PDA

View Full Version : Elixir Free Running

Rare
11-23-2011, 02:51 PM
If there is already a thread like this, please close/lock/delete/whatever. I didn't really have time to search but it seems like something thats bothering a lot of people. I for one had an interesting day on PL. I started the day off on elixir with my bird. No problems joining any games, lvled to 65, blah blah blah. Soon as my pot ran out, the host asked me to buy another pot (this was after others had already come and gone). I expected the boot. They were nice enough not to and I left.

The next 10 or so games I joined though... not so lucky. EVERY SINGLE ONE booted me because I wasn't potted or asked me to buy a 4x elixir.

So this got me to thinking. Its become very difficult to find games these days that you can join that will except you for what you are and not what you COULD be on steroids. This is evident by the large number of threads about the subject. Even my Guild runs with elixir almost all the time. They wouldn't boot me or anything but I feel bad holding them back.

So, I would like to compile a list of players names who would not boot someone because they are not on the juice. Basically, what it means is if you see anyone on this list hosting a game, you can join it at ease knowing they will not boot you because you are not elixired (That's not to say they won't boot for some other reason).

If you want to be added, just post.

"Life is cool without drugs too" List:

Aedenos
Aestrella
Akaee
Aneheazatek
Anichelith
Artentreri
Asalaebaki
Atlanntis
BearBG
Buubuuftw
Changyeo
Corrvus
CrimsonTider
CrimsonnTider
Drearasy
Fatpigwarrior
Funkysword
Gotnorange
Hankomachos
hankthestud
Haowesie
Iamdaman
Karaai
LyrrLynn
MightMicah (IGN?)
Onaraasider
Rubybird
Rubydawn
Rubydusk
Rubypaw
Rubystorm
Sorcererssoul
Squishybirdie
Swimmingstar
Trollee
Trollix
Uiscebeatha
Urrsus
Valkarya
Veochafy
Whosdaddy
xxxsabrinaxxx (IGN?)
Zamu
ZAurbanSQWRL (IGN?)

Onaraasider
11-23-2011, 02:58 PM
Me, because I'm broke.

Rare
11-23-2011, 03:16 PM
Me, because I'm broke.

Not exactly the atitude I was hoping for :emmersed: but I'll add you.

BTW, I'm from Lawrenceville.

neko
11-23-2011, 03:16 PM
My characters would like to be on that list.

PersianLord
11-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Same feeling here ( boot ! every game i joined ) . But i join game to game with non elixir players and got 2 L65 pink ! Yay !

PL Playa
11-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Can u add me my ign is Valkarya, because I honestly do not use plat

Veoveoveo
11-23-2011, 03:24 PM
U can add me! (Veochafy)
I have never used a plat elix ever, only gold ones. :)

Sorcererssoul
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Funkysword and Sorcererssoul would be honored to join that list :)

CodyBearr
11-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I never pot at all (besides the free daily) and on my way to 65 I've been booted for that same reason sooooooooooo many times, I'm cool with it because they think I'll just slow down their runs or die but honestly they die more then I do lol (unless a boss one shots me, witch I got muted for saying "one shot" about 3 times) but my friends always let me stay unless they are full and if you know my char then you know I can play just fine and not die often....

Same thing happened when I was going from 56-61 and that's why I didn't make it to 61 in time besides things to do, every game I joined I got booted and when I made my own only low lv join so it was frustrating but what can I do really

Swimmingstar
11-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Me. But sometimes I will let a pot join over no pot. I will not boot but will politely ask you to leave because friend coming, full, etc. The good reasons.

If there is someone below level 60... sorry.
If the person who I ask politely to leave and I have a reason. Like you aren't helping you just sit around. Then I will boot if they don't leave. I won't boot you if you don't have an elixir unless someone else is coming with elixir, a friend is coming, you aren't helping, etc. the good reasons.

I also don't boot people because of a random letter. I find many people boot me before the screen even loads because of: s.

ZAurbanSQWRL
11-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Me i haz never potted and im lvl 53

Haowesie
11-23-2011, 05:06 PM
Although I'm almost always potted, I try not to boot unless I see you either leeching or not have enough mana to actually be "playing". I've seen some people out there on auto almost all the time without using any skills -- although it doesn't worry me, there are other people more deserving.

I would never boot because a player is not potted or a low level.

On another twist, I hate people asking me to boot so I almost never host unless I know the people in the party. I do tend to join a lot of PUGs tho...

bronislav84
11-23-2011, 05:17 PM
Your experiences is why I have ceased joining hosted games since like, Sewer onward except if a friend/guildie is hosting. This makes it hard to level because I have to ask guild or friends if they're in a game I can join.

Add me to the list, as I sometimes host if there's no regular games.

*subscribed*

Urqui
11-23-2011, 05:23 PM
What I do sometimes to not get booted is i buy 7k elixer lol
It usually works & you dont get booted as much (unless theyre full) & when you run out just say "i'll repot after run in guild hall"
;)

Chang Yeo
11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Put changyeo up

xxxsabrinaxxx
11-23-2011, 05:28 PM
I never boot a person just cuz theyre not using an elixir, add me to tha list :D

Artentreri
11-23-2011, 06:17 PM
I'm too poor to buy elixirs, so feel free to add me. Same as forum name, level 62 bear.

