PDA

View Full Version : Venture Beat names Star Legends as one of it's Top 10 iOS Games of 2011

Samhayne
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2870&d=1322051922

"What makes a great mobile game? Eye popping visuals? Solid gameplay and controls? Ease of entry, pick up and play features? Are casual games the best suited for Apple’s disruptive gaming device? What about core gaming, is it yet possible on these magical devices? What about social games, shooters, platformers?

The answer: Yes.

We’re adding Star Legends to the list because it’s the first original massively multiplayer online game (MMO) that got things right. Well, that’s not quite it. Spacetime Studios used the MMO engine in an earlier game, Pocket Legends, which blew us all away with the online real-time synchronous fantasy themed role-playing game.

While Pocket Legends is now fun in its own right, Star Legends: The Blackstar Chronicles sprang forth fully formed, unleashed upon iOS and Android gamers alike, allowing both platforms to play together on the same servers, a coup by any measure."

Read the full article here (http://venturebeat.com/2011/11/22/top-10-ios-games-2011/)

Kahlua
11-23-2011, 06:34 PM
wooo way to go guys! :D
So many of these honors! Truly impressive.

Slant
11-23-2011, 06:40 PM
world of goo and superbrothers are in a different league from the rest... the detailing in both these titles is nothing like anything else... the funny stuff in the terminals in SL is very reminiscent of the Sign Painter, yeah SL is right there for different reasons, the technology, and the engine and its cross platform nature... and we knew all of this already haha. Nothing else on the list comes close, or anything else on the app store...

gz dev team

BodMaster
11-23-2011, 06:42 PM
Wow! Wooooop nice one STS! Very commendable :D

Silentarrow
11-23-2011, 06:50 PM
Grats guys :).

serprus
11-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Congrats STS team!

Olz
11-24-2011, 02:18 AM
WOOT! SL is the best game ever!

kiffnshey
11-24-2011, 09:23 PM
great game and build relationship among player

JemNI
11-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Great for STS and well-deserved. But it keeps me wondering why SL and PL are not even listed under any of the top categories in iTunes. I regularly check for New and Noteworthy or "What we're Playing" and find games that get 2 and 3 stars and review comments state such things as "Broken" and "Save your money, don't buy this". How are those games making the top lists and PL and SL are virtually unmentioned. I'll never understand Apple's criteria but the Top Free game now is Original Gangstaz Rock. Really?!?!?! I mean REALLY?!?!?!?!?

Keep up the great work guys, you keep us playing.

Skeletonlord
11-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Good job Star Legends! This is a big achevement for STS and I am proud in them for this. Great job guys!

javier995
11-28-2011, 01:32 PM
Woot! Grats!! I wonder where DL will stand :)

CappinClutch
11-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Anything STS touches turns to gold...I have no doubt in my mind that DL will just be the hat trick!