PDA

View Full Version : OK. Let's discuss about the disadvantages of Warrior..

philip
04-15-2010, 12:14 PM
OK. Generally it's known that currently the warrior has been really underpowered.
so let's try to see those disadvantaged in one thread. So we can understand it better.
my opinion is

- The weapon equality. The dagger seems to be much powerful than warrior's weapons.

- STR doesn't increase the base damage while it is supposed to be. but DEX does!!

- There's not specific skill that can deal damage to monsters. (stomp? compare it to firestorm or blast shot.. haiz)

- hell scream or other de-buff skills are not that effective. My friend just tested out Hell Scream level 5.. He ended up deleting that character. -50 dmg sounds very effective but actually it doesn't really.

- Warriors has now 4 buff skills. ending up being hard to control(slots not enough) and finishing up mana and mana potions really really fast.

- armors for warrios have almost same armor(defense) as archer and enchantess' armors.

- crashing skills.(skills with so similar effect.) (1. Vengeful slash and Super mega slash.) (2.Taunt with Evade) (3. Taunt with Beckon) (4. Crushing blow with Hell scream)
->why don't warriors have any other impressive skills.. was expecting really good skills from warriors this time but..

(to see how skills are unbalanced. for example. Archer with dagger can deal much damage than normal warriors.) I think the main problem is the skills of warriors are not that powerful as other classes' and DPS is lower too.

We warriors want something other than being a sandbags!! or proper tankers at least..

rangerlump
04-15-2010, 12:50 PM
I think taunt should be more effective. Seriously, I hit taunt, the mobs get the ! icon, turn glance at me, then turn back around and continue to beat on the healer.

Maybe, forcing the mobs to attack me for 6 seconds regardless of threat would help out.

soundnin
04-15-2010, 12:55 PM
str stat should boost base damage like already mentioned, but bigger boosts to health would make us proper meat shields too.

Deathshock
04-15-2010, 08:09 PM
To add to the armor part, some enchantresses have more armor than warriors (prebuff)

Buvet
04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
The real disadvantage of warriors is that they rely on other classes, but other classes not only don't rely on them, but often don't provide the support a warrior needs.

I would also like to see a skill that deals ongoing damage, like "bleed" or something

tubbies
04-16-2010, 12:34 AM
The OP pretty much sums it up. Its frustrating to see my bear get knocked about by bosses as easily as chickens and mages. We were meant to be tanks, but can't tank reasonably because we can't hold aggro and can't effectively tank bosses without keeping our thumbs off the pot button.

I'm most annoyed by the armor issue and one other; the friggin 2 handed weapons. The dps on those huge chunka nothin' is just plain bad. Considering its TWO HANDED, we expect more dps from giving up a shield *cough Dagger Chickens cough*.

I think taunt should be more effective. Seriously, I hit taunt, the mobs get the ! icon, turn glance at me, then turn back around and continue to beat on the healer.

Maybe, forcing the mobs to attack me for 6 seconds regardless of threat would help out.

I think that suggestion you made is good and hope it gets implemented. Otherwise i'll never have a reason to have taunt on my hotbars.

Splurd
04-17-2010, 05:02 PM
OK. Generally it's known that currently the warrior has been really underpowered.
so let's try to see those disadvantaged in one thread. So we can understand it better.
my opinion is

- The weapon equality. The dagger seems to be much powerful than warrior's weapons.

- STR doesn't increase the base damage while it is supposed to be. but DEX does!!

- There's not specific skill that can deal damage to monsters. (stomp? compare it to firestorm or blast shot.. haiz)

- hell scream or other de-buff skills are not that effective. My friend just tested out Hell Scream level 5.. He ended up deleting that character. -50 dmg sounds very effective but actually it doesn't really.

- Warriors has now 4 buff skills. ending up being hard to control(slots not enough) and finishing up mana and mana potions really really fast.

