PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for inflation/fun events

Ixillicus
11-23-2011, 05:21 PM
I saw a thread a while back talking about how there was a lot of gold in the game which was inflating prices, and there is neary a way to remove the gold, as it just changes ownership. The thread was trying to find a "gold suck" to spend and remove excess gold from the game. I had an idea that might work as well.. it might spice up the Holiday festival, should STS choose to bring it back this year.

Because the Halloween festival was a direct port with only minor changes, I feel that we can anticipate something similar for a Winter Festival. To spice it up, I propose that STS bring back a standard version of the event for everyone to enjoy, as well as a premium version (pay to play). The idea would be that you could pay to play a run on a designated holiday map. It could cost say 50k or 100k to do a run. The benefit would be that running on this pay to play map could result in special drops not attainable through the regular maps. (Maybe a few new pinks with stats slightly better than the other Winter Festival pinks for twinking), or some vanity drops only available through this run. These items wouldn't provide a huge advantage, but they would be exclusive which might drive players to try it. Because they are drops, it means that paying for a run doesn't guarantee an item, and this would only appeal to players with excessive gold who seek these exclusive items. Alternatively, we could have a 50k/100k (theoretical amounts) entry fee or some amount of plat, but that might result in a less effective gold suck. However, the plat entry fee could motivate STS to develop this additional content.

I am not try to make the game pay to play, and I still want their to be a regular Winter Festival, but it's just an idea for some bonus content that might help the economy etc. I am not rich in-game with gold or plat and don't think this would be a big benefit for me, but I think there might be players who would take advantage of this new content.

Please post constructive feedback. No flaming.

Riccits
11-24-2011, 03:05 AM
u know that most of players doesnt even have 50k? new players are always broke
only rich ppl could do runs and sell those items for bi- and trizzillions

Zerious
11-24-2011, 04:00 AM
Lol pay for one run: sell the purp for 9.9 mil XD
then watch the guy next to me get the pink... Pass

Ixillicus
11-24-2011, 02:46 PM
u know that most of players doesnt even have 50k? new players are always broke
only rich ppl could do runs and sell those items for bi- and trizzillions

Right... the goal is to take money out of the game. Paying to do the runs over and over would do that. If they can sell it for more than they put in, that would be fine. It still took some money out of the game.

Gaunab
11-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Yes but how does the money move?

Rich people: can afford many runs, get most pinks and they will of course try to get more out of it than they invested (otherways they wouldn't even farm for it)

The rich would just get richer...

And maybe some less rich persons would also try their luck to get rich, but that would be a bit like gambling, and if they're unlucky they would be left with big losses.

Riccits
11-25-2011, 02:08 AM
but back to theme gold sink, i was always the meaning the gold must be sinked, but atm idc anymore. broke ppl have just to farm items. there is always low budget gear around to play. to make money just farm. costs of many items are anyway quite low, the expensivest is just the endgame gear.

Ixillicus
11-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Yes but how does the money move?

Rich people: can afford many runs, get most pinks and they will of course try to get more out of it than they invested (otherways they wouldn't even farm for it)

The rich would just get richer...

And maybe some less rich persons would also try their luck to get rich, but that would be a bit like gambling, and if they're unlucky they would be left with big losses.

Well... the money paid for the runs would leave the game. I didn't say that this would change the distribution of wealth in the game. If someone spent 1 Mill to farm these items and sold them for 2 mill, that means 1 Mill has been removed from circulation. Only another rich player would theoretically be able to afford the item should it be re-sold, so it's not like it's stealing from the poor.

noobmigo
11-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Well... the money paid for the runs would leave the game. I didn't say that this would change the distribution of wealth in the game. If someone spent 1 Mill to farm these items and sold them for 2 mill, that means 1 Mill has been removed from circulation. Only another rich player would theoretically be able to afford the item should it be re-sold, so it's not like it's stealing from the poor.

One Mil has been removed from circulation, but 2 Million has been added.

Makes 0% sense, imo.

Arod8ball
11-25-2011, 01:29 PM
easy fix.. sell plat pots for ridiculous gold amounts. people were buying it like crazy to level before it was platinum only.

i.e. thrasher for 5 hours... 1 million gold

noobmigo
11-25-2011, 01:36 PM
easy fix.. sell plat pots for ridiculous gold amounts. people were buying it like crazy to level before it was platinum only.

Not 1 Million, but perhaps 50-150K.

Gaunab
11-25-2011, 01:40 PM
One Mil has been removed from circulation, but 2 Million has been added.

Makes 0% sense, imo.

There is some sence behind it: One mil has been completely taken out of the game. The 2mil come from the wealth of another player.

I kinda get your point now mixi :)

But I think that would raise many issues and complaints. These new items would be something like the toys of all the uber rich who don't mind spending some mil on these items. So... you suppose that a regular player just won't be able to afford the stuff at all? I can see the flamethreads coming...

I dont think this is an effective way to stop any kind of inflation... :(

noobmigo
11-25-2011, 01:43 PM
There is some sence behind it: One mil has been completely taken out of the game. The 2mil come from the wealth of another player.

I kinda get your point now mixi :)

But I think that would raise many issues and complaints. These new items would be something like the toys of all the uber rich who don't mind spending some mil on these items. So... you suppose that a regular player just won't be able to afford the stuff at all? I can see the flamethreads coming...

I dont think this is an effective way to stop any kind of inflation... :(

It actually makes 0 sense to me.
Explain, please.

If one guy spends one million on buying the runs, and earns 2 Million from the runs, he makes a profit of 1 Million. 1 Million has been added to the game, instead of removed. I've no idea how this is a gold sink.

Gaunab
11-25-2011, 01:46 PM

Good idea, that could propably work...

But I'm 110% sure this won't happen. :/

When the main spine was made free, they changed elixiers from gold to plat. I am sure the highest income for STS. comes from all the plats that are daily spent on elixiers.
No plat elixiers--> no money for STS --> NO PL :P

Gaunab
11-25-2011, 01:50 PM
It actually makes 0 sense to me.
Explain, please.

If one guy spends one million on buying the runs, and earns 2 Million from the runs, he makes a profit of 1 Million. 1 Million has been added to the game, instead of removed. I've no idea how this is a gold sink.

C'mon migo! :)

Yes, this particular player has a PROFIT of 2 (selling price) -1(money spent on runs) = 1 mil. But another player has a LOSS of 2 mil (in trade for this Item).
Therefor there has been 1 mil taken out of the game. :)

Still, the system seems impractical to me :P

noobmigo
11-25-2011, 03:56 PM
C'mon migo! :)

Yes, this particular player has a PROFIT of 2 (selling price) -1(money spent on runs) = 1 mil. But another player has a LOSS of 2 mil (in trade for this Item).
Therefor there has been 1 mil taken out of the game. :)

Still, the system seems impractical to me :P

It's a loss, but it hasn't been taken out of the game...
It's still going in-game, to the person who sold the item.

Gaunab
11-25-2011, 04:11 PM
It's a loss, but it hasn't been taken out of the game...
It's still going in-game, to the person who sold the item.

Yes, the 2mil go to the seller, but he only keeps 1mil of this, the other mil was the money he put into farming this item.
And this mil is payed to the system or sth (to let him do the runs), and thereby taken out of the game.

Or where does the money go that is payed to do these runs..?

Riccits
11-26-2011, 10:08 AM
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!