PDA

View Full Version : Make Epic Loot "Epic"

FeralDruid
04-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Epic loot thus far isn't as impressive as it should be. It doesn't make me want to keep farming hoping I get it to drop.

Right now, most Epic loot is just rare loot with a +m/s or +h/s tacked on top, or some other hard stat.

In all sense of the word, Epic shouldn't be just loot with a low drop rate, but it should also have qualities that make it EPIC OMG PWNZORS!1!

What I mean by this is something like: "chance on hit/crit - causes +5 extra fire damage for 3 seconds, can stack 4 times" "when crit by a target, you gain +20 dps for 15sec, does not stack" "chance on crit for +10 mana, once per 10 seconds"

Just my 2 cents.

GeeJee
04-15-2010, 11:36 AM
Yep, aggreed on that.
I've got a legendary crossbow and an grey heavy crossbow. They got the exact same stats. The legend bow only has an h/s or something like that.
Looking at the fact that a grey bow is earned within 5 minutes vs a legend bow around 30 minutes and a lot of luck, that just isn't fair.

Aegis
04-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Agreed with op

Synozeer
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I agree too. I would love to eventually see special powers with legendary weapons, like granting the ability of a skill like effect (example: 10% chance per hit that weapon does a knockback, a hellscream, extra fire damage, thorn root, etc).

Also, new items would be great too. Rings, gloves, boots, etc.

Dizko
04-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Yea I still wear lvl 14 green loot because its better than anything i've found at level 25 - And I currently have 20 pages of coloured loot in my inventory.

Xervitude
04-15-2010, 04:57 PM
+1. I would also like to see equipment sets that give set bonus's. I know people hate this game getting compared to WoW but there is a reason WoW uses a lot of these ideas. Because they are good ones. ;)

Jetshrike
04-15-2010, 04:59 PM
You should give some to me Dizko :P. Yeah I agree the loot should be made to look epic, maye a glow around it or something? or maybe the more epic the loot you equip the colour of your name changes (so someone using alot of orange loot would have an orange name) those would probably be the easiest ways to show you have epic loot. Of course if you just want epic loot to look epic I agree with that too XD

Banned
04-15-2010, 05:34 PM
And it would be awesome if the epic loot looked epic. Like a shield that has a seal that when hit opens up a portal that releases flaming robot babies that eat your enemies flesh. Well maybe not that epic but a flaming dagger would be pretty cool too.

Deathshock
04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Yeah, and these loot should drop from bosses only or something.

Buvet
04-15-2010, 08:53 PM
I found some pink armor a few days back that is pretty epic, it dropped the damage I took way down, and gave +4 hp regen, cosmetics do need to be changed, but I don't think the stats are too bad. I am a fan of the portal idea, however =]

Banned
04-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Flaming Robot Babies FTW? Maybe if they ever implement quests, epic loot could be a reward for completion.