PDA

View Full Version : Sorting the item list

Snakespeare
07-12-2010, 12:08 PM
I don't know what is the default sort order for the item list, but it needs to be revisited.

As of now, to sort your items you can unequip the items in the order you want them on the list (and since equipping items that are too high causes an automatic unequip, it works for reddened out items, too). Then, when you can see, for instance, all the swords by level, you can decide which ones to liquidate.

Unfortunately, within a hour your nicely sorted item list will return to whatever cryptic sort order the system defaults to (probably some MySQL placeholder named foo or fnord, or possibly by address?).

It would be nice if the DB could remember the sort.

It would be even nicer if we could click a button to sort by level, at least, if not by type and level.

thanks!

flaimdude
07-12-2010, 12:20 PM
Oh look, an original idea that hasn't been said a million times before! XP

Royce
07-12-2010, 02:05 PM
Yeah, this is a great suggestion (one of my favorites probably), but there are already several threads on the topic. Try the search box first next time ;)

Snakespeare
07-12-2010, 03:36 PM
LOL! Some people need to get a life.

You can not seriously believe that an adult who works 40 hrs a week and spends the rest of his time being a grandpa is going to WASTE his time reading EVERY post in this board, just because he wants to ask the devs for one thing. It will never happen. :-)

I don't even have enough time to play, much less read what other players want.

Banned
07-12-2010, 03:57 PM

You can not seriously believe that an adult who works 40 hrs a week and spends the rest of his time being a grandpa is going to WASTE his time reading EVERY post in this board, just because he wants to ask the devs for one thing. It will never happen. :-)

Grandpa just went Clint Eastwood on your asses.

Anyway, I believe Asommers said something about this being added eventually. My dagger collection sure needs some organization.

Royce
07-12-2010, 04:02 PM

You don't have to read every post. You only have to put a couple words like "sort inventory" into the search box. It's common forum courtesy (not that you appear to possess much in the way of interpersonal skills ;) ).

Snakespeare
07-12-2010, 04:04 PM
So now you're flaming?

Royce
07-12-2010, 04:05 PM
So now you're flaming?

You basically implied that I need to get a life. I didn't start this fire ;)

Snakespeare
07-12-2010, 05:15 PM
You basically implied that I need to get a life. I didn't start this fire ;)

Sorry, then. I was just being colloquial. It wasn't directed at you personally. I like to read your posts. Thanks for being so engaged in this game and on this board. I am sure that others would agree with me that you are a big help around here.

What I was trying to say is, I do have a life and I do not have very much time for games, much as I love them.

I shouldn't have said it the other way. Smartass humor doesn't travel well on messageboards. I should know that.

p.s. the phrase "sort inventory" did turn up other threads, as you say.