PDA

View Full Version : NOOOOO WHYY is there always something keeping me from playing PL><

Whirlzap
11-23-2011, 10:17 AM
Apparently, my iPod got drenched in some water and now the sleep button IS ALIVEEEEE
I'm serious! My iPod randomly goes into sleep mode every 5 seconds, so I have to unlock every time! Can't even grind. Apparently the waters all dried out, but the sleep button's STILL malfunctioning.
SOOOOOO....

Buying a new one is way out of budget, so two options.
1. Jailbreak and switch the sleep function from sleep button into another option.
This seems like a good option, but I don't want to risk destroying all the data on my iPod or anything.

2. Wait for PL to be released on PC.
STS PLEASE HURRY UP WITH THIS LOL><

Looks like Choice#2 is the best option. Gonna go download the newest Chrome Beta now.

KK, by this time I expect you all to be ROFLMAOing, and saying how fail this noob I am;/
Yup, sorta screwed now. I've read over 20 different websites on how to fix this, none helps BTW.
One talked about the iPod magically working again after a week or so, so maybe Santa Claws can grant me an early present;)?

Skeletonlord
11-23-2011, 10:21 AM
You must feel really bad. Wait for pl on pc will be best option

Whirlzap
11-23-2011, 10:28 AM
LOL, IKR.
Apparently it's probably the water damage...
Yes, it's going complete haywire now. I can expect it to blow up any second now.

Ebalere
11-23-2011, 10:30 AM
*ahem* SL is on chrome *cough cough* *nudge* *wink*

Whirlzap
11-23-2011, 10:31 AM
I know, I really really really want to.
But my mage is STILL halfway to 66. And I must get to 66 before resuming SL.
But you'll be the first to know when I'm done with my mage.

Bunnyshoota
11-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Someone get this poor guy a cough drop. The lemon ones are good!

largecommand
11-23-2011, 10:48 AM
Someone get this poor guy a cough drop. The lemon ones are good!

Lmao...btw whirl if ur xwhirlzx on PL...UR Cruel!!:(((.,.......:)

Ellyidol
11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
I'd give it time too. My phone has been drenched as well, that pop-up saying a headphone is connected used to keep happening. After awhile it completely dried up and went away :)

Hankomachos
11-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Apparently, my iPod got drenched in some water and now the sleep button IS ALIVEEEEE

Pls tell me you didn't drop it in the toilet. ;) jk

WoundedEagle
11-23-2011, 10:59 AM
What version of iPod is it? jail break it :)

Redbridge
11-23-2011, 11:13 AM
Genuinely gutted for ya. We've got a spare iPod touch here in the UK but it would involve fighting a 4year old Peppa Pig fan for it, and she REALLY likes peppa pig and colouring games so not confident of your chances.....

Everything I've read about about water damage suggests turning off the device immediately and letting it dry out naturally for days/weeks and then further drying out in a warm place (very important not done initially). Sounds like you might be past that point though. Electronic devices and water seriously don't mixed but iThingy's are reported to have special technology to reduce water damage.

Good Luck with it.... There are some great cheap Andriod devices around.... Maybe a tablet for Xmas? Fingers crossed you've been really good this year....lol

Conradin
11-23-2011, 11:18 AM
ThIs happEned to me. It made me stop pvp for a while- try drying out you ipod (leave it in a warm place) and then just play with it. It can be really anoying tho- and after a while it stopped. But my sleep button is broken now. But know it gets better! Dryer the better. (no hairdryer though) and ive head a bag of rice helps (put it inside)

topskillz
11-23-2011, 11:18 AM
Put your ipod in dry rice always works man, left mine out in the rain before, and its still fine. Hope this is help

Ayc2000
11-23-2011, 11:23 AM
awww...not again...
just try jailbreaking it, you have nothing to lose anyways XD
plus, i don't think the computer version will be out soon

mejslll
11-23-2011, 01:20 PM
get a zip lock bag, and a few of those packets they ship with watches or you can find in some purses(they absorb moisture), put the devise in the bag with the packets and take all the air out (as much as you can) and let it sit for a week end...

it may fix it...i did it with a phone that kept shorting out after i dropped it in a cup of bear

good luck

Swimmingstar
11-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Why does everyone have an iPod? LOL and get it drenched in water. *cough* *cough* *cough* *cough* *walks away*

KingFu
11-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Take off the back (if you don't know how, search it on YouTube) and put it in a bowl of minute rice. It absorbs water, and has fixed a few of my phones. Blow dryer is also not a bad idea.

Haowesie
11-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Pls tell me you didn't drop it in the toilet. ;) jk

Oh... was checking cs sales lol :P

Whirlzap
11-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Are you sure putting it in rice works?
I mean seriously, I'm pretty sure the LCI is already fully pink and I'm 99% sure that there has been water damage.
I've heard of many people on Internet saying after a few weeks it started working again.
Hmm, I shoved it into a bag of rice for 8 hours last night.
I am almost sure that I got all the water out when I dried the outside with a towel, shaked it really hard, and then,(weird enough, SINCE I WAS DESPERATE), sucked on the sleep button compartment to get out any leftover water.

It was sink water, not toilet water BTW.
I've even posted threads on Apple Discussion forum.
I've heard about some app for jailbroken devices that switches the sleep feature from the sleep button to pressing the Home Button 2x.

Anyhow, I'm sorta envious about Artemis getting her iPod back.
QQ.
ARTEMIS GIVE ME YOUR HOPE AND LUCK!!!! T.T

I can still play, but random lock seizures attack my iPod from time to time, so I have to quit from a grind.
Maybe, if I can tolerate the lock seizures, I can get my mage done and go do SL.

But still, hope. Pray for me, guys.
Has Black Friday passed?