PDA

View Full Version : we all scream for ice cream!

SuperNas
11-24-2011, 01:38 AM
Most of us Android users know about the highly anticipated Android 4.0 (Ice cream sandwich) os! I have the source code apk on my phone but i decided to wait for Google to release it on the nexus S (the phone i own) meanwhile i downloaded ics Google music which is like iTunes but better IMO and i also have the cool new keyboard :) anyone know when the release date of the ics software will be?

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 03:32 AM
So jealous :(

My silly phone (well them for deciding) it can not handle Gingerbread never mind Icecream Sandwich which is a mix of Gingerbread and Honeycomb. Btw I have a HTC Desire (which is old but still out powers a few newer phones released after it IMO) but there is hope... I get a new phone and contact in March Woooop. Just stumped on what to get yet..

SuperNas
11-24-2011, 04:02 AM
Awe :( lol Actually,i think you can update the firmware on your desire yourself (from 2.2 to 2.3) but im not sure if your HTC sense will still work. Btw I had a Motorola charm a few months ago running 2.2 i was completely shocked my lil charm :) was able to play sl without any problems.

Edit: the razor coming back next year :cool:

Deathpunch
11-24-2011, 09:02 AM
ICS will not be released for official updates until after the galaxy nexus is released. However, from what I heard, the Nexus S will be the first, besides the GN, to get it. If you dig around a bit on xda I'm fairly sure there is a port of ics for the nexus s ported over already if you're rooted.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 09:33 AM
Awe :( lol Actually,i think you can update the firmware on your desire yourself (from 2.2 to 2.3) but im not sure if your HTC sense will still work. Btw I had a Motorola charm a few months ago running 2.2 i was completely shocked my lil charm :) was able to play sl without any problems.

Edit: the razor coming back next year :cool:

Not rooted :( but im on Froyo, and have been since it was released on my network :D

Im going to have to take another look a the market (not the android one :p) and see what I fancy. Heard alot of great things from the new S2 and that it pwn'd the 'Amaze' which was a shock in its own right but Samsung = Uggg, HTC = Awesomeness!

Goes off to look at my 'phone bible' ;)

saiyen
11-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Samsung nexus prime(1.5 ghz dualcore) will be 1st to get icecream

o_0

BodMaster
11-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Samsung nexus prime(1.5 ghz dualcore) will be 1st to get icecream

o_0

Also a phone I've been keeping a tab on ;)

SuperNas
11-24-2011, 12:08 PM
ICS will not be released for official updates until after the galaxy nexus is released. However, from what I heard, the Nexus S will be the first, besides the GN, to get it. If you dig around a bit on xda I'm fairly sure there is a port of ics for the nexus s ported over already if you're rooted.

Sent from my HTC Evo 3D

Yeah i was going to root my.phone for the port but i heard its not the entire ice update. I'm just wondering how long will it be xD

o_0

That's what i did when i seen a unboxing on youtube lol

GarysCocoPuffs
11-24-2011, 12:47 PM
For better keyboard now, check out swiftkey x.

SuperNas
11-25-2011, 05:21 AM
Is that the swipe keyboard?

Your right bodmaster! HTC phones are beast

BodMaster
11-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Is that the swipe keyboard?

Your right bodmaster! HTC phones are beast

No its not swipe, though im using it right now its a trial version. The next is most prob pay. Im going to test it a little further but I have noticed some minor problems with it already. (Hopefully fixed when full version is released fully)

Very well processed, auto predictions are very accurate (and if not exaclty what you meant can be fun), the app cn either scroll through your FB, Gmail, or txs in general, it then picks up your typing consistencies and inputs them straight off before you even use it. Also the personalization tools are pretty awesome! Also as its 'pretty' new it has plenty of time and space to improve.

Btw I was a Beta for swipe, loved it for a whole week or two then lost interest,

Great idea, but doubt it would ever take over the 'norm' keyboard.