- armors for warrios have almost same armor(defense) as archer and enchantess' armors.

- crashing skills.(skills with so similar effect.) (1. Vengeful slash and Super mega slash.) (2.Taunt with Evade) (3. Taunt with Beckon) (4. Crushing blow with Hell scream)
->why don't warriors have any other impressive skills.. was expecting really good skills from warriors this time but..

(to see how skills are unbalanced. for example. Archer with dagger can deal much damage than normal warriors.) I think the main problem is the skills of warriors are not that powerful as other classes' and DPS is lower too.

We warriors want something other than being a sandbags!! or proper tankers at least..
haiz?

I sense a Singaporean :D

Leyeh88
04-18-2010, 02:31 AM
lol haiz...
sigh...

maxvegas
04-18-2010, 02:36 AM
help them warriors guys .... they are becoming an extinct race in legend i swear ...

Rambogesus
04-18-2010, 08:08 AM
It's true I feel like I don't do hardly enough damage keep enough agro or have enough health
warriors do need help

Hurs
04-18-2010, 08:15 AM
For some reason... my Warrior seems to have no problem staying alive and holding aggro x.x

Splurd
04-18-2010, 11:07 AM
For some reason... my Warrior seems to have no problem staying alive and holding aggro x.x

Hmm, if we look at this way. If your warrior solo-ed a map, vs an archer and a enchantress, who would do it faster / easier.
I'm not betting on the warrior...

I think thats why people are unhappy with warriors. Staying alive and holding aggro is not enough for them. They want their warriros to be like the barbarians from Diablo2, slicing and dicing and generally being a bad ***. They want their warriors to be so awesome that vin diesel would want to play him in a movie. (tho ,manliness is reduced in a fur suit)

Cinco
04-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Great thread!

I expect to have fixes for the weapon issues (Warrior's preferred weapons are definitely under-powered) and the Warrior's less-than-stellar armor this coming week. I have also been working on changes to the skill balance - but these may take longer to test before appearing on Live.

Thanks very much for the feedback,

- Cinco

pvpmaster
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
yeh warriors arnt really supose to do big damage and everything they jus supose to hve good armor and take alot of damage also we can take 100 damage off our opponent so ur dagger damage-gone talon damage-gone with hell scream and crushing blow so hving ok damage is allright then we hve fast umm recharge rate for like our slashs so we can do more of those so more damage and rage gives us some damage and if u run boom beckon ur back to us and stuned i hve a warrior and a archer but i still like my warrior better in pvp one on one but my archer in team fights :p and the daggers suck if u get close to a warrior-dead and the damage is very low so when u do ur blast shot and the other stuff archers do the damage is really bad and u archers can only hve 14 hs and low hp well warriors can hve 26hs and like 400hp also hello iron blood yeh we do hve more armor

LIGHTNINGLORD67
07-13-2010, 03:10 PM
yeh warriors arnt really supose to do big damage and everything they jus supose to hve good armor and take alot of damage also we can take 100 damage off our opponent so ur dagger damage-gone talon damage-gone with hell scream and crushing blow so hving ok damage is allright then we hve fast umm recharge rate for like our slashs so we can do more of those so more damage and rage gives us some damage and if u run boom beckon ur back to us and stuned i hve a warrior and a archer but i still like my warrior better in pvp one on one but my archer in team fights :p and the daggers suck if u get close to a warrior-dead and the damage is very low so when u do ur blast shot and the other stuff archers do the damage is really bad and u archers can only hve 14 hs and low hp well warriors can hve 26hs and like 400hp also hello iron blood yeh we do hve more armor

Hai..........

bmc85uk
07-13-2010, 03:57 PM
This post is close to 3 months dead, the vast majority of it doesn't apply anymore.

pvpmaster
07-15-2010, 01:59 PM
Hai..........

lol... hello lightninglord

bladesword
07-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Making 2 pure warriors... Lol
SkellerKrunch, and ThaRef