PDA

View Full Version : Info for returning players?

Arachnophobik
11-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Now lets say there's players who left around lvl 41-46 cap and have decided to come check the game out again and how its doing. A couple of things pop to mind, and it's a bit hard to scourge through the update logs as to what is what. I (and probably future returning players who stumble upon this thread) would appreciate some answers to a couple of questions:

1. What are awakenings?
2. What are Heroics?
3. Main source of gold these days? (i.e lock farming sites? maybe some elite loot to farm for?)
4. How do ultimate skills work (I don't think it stated the cooldown times, and are they all buffs?)
5. Hows the game these days-community wise(dying/pretty good, getting new players/runescape took them)?

Spheresome
11-03-2018, 11:45 AM
1. Awakenings are buffs that can be added to items to increase your stats through the purchase of an awakening gem that can be used to "awaken" your item and get a new buff every time you use a gem. Different rarity items can have more awakening slots for more possible enhancements
2. Heroics are a new variety of pet with nothing new in terms of Arcane Ability but have much stronger Happiness Bonus and higher dmg passive attacks
3. Main sources of gold are through Elite Southern Gates with Gold Loot awakens on your gear (last boss drops tons of gold) and Hydra/Infested swamp farming for mire set pieces and also the Mausoleum VI
4. Ultimate skills are unlocked at lvl 67 and require 10 skill points to activate. They are often over powered abilities that require 3-4 minutes to charge, and starts charging upon attacking the first mob in a map
5. The game community, I would like to say is pretty good, but I think most end game players would agree with me in that it is quickly dying off.

Hope this helps!

PM me in game if you need more clarifications. IGN: Chautrao

Arachnophobik
11-04-2018, 06:11 AM
1. Awakenings are buffs that can be added to items to increase your stats through the purchase of an awakening gem that can be used to "awaken" your item and get a new buff every time you use a gem. Different rarity items can have more awakening slots for more possible enhancements
2. Heroics are a new variety of pet with nothing new in terms of Arcane Ability but have much stronger Happiness Bonus and higher dmg passive attacks
3. Main sources of gold are through Elite Southern Gates with Gold Loot awakens on your gear (last boss drops tons of gold) and Hydra/Infested swamp farming for mire set pieces and also the Mausoleum VI
4. Ultimate skills are unlocked at lvl 67 and require 10 skill points to activate. They are often over powered abilities that require 3-4 minutes to charge, and starts charging upon attacking the first mob in a map
5. The game community, I would like to say is pretty good, but I think most end game players would agree with me in that it is quickly dying off.

Hope this helps!

PM me in game if you need more clarifications. IGN: Chautrao

Neat! Thank you kind sir

Xxkayakxx
11-04-2018, 06:15 AM

Yea....from 5 years XD
More bans than leaves. Community is still good ;)

Arachnophobik
11-04-2018, 06:33 AM
Which reminds me, how do ultimates fare in PvP? On equal gear, equal classes, can a team without ultimates beat a team with ultimates? (I was thinking a tank with Jugg and Immortal ult seems like a big game changer on paper) I can't find a pvp video in youtube with endgame players using ultimates for some reason.

Ebereasider
11-04-2018, 06:53 AM
Ultimates are disabled in PvP

Arachnophobik
11-04-2018, 08:45 AM
Ultimates are disabled in PvP

ohohoh I see, thanks for that!

Spheresome
11-04-2018, 11:04 AM

Yea....from 5 years XD

Maybe I exaggerated a little if i said "quickly dying off" but for someone who was playing actively during the 41-46 cap they are in for a jolt as to how inactive it is now :/

Gaprisha
11-04-2018, 01:23 PM
ooh wellcom back you nab. Good to see you back :p
pm me in game if you need any help.

Azerothraven
11-04-2018, 07:30 PM
Maybe I exaggerated a little if i said "quickly dying off" but for someone who was playing actively during the 41-46 cap they are in for a jolt as to how inactive it is now :/

Everything eventually dies. We must learn to appreciate the good time we had.
It is sad that community is reducing but I can't be 100% sure this is that case since there are soooo many players in AL that I barely know, met or spoken to ever.

