PDA

View Full Version : Know any vanity head-wear to increase speed?

Communion
10-26-2018, 10:11 PM
Do those Red/White Trails of Freedom increase speed?

I recall somebody using something that looked like it in PvP, which I where I want to show them off. First need to gather some information on them before buying it pointlessly.

Thanks.

burntoutdex
10-26-2018, 10:32 PM
cake set, mimi ring, samhain ring for >L50, they all increase speed slightly. I dont know if the trail antenna do, though i think that's false.

Tpfelblatt
10-27-2018, 04:56 PM
Trails of Freeodm don't increase speed.

Also speed buffs do not work in PvP arenas.

Communion
10-27-2018, 08:43 PM
Ring works and I ran into someone with a white trail following behind him in Forest Fight one time, a couple months ago. I'm not sure I can say your post is information I can rely on.

Communion
10-27-2018, 08:47 PM
cake set, mimi ring, samhain ring for >L50, they all increase speed slightly. I dont know if the trail antenna do, though i think that's false.

Thanks, I was already aware of the speed bonuses those rings give, but I guess it's handy knowing that these are still the only rings that exist in PL that give speed bonuses still.

Tpfelblatt
10-28-2018, 08:23 AM
Ring works and I ran into someone with a white trail following behind him in Forest Fight one time, a couple months ago. I'm not sure I can say your post is information I can rely on.

https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?410789-2017-11-01-Content-Update-239586

tldr: Circle of Samhain shouldn't work in PvP

I've tried a bunch of Stuff and Trails of Freedom in PvP to test the speed. I ran in between ornaments with run duration ~20 secs.

Rings and Trails I've tested:
The Screaming Mimi (TCM): lvl10, 25% Run Speed
Circle of Samhain (COM): lvl50, 50% Run Speed
Ring of Wraith (ROW): lvl100, 25% Run Speed
My Trail of Freedom White, Blue and Red (ToF): no Run Speed in description, no run speed in my test runs in PvP, PvE or Town (note that I was using gold bought Trails)

Forest Fight, Rockwall Forts, Shadow Fight, The Nexus, The Halls of OIO, The Mausoleum:
TCM: yes
COM: no
ROW: no

now weirdly
Shadow Capture:
TCM: yes
COM: yes
ROW: yes
ToF: nonono

I belive the last one is a bug.

So in conclusion TCM does work in arenas and the other Rings don't; other than in that possibly buggy arena. You can spot TCM by the red skulls bursting out of the useres throat.
My Trails of Freedom do not grant run speed buffs but the Trails are there.

You can try it for yourself. Maybe you learn something more/else than I.

Communion
11-01-2018, 06:00 AM
I was already aware of this, also my bad for the misleading post as I said earlier, 'Ring works'. I was only referring to mimi because I already tested the Samhayne ring out in my own time, before creating the thread.

Thanks for the clarification though, there will probably be some other forum users or guests roaming around and might learn bits and pieces of information from your post.