking what might have happened, a new player was farming and got that drop he didn't know it was worth a lot and sold for 2k(which is a lot to a new player). I just feel really bad, should I feel bad?
Edit: I stayed all night and waited till later this morning to sell.

RedRyder
11-22-2011, 10:27 AM
You did the right thing in waiting, it wasn't really your fault and you took the best course of action.

Onaraasider
11-22-2011, 10:28 AM
You did the right thing in waiting, it wasn't really your fault and you took the best course of action.Ok! Ty

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 10:29 AM
You did the right thing. Wait to see if he retrieves it

Onaraasider
11-22-2011, 10:31 AM
You did the right thing. Wait to see if he retrieves itO don't have it anymore and I forgot to write down who I sold it to.

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 10:33 AM
He may of collected the money from cs and remembered you name

Ellyidol
11-22-2011, 10:36 AM
No fault of yours at all, IMO. Like you said, 2K may be a lot for the new player. So the new player perceives the 2K as "a lot" already, whether that was the true price or not. Win-win, IMO :)

Fyrce
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
Actually it doesn't have to be a new player. It can be a old player.

Of course, *I* would never do this, but sometimes, one makes a mistake in typing and doesn't notice there's a zero or three missing.

There's also been times when I've written down that XXX is being listed for price YYY, but later when I check, it was actually AAA being listed for price BBB. Now how that happened, I would have no clue. Luckily, this is rare-ish.

I suppose it'd be nice to track down the buyer, but I don't see how it's the buyer's issue at all.

But that was nice of you.

Onaraasider
11-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Actually it doesn't have to be a new player. It can be a old player.

Of course, *I* would never do this, but sometimes, one makes a mistake in typing and doesn't notice there's a zero or three missing. There's also been times when I've written down that XXX is being listed for price YYY, but later when I check, it was actually AAA being listed for price BBB. Now how that happened, I would have no clue. I suppose it'd be nice to track down the buyer, but I don't see how it's the buyer's issue at all.

But that was nice of you.They must have missed two zeroes lol

Onaraasider
11-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I wasn't planning to sell it, I was just gonna leave it on my aoa char, but then I bought this glyph armor and went really poor and was having a great depression amongst myself, so my thought was sell the bow. I was planning to keep for two days to wait for takers, but I sold so I could have money in mt fang.( I should've sold armor)

Jewelsofjane
11-22-2011, 11:04 AM
lol don't feel bad. I got one of the first Orlok sword drops on the first day. I went straight to CS and put it up for sale. In my hurry to get back to leveling, I forgot a few zeros... ok maybe ALOT lmao.... I sold that sword for 300 gold bahahahahahaha.... eh I didnt bother asking to get it back. I figured it was my mistake and at my cost.

cajunqueen
11-22-2011, 11:37 AM
Ha Ha jewel! I have done the same...should I admit more than once? :heart-borken:

Artentreri
11-22-2011, 11:50 AM
I did the same thing that happened to onaraasider. I got that orcish bow while helping someone level up, had no clue what it was worth and sold it to that kid for 3k. Of course, about two seconds after I sold it he told me it was worth like 200k.

Fyrce
11-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I have NEVER made any mistakes in any of my auctions. Never. And certainly NEVER more than once. Nope. Never!

(climbs under a rock to cry silently)

KingFu
11-22-2011, 04:38 PM
Think of it this way. The new player is probably happy he got 2K, and you're happy that you got a lot of profit off it. Both parties are happy, nothing wrong with that. However, if the person wasn't a new player, and simply made a typo, well, most people have done the same thing at least once, and he should learn to be more careful next time. Gratz on the snipe btw.

Bunnyshoota
11-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Onaraasider,

No part of this is your fault. From a logical standpoint, I just think that it would be weird that a new player would:
1) Know about cs
2) Not compare any prices. Pretty much everyone, no matter how new, would atleast ask how much it it worth.
3) Be able to advertise his bow for sale. If he posted it for 3 hours, it would be 500+ gold atleast.

But yeah. For all we know it could have been a rich troll. O.o

Swimmingstar
11-22-2011, 10:23 PM
Weird... also weird someone put up a cosmos robe a while back that I bought for 5k... and resold for 145k...

milikechicken
11-22-2011, 10:36 PM
Did you catch his name (since it tells the sellers name) ? you said you were staring at the bow for like 2mins before you bought it?

You did the correct thing.. But as you said what if it was a new player? they don't know chat commands like /t blahblah