Trollee
11-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Definately add me to that list. At the moment I have more important things to spend money on in RL than plat, especially to just waste on pots. Gold elixirs all the way!

Buubuuftw
11-23-2011, 09:24 PM
I only use dailies and 1.5x elixirs but when I get to buy plat its another story XD! But I wouldn't ever boot someone if they don't use elixirs. Elixirs are there for a boost. You shouldn't be abusing them by creating 4x elixir runs only! That's unfair to all the other players who might not be able to buy plat that often. Go ahead and add me up there =P

Rare
11-23-2011, 09:29 PM
Thanks everyone for supporting the cause. Hopefully there are many more yet to come.

Buubuuftw
11-23-2011, 09:57 PM
Buubuuftw (IGN?)
Same as my forum name, Buubuuftw :witless:

adidaman
11-23-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm currently 30k through 65, no elixrs (: I would never boot for that reason. Add iamdaman to that list

Ruby!!!
11-24-2011, 02:59 AM
I'm always on 4x and I never would boot someone for not being on elixirs. Please add Ruby* to the list :)

... I have more important things ...
More important than PL? That is blasphemy! :p

Fatpigwarrior
11-24-2011, 03:06 AM
Add meeeeeeeeee!

Uepauke
11-24-2011, 04:36 AM
I don't boot people for not having elixirs, even if I'm potted. The only thing is, our elixir runs involve forward pulls (i.e. the mob is dragged forward and killed as we go), so it means not lingering behind and anticipating where the team will go next pretty well.

JaytB
11-24-2011, 05:04 AM
our elixir runs involve forward pulls (i.e. the mob is dragged forward and killed as we go)

It's called a 'death train' (courtesy of Physiologic) :)

MightyMicah
11-24-2011, 05:51 AM
Never. I would never boot. But im not gonna be 66 either or 65. I gave up on top lvl. Its just not worth it anymore.

slaveleia
11-24-2011, 01:10 PM
I booted an elixir user cause he wanted a full 4X group & wanted me to boot the one person not on elixirs. He kept axing me so I took him out. Oops oh well the non-elix person was doing the best he can so I have no reason to rudely boot him. Then he called me a noob & said he would give me a Sanguine (sarcastically) lmao

Chang Yeo
11-24-2011, 05:23 PM
I find it really annoying, I'm never an elixir user(only the free daily one)
and I absolutely hate it when ppl boot cuz im not spending my real money on plat so I can elixir up and make all those other guys happy.
I'm sure a lot of us feel this way:mad:

mugen
11-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Add me to the list Ign:uiscebeatha
Drugs r bad mmmkay lol

Sent from my 3G Cellosarus using Tapatalk

Zamu
11-24-2011, 07:18 PM
Add me on, Zamu - lvl 44 int mage and rising :)

Aneheazatek
11-24-2011, 08:58 PM
add me on the list. my nick = ign :)

Akaee
11-25-2011, 05:57 AM
U can put my toons on the list too, i do pot sometimes but wold never boot anyone for not using one or being " to low level" if u can enter the map anyone is welcome to have the fun of it.

Shellkaz
11-25-2011, 06:30 AM
Feel free to add me to the list. I use elixirs off and on mostly on during the grind to 66. But I can honestly say I've only booted once in a game I hosted. And that was because I was waiting for someone to join up. I immediately used a password on the subsequent runs. (because I felt so bad about booting them) **lesson learned**

**hint - if ppl want elixir only runs use a password. My guild does it all the time for guild only runs.

CrimsonTider
11-25-2011, 09:23 AM
I am a frequent 4x user and have never booted non-elixired players. As a matter of fact, I boot elixired players, no matter how long they were currently with me, for asking me to boot. I have also been known to leave games where this has happened where I am not the host. People have become so spoiled that they tend to not realize that once you have 2-3 in your party who are elixired, the runs typically don't speed up that much.

Add Crim to that there list! ;)

Trollee
11-25-2011, 09:53 AM
People have become so spoiled that they tend to not realize that once you have 2-3 in your party who are elixired, the runs typically don't speed up that much.
Well said, and it's so true aswell. I wish more people knew this because I find that the conflict between elixir users and non-elixir users often spoils my enjoyment in playing in the game, especially when on the receiving end... :P

Tamino
11-25-2011, 10:05 AM
People have become so spoiled that they tend to not realize that once you have 2-3 in your party who are elixired, the runs typically don't speed up that much.

Not only! Someone asks for 4x elixir, forgetting the 4x actually gives 3x damage and shield, and only 4x EXP...

Reaganite
11-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Please add BOOTYSTOMPER to your list. I like to play just as I am, not all roided up.

Rare
11-25-2011, 10:07 PM
List updated. Sorry for the delay. Holidays and all