PDA

View Full Version : Jones fracture

arischal
11-24-2011, 08:34 AM
Ok, so i ran a marathon on Nov 12, but apparently I had a stress fracture in my fifth metatarsal the whole time. Does anybody know how long it will take to heal? The doctors were kinda iffy on this. (I thought i just had tendinitis, so i kept running on the foot... might as well finish right?) I got my foot x-ray done yesterday while i was at work one of the docs took a look at it and said it looked like the fracture had started to heal but i broke it again....

So yeah, foots gonna get a boot

Paar
11-24-2011, 07:52 PM
Not sure but Good Luck with It!

Tvis
11-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Here's to a quick recovery :positive:

CrimsonTider
11-24-2011, 08:48 PM
Depends on thr severity of the fracture. My guess (been a while) but you may be looking at a month in the boot then another few weeks to allow your foot to adjust to being out of the boot. I would slowly work your way back into training and stop at any signs of discomfort. Best to talk to a physical therapist or orthopedist on this.

Wretch
11-24-2011, 09:53 PM
Edit: sorry me and the wife are way to tired and not thinking straight...

Again on severity... Best case 6 weeks if you follow strict regiments... Worst case 8 months plus if you ignore everything

Wretch
11-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Sorry for double post.. But I feel it is worthwhile...

I personally learned to walk THREE times... And still cannot correctly..
Backstory... At 18 months old, when I could barely walk, and loved to climb everything!

I was climbing a small stool and slipped, broke my ankle... Got a knee high cast and eventually learned to "thunk" around the house again.... Don't remember everything but my parents said I was a hellion... I would stomp on their feet or kick them in the shin with my cast if I was not happy!!!.. All in all.. Cast was removed had to learn to walk again without it... But fracture was slightly on a growth plate, so I still to this day walk with a gait! No worries or regrets!

Hope you heal better than I did! Best wishes!