PDA

View Full Version : Mob targetting

Amelo
07-12-2010, 04:36 PM
Mob targetting is probably the most troublesome usability component of the game. Personally, I play the game exclusively from the iPhone, so perhaps that provides some context to this feedback...

I would like an easier way to "release" a targetted mob and/or "target" a new mob. Not sure I have any great ideas on how this could be accomplished, but just thought I would start this thread to get some creative juices flowing.

Also, any feedback on features in the game of which I am not taking advantage to accomplish this is also appreciated.
---
Usability gripes aside, I am very much enjoying this game and believe it to be one of the best iPhone games to date. Cheers to the development team! Now where did my day go to?

Royce
07-12-2010, 05:00 PM
To "release" a target, just tap yourself, that actually works pretty well for me. I agree targeting can be tricky when mobs are tightly packed, and particularly when lagging. I would like to have a way to rotate available targets at least, but how to work that into the already fairly crowded UI would proabably be the issue.

bmc85uk
07-12-2010, 05:40 PM
With iPhone screens being multi-touch, you could have a two finger double tap, three finger single tap or something similar.

I can't think of any off the top of my head, but there's sure to be a sensible way to work it in without adding anything to the already jam-packed HUD.