PDA

View Full Version : What do you do when your hands hurt too much to play anymore?

Slant
11-22-2011, 04:28 PM
hmm... tried playing with the phone on a table and using the index finger but its not too much fun... really wanna level lol... is there some magic lotion or something that stops your thumbs from paining?

haha ive heard other players stop and chill coz of "radioactive hands"

uh im not begging for attention lol :P just wanted to start a fun thread... I know there are some products that make it easier like this one to prevent those white stains on your touchscreen:

http://i40.tinypic.com/rc0rbp.jpg

JazzBlue
11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
I play on iPad2, and I have never run into a problem where my hands "hurt" from playing. tired maybe but never painful, and I've played for LONG stretches of time. This past weekend, I was probably grinding for 20+ hours total or so.

IMHO, you may want to take a break from the game for a while if you are actually having pain from it. This could easily be the beginning of carpal tunnel, or something similar, and may require actual treatment/therapy in order to not get worse. No matter how much I like a game, I'd never want to risk my personal health over it.

xdarkstarxxx
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM
I usually take a five minute brake and wash my hands put a bit of lotion to soften them and massage my own hands...lol it works most of the time.

Killerade
11-22-2011, 05:46 PM
If i get tired playing on my ipad2 i use Chome.
Why use chrome?
u can play with one hand.
You can multitask once u get used to it.(Once u master this u can watch movies, text, and such while playing! This helps if yur in a XP grinding party(only attempt this if yur OP(Engineer if yur pretty suave) and yur party is large if yur a commando sry people will be pretty much relying on u to kill))
Its pretty user friendly I just use QWERAS1234 buttons and space bar.

Slant
11-22-2011, 05:57 PM
cool... just read the wiki entry on CTS, pretty sure its not that... no numbness, no tingling sensation, and its not more often at night or anything... Ive heard many others speak of this prolem in the game as well... when I first heard of it I cudnt believe that anyone could hurt themselves on touchscreens at all... but now I can experience it the pain is more like the ache after lots of walking or exercise im gonna go lil easy soon anyway
miss the joystick on chrome not comfortable with the movement at all, cant do boss runs on chrome yet, but will get there sometime haha
maybe there is a way to hold the device without it hurting too much?

Zeus
11-22-2011, 06:01 PM
When your hands hurt too much to play anymore, I suggest it's time that you learn to start playing with your feet, like chimps do! :D

Kahlua
11-22-2011, 06:17 PM
you need ROBOT HANDZ!!!

Bakoffmycandy
11-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Playing on a touch screen can be taxing on your hands depending how long your playing for. Playing Google Chrome is much easier on the hands for longer play periods.
When my hands ache from playing any game, that's a way of my body saying I need to take 5 lol.

Prime example, Resident Evil 5 gold on PS3 with the Move Sharpshooter. Playing any game with the Sharpshooter feels way more natural compared to a controller. Allows me to play for much longer periods. With the exception of Re5. The run button is directly below the digital walk pad. Cramps my hand up bad holding run & walking. Played with button mapping but its poor quality of options.

Aculeas
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM
stick your hands in an ice bucket and move the ice around with your fingers make fists
then run hot water over them and begin playing again. Its soothing and it's a great exercise for hands.

serprus
11-22-2011, 10:17 PM

Ellyidol
11-22-2011, 10:19 PM
The reason why iPad 2 users don't experience the pain is because they don't need to actually grip the device to play. I used to get pains like this all the time when I only had my iPhone to play with too. My suggestion, play the iPhone/smaller device like a tablet, lean it up against or on a surface of something and just let your fingers do the work. Harder, maybe, but definitely less painful :)

KingFu
11-22-2011, 10:22 PM
I lay down and rest my iPad on my chest :D On an iPod or iPhone, do what I used to. Lay stomach down on the edge of your bed. Let your arms hang off and the iPod just sits in your hands lol

wizardstarr
11-22-2011, 10:33 PM
I agree my thumb does get in pain but that's not what bothers me...

I hate when my phone is heating up and my palms are smoking and in pain

But im just glad it doesn't turn off like xboxs when they over heat :P

Tvis
11-22-2011, 11:07 PM
What do you do when your hands hurt too much to play anymore?

Switch to chrome :D

wizardstarr
11-22-2011, 11:29 PM
What do you do when your hands hurt too much to play anymore?

Switch to chrome :D

Ok that's some good advice

Even most already do it

But it help for those that don't

P.s if your hands get tired stretch then :)
Or if in pain ice them and let it sit in ice for 5 mind the take it out and let it dry for 3 min :)