Spheresome
11-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Everything eventually dies. We must learn to appreciate the good time we had.
It is sad that community is reducing but I can't be 100% sure this is that case since there are soooo many players in AL that I barely know, met or spoken to ever.

Yeah its true, last year I thought the community couldnt possibly get much worse than it was then and now im wishing for it back. I have personally evaluated the size of the community by the number of merchnats I have seen screaming out prices in expedition camp decreasing, the lack of players who show up in brackenridge when I start a new character and the length of time it takes for maps to fill.

You never know what you have till you no longer have it~

Arachnophobik
11-04-2018, 10:59 PM
ooh wellcom back you nab. Good to see you back :p
pm me in game if you need any help.

I almost couldn't believe you're still active!! Hiiii Gap!!! Added you ^_^

PatD
11-05-2018, 10:47 AM
my personal way to see if community is still alive is my ever growing friend list, i have more than 3k friends(player, merchants, chatter, begger etc) and no, the community is not dying, of course there is player who show up only during event but there is a big bunch of player who play everyday.

Abuze
11-05-2018, 11:02 AM
Welcome back you nab
Dussypestroyr at ur sevice :P
HMU on Line or Discord

PsychoNuke
11-05-2018, 01:05 PM

Yea....from 5 years XD

I dont know if its dying, but I am seeing same players often in endgame maps if I go Random/Fang Outpost. May be less players in endgame? Are people still twinking? I have no idea what level majority of the players are; may be devs should share that graph like they did in past.

Arachnophobik
11-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Welcome back you nab
Dussypestroyr at ur sevice :P
HMU on Line or Discord

DUSSSSS I'VE MISSED UUUU!! Even more shocked ur also still playing! I thought you left, almost all my friends did (well, I'm not entirely sure on that, I came back and my friends list for ALL chars were wiped out for some reason :/ ), is Abuze your new ign? I just redownloaded Line and Discord, get me in dem AL groups!

Abuze
11-06-2018, 08:33 AM
DUSSSSS I'VE MISSED UUUU!! Even more shocked ur also still playing! I thought you left, almost all my friends did (well, I'm not entirely sure on that, I came back and my friends list for ALL chars were wiped out for some reason :/ ), is Abuze your new ign? I just redownloaded Line and Discord, get me in dem AL groups!

I stalked your youtube vids now and then :P
Idk if yohoe still plays.
HMU with ur discord id in pms tho!
I'm not really active on AL atm, mostly events only, waiting for this new thing called Hardcore mode, you should read up on that, it's basically AL 2.0 if you ask me.
I'm mostly in non AL related groups on discord and guild group chats on Line at the moment, there's this server on discord made by Zylx for AL community but its mostly ded
I'll prob try and convince you to play Vainglory at some point so be prepared!

Earlingstad
11-08-2018, 09:48 AM
1. What are awakenings?
2. What are Heroics?
3. Main source of gold these days? (i.e lock farming sites? maybe some elite loot to farm for?)
4. How do ultimate skills work (I don't think it stated the cooldown times, and are they all buffs?)
5. Hows the game these days-community wise(dying/pretty good, getting new players/runescape took them)?

awakenings are enhancements on your gear, that are acquired through awakening gems (craftable) and elite awakening gems (purchased in auction and through platinum). what awakening you get depends on rng and a list of possible enhancements can be found on your equipment and through search on the forum.

heroics are enhanced versions of our old pets. some heroics are better than their arcane versions but not all.

mausoleum 5 and 6 and elites are nice to farm at.

ultimates are buffs and not sure about their cooldown times too.

the player-community is mostly sweet. i find players online on my list, and at most endgame maps i go to and that means it is not dying, i did hear some TOS breakers who got banned have been telling people they quit. the dev community is always listening and coming up with user-friendly updates and enjoyable events.

XP is much easier to get now from daily quests. there are crafting slots purchasable through plat and cs. we can view cs from anyplace now.

Pushs
11-10-2018, 06:09 AM
A Dev said about AL that its along time for a mobile game