PDA

View Full Version : SL on 3DS? It could work!

bronislav84
11-22-2011, 12:05 PM
Since I got one recently, I was thinking why not? After successfully porting SL to Chrome and with PL coming to Chrome, it could be done.

Just porting the Xperia Play interface to the 3DS and modifying it a bit is the easiest option. What can also be done is to create a system-specific interface which takes advantage of the system's touch screen for menu (opened with the Start button) and menu buttons. Top screen for gameplay, skill layout on the right, and minimap overlay. When the menu is not open the touch screen would have emotes, pots, and a toggle for the minimap. Select can be used to Exit level, at which point the touch screen changes to character select options and stuff. L and R would flip skills like the Play, B for auto attack. Chat can be done through a software keyboard.

The system has unrestricted WiFi access for games and does not require friend codes for internet access like the DS and Wii. Why not have SL as a free download in the Nintendo eShop? Just have it connect to the character database from the rest of the versions.

Of course plat would be a bit hard to set up. I dunno how that would work out, but I'm sure the gameplay would work at least.

What do the rest of you think? Devs care to comment?

Beenjinkin
11-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Great idea!!!!

mugen
11-22-2011, 12:18 PM
I think this has been suggested in the past but none the less it would be cool to play on that 3d screen and to have buttons.

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

bronislav84
11-22-2011, 12:32 PM
I really thought I was the first to suggest it. :(

Oh and I doubt they can make SL actually 3d since that requires special software to create depth on the screen.

octavos
11-22-2011, 12:37 PM
I say psp vita. Because of the xperia play interface and wifi and 3g capability. ;)

Skeletonlord
11-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Id love to see sl on 3DS

bronislav84
11-22-2011, 12:43 PM
Dude, Ghost, they can make a version for both. Does Vita have touch controls?

But seriously if you wanna suggest that it's a matter for another thread. What do you think of a 3DS version? Heck, make it 3d.

mugen
11-22-2011, 12:56 PM
Lol yes 3d FTW
But ya I do understand it would take extra work but 2d would be cool on ds or psp IMHO

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

Ardon
11-22-2011, 01:09 PM

But seriously if you wanna suggest that it's a matter for another thread. What do you think of a 3DS version? Heck, make it 3d.

PS vita has front touchscreen and a back touchpad.

Though with both 3DS and PS Vita, I'm sure STS would have to make a deal with Nintendo or PSN so that Sl is free on both those platforms.

KingFu
11-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Eh, I don't want thousands of 10 year old's in Fort Blackstone begging me when I'm trying to use CS:p

bronislav84
11-22-2011, 02:33 PM

Though with both 3DS and PS Vita, I'm sure STS would have to make a deal with Nintendo or PSN so that Sl is free on both those platforms.Didn't know that. Ok put it on both, except Vita isn't released yet and 3DS is. Can start working on a 3DS version while they wait for a Vita release.

I do not see a problem with making those deals, really.
Eh, I don't want thousands of 10 year old's in Fort Blackstone begging me when I'm trying to use CS:pDoesn't that already happen? :D

Nick41324
11-22-2011, 02:47 PM

For the vita, all STS has to do is take the control layout off the experia play and mash it with any Sony product

PL and SL on a 60" screen playing on the ps3... COULD YOU IMAGINE! I would very easily pay 20-50$ to buy PL from the PSN store.

bronislav84
11-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Yes, they could, but they wouldn't charge for it.

But what's with people going off topic?

Nick41324
11-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Eh, I don't want thousands of 10 year old's in Fort Blackstone begging me when I'm trying to use CS:p
Back to my private cs in guild hall suggestion I made a while back xD

Hiei
11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
3-D starlegends would pretty sick.:onthego:

BodMaster
11-23-2011, 07:04 AM

Though with both 3DS and PS Vita, I'm sure STS would have to make a deal with Nintendo or PSN so that Sl is free on both those platforms.

