PDA

View Full Version : Map System feedback request

Justg
10-25-2018, 04:19 PM
You may have noticed we are working through some systems (hopefully) making them better and easier to use.

We are thinking about updating the Map some time in the future.

What do you like or dislike about the current map?

What would make it easier to use or more logical?

Would an ordered list of destinations be helpful?

Appreciate the feedback and hope you are enjoying Halloween!

- g

Oldnewzeus
10-25-2018, 04:24 PM
Do you mean the maps that have been released until now, or the mapping system in generel where u trevel from map to map

regards,

Oldnewzeus

dead, revived but still alive, Oldnewzeus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justg
10-25-2018, 05:03 PM
We're talking about the navigational map, the thing you click on to go places.

Oldnewzeus
10-25-2018, 05:14 PM
We're talking about the navigational map, the thing you click on to go places.

Id say its perfectly fine, maybe just a quicker feature to remap would be nice

regards,

Oldnewzeus

ancestor
10-25-2018, 05:15 PM
I like it pretty much as it is. I wish it had options like sl servers did for password protected maps and join party maps. I feel like when I run cryostar I can't find a party like I used to and at least it will let someone looking that there's someone out there trying to run it too haha. And on elite maps if you can change the skull occupancy alittle down. It's almost overbearing to see them as they are. But most deffently sl map servers are my favorite aspect of that game. It's very clean and easy to find most populas towns and maps to join.

ancestor
10-25-2018, 05:18 PM
Also Dl loot tables to see what drop in that area. For new players and people like me who forget what drops and where :). Last thing is make all tombs and arenas accessable through map. The SL DL and AL system combined would be impeccable:):):)

jade10
10-25-2018, 05:50 PM
Hi g ...i have an idea..
It far from this tread but i think it will help for the game.well if its ok.
I think about aiming mobs. Like for example u want to target a mobs .its like u can click on a single monster that u want to focus ur attck on and after that it will turn back to auto aim . Like for example in mauso ang graveyard u want to kill the mages 1st and sometimes ur attack hit other instead of the mage that u want to kill 1st . So my idea is u can click that monster for the aim.
Same in hydra sometimes i hit the tail instead of the head.
But i think it will ruin some pvp cuz tank will be useless hahahahahaha..
But can we have this on pve? I think its important.

i hope u’ll understand my bad english .
Thank you and have a great day

QuaseT
10-25-2018, 08:02 PM
Id like to see an option for a 2 or 3 players party to be able to join a map and have 2-3 slots reserved for the pt but to fill the missing slots with randoms. So even with 2 or 3 players you can create a pt and still run with 4 players.
Not that close releated but always wanted that feature, the map itself is fine imo.

Crocodile
10-25-2018, 08:06 PM
display loot table for each map would be great!!

slaaayerrr
10-25-2018, 11:07 PM
-will be good if we will not need to slide map (as it was before garetta added to game)
-about pvp maps: cant go straight from one type of pvp map to other type (because when you using wolrd map in pvp - there is no buttons to go other pvp maps)

Xxkayakxx
10-26-2018, 02:41 AM
Map is already good imo. If it would fit the screen without srolling would be better but...minir thing.

An improvment especially for new players would be a display of people of similar level for each map. This would allow non-capped players to group in an easier way.
Let’s say I’m lev 50 and open map: I can see that in Tindirin Wilds there are already 2 players 48-52. I would gladly join map and run with them.
Let’s say I want to complete Misty Grotto. I would go there and wait a little for people to join (knowing they can display I’m there from map)

Btw thanks for your effort to make game better and better and asking our opinion :)

Marosok
10-26-2018, 04:52 AM
I am satisfied with current world map and minimap. Both are nice and clear. Maybe consider adding key bind for fast enter map for players on PC, like minimap has M, world map could have key bind too. I am also fan of "remap" idea and i have idea, how to introduce it. Once, players finish map (boss is killed), button for "remap" appear under "create party" button (for Mausoleum after M6 players remap in M1). Players can press it, or continue to next map, or press key bind for World Map to change area.

