PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft in your pocket? NOT!

Beanmachine
11-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Just curious, why is PL's catch phrase "World of Warcraft in your pocket"?

I've recently got to try WoW and PL is nothing like it. It's a whole different game. There's no open world, and you only gain xp in the range of 1-2. No offense, but it's just too different to compare. I always wondered about this...what do you guys think?

Onaraasider
11-22-2011, 10:45 AM

I've recently got to try WoW and PL is nothing like it. It's a whole different game. There's no open world, and you only gain xp in the range of 1-2. No offense, but it's just too different to compare. I always wondered about this...what do you guys think?Just an expression they are both mmorpg games and pl is like one of the first for mobile.

Ellyidol
11-22-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't think STS themselves coined this slogan, one of the game reviews did. That said, I don't blame them for riding on with the WoW name when they just started :p

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 11:01 AM
I think it is because they are just comparing it to wow

adidaman
11-22-2011, 11:05 AM
Edit

WoundedEagle
11-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Well, Pocket Legends was before Order & Chaos, which is way more like World of Warcraft. Although Pocket Legends was the first Massively-Multiplayer-Online-Role-Playing-Game for iOS. Which was when the phrase was stated, at the release.

SuperNas
11-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I heard on another forum that eve online is coming to phones..but it might just be a rumor

Beanmachine
11-22-2011, 12:53 PM
So basically the main similarity is that they are both MMORPG's but PL is pocket sized...:o
Makes much more sense now.

Xscoopx
11-22-2011, 08:54 PM
First of all, i don't think sts considers that their slogan, a reviewer said that and second, at the time PL was released, it was the first of it's kinda, a 3D MMORPG set in a fantasy setting on the mobile platform, so it did share some characteristics with WoW

Cytokinesis
11-22-2011, 08:55 PM
I heard on another forum that eve online is coming to phones..but it might just be a rumor
wats EVE?

Doubletime
11-23-2011, 08:16 AM
I don't think STS themselves coined this slogan, one of the game reviews did. That said, I don't blame them for riding on with the WoW name when they just started :p

Yeah, the comment came from a review. But as Elly said, you can't really blame them for using it as an advertising tag at the time to get players interested based on WoW's wide-spread popularity and name recognition. I would have done the same thing.

Barrington
11-23-2011, 08:24 AM
yahoo called it "world of Warcraft ...in your pocket"

MoarPewPew
11-23-2011, 09:41 AM

I've recently got to try WoW and PL is nothing like it. It's a whole different game. There's no open world, and you only gain xp in the range of 1-2. No offense, but it's just too different to compare. I always wondered about this...what do you guys think?

If you played WoW before you got into PL you would see the why they said that....