PS No problem, Nintendo on the other hand.. but STS have been able to bring some magnificent things out of that magic hat of theirs ;)

Arterra
11-23-2011, 07:08 AM
I can attest not the first time suggested. here is a image i posted somewhere about a year ago, around AO3 era.

http://i902.photobucket.com/albums/ac221/yuyuhakushi/Drawing.jpg

daaaamn would it be awesome...

bronislav84
11-23-2011, 07:28 AM
Terra how can you have suggested PL on 3DS back in AO3 era? Was it announced back then even? Also your interface leaves too much to the touch screen and not enough to buttons. Should be a mix of both.

If STS wanted to they could negotiate it no problem.

Arterra
11-23-2011, 07:37 AM
all I remember is that i was in some sort of funny "artist" phase back then, recently discovering google-drawingboard and all. I have pictures that I i drew relating to the overlord and with scimitars in them...
It was announced as a Nintendo project a while ago, sometime last year for sure.

BodMaster
11-23-2011, 08:43 AM
all I remember is that i was in some sort of funny "artist" phase back then, recently discovering google-drawingboard and all. I have pictures that I i drew relating to the overlord and with scimitars in them...
It was announced as a Nintendo project a while ago, sometime last year for sure.

Off Toic:

Grrrrrr... Just lost an hour+ of my life, used the trusty search bar and typed 'Nintendo project' took me to an announcements thread for Beta SL, read the whole thing from top to bottom (would have loved to had my say in that.. oh well :p) LOL!

Arterra
11-23-2011, 08:58 AM
...by nintendo project, i mean the 3ds itself, not this xD

BodMaster
11-23-2011, 09:01 AM
...by nintendo project, i mean the 3ds itself, not this xD

I re-read.... Dohhh xD

bronislav84
11-23-2011, 12:48 PM
It was announced as a Nintendo project a while ago, sometime last year for sure.Oh, I see, I see. It's not bad, just needs more button use is all. Remember STS games tend to have a fast pace sometimes and buttons are faster than software buttons.

I leave sweat smears after a while. Would be too much screen wiping lol. And can the touch screen even support finger taps? I think it kinda does, but I know DS/DSi screen didn't. At least the games I played didn't. Stylus only.

Garvhoz
11-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Yeah I would like to see that

thequickone
11-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey, Bron! Excellent suggestion. I would love to see SL (or any STS game, for that matter) on 3DS, in 3-D or not. Porting or cloning the Xperia Play interface would be an incredibly simple task, and would likely require only a bit of button re-mapping.

Quick spec note; Nintendo's DS line of portable systems are equipped with resistive (pressure sensitive) touch panels, not capacitive (detects electrical interference) ones, so a stylus would have to be used. Attempting to use finger controls on a resistive touch panel is not only frustratingly ineffective, but can also damage the panel.

Bottom line; if SL can be ported to Chrome, it can be ported to anything. The only obstacles are willingness to do so and lengthy licensing/contract negotiations.

Once again, excellent suggestion! ;)

plmafiaboss
11-24-2011, 10:04 PM
Email the devs about it. That's a awesome idea

bronislav84
11-25-2011, 02:03 PM
Actually Quick, the 3DS does respond to both finger and stylus, unlike the DS and DSi.

DS and DSi software games played on a 3DS respond to fingers also. I would say DSi games too but are there any DSi exclusive games other than DSiWare?

Would be perfect if they could do it.

Thanks for supporting the idea ya'll.

By the way, patches can most likely be kept on the SD card as Extra Data, and deleted/modified whenever there's new patches.

Garvhoz
11-26-2011, 02:05 AM
Quick spec note; Nintendo's DS line of portable systems are equipped with resistive (pressure sensitive) touch panels, not capacitive (detects electrical interference) ones, so a stylus would have to be used. Attempting to use finger controls on a resistive touch panel is not only frustratingly ineffective, but can also damage the panel.

Wont matter you need to pay attention to top screen not the bottom really