slaaayerrr
10-26-2018, 07:54 AM
Like for example u want to target a mobs .its like u can click on a single monster that u want to focus ur attck on and after that it will turn back to auto aim . Like for example in mauso ang graveyard u want to kill the mages 1st and sometimes ur attack hit other instead of the mage that u want to kill 1st . So my idea is u can click that monster for the aim.
Same in hydra sometimes i hit the tail instead of the head.
But i think it will ruin some pvp cuz tank will be useless hahahahahaha..

imagine warrior which can target rogue by his axe (pull, -25%armor, chance to stun, target unable to crit), are u sure about useless tanks in pvp? lol

Lethoiun
10-26-2018, 09:02 AM
Honestly the map where you click to go to places is amazing.

I would just like the loot table as metioned by someone... Plz have furniture items lootable :) like the more higher end ones

Motherless_Child
10-26-2018, 10:47 AM
You may have noticed we are working through some systems (hopefully) making them better and easier to use.

We are thinking about updating the Map some time in the future.

What do you like or dislike about the current map?

What would make it easier to use or more logical?

Would an ordered list of destinations be helpful?

Appreciate the feedback and hope you are enjoying Halloween!

- g

The left to right scrolling is a bit annoying at times.... Maybe a more "spherical" map to eliminate the "longitude" world that Arlor currently is....... Small but, sometimes those "small" things pack a "huge" punch..... LOL....

display loot table for each map would be great!!

Yeah...... Some kind of displayable loot table would definitely "season-up" the map a bit. It just seems a bit "contextually bland" without it.........

patogenos
10-26-2018, 11:58 AM
We're talking about the navigational map, the thing you click on to go places.justg bro i have one problem who help me?

Enviado desde mi ALP-L29 mediante Tapatalk

Jhoncat
10-26-2018, 12:07 PM
Do you mean the maps that have been released until now, or the mapping system in generel where u trevel from map to map

regards,

Oldnewzeus

man i know you oldnewzeus don't need write ur name each setence...

About map a quick teleport slot would be nice to help in farm

Oldnewzeus
10-26-2018, 12:08 PM
man i know you oldnewzeus don't need write ur name each setence...

About map a quick teleport slot would be nice to help in farm

Well its a formality my friend

regards,

Oldnewzeus

ajxn
10-26-2018, 12:11 PM
Is arlor the name of the continent planet or the whole universe ? :v

Jhoncat
10-26-2018, 12:11 PM
Well its a formality my friend

regards,

Oldnewzeus

Well regarding oldnewjhoncat

PatD
10-26-2018, 12:25 PM
i like the map as it is, what would simplify my life a lot is to be able to sort friends by lvl, class, last online etc.. and maybe even by Somberholt rank! :)

Also it would be nice to have some titles banner for house!! imagine a nice long banner on top of my beer barrel with the title diabolist or else!!

but i'm completely out of the topic sorry!

But its Friday!!! :)))

Azerothraven
10-27-2018, 11:11 AM
Is arlor the name of the continent planet or the whole universe ? :v

Alor is the realm/world name.

Three feature I would suggest.
1. No scolling left and right.. condense to one screen or similar
2. Ability to run same map e.g. You can select a button which takes you to a map of your predtermined choice e.g. elite south gates for better farming/timed run/energy farm/lb event run etc etc... (something like quick inventory and quick swap gear sets combined but for maps)
3. Display tips when in map for lower level people to ask for help from others or town etc or gears etc..

Gaprisha
10-27-2018, 11:45 AM
I like the map as it is. The scrolling is fine aswell imo. I feel it will get too crowded and area names will get smaller on one static screen especially on a phone and with peeps with fat fingers, imagine them clicking on an area only to end up on another. #fatfingersmatter
An alternative would be, to be able to toggle swtich between two different views of the map. One normal and one in the form of a list.

