PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends Loot Database

kinawarrior
07-12-2010, 04:29 PM
I have looked around and havent' really found a loot database. There is a good wiki out there, but only really has lvl 40+ stuff.

I am strong with web skills / database skills, and would offer to create some sort of search engine for loots.

Basically, I would make it like this:

Person uploads the loot info themselves from a web page I would create. This would be broken down by each stat. I would leave it open for anyone to upload the data, or lock it down to myself only, depends on how much incorrect info I would anticipate.
Person can upload a picture if they have it (for approval, no nudies or anything)

On the search back end, they can search by, well, anything...must have so much str, m/s, armor, dps (generated by in game item as there is controversy over actual dps), min dmg, max dmg, content, level, etc.

Honestly, this would be very easy for me to create, and I would love to give back to the community. I'd probably just put it up on my personal site for now (which has...nothing on it, literally), and look into moving it somewhere else in the future.

It would all be .asp / sql based by using querystrings opposed to post from the form. What this enables people to do is send the actual link of a search or an item, opposed to going to the search page, re-adding in the search criteria, and hitting submit.

If this is already done somewhere, then I'm sorry for double posting or if someone is working on this...but, I basically do this for a living (data manipulation via web sites, along with all of the other goodies an IT Director entails), so it would be very easy for me to do. And, with my background of finding easier ways to find / manipulate data, I think it would be extremely fun!

thoughts?

Banned
07-12-2010, 04:50 PM
A database was created by awesome possum member, Druc.

http://www.venom-guild.com/db/search.php

Snakespeare
07-12-2010, 05:48 PM
Awesome. Is there a way that we can add data?

kinawarrior
07-12-2010, 06:04 PM
That's sort of what I was going to do, only fix the search so it works correctly, but that's about it with pictures. Maybe I'll throw something together and see if anyone likes it

Banned
07-12-2010, 06:23 PM
PM Druc. He said he needed help with getting additional data.