I also like the idea of knowing the loot table of each area similar to locks.

Another suggestion: add a count down timer on the world map for deep marsh, northal and cryostar when they open. Since most of the time peeps dont know when and how long its been open especially say when deep marsh opens up at odd times for most of us.

Ebereasider
10-27-2018, 03:00 PM
add a count down timer on the world map for deep marsh, northal and cryostar when they open. Since most of the time peeps dont know when and how long its been open especially say when deep marsh opens up at odd times for most of us.

+1
Really really needed

Arowielki
10-27-2018, 03:19 PM
+1 to loot tables of the areas. New players don't even know what are elites for, besides achievements making. Good old Malison droping in elite Ydra or Archon rings from elite Shuyal. Mostly useless stuff now but this should be written somewhere imo.

Motherless_Child
10-27-2018, 03:44 PM
+1
Really really needed

That would be excellent.......

Kakashis
10-28-2018, 03:26 PM
I like the map as is as well. Would be nice if we didn't need to scroll though. I like to see everything all at once.

Fyrce
10-28-2018, 04:01 PM
I would like the Elite Map to hold its location as well, not just normal map. It is minorly vexing to find the map on the Festerfang side when I want to be on the Shuyal side for Elites.

Qnoy
10-29-2018, 10:37 PM
Give maps

- additional lootable/drops info from maps / bosses
- Mobs & Bosses info
- level requirements status
- Tips and suggested gear for each map zone, e.g when we click on underhull it should display like recommend gear : antignome / banished set or arcane gear

Sent from my SH-01F using Tapatalk

ReneVDG
10-30-2018, 05:08 PM
A /remap option would be cool.
Also like someone else already mentioned it would be cool to see the loot per map.

Zynzyn
10-31-2018, 06:28 AM
Suggestions:

I dislike having to drag the map left and right to click on a place.

An ordered list of places would be convenient.

One tab that takes me straight to my current favorite zone would be awesome.

If I am in elite mode, I should be so until I pick normal. The focus should be on clearing out redundant repetitive minor tasks.

Maps that inform the players about loot that drops there through a blurb would be wonderful as well.

Vinx3
11-03-2018, 02:03 AM
The mini map is not really helpful, because im unable to locate myself where i am in the mini map only my friends.
Should have a marker for myself too and color of the marker and the shape is too small and faint so its hard to see as well.

bonjovi3223
11-03-2018, 05:48 AM
+1 to loot info on world map.
+1 to boss info on world map. Mobs info is not necessary as it would be too much feel.
-10 for list view on world map. Everything currently is in list view....all the way from auction till crafting. The current view of world map is perfect.

Maybe a zoom out feature on world map to make it easier to travel from one corner to the other.

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L01 using Tapatalk

Shishigami
11-03-2018, 08:16 PM
I think the map is good but we need a faster option to remap

Xiixi
11-04-2018, 05:11 AM
I have an idea.

How about a selection on where we can go in a map. Fo example if we click on The City of Kraag, we be given an option to directly access Kraag Tombs if we want. I know this sounds lazy but, it would be appreciated by players :D

chrizplague
11-06-2018, 07:28 PM
I have an idea.

How about a selection on where we can go in a map. Fo example if we click on The City of Kraag, we be given an option to directly access Kraag Tombs if we want. I know this sounds lazy but, it would be appreciated by players :DI usually check my friend list or guild tab to see who's in the kt. During events the majority of players are in kt so it's easy to find a name and click join. Rather than going kragg and then kt. Instant join to kt, even Kt4.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Avaree
11-06-2018, 09:30 PM
I like the map as it is. The scrolling is fine aswell imo. I feel it will get too crowded and area names will get smaller on one static screen especially on a phone and with peeps with fat fingers, imagine them clicking on an area only to end up on another. #fatfingersmatter
An alternative would be, to be able to toggle swtich between two different views of the map. One normal and one in the form of a list.

I also like the idea of knowing the loot table of each area similar to locks.

Another suggestion: add a count down timer on the world map for deep marsh, northal and cryostar when they open. Since most of the time peeps dont know when and how long its been open especially say when deep marsh opens up at odd times for most of us.

+1 to the bold.

PostNoob
11-10-2018, 12:51 AM
The map itself is fine, you could add in notable drops in a tab somewhere. I was thinking of the 'Time left" on the cyclical boss events.

Wish you guys would make a game list, when im bored I'd like to find games with low level people and help randomly. Probably a lot of work but that was one of my favorite UI in Pocket Legends.

PsychoNuke
11-11-2018, 10:41 AM
Remap/Reset Instance option: Ability to map the same map again, really needed for AP runs. At present we need to switch to house/ghall/town/other map in order to remap/reset.
Looking for Group/Party option: Make a option to find people who want to run same maps or do same activity like APs, dailies etc.
Why?
As a new player its a pain to find people to do level 45+ content, they have to spend long time asking random players in towns.
Looking for Group text fails because there is no global/world chat, and now that Auction can be accessed through hud there are even less people in towns.
At present the system groups random players in an instance based on their levels (the +-2 logic), the problem is that its only effective for popular maps like ESG/Maus. If a level 71 player wants to do level 66 content then this system fails.

I am sure there might be more scenarios where it can help.

Motherless_Child
11-11-2018, 02:01 PM
Remap/Reset Instance option: Ability to map the same map again, really needed for AP runs. At present we need to switch to house/ghall/town/other map in order to remap/reset.
Looking for Group/Party option: Make a option to find people who want to run same maps or do same activity like APs, dailies etc.
Why?

As a new player its a pain to find people to do level 45+ content, they have to spend long time asking random players in towns.
Looking for Group text fails because there is no global/world chat, and now that Auction can be accessed through hud there are even less people in towns.
At present the system groups random players in an instance based on their levels (the +-2 logic), the problem is that its only effective for popular maps like ESG/Maus. If a level 71 player wants to do level 66 content then this system fails.

I am sure there might be more scenarios where it can help.

I'm starting to like this guy's posts......

Very sensible...... And factual............

DarkShadowess
11-20-2018, 07:44 PM
Map system works great. In the words of my Dad, "Don't fix what's not broken."

redeye15
11-27-2018, 05:11 AM
The current map is great...

Toccsic
12-05-2018, 07:52 AM
Getting 10 posts *ignore*

Toccsic
12-05-2018, 07:59 AM
Getting 10 posts *ignore this*

Jeoraseo
12-07-2018, 11:57 PM
oh about that “navigational” map, i think it should be removed for it is useless,
the fast travel option is way more convenient.

iulicutu
12-09-2018, 05:21 AM
i think maybe a "zoom" option would be great...i really don't like the fact that i have to "change/move" the map when i wanna go from tindrin/shuyal to festerfang outpost

Stonedincali
12-14-2018, 11:21 PM
I would say that the maps aren't an issue at all. Some of the ideas are great, but nothing worth putting any effort into.
I say keep the old map system, and add more maps!
Happy hunting...
Stonedincali

Mrplate
01-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Nice sjjsj i m excited but outdated

Kiditachi
01-13-2019, 01:20 PM
I dislike the ..... Nothing
Bring out new maps that are hard give good exp and plz remove the pay2win things

Albiery
01-26-2019, 06:58 PM
wave, the sistem of maps and very good! but I think that should give you a remap option faster and easier for example so I'm running in souther gates and I want to go again could you an option for me of the remap, another thing I believe that if you change the appearance of the map a little put it more medieval would be great after all arcane legends almost never change the appearance would be good and also would be good launches more noble throughout the game, and make a city with several options a different thing imagine a new city with 3 different haides, a thing that would be good and also updating the mini map puts you more alive a more midieval map, could have the arlo world map and a mini map to the city, thanks